Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
LOL, well those pictures may look scientific and all but what are they really showing since they are not the same exact part of the sample. Please correct me if I am wrong but in order to determine what you are trying to show, wouldn't you need a high pressure liquid chromatography, or HPLC setup or at minimum a gas chromatography analyzer to really determine before and after THC levels in your bud.
I think doom79 just wanted to know that if his E was actually only vaping at 165, should his AVB be dark brown. I still believe that at 160 the buzz you are feeling is from oils that blew off at that low of a temp. For me personally I enjoy a more body stone effect which is only available from higher vape temps.

DeepFried,

doom79

^^
You got it.

Of course right when I start questioning whether my unit is overheating, I'm facing a bigger issue. Just now, I pulled off the cyclone bowl and the glass cover on the ceramic heating element cracked and stuck to the bowl. WTF, its not like I pulled hard on the thing either. This will be covered by warranty, correct? It would be absurd to make me pay $30+ or whatever it would cost for a new glass cover when it cracked on me for no reason.

doom79,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
DeepFried

Yes, to do a proper quantitative analysis, you would need a chromatography/mass spectrometer combination (Ive ran a GC/MS for air analysis at work for years). In the absence of that, I took those pictures to simply illustrate that the trichomes are cleanly removed, even at 160-170C. Since I believe that most of the delta-9 THC is contained in the trics, isn't it reasonable to assume that we can desorb it at these lower temps?

BTW, I took pics of random samples from different parts of the bowl (before and after vaping at each temp) to get a fair assessment.

nicelytoasted,

vape4health

Sorry doom79 , I had the same thing on Sat . Warranty , no you pay , I know . And it was $25 for me , they said 4-8 days .

vape4health,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Sounds like it broke pretty easy. My suggestion to minimize the chances of that happening would be to wait for a cool down period, and if the bowl is snug, simply lightly wiggle the bowl back and forth, should come off nice and easy.

IAmKrazy2,

doom79

Yeah thats basically what Arizer told me. I'm not buying that this my fault since I didn't even know the glass cracked until I lifted it off of the heating element, that's how lightly I pulled at it. At least Arizer makes an effort to get you this part at a low cost rather than charging you out the ass like you might expect. They quoted me $25 shipped, and I needed to buy a new elbow joint anyways so they are adding that too.

doom79,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
hmmm, seems like Arizer needs to find a better solution/design of the glass heater cover. This thread is littered with the same broken part over and over. I have never broken mine but that is only because if it gets stuck I wait until the buzz is diminished to try and remove it with extreme caution. LOL I think Arizer makes more $ selling heater covers than they do from the vape itself. One tip is to put a little avb residue on the inside of the lower half of the cyclone bowl, that will allow it to release easier from the heater cover.

DeepFried,

unzari

nicelytoasted said:
I took those pictures to simply illustrate that the trichomes are cleanly removed, even at 160-170C. Since I believe that most of the delta-9 THC is contained in the trics, isn't it reasonable to assume that we can desorb it at these lower temps?
Not sure if the E's temperature gauging componentry is all that precise, so I take the temperatures on the readout not as the actual temperature of my weed (which it isn't, of course) but as a gauge of what the extreme is doing/will do to my bud at that setting, as if "170" doesnt mean "170 degrees celsius" but something a little less precise, but that I still use to help control my smoke.

And I definitely get stoned off of 170 hits, so assuming THC goes at 190 or so, with a reading of 170 the bud in my elbow pack is definitely getting heated to 190, which is fine with me.

I love both the big, body-slamming rips of a vape at high temps and the incredible effects of vaping weed at low temperatures.

what I've been doing lately is heating the E to a rather high temperature, around 235, putting in the pack, then cranking the heat down to 170. My first hit just knocks my socks off and I usually get half a dozen or so nice hits, at 170, some very thick indeed, over a period of 30 mins or so.

This way, I sort of have the best of both worlds, but good things definitely happen at temps below 180-190 on the readout!

unzari,

choding

14mm Water Pipe Adapter (Extreme Vaporizer Part)
14mm-roor-adapter-small.png

$14.95 (without discount)
$0 Free shipping
+

Mini Borosilicate Glass Bong
small_bubble_bong.jpg

Joint Size:
14.5mm
$12.54

International Shipping
North America
Weight Cost
100g $3.16

= 14.95 + 12.54 + 3.16

= $30.65

Would the 14mm adapter 'properly' fit into the 14.5mm joint size?

This would probably be a cheaper way to cool / moisturize vapor than the SSV ice chamber?

Ice Chamber Downstem
img.php
$19.99

choding,

Kevbearpig

choding said:
14mm Water Pipe Adapter (Extreme Vaporizer Part)
http://www.vapeworld.com/media/cata...594a9c230972d/1/4/14mm-roor-adapter-small.png
$14.95 (without discount)
$0 Free shipping
+

Mini Borosilicate Glass Bong
http://www.everyonedoesit.com/img/products/small_bubble_bong.jpg
Joint Size:
14.5mm
$12.54

International Shipping
North America
Weight Cost
100g $3.16

= 14.95 + 12.54 + 3.16

= $30.65

Would the 14mm adapter 'properly' fit into the 14.5mm joint size?

This would probably be a cheaper way to cool / moisturize vapor compared with the SSV ice chamber?

Ice Chamber Downstem
http://www.silversurfervap.com/assets/cache/3c477c96.pageCache.jpg $19.99
I don't see why it wouldn't. 0.5 mm shouldn't be noticeable when the connection areas are tapered. I have just received my extreme a few days ago and threw on an adapter for a 14mm GonG (from a local HS) and has helped a lot especially at higher temps. I've been experiencing lung irritation and can't vape on the whip without it. Pack some elbow bowls and see some milky vapor :ko:. As many people have mentioned before, i went with a small bong for this purpose like you are.

Kevbearpig,

doom79

I have a PHX Trinity and ripping a thick bag through ice is probably THE best way to get high. I love the 18mm elbow joint.

My Extreme definitely has a messed up temp sensor. I just filled a bag at 160c and the bud in the middle of the bowl is dark brown already. Could it have something to do with preheating it? I always preheat the bowl to ~210c before I pack it and then I wait for the temp to drop for like 10 minutes.

doom79,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah, if you preheat it like that the bud gets super dry and it's very possible your temp control isn't messed up at all. 160 is very low but the glass could still be a little hotter after 10 minutes and your bud would not have a hard time browning.

bluntfaced,

choding

Golden Dragon, a use for your abv/avb
Beezleb said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4HLLgVN_xk

This method has surpassed my expectations on what I could get out of my abv but I am sure its not for everyone. If you try this method, please write a review so others may gain from our collective experiences.
Since the some of the vapor tends to condense on to the whip / elbow due to surface area, would it be OK to soak them in Everclear and make a Golden Dragon out of it? (maybe after cleaning the exterior)

I remember a FC member talking about preserving the condensed materials,

I would love to know the proper method to do so. <-- the question of interest

For instance; scrape em' off and collect in container? (How?)

I bet it is really potent... (good as kief / hash?)

[Marrow Spoon]
006082a.jpg

choding,

Mark

John Brown
You can soak the Glass parts, bot avoid putting the hose into ISO or Everclear, you'll be tasting it for months.

Try to use a metal fishing line or something and feed it through the tube, then tie one end to a screw or something the diameter of the hole and pull it back through.

Mark,

thenidz100

I'm not sure if this was covered before. I searched around but found nothing. I found my Extreme works the best when put the wand through really cold water. This is how it looks. I apologize in advance for the shitty drawing.

m8iagj.jpg

The wand connects to the elbow, and then I jam the tubing into a thermos. Google Thermocafe. The thermos is filled to the top with cold water; it's also a little frozen. The tubing never goes in the water, it just is in there to cool the vapor as it travels. Then I turn it up to around 225-240C. The vapor is really strong at that temperature but it is still reasonably smooth and overall better. Normally I will use a bag, but lately it's been too much and I've just been using the whip at a much lower temperature. If you're using a turkey bag you can get one huge concentrated bag. Try it out for yourself.

Good luck.

thenidz100,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Good loookin on the thermocafe idea, I think there's one dowstairs. I've been using a pill container with two holes on each end and a couple ice cubes in it but when the ice melts im high and it goes everywhere.

Wait I don't get it, you put the whip in the one whole and where do you get the vapor out???

bluntfaced,

choding

thenidz100 said:
Google Thermocafe. The thermos is filled to the top with cold water; it's also a little frozen. The tubing never goes in the water, it just is in there to cool the vapor as it travels.
Thermocafe
13-Thermos-0.5L.jpg

edit: reccommended shape by thenidz100

Did u mean to say the water never goes in the tube?

I guess that would be a nice way to cool vapor without purchasing an adapter and a bong.

Mark said:
Try to use a metal fishing line or something and feed it through the tube, then tie one end to a screw or something the diameter of the hole and pull it back through.
Ty for the advice!

What kind tool should I use for the elbow, if I choose not to soak it?

Would soaking the used screens be safe?

choding,

thenidz100

@choding. You're correct. I meant to say the water doesn't get inside the tubing but the tube is placed into the water.

You can probably use any container to submerge the hose into, but the bullet shaped therocafe works best. While holding the hose in front of you, hold your hands out and make a U. Grab the bottom with one of your hands and compress it together so you can fit it into the hole. More sure it's even, then proceed to jam it into the container until it hits the bottom. The goal is to get as much in there as possible without creasing the hose; while keeping enough slack to fit the one end into the elbow and the other end into a mouth piece or bag. The container keeps the water super cool for a while. It works a lot better than using a bong with ice. Plus you don't lose any of the potency from filtering the vapor through water. I am not sure if water does anything to the potency but it's hard to get it this smooth and cool with a bong. This method also costs less. You can also add ice as needed. The thermalcafe also compliments the Extreme. It looks like they go together.

Peace.

thenidz100,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
that is a really good idea, I will definitely try that out as I already own that exact Thermocafe. Thanks for the tip.

DeepFried,

choding

max said:
As vapor travels through 2-3' feet of glass and tubing, with cooler surfaces, you're going to get condensation.
thenidz100 said:
It works a lot better than using a bong with ice. Plus you don't lose any of the potency from filtering the vapor through water. I am not sure if water does anything to the potency
Yes! Actually this is a more efficient / cheaper / easier way to cool vapor.

Adding an adapter + bong will give more surface area to condense vapor.

There are threads about hot / dry air irritating the lungs.

Since the air came from the bottom of the Extreme Vaporizer

the actual air humidity would be the same.

The overall ratio would be just little lower since vapor is added.

So getting a bong for moist vapor might be unnecessary.

If the perceived dryness is due to the heat of the vapor,

the thermocafe should be enough do the trick.

+ bong doesnt need to be scraped to collect condensed vapor.
(for ppl into conserving materials)

thank you thenidz100

choding,

doom79

I have a question guys. I'm concerned that my temp sensor might be way off on my Extreme.

What's the best way to approach Arizer about this? I don't want to contact them and tell them that my bud is turning brown at 145C. Would they charge me to fix the temp sensor if anyone knows from past experience?

doom79,

Mark

John Brown
Both the elbows and he screen should be safe to soak, I recommend doing it in 99% ISO rubbing alcohol and evaporating it like oil for smoking later. I scrape my pieces with a dentist tool, but a safety pin works too.

Just take the tubing off the elbow, makes both easier to clean.

doom79 said:
I have a question guys. I'm concerned that my temp sensor might be way off on my Extreme.

What's the best way to approach Arizer about this? I don't want to contact them and tell them that my bud is turning brown at 145C. Would they charge me to fix the temp sensor if anyone knows from past experience?
What is your max heat? Like if you set the thing to full? Also, feel free to tell them that you believe the thermostat is misplaced because you are getting greater affects from the machine at lower displayed temperatures, you don't NEED to mention what you were using or even what it looks like before and after.

Mark,

doom79

I have a v3 Extreme, I think the max is 260c but I have verified that I have a v3 before. OK I will probably contact them about it because I can fill a bag with visible vapor at 135c.

doom79,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
doom...shoot them an email. They are cool to work with and don't sweat how you talk to them. Tell them it is herb, they know what it is and use it all the time.

stickstones,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom