• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Ok, the last thread hit 10 pages, time for a new one!

For those who don't know, the Extreme Vaporizer is a fairly new unit made by Canadian company Arizer, who you might remember as maker of the original V-Tower. It's quickly gaining popularity due to its wealth of features, build quality and price. Customer service has also been top notch as reported by forum members here.

>>> How to use the Extreme Vaporizer <<<

Demonstration Videos: Part I, Part II

Clear_Dome's Review

Balloon assembly instructions by Rockwise

How to load the screen

120xt20with20accessoriefg4.jpg

Bunch of useful posts in one post. Thanks, Mark!

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Some tips:

Want a valve for the balloon? Try some glad press n seal. Thanks, glizitch.

The temperature reported on the display is the temperature of the heating element, not the air passing over your herb. The difference is said to be roughly 100C.

The element heats up quickly but allowing some time for the glass to warm up results in optimal hits. You can crank it up to max (350C) for a few minutes and then dial it down to where you want it.

What is the right temperature? That's up to you! Vaporizing is a personal experience, experimenting to find your technique is half the fun. With the whip, users have reported good results anywhere from 290-350, again it depends on your technique. The Extreme was designed to prevent users from burning their herb, although a unit left on max all day with super-dry finely-ground herb may result in combustion.

Anyone have an idea for balloon temps? Is the highest fan speed best for balloons? Please help me add to this post, I don't have an Extreme and am just trying to gather good bits from the old thread. :)

---UPDATE----
Rockwise said:
Hello Everyone,

I noticed that there has been some discrepancies in the temperatures some forum members here are getting vapor from the Extreme. All new production runs of the Extreme are designed to acheive vapor at 190-200 degrees Celcius. At Arizer and Rockwise we were both bombarded with so many emails and phone calls regarding the "indisputibale fact that thc vaporizes at 200 c" that the executive decision was made to adjust the heat sensor so that users can actually acheive vapor at this temperature. FOR ANYONE WHO ORDERS A NEW EXTREME, please start with a temperature of approximately 190 - 200 degrees celcius, and go from there.

Triplebaked

How did you know that it was at your post office before you got the slip was it updated on usps site the night before?
No, it wasnt updated on the site until AFTER it was shipped, once the tracking said "left canada" the tracking didnt update again until after i got the unit. I just guessed when it was coming cause i was getting anxious, I went into the post office on a saturday morning, and asked if I would get xpresspost from canada there, they then went and looked and called my mail carrier. They said they couldnt find it. Later that day the mail carrier delivered it to my door, and apologized, she was looking in "USPS Express" and not in Priority. Anyway, I was stoked to finally get it and VERY pleased, I can officially say I no longer "smoke" weed :) My wife loves it too, cause it doesnt stink up the house.

vapor tactician wrote:
Anyone have an idea for balloon temps? Is the highest fan speed best for balloons? Please help me add to this post, I don't have an Extreme and am just trying to gather good bits from the old thread.
I use speed 3, that is the speed it suggests in the manual, I have yet to try another fan speed but don't really have a reason to...

All these variables, but one thing is for sure, every time I have used the Extreme I have walked away completely ripped, using much less herb then if I was smoking, and tasting much better, so something is definately working :)

Triplebaked,

marcuss

above the clouds
Yes it does the job!
About ballon fan speed i usually go with 2 (medium) speed that seems better to fill a cloudy ballon...yes a littte more time but you know maybe 15 seconds more...if i'm in hurry to go high i put it high!!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
marcuss said:
Yes it does the job!
About ballon fan speed i usually go with 2 (medium) speed that seems better to fill a cloudy ballon...yes a littte more time but you know maybe 15 seconds more...if i'm in hurry to go high i put it high!!
I haven't messed with fan speed yet...I'll try a 2 tonight.

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
!!! for this one i'll not agree with you marcus ...maybe it depend of the herb (and the amount you put in)but at fan3 with my herb at 315c for me it make better balloon LOL .....here you can see the importance of a no-pre-set or ajustable vaporizer !!! I dont know if my term is good but ! ..i'm sure you all understand ;)

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Clear_Dome said:
!!! for this one i'll not agree with you marcus ...maybe it depend of the herb (and the amount you put in)but at fan3 with my herb at 315c for me it make better balloon LOL .....here you can see the importance of a no-pre-set or ajustable vaporizer !!! I dont know if my term is good but ! ..i'm sure you all understand ;)
These are the settings I used last night and I got Rocked!

stickstones,

lil weezy

i used my extreme for the first time last night, and at first it was great! i felt more high than i usually do with a bong, however, the high didnt seem to last as long (there wasnt MUCH difference, i just felt that a bong high lasts a little longer)... so i guess there was a give-and-take with the vaporizer.

unfortunately, i think my heater has an 'over-heating' problem because during my first session, i used up my bud at 325C and it worked well, but towards the end of my session (still only at 325C), my used up bud was CHARRED... which was a bad sign because that means that there was incomplete-combustion taking place and harmful chemicals being released. I thought this might have happened because i was using very dry herb, but even so, no one else seems to be able to come close to burning their herb at 350C.

my story gets even worse with my second 20-min session... i used a completely different stash of bud, this time it was less dry, and again i started vaping at 325C, which started off fine like before, but when i raised the temp to 330, my herb ignited, and it contaminated my bowl piece, the glass elbow, and everything related to the balloon. =(

lil weezy,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
lil weezy said:
i used my extreme for the first time last night, and at first it was great! i felt more high than i usually do with a bong, however, the high didnt seem to last as long (there wasnt MUCH difference, i just felt that a bong high lasts a little longer)... so i guess there was a give-and-take with the vaporizer.

unfortunately, i think my heater has an 'over-heating' problem because during my first session, i used up my bud at 325C and it worked well, but towards the end of my session (still only at 325C), my used up bud was CHARRED... which was a bad sign because that means that there was incomplete-combustion taking place and harmful chemicals being released. I thought this might have happened because i was using very dry herb, but even so, no one else seems to be able to come close to burning their herb at 350C.

my story gets even worse with my second 20-min session... i used a completely different stash of bud, this time it was less dry, and again i started vaping at 325C, which started off fine like before, but when i raised the temp to 330, my herb ignited, and it contaminated my bowl piece, the glass elbow, and everything related to the balloon. =(
Holy shit, weezy! That's scary stuff. You must have a bad uint, as I have never come close to this on two different Extreme units. Definitely shoot Arizer an e-mail and let us know what happens.

I've never noticed the high lasting longer or shorter. I have noticed it taking longer to kick in sometimes, but that's normal as my body is not reacting to the carcinogens and producing an instant rush.

Maybe in the meantime you can drop the temp on your Extreme to the 250C range, although I would definitely watch it closely as, if it is defective then it might be a fire hazard no matter what temp you set it on. Wait a minute...your unit is probably trashed and unusable at this point, isn't it?

stickstones,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
stickstones said:
lil weezy said:

Holy shit, weezy! That's scary stuff. You must have a bad uint, as I have never come close to this on two different Extreme units. Definitely shoot Arizer an e-mail and let us know what happens.

I've never noticed the high lasting longer or shorter. I have noticed it taking longer to kick in sometimes, but that's normal as my body is not reacting to the carcinogens and producing an instant rush.

Maybe in the meantime you can drop the temp on your Extreme to the 250C range, although I would definitely watch it closely as, if it is defective then it might be a fire hazard no matter what temp you set it on. Wait a minute...your unit is probably trashed and unusable at this point, isn't it?
nop I dont think but the bowl,neck,tube,mouth piece will need to be clean ...really strange man there is definitly a problem with your unit or your herb is more than bone dry !!!if I set my unit a 350c my herb will become yellowish to clear brown so exepte if you let some mega dry herb over more than 4-5 houre at 350C (it is supose to be possible like rockwise said ) so ! let it know to stevee at arizer.com !!;)

Clear_Dome,

Bemuse

Hello everyone

I promised to report back once I had the extreme in my hands so here I am.

I have only had one 20 minute session with it so far but I have to say, compared to the old vapordoc I was using, this thing is like night and day. Can't wait till this weekend so I can spend some REAL quality time with it! The only problem I have now....there was no remote in the box. I contacted greatvape and am now waiting for a response from them. :|

Bemuse,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Glad you like it, Bemuse.

Sucks about the remote. You probably allready know this, but all the functions can be controlled by pushing the 'M' button.

Let us know what greatvape says. We know what Arizer would do, so I'm interested to know what a reseller would do.

stickstones,

Bemuse

stickstones said:
Glad you like it, Bemuse.

Sucks about the remote. You probably allready know this, but all the functions can be controlled by pushing the 'M' button.
Yeah, I figured that out pretty quick. :p Not gonna let some stupid remote keep me from testing this puppy out!:lol: But I can see how the remote would be very nice to have.

Let us know what greatvape says. We know what Arizer would do, so I'm interested to know what a reseller would do.
I'll keep you updated. It figures I would be the guy that got the box without a remote....

Bemuse,

Triplebaked

Okay...following prior advice on this thread, I tried the technique of letting the weed warm a couple minutes at 350, then reduce the heat to 290 before filling up balloon....wow what a difference :) 290 makes some very tasty balloons now.

Triplebaked,

Bemuse

Well, I received a response back from Stephen at greatvape. Here is what he had to say about the missing remote.

Stephen said:
Hi Robert,
Please check the cardboard boxes. it looks like it is just a small, thin, empty box. The remote is in that box. We have to check every box to make sure all parts are there. We haven't had any missing parts yet. I'll wait to hear from you.
So I responded with this....

Bemuse said:
I have checked through them about 5 times. I know it's small that's why I thought I may have overlooked it. I do see a small cardboard box that looks about the size of the remote, but there was nothing in there.
Waiting to see what happens next....

Bemuse,

marcuss

above the clouds
i think that as for temps also fan's speed could depend on so much variables that anyone could choose his personal preference.
On 2 speed i can actually see vapor going through the tubing and ballon...on speed 3 i don't see this even if the ballon get full of vapor!
Temps and airflow affects the vapor alchemy so anyone can choose his better formula!
You can see that each user seems to find his spot on different temp?
this is the same on fan's speed....there isn't one rule good for everyone!

lil weezy put down your temp and call Arizer!!!
After refix my unit with the heater position a little bit higher i can see your same problem...my solution is taking my temp to 240C. and i'm happy with this setting...Anyway as your extreme is brand new ask to steve the solution!

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
marcuss said:
i think that as for temps also fan's speed could depend on so much variables that anyone could choose his personal preference.
On 2 speed i can actually see vapor going through the tubing and ballon...on speed 3 i don't see this even if the ballon get full of vapor!
Temps and airflow affects the vapor alchemy so anyone can choose his better formula!
You can see that each user seems to find his spot on different temp?
this is the same on fan's speed....there isn't one rule good for everyone!

lil weezy put down your temp and call Arizer!!!
After refix my unit with the heater position a little bit higher i can see your same problem...my solution is taking my temp to 240C. and i'm happy with this setting...Anyway as your extreme is brand new ask to steve the solution!
not sure if I have righlty understand what you said ?in fixing your heater yu put it higher so when you put your temp to 240C you have decent vapor ???
how is the inside of the Extreme , did you take some pix ??how easy was the operation ???

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
yes you understand right!
I made some adjustment putting the heater a little more close to the bowl and the result is that at my previous fav temp(335) the plant start to ignite!!
So i set it down to 240 and seems it does a good job!

I need some more time to do more test but i see a improved extraction!

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
marcuss said:
yes you understand right!
I made some adjustment putting the heater a little more close to the bowl and the result is that at my previous fav temp(335) the plant start to ignite!!
So i set it down to 240 and seems it does a good job!

I need some more time to do more test but i see a improved extraction!
nice !!! and how hard was it to repair the heater

Clear_Dome,

marcuss

above the clouds
Quite easy!the inner glass tube it's a bit hard to take out but after that it's just a matter of screws...here you can see the boy naked!

marcuss,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Nice work, marcuss! What are we looking at in that picture? What is the white cylinder?

I wonder if weezy's issue is due to a closer heater position as you described... Do you think it would be possible/likely for the heater to move during transport or manufacturing?

Bemuse, let us know what the result is... hopefully they can get a remote to you asap, though it's good to know you can operate everything without it if need be.

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
That is the extreme's inside without the glass heater cover and the steel cover....the white cylinder is the ceramic heater itself!
I think it is quite impossible to move the heater, you need to open the unit to do that....i think could be a manufacturing mistake or something wrong in the temp controller chip....lil weezy just ask steve what you can do....the only thing you can do now is lower temps...i do remember there is some forum fellow looking for higher temps for the extreme...maybe he is interested to buy your hot unit!;)

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just try something pretty nuts LOL I try to take a big bong hit with the fan at 3 ang got BIG PUFF LOL was nice kind of bong shot !!!!

Clear_Dome,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom