Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
mmmm that's a safety issue, I would really think about having it fixed under warranty.

DeepFried,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
depending on how long my unit has been on, it can take anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes to cool down to "stone cold". obviously if you unplug the unit it should cool down faster because it has no power supply. if you ever turn the unit off and turn it back on like say 2 minutes later, you will notice the temp should be somewhere in the 100's (celsius) to show that its cooling down. i would love it if my unit was stone cold right after i push the power button.

illadelph,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've tried the elbow pack and it's nice, but after I did it a couple of times I stopped bothering. Why? Because when I draw on the whip, the loose herb gets sucked up into the elbow and I wind up with effectively an elbow pack anyway. In fact, I usually have to de-pack the elbow a couple of times.

This plus my natural laziness led to an interesting discovery. Instead of cleaning out the elbow I tried using a couple of sharp puffs to blast the herb back down. Not only does this work, it has the same effect as stirring! So when the vapour starts to drop off, I just do two or three strong exhale-inhales (you can see the herb moving around) and voila, I'm getting nice clouds of vapour again. I can't imagine that I'm the first one to discover this, but I've not seen it mentioned here yet so I thought I'd share.

pakalolo,

Mckdenton

I too do the inhale exhales to mix shit up. I hope you are taking your bowl off the heater so you aren't blowing a bunch of shit on your heater. ya dig.

Mckdenton,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
tried that a long time ago and found that by not packing the elbow the usual way leads to material really gumming up the screen too fast. By packing the elbow, hitting it hard and then tapping the elbow while it is very hot on a table top to discharge the avb, you will never have to clean your elbow screen.

DeepFried,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Mckdenton said:
I too do the inhale exhales to mix shit up. I hope you are taking your bowl off the heater so you aren't blowing a bunch of shit on your heater. ya dig.
I blow a little with the bowl on to mix shit up.

Goodddd I can't wait to get my extreme out here I miss that thing so much.

Right now all I have to smoke with is a socket/water bottle/giant tub of water gravity bong.

bluntfaced,
Well new to this forum , hi everyone I have a Extreme in the mail should have it soon :) I quit smoking cigarettes in January and now use E-cigs for my nicotine delivery and was almost a non toker for most of this year as I found I would get anxiety from smoking , but vapor seems too be the key to finding that perfect high and feeling good of the herb like I used to feel . I have a great knowledge of E-cigs if anyone has any questions pertaining to them and I will ask you all for tips on my Extreme when it shows up in the next couple of days . I bought this as a means to stop my constant drinking of beer and use the herb as my intoxicant of choice .

BcBud420,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hey welcome BcBud.... There are a few of use e-cig folks here too!!! Keep up the good work and enjoy that E :D

Lo,
Well my Extreme should be here in a few minutes I hope as I have to leave for work and it is out for delivery and don't want to have to wait another day for it to be re-delivered . where are the E-cig threads on here ? couldn't find any , also what is the best portable vape I'm thinking about getting a Iolite or Vapor genie but the VG is not as stealth as you have to look like a crackhead lighting the damn thing lol .

BcBud420,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
bcbud...
I recommend the VG over the Iolite. The Iolite is four times as much money and has some reliability issues. Once you get the VG technique down, you will be hitting some thick clouds!

I'll look for those threads...

stickstones,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
stickstones said:
bcbud...
I recommend the VG over the Iolite. The Iolite is four times as much money and has some reliability issues. Once you get the VG technique down, you will be hitting some thick clouds!

I'll look for those threads...
i agree with this statement 100%. i bought a iolite and had it crap out on me after not even a week of use. after i bought the VG, it had me wondering why i didnt go with that in the first place. i think it was the fact that the iolite looked high tech and the VG just looked like, well, a pipe. it works so well that you can beat it for the price.

illadelph,
Well didn't get my Extreme today waited as long as I could for mr UPS man and they left me the note that they will try again today , oh well at least I will have it for the holidays :)

So nobody really reccomends the Iolite ?? I just thought it would be more stealthy but I guess the VG does look like a good product but u still have to hide it use in public or else you look like a junkie cooking rocks lol .

I guess I won't jump the gun and get the Iolite and look for a Canadian retailer of the VG .

Vape On , MERRY Christmas !

BcBud420,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
bcbud...if stealth is really important, look at the LaunchBox thread. I have a beta unit that reportedly doesn't work as well as the production units. Even still I like it a lot. I'm thinking of buying a production unit because it is the coolest, stealthiest unit ever. imo, if stealth is paramount, then the LB is the obvious choice.

stickstones,

bigchucka

To BCBud420:

Just remember to be cautious of what I found. Me + Extreme = fine. Me + Alcohol = fine. Me + Extreme + Alcohol = falling out of chairs, twisted ankles, head wounds, and broken heater covers. That's why I don't drink (heavily) and vape.

To all:

Yeah, my brownies from a couple months back worked great. Duncan Hines family style chewy fudge brownies. 1/4 c water. 3 eggs. 1/2 small bag Toll House chocolate chips (hey, we are making "Special" brownies, aren't we? :brow:) . 9x9 pan. 21g AVB (you know, the stuff left after union meetings!). 7g schwag, finely chopped or grindered (booster, maybe?). 1 1/2 small tubs of I Can't Believe It's (Pot) Butter. Melt butter. Add AVB and herb. Stir often for 45 min. Strain with cheesecloth. Cool butter in fridge. Make brownies. Creates about 12 servings of :ko: . Merry Christmas, vaporbody!

bigchucka,
Well I got my Extreme !! and used it last night , man this thing got me so ripped :brow: Bigchuka : I did consume some beers along with the vape and my god man I can see where injury may occur lol .
tried both whip and bag and loved them both along with some vapor shots from the whip .

Top notch product , Top notch high ! I haven't been baked like that since my early days of smoking it .
I had such body stone when I went to bed I felt like I was floating in a very good way .
LOVE MY EXTREME !!!!!!!! and for my portable I went ahead and got a LB coming my way .

Happy Vaping to All !! Merry Christmas !!!!!!!!!!

BcBud420,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
be sure to write a launch box review or let us know how it works. merry christmas to all and to all a good night. ;)

illadelph,

vapegrrl

Merry Christmas all! Wanted to thank you guys for sticking around here... I'm new, from Seattle. I got my Extreme last week and have been so happy with it. The company I ordered through online didn't send me the free grinder with it though, so I do need to pick one of those up. I did a lot of reading here, and that certainly helped me achieve some cloudy balloons! I was able to get the temp at the right spot due to some of your posts, so thanks again. I've been a daily herb smoker for years, so the first night I used it I hadn't found this forum yet and used too low of a temp and didn't achieve anything. Sure tasted yummy though! But then I did my reading here and success followed. :brow:

I did make one mistake though, I offered my man a toke off of my balloon, which send him into a coughing spasm (he has lung issues, and even a deep breath of regular AIR can make him cough) so I finished off the rest of the bag, glutton that I am, and OH. MY. GAWD. It was as if I had eaten a whole batch of brownies and was TOO high for an hour! I was shocked and happy that I won't have to burn through so much herb any more! By the way, it takes a lot to get me to where I feel TOO high... so I started vaping at a little bit lower of a temp and not sucking down an entire balloon on an empty stomach. I'm a fiend, but not that big of a fiend! :o

So, just a couple of questions for all of you experts out there-- how long do you leave your balloon before emptying it? Does the vapor get weaker in there, or somehow stick to the bag? I know, sounds silly.... just a paranoid vapehead trying not to waste anything. Ha! Also, using the whip-- does the vapor escape? Or does it just sort of sit there in the whip, waiting for an inhale? Also, what's the difference between warming up the unit alone and then putting the bowl on it to warm up even more-- can't you just put the bowl on it and warm it all up all at once? I hope these aren't tedious questions for you, and thank you in advance!

Merry Vapemas....:peace:

vapegrrl,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
welcome vapegrrl and merry vapemas indeed. i warm my extreme, which you will see referred to here as the "E" alot, with the bowl on it as well as the elbow/whip attachment. i let it all warm up at the same time. as far as using the whip, i notice that after i take a drag and then let the whip sit, it will definitely leak vapor out of whatever you are using as a mouthpiece. i hope that helps and happy holidays to all the extremists!
:cheers: :bigleaf:

illadelph,

vapegrrl

Thank you illadelph! Definitely helps.... sounds like while the whip is nice and much like toking off of a water pipe or any pipe really, the balloon is better for conserving and not wasting? I do like the stealth ways of the whip though. My parents were staying here the last few days and I was able to use the whip upstairs and no-one knew any different. :p

You guys rock! Thanks again!

vapegrrl,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
vapegrrl: There is no vapour until you inhale. After you stop inhaling you are not creating new vapour, but there is still some in the whip and it will leak out if you don't close it off somehow. The amount is minimal however, and since vapour is only created while you inhale you really won't lose much. I usually cap it off with my thumb, or sometimes I insert the glass stirring rod if I want to put the whip down. The thing is, if you don't inhale it the vapour will condense onto the tubing eventually anyway, so you're only saving it if you take another hit fairly soon. Again, the amount you lose this way is minor.

The vapour in a balloon will also condense eventually, so you can't expect it to last indefinitely. Somewhere in this thread there's a discussion about this. If I recall correctly, they concluded that the useful life of a balloonful isn't that long. Someone estimated that about 50% of the good stuff in the vapour has condensed out after 90 minutes. I don't use bags myself, i think they taste awful after you use them three or four times.

On other topics: I've discovered that the bottom part of the sleeve around a tuff bowl will turn brittle and start to break up after a while. I assume this is heat-related. It doesn't compromise the effectiveness of the protecting sleeve, but pieces can fall down inside the unit. That's how I noticed the problem: I picked up my E and heard something rattling inside. I dumped it out and for a minute I thought the glass heater cover had shattered. The piece that fell out looked like smoked glass. I was relieved to notice that a piece of the tuff bowl sleeve was missing. When I looked at the bottom of the tuff bowl more closely I could see that the sleeve had gone brittle and cracked for about 2 cm up from the bottom. I don't think it will spread much higher, but I will keep the forum informed.

pakalolo,

RPM007

I have been using the Extreme for about 4 months now and I love it. I am proud to say, "FUCK COMBUSTION." Fuck it up its stupid ass. Using a vaporizer is cleaner, healthier, tastier, more effective, more efficient, and just plain better than smoking. It is the evolution of enjoying herbs. I use the whip primarily, because hits from the bag taste very harsh to me. I am hitting the whip right now as I am typing. I use the Extreme frequently and am very pleased with the quality of the materials and craftsmanship. The Extreme is well engineered and manufactured. The all-glass vapor path makes for delicious, clean, and fresh tasting vapors. The glass components are durable and easy to clean and the unit itself looks cool. Thier customer service is great too.

I want to buy tubing in bulk (~30' or so) so I can replace the whip every couple months or so. I measured the Kuri Tec Klearon tubing to be 9/32" ID (inner diameter) and 3/8" OD (outer diameter). Can anyone confirm this for me? Has anyone bought replacement tubing for their vaporizer and knows specifically what / where to buy?

Thanks

RPM007,

the electrician

I've found an interesting way to get some pretty huge hits out of much less product. Set the temperature to about 190. Pack the dome screen and put it in the bottom of the cyclone bowl, this will be a loose fit but it doesn't matter. Then match the bowl the element as usual and hit away.

Maybe it's because i haven't used it in so long or maybe it works, eitherway its interesting.

the electrician,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom