The Herbalizer

AdmiralAlpacha

Your mileage may vary, as with any vaporizer many factors could cause it to change. Load size, flower quality, temperature preference, whether you stir it, etc. I haven't used the herbalizer but my guess is that it is pretty efficient, maybe not as much as a log vape, but I'm sure it competes well with most vapes on the market since the bowl size is relatively small and due to the precise temperature control.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Your miles may vary

Your mileage may vary, as with any vaporizer many factors could cause it to change. Load size, flower quality, temperature preference, whether you stir it, etc. I haven't used the herbalizer but my guess is that it is pretty efficient, maybe not as much as a log vape, but I'm sure it competes well with most vapes on the market since the bowl size is relatively small and due to the precise temperature control.

Thanks you said it way better.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: nigel

Ralph

Dreamerr, did you love the verbalizer? Will you be purchasing one when it's available?

Ralph,
Reactions: Tweek

Dreamerr

I did love it but all our needs are different so for me it isn't good. I am in bed all the time and it would take up to much room for me. I like variety and can fit a lot in the space that it takes up. There are other reasons as well but they are all really personal. I would stand behind this vape as it did medicate and more importantly it is fast as hell. I hate long warm up times but am stuck with some cause I prefer portable. If this fit like behind me on the wall and I could let the tube hang in my mouth then it would be great....a mask would even be better:clap:.

Seriously though, it is fast, efficient, has many possibilities, switches from wax to flower seamlessly, bags, no bags, forced air, no forced air, aroma therapy and maybe something I missed. Most vapes that try to do more then one thing to quote vito are the doer(ok forgot the first word he uses) of many and the master of none. I think this vape changes that as it seems to be the master of all which is wonderful. The only other issue I personally would have is the noise of fans but that is unavoidalbe. I hate my fan on my computer, the noise the light bulbs make and the fan on my ceiling. Most stuff people can't hear or are able to filter out. So like I said some personal stuff that has nothing to do with the masses.

You never know what I may end up with in the future.

Dreamerr

You couldn't help yourself Q right :rofl:
For the record I will never ever get sayings correct, but I do try.

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Since "Herbie" does give a startup message, the Herbalizer is an occasional verbalizer.

I lovingly have called the Q a "Jack of all trades, but Master of none"
I found the Herbalizer to be a master of all facets.
Historically a person that WAS a Jack of all trades, and proficient with them all
was called a renaissance man
I guess that would make Herbie the "Renaissance Vape"

Dreamerr

Gee I thought my dumb language was good enough but I guess now...now two people have corrected me to say the same thing:rofl::rofl::rofl:Ah I know it is still that unknown language I speak that only very few can understand:shrug::smug:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Well, I still haven't posted my impressions (tl:dr -- quite good!!!). But I will note that Josh uploaded a new posting (EDIT: full URL here: http://www.herbalizer.com/so-what-really-is-combustion-why-herbalize/) on their site, precisely on combustion. (For those following along at home: This is something we say "Fuck" specifically to. :p )

I know some people at the test event wanted >455°F temps. (Which of course -- being a flavor guy I just don't get --. but to each, their own!)

But... maybe these temps (FTA) aren't worth it?

Last edited:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Josh uploaded a new posting on their site, precisely on combustion.

I know some people at the test event wanted >455°F temps. (Which of course -- being a flavor guy I just don't get --. but to each, their own!)

But... maybe these temps (FTA) aren't worth it?

Good stuff. The subject has been discussed on fc before, and I think the same description has been referenced. It's a good read for sure. The big difference now is that there's finally a device where those temperature numbers can be relied upon. :cool:

There will always be the folks who are after the super high temps. I find that it's usually younger people who still smoke their herb on the regular. They're used to those combustion byproducts and even seek them out since that's the norm for them.

As with anything, you can't please everyone all the time, and here I think that preventing combustion by default is the right choice. It isn't difficult to grind your herb and let it get super dry if you want to get as close to the edge as possible. A max of 445F based on 5 degrees +/- makes sense.

I can't wait to play with accurate temperature control.

A few cool photos. I think we're getting close. :D

1150789_628625980504481_1523461360_n.jpg

"Our custom color blended plastic arrived (well, some of it)! 2,000 pounds for the first lot."

"Getting closer and closer to running the first batch. We ran our second pre-production build ironing out the final details before running the first batch... as long as those long-lead parts arrive and meet quality specs, we're on track for Next Month. Fingers and Toes are crossed."

1234701_650814034952342_1288846396_n.jpg

The very first Herbalizer OVEN assembled, with all production-level parts!

1238777_650814011619011_337450626_n.jpg

Working through the nuances and details of each piece

599684_650814024952343_410091698_n.jpg

PCB ready for SMT

1238016_650814048285674_1059532277_n.jpg

1175039_650814074952338_241896776_n.jpg

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Good stuff. The subject has been discussed on fc before, and I think the same description has been referenced.
Sorry. Not trying to :horse: here.

The big difference now is that there's finally a device where those temperature numbers can be relied upon.

That is HUGE. HUGE.

HUGE.

There will always be the folks who are after the super high temps. I find that it's usually younger people who still smoke their herb on the regular.

Uh, not to stigmatize a social strata here...
As I said, we all have our flavors and we all have paces we are at in life....

As with anything, you can't please everyone all the time, and here I think that preventing combustion by default is the right choice. .... A max of 445F based on 5 degrees +/- makes sense.

Amen, my brother. Amen.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Slim.... Fuck yo- wait, wrong thread! :lol:

Super jealous if I'm correct in assuming you have a unit to use... Been seriously missing the Herbalizer!!

I kinda agree and disagree with 445 being the top temp. Agree in that it's high enough to vape CBD, though I do see why people would want it higher. Definitely a careful line to tread between vaporizing and combusting.

Can't wait to get my hands on it again, whenever that is... The more I think about it, the more I want it!

Come over, I can make some pretty good coffee ;) don't forget to bring the Herbalizer, too, or else I might give you decaf :nope:

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sorry. Not trying to :horse: here.
Not at all. I was only attempting to put emphasis on the connection between the topic and an accurate digital temperature control with consistency between units.

Uh, not to stigmatize a social strata here...
As I said, we all have our flavors and we all have paces we are at in life....
Absolutely. I respect the preferences of others. Variety is the spice of life afterall. Personally I've been happily smoke free going on 13 years--firsthand at least--but the name of this site is more tongue-in-cheek than I think most people realize.

These are exciting times. A Renaissance period for vaporizers as Vitolo hinted at. Between the Herbalizer, and the EVO, vapor enthusiasts are going to be spoiled rotten. Newcomers truly don't know how good they have it. :myday:

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I am lucky enough to have a machine here right now... Doing some testing so that when it finally gets out in the wild it will be ready to rock! This is my third time testing it and from the first time to now I have to say each time it has gotten better, and it becomes a little harder to part with after testing.

I am in love with this thing...

I usually keep it in the upper temp range myself. I find the extraction herb and strength of the state it puts me in to be quite strong at those upper end temps. I like to skirt that line between vaporization and combustion. I find the Herbalizer does an amazingly good job of getting the most out of your herb without having to really worry about the ignition/combustion thing. I was very concerned that upper end temperature might not provide the state I am looking for, but I have not had that issue at all.

I am taking an herbalist apprenticeship currently and the thing that really excited me is begin able to utilize the precise temperature control to vaporize a wide variety of medicinal herbs.

I need to post some new vidoes/pictures of the user interface and performance. The little tweaks to the user interface are really cool.

Also about the fan. The 2nd time I tested it the cooling fan ran all the time and full speed when the unit was on. That was a precaution during that round of testing. It was kind of noisy. This new unit runs like normal. I don't hear the cooling fan very often. Usually the unit sits pretty silent. The cooling fan seems to kick on intermittently once the unit gets warm. Fun fact: I actually leave fans running near me when I am in a room because it drowns out my tinnitus.

Stay with me here... I am a very strain specific for my medical needs. There are maybe 10 strains I like to use, and maybe 2-3 of those really hit all my needs in terms of pain and mental health management. This is not normally an issue because I have been lucky enough to have access to the same strains pretty consistently. Unfortunately the strains are usually one off strains that some guy accidentally crossbred, or they are not very good producers/yielders, or are hybrids and finicky to clone or grow... so they are not grown by many people. If I get into a situation when I don't have access to one of my 2-3 go-to strains it can be a little stressful. Long story short I find that the Herbalizer gives me a better result off a wider variety of strains. I am able to get more relief off some old strains that i had laying around that previously did not cut it perviously. I am not saying it will make bad cannabis amazing... but the good cannabis I had laying around that did not satisfy me before seems to work a little better for my needs.

If anyone has any questions while I have the unit for this round of testing I guess this is the time to ask.

SD_haze

If anyone has any questions while I have the unit for this round of testing I guess this is the time to ask.
I didn't manage to ask when I test drove the Herbalizer,
but I was curious if there was any issue of buildup within the unit from the backward-pressure of some stemless bongs.

It wasn't an issue for my VXC, but after a year of heavy use there's a big taste difference in the vapor because of required non-routine maintenance. Which I'm not a fan of :ninja:

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Just out of curiousity, how heavy is it? Compared to other desktop vapes?

nopartofme,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@Slightly Medicated

how do the bags taste? I didn't like the taste of my Ion's bag last time I used it. I don't expect the Herbie bags to taste as good as the whip, but is there a ton of difference?

stickstones,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@Slightly Medicated

how do the bags taste? I didn't like the taste of my Ion's bag last time I used it. I don't expect the Herbie bags to taste as good as the whip, but is there a ton of difference?

Bags taste bad because vapour condenses inside and goes stale. I don't see how the Herbalizer could be any different in this respect.

pakalolo,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Sooooo anxious for the the email :nod:

just finished rewatching all the vids on their YouTube channel and hyped my anticipation again..... COME ON OCTOBER !! :mmmm:

smokum,
Top Bottom