Discontinued The Extreme Vaporizer Thread Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

the electrician

My dear old extreme has been in my possession for a couple weeks, and the thing just gets better with each passing day, beautiful aging. I'd like to say that its largely thanks to this forum that I'm having such a good time with it, no doubt preaching to the choir but educating yourself about your purchases will always pay dividends.

Anyway, right now I'm running a little test using the elbow's dome screen inverted in the hole in the middle of the cyclone bowl. That is, the usual circular screen has been removed from the bowl, and (a spare) dome screen inserted into the hole the round screen covers. Logic dictated the dome be placed upside down (so its contents face the heating element) with the removed screen acting as a precaution, being placed just below to stop anything getting on and potentially clogging up the element. naturally, I was a little stoned already thanks to this great machine.

If you've not tried it and you have nothing better to do, I'd like to hear if you think it helps in terms of conservation or hit size or whatever.

Ah, of course I should mention; had a nice few hits out of it at 190 then at 200 degrees (which is where I find myself right now). For the amount I remember putting it, I'd say I'm getting a good return thus far. Gonna turn up the heat I suppose and see what happens.

For reference I use a cut down whip, I'd guess at 7 or 8 inches though I have no ruler in the house strangely, connected to a small and cheap bong for contrast.

the electrician,

nicelytoasted

Vaked Chemist
I have both the Herbalaire (HA) and Extreme (E), and have used both for at least a year now, and here are some thoughts/opinions:

Both:

- Are excellent, well designed, overall vapes, from Canadian companies for around the same price.

- Companies provide outstanding customer service, in any of my dealings.

- Work in multi modes (HA = bags/whip/direct; E = bags/whip/fan assisted whip), with precise temperature control.

- Are excellent bag fillers and good in whip modes that give potent, good tasting vapour.

- Provide an auto shutoff option (HA = set to ~ 30 minutes, E = settable to 2 or 4 hours).

HA:

- Has been on the market longer and has proven to be very rugged and reliable. Not much to go wrong.

- Contains no glass, it uses highest grade PTFE Teflon and aluminum bowl (both safe at vapourizing temps). PFTE is poor conductor of heat and wont get nearly as hot as glass, and has a smoother surface that does not degas.

- Is more efficient in that it has a much smaller bowl (crucible), and performs a superior extraction of the herb, due to the unique flow design.

- Has a smaller diameter flow path, with smaller bags. The unique flow design (which helps with efficiency) does add a pressure drop that results in a slower bag fill time and limits the big volume hits somewhat in whip mode, though the effects are still true. *NOTE: I use silicone tubing over the mouthpiece to improve the flow, somewhat.*

- Requires no grinding of the herb and heats to temp faster. Minimal temp conditioning is needed, meaning you can be up in vaping in < 3 minutes from start up.

- Uses analogue temp control (via dial with numbers), with a feedback to the microprocessor. Precision and accuracy comparable to a digital with less to go wrong. Also less programmable options as well.

- Comes with a stock, external, low flow aquarium type pump, which can be easily replaced or upgraded for better flow. (You can order a larger capacity pump from the manufacturer as an option).

- Is best utilized for 1-2 people.

E:

- Has a glass path, which is desirable for some. Care must always be used when removing the bowl and taking the tubing off the glass elbows.

- Has more bells/whistles, is more aesthetically pleasing and can be tinkered with in more ways by the user for optimal usage. Can also be used as an aromatherapy device/essential oil diffuser/potpourri warmer.

- Has an adjustable 3 speed fan and can fill the larger bags faster, as well as providing bigger volume whip hits. Most seem to prefer the whip mode better than the HA. You can also use the elbow pack method to give thicker, more visual hits.

- Can be utilized best for 1-2, or more people.

- Uses digital temp control with more user programmable options (pre set temps, temp plus/minus, etc.,) on the display. Also comes with a remote that facilitates general usage.

- Best results obtained by grinding the herb and preheating the glass bowl for about 10 minutes. This results in a slightly slower time that you will be up and vaping.

- Can be easily connected to a bong by using two of the 18.8 elbows with some tubing. I prefer the whip in this mode for the cool, tasty vapour.

- Has had a few problems when first released (heater cover cracking when bowl sticks, or some electronic problems, However, as stated, the customer service and quick turn around times can make up for this.

SUMMARY:

Both are high quality vapes that do the job well. Jack of all trades, as has been mentioned on the forum. While neither seems to be as good in the whip mode as some top quality, whip mode only vapes, they both excel as bag fillers that compare to any bag filler-only vapes (and I have tried the volcano in side by side by side comparisons).

I like both a lot for the different reasons mentioned above. I dont believe that you can just simply say that one is better than the other. Everyone will have their own opinions, of course, and your decision should be made on what is best for your wants and needs.

Good luck & happy vaping!

nicelytoasted,

DerekT

I had an event where I was not able to use the boo for a few weeks. Now I had bought the Arizer Extreme and immediately tried it and smoking it was out the window. I was using less as well. Then the event occured and I flew back home for a few weeks, dealt with it and then came back, two weeks clean. I had an elbow pack. One long blast from the whip and I stopped, knowing it should be better.

WOW! Not only blasted for hours, but I only had like two blasts that night. I need far less now than before. I think I was smoking so often when I moved to the Extreme that I took more than I needed. It's been a month and a half and I still do not need anywhere as much as I was doing before the event.

Impressive.

DerekT,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i had some trouble understanding this. /\ :o

maybe im just :ko: . 2 finals down, one more to go.

illadelph,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
DerekT said:
I had an event where I was not able to use the boo for a few weeks. Now I had bought the Arizer Extreme and immediately tried it and smoking it was out the window. I was using less as well. Then the event occured and I flew back home for a few weeks, dealt with it and then came back, two weeks clean. I had an elbow pack. One long blast from the whip and I stopped, knowing it should be better.

WOW! Not only blasted for hours, but I only had like two blasts that night. I need far less now than before. I think I was smoking so often when I moved to the Extreme that I took more than I needed. It's been a month and a half and I still do not need anywhere as much as I was doing before the event.

Impressive.
That is one common thing I see... Smokers converting too vape, trying too consume the same amounts they did when smoking, not realizing a little goes a long way.
First time I vaped I felt like I got stoned for the first time, again. That one vaporized bowl had gotten me higher than I had felt in a long time, and it was only a fraction of what would have taken me too get that high if I had smoke it... I was converted then and there.

DevoTheStrange,

DerekT

DevoTheStrange said:
That is one common thing I see... Smokers converting too vape, trying too consume the same amounts they did when smoking, not realizing a little goes a long way.
To the consternation of my supplier! :D I purchase far less now.

DerekT,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
DevoTheStrange said:
That is one common thing I see... Smokers converting too vape, trying too consume the same amounts they did when smoking, not realizing a little goes a long way. First time I vaped I felt like I got stoned for the first time, again. That one vaporized bowl had gotten me higher than I had felt in a long time, and it was only a fraction of what would have taken me too get that high if I had smoke it... I was converted then and there.
After a year and a half of nightly vaping I am finding that I can get the same effect in reverse. I am vaping much more than I used to and when I occassionally smoke it gets me higher for longer. Tolerance is a finicky thing!

stickstones,

PUERTO_RICO_420

HI GUYS AM NEW TO THIS. I JUST GOT MY FIRST VAPE. I GOT A VTOWER EXTREME AND ITS AWESOME. I HAVE A QUESTION , MY VAPE MACHINE ONLY GOES UP TO 260 c IF AM CORRECT IT SHOULD GO HIGHER RIGHT . SECOND IS WHATS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN THIS I DONT WANT TO FUCK IT UP. THIRD AND FINAL THE REMOTE I GOT DOSENT LOOK LIKE THE ADVERTICE ONE WHY IS THIS... PLEASE SOMEBODY ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PUERTO_RICO_420,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
They did redesign the button layout of the remotes...I don't know when. I just know that the first one I got a year and a half ago didn't look the same as the one I got earlier this year. The new button layout is better, imo, as it has more of the most used functions on it.

stickstones,

PUERTO_RICO_420

Thank you max the page was helpful . Sorry about the shouting am a novice on blogging. I love my new toy it's the best 300 dollar i ever spend. i all ready notice my herb consumption is lower and feel better breathing wise. also cigarettes taste like shit know, hopefully this will allow me quit smoking them. any body knows if this has help them quit smoking cigarettes??????

PUERTO_RICO_420,

vape4health

PUERTO_RICO_420 said:
any body knows if this has help them quit smoking cigarettes??????
Please stop smoking while it taste bad , I almost did was down to like 5 cigs a day but I just kept on smoking and now I'm right back to smoking like I was befor . If you would like to stop smoking NOW is the best time , I really wish that I would have cause now I'm back to the point where I like the taste of a cig right after some vape , at first a cig would taste like shit after vape .

vape4health,

the electrician

A couple tricks I've picked up in the last couple days: to pack the elbow, use the vacuum method used to pack the ssv and similar whip vaporizers.

Secondly, when you pack a bowl I advise placing another screen on top of the weed to hold it in place. I've just enjoyed one without needing to stir once and it looks to be evenly browned. Another advantage of this is the savage pulls it will allow without requiring a massive stirring session afterwards, meaning far too much vapor in your lungs and coughing fits.

Lastly I've taken to using the mouthpieces used with the bags attached to the end of the whip to plug the down stem hole in an bong full of ice, the bag mouthpiece acting as a slide. Very smooth hits, and seemingly thicker than when using water filtration, has anyone else noticed?

the electrician,

PUERTO_RICO_420

well am working on it, am going to get some patches to see if they help too. can somebody tell me what's the best way to clean my vtower baby

PUERTO_RICO_420,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
I take mine and submerse it into my bathtub of hot soapy water, then turn on the jacuzzi jets for 10 minutes and it comes out cleaner than new (I've heard this may negatively affect your warranty though):p

edit: sorry, I was not thinking ahead on this joke Rico, just put your glass parts/screens into isopropyl alcohol or very high % content grain alcohol. There is a thread here somewhere that better describes the procedure.

DeepFried,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
deepfried...rico may have some language barriers, so let's through some laughing smilies on that post so he doesn't misinterpret you and fuck it up!

stickstones,

gotlucy

hee hee i have made up my mind... thanks everyone!! i know i have thought about it too hard!! i'm just like that, LOL
i can't wait. i can't really burn anymore, and i think the extreme is the right thing for me!!

gotlucy,

PUERTO_RICO_420

lol Good one deepfried , thank you for the advice. I understand perfect English the only thing is that my writing sux ass but am working on it. :ko:. so has anyone cook some edible whit your vaped leftover, does it work????, am going to try making green dragon whit some pineapple moonshine i got to experiment. any advice???????????:peace:

PUERTO_RICO_420,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
PUERTO_RICO_420 said:
lol Good one deepfried , thank you for the advice. I understand perfect English the only thing is that my writing sux ass but am working on it. :ko:. so has anyone cook some edible whit your vaped leftover, does it work????, am going to try making green dragon whit some pineapple moonshine i got to experiment. any advice???????????:peace:
Read Vtac (I think its his post) regarding cooking with your duff. (post vaped blend)

He has a wonderful thread on making brownies.

AGBeer,
My vape seems to stay ON even after I turn it OFF, so I unplug it to be safe. Is this normal? Do most people keep it plugged in when it's Turned Off? Still a great Vape :lol:

Vapor Trail,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
What do you mean by it stays ON? The extreme I use is off when turned off... stone cold dead...
Now it might take a tiny while for the heating element too cool down when you turn it off.

DevoTheStrange,
When I press the OFF button, the screen turns off, but the unit remains hot. When I unplug it, it cools off quickly.

Vapor Trail,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom