Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILExtreme

IAmKrazy2 said:
ILExtreme. Are you preheating your herb in the bowl before your sessions? Sometimes, I preheat at a high temp for 20min plus, then drop down to 190 for another 8 to 10 before vaping. Have you tried the elbow method? Takes a few times to get used to, but it's the best way to get milky hits from the whip, and its the most conservative way to use the machine. I also use elbows while i use bags, but i think most don't.
Okay I'm preheating right now for 20 mins on 230c. Then will drop down to 220 just to test it out. I'm going to fill some bags and see how it goes.. Will let you guys know. Yeah I have used the elbow method and it was slightly better.

Okay so now for my next try!

By the way, yeah I was using nice green skunk, very nice sticky stuff.

But now I'm using some regs stuff called hippy weed so we'll see how that goes. It's dryer so might work better!

ILExtreme,

NYC Vape

Just got my Extreme last night. I loaded it up with a very small bowl, with some dry herb, at 220 and got some very nice vapor and a pretty good flavor. I was using fan speed 1, so perhaps the lower air volume allowed for higher temp. Later in the night I tried 190 with fan temp 3 and also got some nice, lighter vape with no warmup time. I have not tried the whip yet, but I dont see why people end up moving away from the bag. Even though the bag is rather large, I just didn't fill it up all the way.

My only regret is not having something like this sooner. My box type unit and VG just don't cut it.

At this point in time I am truly prepared to say "Fuck Combustion." I don't even want to smoke again, the high is so much nicer, lighter, and more up.

Incidentally, I made a stopper from a foam ear plug by cutting it to a pointy cone shape. It seems to work as a decent manual valve.

NYC Vape,

B.

War Criminal
Hellll yeah man....fuck combustion. Wait til you've gone 3 or 4 weeks without smoking, then you smoke a bowl...it tastes like ASSSSS! I used to think smoke tasted soooo good

try using glad press n seal as a stopper(forgot who's tip that was, but they deserve the credit).

I used to feel the same way about bags, but now i like whips way better. Bags are still fun tho fosho

B.,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
very nice inline nosmoke. does it drag at all or dillute the vapor density? i've been looking into some type of mouthpiece with water.

illadelph,

Hey all,

Loved reading this forum when researching my purchase and since I just received my Extreme, I decided I should register! Sadly though I have nothing to vape at the moment... My University is plain dry...

Anywho... I?m quite confused on what temps to use. Seems everyone has a different take and it all comes down to what you like best I guess. All I can say for right now is that the level of craftsmanship and care put into this device is outstanding. I hope I get to experience it first had in the near future as I have never vaped before lol.

Happy vaping all

max

Out to lunch
Welcome to the forum 110 (that's as far as I can go with that name). Have you looked at this? http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=103

Vaping temp is always personal choice (assuming the vape provides a choice of course). At lower temps you miss out on a few useful compounds, but also avoid most toxic compounds. Some move up in temp to 'get it all', and some prefer to save the leftovers for extracts or edibles. Your choice. Experiment and decide for yourself.

max,

NYC Vape

Last night I went out and wanted to enjoy some herb. so I blew up a bag, sealed it with the shaved down foam ear plug method i mentioned, and put it in a plastic bag.

I was great to be able to go back to my car and enjoy some vapor halfway through the evening.

I actually did 2 light bags before I left, which is very unusual for me since I almost never would smoke than right away get in a car and drive. I would always have to wait till I cam down a bit to drive, since the smoking always made me a bit anxious the first 30-60 minutes after smoking. The Vapor high is so nice, I had no problem driving a stick shift,. I just took it nice and slow, even though I was high.

Vapor rules.

NYC Vape,

yeah... all i can say is wow. Vape is amazing. Fuck combustion indeed! How long can you store the vape in one of the bags before it becomes useless?

vape on!

NoSmoke

illadelph said:
very nice inline nosmoke. does it drag at all or dillute the vapor density? i've been looking into some type of mouthpiece with water.
I find that it doesn't drag at all, it actually works really nice with the Extreme. About vapor density, I haven't used them much together but the vapor seems pretty thick, especially using the elbow technique at around 200c. A cool inexpensive water filter can be found at silversurfervap.com, it's 99.99 and has a little perc tree and a 14mm gong joint for use with different slides.

img.php

NoSmoke,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
OK, so Ive finally made it to the end of this thread (page 44). Its taken a while, but then after I use my Extreme reading pages of computer text drops way down on the list of things Id like to/am able to do.

I got a good laugh from the comment by shredsnowvapeherb about trying to explain what a vaporizer is to his going on 60 parents.
As a 61+ parent (and a 45+ year toker) I would have appreciated it if my kids had turned me on to vaping. Alas, they both are opposed to my smoking. I respect their wishes and dont smoke or carry into their homes or do it in front of them in my home, but its not without its weirder moments.

So Ive had my Extreme for about a month now and am well satisfied (in fact Im pretty satisfied right now). Not sure about the quest for the elusive thick smoke. Always seemed to me that any smoke you see exhaled isnt inside you doing what its supposed to be doing. So the thicker the smoke the more you are losing. Admittedly this is a smoke driven observation so it does become sort of a Catch 22. But moving from combustion it is somehow psychologically satisfying to have that largely visible exhale so I started at 200C and ramped up to get the big smoke. But as time passed and I plowed on through these posts I began to experiment more with temps. These days I mostly start off at 180C (after preheating all components). If I am bagging then the second bag starts off at 190C and may go up to 200C. If I am on the whip then later in the session I may wind up at 190C, but rarely go above that. This is now, of course. Next week...who knows? That is one of the strongest positives about this unit. It is so damn versatile.

I have come up with a different solution to sealing off the tube end of a filled bag or whip end. That is using the rubber tip from an eye dropper or tincture dropper. I have a picture Ill try to attach. If you dont have something with one of them already you can buy the eyedropper by itself at most drug stores. Just pull out the tube and pop the rubber part out of the cap. It should fit pretty well on your tube to seal off the bag. Hope that makes sense and/or the picture comes through. I use one from some medication I had to give my dog because its slightly bigger and is orange instead of the standard black, so its easier to keep track of.

Enjoy! :peace:

Sinclue,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
great first post sinclue and welcome. i gotta try that stopper invention of yours. i havent blown up a bag in awhile.

illadelph,

NYC Vape

I am finally getting great vapor from the unit. It had to do with my herb. The types I had been using were not all that THC laden. The vaping worked, but I was feeling the unit was not as good as the Volcano I recently used. Then I got some herb that was really white and fuzzy, (and started using filled up bowls instead of half bowls) and it made all the difference. Now I am getting denser bags that after two large inhales are getting me so ripped, I have to stop at that for a while. And my friend who was skeptical of vaping, was finally convinced of going smokeless.

The herb seems to make all the difference.

NYC Vape,

Qbit

cannabanana
Sinclue said:
I have come up with a different solution to sealing off the tube end of a filled bag or whip end. That is using the rubber tip from an eye dropper or tincture dropper. I have a picture Ill try to attach. If you dont have something with one of them already you can buy the eyedropper by itself at most drug stores. Just pull out the tube and pop the rubber part out of the cap. It should fit pretty well on your tube to seal off the bag. Hope that makes sense and/or the picture comes through. I use one from some medication I had to give my dog because its slightly bigger and is orange instead of the standard black, so its easier to keep track of.

img2002kg.th.jpg

Enjoy! :peace:
Hey and when you're running low on herb, you can use those eyedroppers to take really small hits. ;)

Qbit,

junkygood

Hey, I am recently getting this burnt rubber smell from my extreme vaporizer. A little background: i have been heating to 245 degrees, using a the same balloon for a year (light to moderate user) and havent cleaned the mini-whip attachment so the rubber is kinda brown. do i just need to clean and get a new balloon or is there an internal problem with the unit?
thanks!

junkygood,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I don't know but it sounds like you could use a cleaning anyhow, and the you will love the vapor honey!

Clean it and tell us if that fixed it after you're super fucked up on honey.

stickstones,

junkygood

Update on the burnt rubber smell. I let the unit run for a half-hour without the bowl or adapter and there was no smell. Unfortunately, being a clumsy lumux i dropped the glassware on the ground breaking all of it. so, i have an excuse to get the "tuff" bowl now, but i dont have any "test data". regardless i think i diagnosed the issue: the balloon was so old that the honey was sticking to the side and burning the bag. I could smell traces of burnt rubber/plastic on the balloon.

junkygood,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Ewwwww. 1 year? Every try whip elbows? Suck very very lightly, and just taste the difference. My :2c:

IAmKrazy2,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I don't use the bag precisely because I didn't like the taste the bag took on after only a dozen or so fills.

junkygood, the tuff bowl might not be what you expect. I thought it was a bowl with some kind of coating or something to protect it from breaking, but no. It's the same bowl just with this thick sleeve over it. You'll see what I mean if you get one. It looks fugly but it absolutely will be protected from breaking if you drop it.

pakalolo,

LiquidDreams

VapeHead
Peace,

LiquidDreams

mod note: please keep dealer/distributor offers in the resellers thread. I won't link to it because I saw you put it there as well. We want to keep the spam out of the other threads.

LiquidDreams,

gotlucy

are any of the extreme components a concern for creating toxins? what is the heating element made of?

how does extreme compare to herbalaire-- does HA perform better in any way, are the two models fairly on par?

what is the warranty for extreme and where is the best customer service?

i am also concerned about the digital components bonking out. thoughts?

does one delivery method of extreme more efficient as far as herb used?
we need a good vape for 2 ppl and would like a combo delivery. been thinking about it a long time and leaning towards extreme...

*thanks everyone* if i've been repetitive, i apologize. i have been searching!!

gotlucy,

gotlucy

stickstones said:
I don't know but it sounds like you could use a cleaning anyhow, and the you will love the vapor honey!

how often do you clean? (with what kind of use?) is cleaning a nightmare, with all the different parts?

gotlucy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Lucy, I know how you feel. I was absolutely clueless when I bought my first vape (the Extreme). It's a really good unit that is great for beginners in the sense that you will have everything you need to get the full spectrum of vapor experience. The downside is there is a slight learning curve. But even this can be shortened. Have you read the sticky on how to use the Extreme? That may answer some questions. Regardless, I recommend the Extreme in your situation.

Me in bold:

gotlucy said:
are any of the extreme components a concern for creating toxins? No

what is the heating element made of? ceramic with a glass cover

how does extreme compare to herbalaire-- does HA perform better in any way, are the two models fairly on par? General concensus from those that have used both is the Extreme delivers a little better quality vapor and the bag is bigger. The HA is more durable and a little more efficient...it also does not require you grind your herb like most vapes. Both are reported to be good companies to deal with. My dealings with Arizer have been second to none.

what is the warranty for extreme and where is the best customer service? I think the warranty is one year? Someone correct me here if necessary. Arizer has a history of taking care of their vapes no matter hwere they were bought, so if you had a problem you would probably go direct to them.

i am also concerned about the digital components bonking out. thoughts? A legitimate concern. It happened to me on my E before they replaced it. Again...I would not be worried about anything going wrong with the E as Arizer seems to always fix it.

does one delivery method of extreme more efficient as far as herb used?I don't know...good question...anyone else have an opinion on this? I know that I started with the bag because it is easy. Once I got the hang of the whip I never went back to the bag except for parties.

we need a good vape for 2 ppl and would like a combo delivery. been thinking about it a long time and leaning towards extreme...I think this sounds like the vape for you.

*thanks everyone* if i've been repetitive, i apologize. i have been searching!!

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
gotlucy said:
stickstones said:

how often do you clean? (with what kind of use?) is cleaning a nightmare, with all the different parts?
When it starts to smeel, get yellow or sticky, or when I just want some honey. There are a few vapor honey/oil extraction/cleaning threads around here that explain it fully. How often depends on how much use it gets.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom