The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Just to clarify my earlier post a bit . . .

The Q closely meets the layman definition of a cash cow, and that's usually quite desirable for a company. The Q's main development cost was expensed long ago. There is an on-going fixed cost to support the product, but by now that too is mostly sunk cost. Arizer uses a variable-cost distribution model where most of its present costs are driven by and aligned with unit volume, this is largely a self-funding model. IMO Arizer has been shrewd in how it has kept the brand fresh: Make a very modest investment to upgrade the fan, tweak the remote, change the color, etc., and then let the channel in effect do its own "re-launch" of the brand ("Version 4.0", "2013 Version"). Consequently it's likely that the Q's unit margins are quite favorable even with deep channel discounts, and this strategy sustains demand for an on-going profit stream. As long as the market supports this - and the Q is really at an ideal functionality/price-point sweet spot - well, good for them.

Now, what Arizer does with its cash cow profits, I have no idea and no opinion. Being privately held, the owner(s) are entitled to spend it all basking on the Riviera if they so wish. However, it's at least likely that much of these profits funded development and launch of the Solo. How that has worked out for Arizer; again, I have no idea at all. And no opinion.

I intended no editorial. Just an observation that the Tower and the Q are fundamentally the same machine that they have been for years.

Last edited:

marcusog

I am in need of some assistance, oh intelligent vapemasters. I have a new vapir n02 which I love for taking in my car or having a quick session. I picked up an extreme Q a week later and read through about 80% of this thread. I have the fnf adapter, and sometimes do elbow packs. Even cyclone bowls, my herb never really seams as well toasted as it gets in the vapir. I know those run hot but I finish my bowls on the extreme Q at 426 versus 390. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

marcusog,

ragnorak71

Hi chaps, quick question if I may? where can i get the 18mm ff adaptor in the uk? been looking for ages and cannot find one anyway apart from import and I am loathe to go that route unless I really need to.

Many thanks for the help and the thread is ace for those of us new to the Q

ragnorak71,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
If I order the ssv wand does it do bags?
I wanna get a good glass tube rather then the plastic one it came with. Its full of honey resin.
Hi dblockk,

You would probably need to craft an interface between the wand and bag. Hoping others chime in on this, as I am solely a whip user (that didn't sound awkward, now did it? :brow: ) From what I've read from others, would advise you look at only the F/F adapter or cyclone bowl and original elbow for bag use.

Hi chaps, quick question if I may? where can i get the 18mm ff adaptor in the uk? been looking for ages and cannot find one anyway apart from import and I am loathe to go that route unless I really need to.

Many thanks for the help and the thread is ace for those of us new to the Q

Hi ragnorak71,

I checked Ebay Uk and was able to locate this adapter...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18mm-Fema...704?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a30f37ba8

However BEFORE you purchase, you should contact seller and inquire if this particular adapter has a ledge in the middle which would hold a screen. The adapter that fits in our units does have such a ledge.

Regards, dDave

oldiebutgoodie

I am in need of some assistance, oh intelligent vapemasters. I have a new vapir n02 which I love for taking in my car or having a quick session. I picked up an extreme Q a week later and read through about 80% of this thread. I have the fnf adapter, and sometimes do elbow packs. Even cyclone bowls, my herb never really seams as well toasted as it gets in the vapir. I know those run hot but I finish my bowls on the extreme Q at 426 versus 390. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

You should not need to go that hot. How big a load are you using? And might it be possible to post pics of your ABV from both vapes?

I wanna get a good glass tube rather then the plastic one it came with. Its full of honey resin.

Assuming this is the thread you meant to post in (vs the SSV thread), if you are using the Cyclone bowl then you need a GonG joint, like the Q glass elbow or similar 18mm adapters. I don't know what you mean by "the plastic one it came with"; all the Q parts are glass. More info would be helpful.

Hi chaps, quick question if I may? where can i get the 18mm ff adaptor in the uk? been looking for ages and cannot find one anyway apart from import and I am loathe to go that route unless I really need to . . .

If you can't locate one via google, have you inquired at your LHS? Might be a glass blower there who could make the piece for you, too.

. . .
However BEFORE you purchase, you should contact seller and inquire if this particular adapter has a ledge in the middle which would hold a screen. The adapter that fits in our units does have such a ledge . . .

And if it has a "handle" in the middle, be careful that the diameter does not exceed that of the Q's bezel opening or the adapter may not sit flush on the Q's male joint.

oldiebutgoodie,

dblockk

From the elbow there is a plastic tube that connects to my bags. But the problem is I can't clean that with ISo. I was asking if I got the ssv wand would I still be able to connect my bags to it?
Plus it would be all glass

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations DBlockK,

But the problem is I can't clean that with ISo.

Maybe you'd be better off just not to do so and consider giving this a try instead:

Arizer's curved Glass Wand is long enough to catch most of the goodies, especially when terminated as suggested above. My tubing was 5/16" (I.D.) 7/16" (O.D.) on this snapshot... Hence this will connect to various accessories including a bag.

:peace:

ragnorak71

thx for the replies but the one linked is a us seller, dont really want to go international. think i need a trip to lhs but slim pickings round here. thx chaps

ragnorak71,

dblockk

Salutations DBlockK,

Maybe you'd be better off just not to do so and consider giving this a try instead:

Arizer's curved Glass Wand is long enough to catch most of the goodies, especially when terminated as suggested above. My tubing was 5/16" (I.D.) 7/16" (O.D.) on this snapshot... Hence this will connect to various accessories including a bag.

Where would I find this? And is it all compelty glass?

No more plastic!

dblockk,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations DBlockK,

Where would I find this?

Simply ask an Arizer resseller for their replacement parts as it's how these products shine the most, at least in my eye: it ain't too hard to find.

And is it all compelty glass?

Yes, the Arizer curved Glass Wand is 100 % PURE glass ONLY!

:tup:

No more plastic!

Sorry about that but i'm afraid there's also a need for teflon tape, etc. (but it's in my referenced post already i believe)...

Though i'll jump on this precious opportunity to share an update:

1hquf8.jpg

Egzoset's Whole Set (Plan-A & Plan-B)

t8uveg.jpg

Egzoset's Alternative to Cold Fog Nebulizers

Even before one can begin to think of reclaims there has to be other priorities for those people like me. With that part settled i can now try to evaluate how well the Arizer curved Glass Wand performs but this takes time. Give me a few weeks, maybe more. In any case don't take my word for it, try it! My experience so far is to the effect that the Arizer Elbow Adapter didn't exactly suit me fine in that department.

phazedout

ok so i bought the arizer extreme q been using it for few weeks only mod i done was to the cyclone bowl to make the gauze airflow better by fileing away the glass inside the bowl,however i stupidly dropped the cyclone bowl by accident breaking it and now i cant even vape no more fs.

i use bags instead of the whip(bags just feel better IMO)

im in the uk and need to replace the cyclone bowl any recommendations or ebay links
seen this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18mm-Fema...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a30f37ba8#shId) would fit/ do the job instead of the cyclone bowl??

are there any other mods that would make it better for the arizer extreme q to vape to bags the stock elbow i have found just clogs up with orange goo and i want the best airflow for the vape to bag are there any other parts apart from the OEM that comes with the arizer its good but surely there must be better parts? any recommendations sorry for sounding like a noob but searching on ebay idk what to buy. iv no bowl to fit on the arizer anymore now but the bags are fine. thnx

phazedout,

oldiebutgoodie

From the elbow there is a plastic tube that connects to my bags. But the problem is I can't clean that with ISo. I was asking if I got the ssv wand would I still be able to connect my bags to it?
Plus it would be all glass

So you mean the "short whip" that connects the glass fitting (with the o-rings) to the bag with the glass elbow. Personally I shorten that whip to a couple inches - just enough to get both glass pieces in - and I get very little build-up. (It helps a lot to use silicone tubing.) If I were to want to reclaim, I would try the screw method described early in this thread: Get a pan or round-head screw with a diameter a tad larger than the 5/16" ID of the tubing (the tubing will stretch and provide a tight fit), attach string to screw end, pull thru tubing and you will scrape out the reclaim.

im in the uk and need to replace the cyclone bowl any recommendations or ebay links
seen this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18mm-Fema...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a30f37ba8#shId) would fit/ do the job instead of the cyclone bowl??

are there any other mods that would make it better for the arizer extreme q to vape to bags the stock elbow i have found just clogs up with orange goo and i want the best airflow for the vape to bag are there any other parts apart from the OEM that comes with the arizer its good but surely there must be better parts? any recommendations sorry for sounding like a noob but searching on ebay idk what to buy. iv no bowl to fit on the arizer anymore now but the bags are fine. thnx

To use that ebay FF adapter you would need to do dDave's mod and be sure that the piece has exactly the characteristics you need, i.e., the ledge, the bezel clearance, etc. Before doing that I would double check the pages here over the last month to be sure to understand it, and then you may need to query the seller.

Of course you can just get a new Cyclone bowl, too:

http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/es115421.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=30542181

The elbow clogs up with resin? How often are you cleaning the elbow? That much resin should be pretty easy to reclaim/clean.

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: DDave

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
From the elbow there is a plastic tube that connects to my bags. But the problem is I can't clean that with ISo.

Why not just skip the tubing altogether and put the bag and O rings around the Arizer Elbow. This could serve double duty, you could stick the bag+elbow straight into a 18mm water pipe. The water resistance would keep the vapor held in until you draw.

If your looking for all glass, that is the only possibility, using an 18mm male connected to the Bag. If there is not enough clearance between the bag and touching the cyclone bowl, I can reference a ioffer glass blower that could possibly make said adapter with a longer/wider tube connected to the male 18mm GonG. Problem is the possibility that the EQ elbow screen may not fit or the adapter might be longer, shortening the bowl size. All my adapter I've gotten from him the VXC ELB fits, which is about the same size as the EQ screen.

o_18mm-wpa-vapor-whip-adapter-90-made-in-oregon-usa-15-1139.jpg

phazedout

To use that ebay FF adapter you would need to do dDave's mod and be sure that the piece has exactly the characteristics you need, i.e., the ledge, the bezel clearance, etc. Before doing that I would double check the pages here over the last month to be sure to understand it, and then you may need to query the seller.

Of course you can just get a new Cyclone bowl, too:

http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/es115421.sf/en_GB/?ObjectID=30542181

The elbow clogs up with resin? How often are you cleaning the elbow? That much resin should be pretty easy to reclaim/clean.

for the extreme q is there anything better than the original cyclone bowl? (http://www.vapefiend.co.uk/epages/e.../Shops/es115421_es122485197719/Products/42064) seen this good or no?. another thing i remeber reading about is using super silver surfer vape parts on the arizer instead of the stock ones,presume that they make for a better vape experience. im reading through this thread trying to find ddaves mod though first lol. thanks for help so far mate!

phazedout,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Kevin,
Salutations everybody,

This photograph may seem obvious but actually it's not because in the case of a V-Tower it would still be possible to connect the base (bottom side) inlet aperture directly to the heat-exchanger, using an air-tight high-temperature sealed path which never allows contact with air floating around electronic components as illustrated here (that's an Extreme-Q with the fan):

I had completely forgotten about that one by the way... Google Images suggests this may be as old as from April 2008 so a lot of things could have changed during the interval.

:rolleyes:

Even if the Extreme-Q and V-Tower share a same squeleton i'm not convinced it was necessary for the air/cannabic path of a V-Tower to include open exposure to industrial synthetic (...) materials from electronic circuits. Looking at it i see 3 elevated mounting posts just high enough to make clearance for the fan, among other elements. In this particular case one could legitedly ask concerned questions about what happens when the Arizer Extreme-Q endures critical failure, since it appears to me that the snapshot illustrates how to blend what could have been 2 separate air ducts: 1 for heat exhaust from electronics, 1 for fresh air supply (practically direct to our lungs, via a bowl of herb of course)!... So, even if i see orange smoke early, smell strange fumes or something, a short length of whip PVC tubing ain't much safety margin really. Hence my post today: i need to know. I can't vape in a state of serenity thinking the machine is bound to fail someday, while there's no way of predicting how bad it will be. At least i can't judge from this single photo above.

:shrug:

It appears to me the machine is entirely trustable as an aromatic artifact but i begin to believe it may have been too much of a stretch to convert a perfume appliance into the cannabic vaporizer which it is now. I wish i could see some more nuance in this incomplete documentation: what you see may not be what you get considering that perhaps there were silicone sealers and those are missing in the photo set, etc.

So, here's the deal. If my V-Tower happens to be orphaned in terms of warranty then why not look inside?... Is that going to be OKay with you Kevin? I'm just checking to make sure nobody objects!

Or even better, why not look inside to see if the V-Tower owners can hope for an easy way to fix what can be fixed - provided this is required! I can only wonder how it would actually differ for the Extreme-Q guys, so if the paths could be explained in pictures by Arizer themselves this might prove convenient here!

More volunteers?

Last edited:
Egzoset,

oldiebutgoodie

I'm doubtful that Arizer follows this thread. But if you have a question for Kevin, he has been responsive to my emails in the past.

IIRC if you open the unit, that voids the warranty.

Are you quite sure the Tower was initially designed for aromatherapy and later converted to a vape???

As far as stability and safety, I can't speak to the Tower but as far as the Q goes, I don't see any basis for concern. The Q has been one of the most successful vapes ever marketed, there are many thousands in use all over the world. If there was any serious issue, it is extremely unlikely it would not have surfaced by now. Especially given how the FC membership dissects these machines. Compare that to the experience with the Solo, which was really roughed up a lot here in its early days.

:2c:

oldiebutgoodie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I'm doubtful that Arizer follows this thread. But if you have a question for Kevin, he has been responsive to my emails in the past.

IIRC if you open the unit, that voids the warranty.

Are you quite sure the Tower was initially designed for aromatherapy and later converted to a vape???

As far as stability and safety, I can't speak to the Tower but as far as the Q goes, I don't see any basis for concern. The Q has been one of the most successful vapes ever marketed, there are many thousands in use all over the world. If there was any serious issue, it is extremely unlikely it would not have surfaced by now. Especially given how the FC membership dissects these machines. Compare that to the experience with the Solo, which was really roughed up a lot here in its early days.

:2c:

At first I scoffed at the those who were upset by the "air over the electronics" thing, but then I realized that if the magic smoke ever escapes while it is in use, you'll get a lungful of stuff that you'll sincerely regret. Having said that, I also judged the risk so small as to be inconsequential to me so it never stopped me from using the Extreme. I don't believe there is any outgassing of consequence in normal use.

oldiebutgoodie

At first I scoffed at the those who were upset by the "air over the electronics" thing, but then I realized that if the magic smoke ever escapes while it is in use, you'll get a lungful of stuff that you'll sincerely regret. Having said that, I also judged the risk so small as to be inconsequential to me so it never stopped me from using the Extreme. I don't believe there is any outgassing of consequence in normal use.

If there had been any even perceived harm, in these litigious days it's hard to believe there would not have been a lawsuit by somebody. And that info would have spread quickly, to be sure. Furthermore, retailers are especially sensitive to risks and reputation, were there a problem the product would not continue to be marketed by the channels as broadly and actively as it continues to be.

I'm not saying that it is impossible for there to be outgassing, virtually anything is possible given a large enough population of units and other variables. But all indications are that the odds are so miniscule as to be immaterial.

oldiebutgoodie,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations OldieButGoodie,
Salutations PakaLolo,

I'm doubtful that Arizer follows this thread.

Oh, i see. Lets says it's for the rest of us...

But if you have a question for Kevin, he has been responsive to my emails in the past.

He is, i got in touch with him already.

...if you open the unit, that voids the warranty.

I'm afraid you're rephrasing quite incorrectly, i just explained that i'll open my Arizer V-Tower if/when i decide there's nothing to loose warranty-wise. Since Kevin didn't see this yet i need to forward that to him 1st...

...the snapshot illustrates how to blend what could have been 2 separate air ducts... ...i begin to believe it may have been too much of a stretch to convert a perfume appliance into the cannabic vaporizer which it is now.

I don't know how you got the impression i was making an affirmative statement but yet i can try to fill the gap here. Have you ever heard of passive ways to keep a place relatively comfortable even during hot summer days, with little more than a tower? I think some aboriginals used this technique to cool their homes, well... Something along those lines: hot air has a tendency to move up, so in such systems it simply sucks the hot/used air out, through the roof. It only depends on solar power, that very same which used to be a large part of the initial problem actually. Euh... Anyway, i find the V-Tower to be reminescent of that (e.g. a vertical tube turned into an exhaust). Even more, it could very well be the result of an engineering challenge. On one side the electronic circuit heats up while on the other the device is required to blow bags (in a fully-stuffed Extreme-Q version, that is). So, this bizare concept was born in any case, which survived ever since but if one considers this machine was only meant to work with Arizer's Glass PotPourri Dish in the begining then perspectives change significanty.

The fact remains, as sold it's a totally viable product for anyone who intends to perfume their livingroom - though i'm not alone feeling uncomfortable with its vaporizer vocation, i shall say.

...it is extremely unlikely...

I wouldn't state otherwise, my point is that customers need to be informed before the purchase. Not after...

...if the magic smoke ever escapes while it is in use...

Thank you PakaLolo, i guess this answer leaves no remaining doubt in my mind. As a consequence i'm now searching for an alternate heater for my Arizer Cyclone Bowl, which i see as the real key in this system anyway. My other option being to separate the paths if i can but that has to wait. At least i got a pipe to reduce potential exposure...

I'm not saying that it is impossible for there to be outgassing...

This suggests it may be OKay to put unnecessary risks on the customer's shoulders while additional benefits go to the manufacturer just because no incident has occured so far. But if things go wrong Arizer still gets their money and i still get to pay for their action, is that it?...

I mean, names and reputations won't stop robo fart from reaching my cannabic path the way i see it now!

Now i'll go back to the veranda, hoping to elude robo fart for many more sessions!

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

Egzoset, oh my, oh my . . . I didn't mean to cause such a dust-up. My apologies.

Just to clarify, I was only sharing that it was my understanding that the Tower was originally designed as a multi-purpose machine like the Q. I got the impression you thought that it may have not been originally designed for vaping, that is was re-purposed for that later. But I could certainly be wrong on both counts. Re the various design details you commented on, I have no opinion.

And re "no incident has occurred so far" . . . again, I mean no debate. IMHO though, with tens of thousands of these units in use for years, the odds that off-gassing if it occurs would not have become a major widely publicized issue, with a strong negative reaction in the market and by retailers, seems to be extremely remote. But hey, I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

And, oh, yes, I mis-read your point about opening the unit while under warranty. Just trying to be helpful, that's all. Mea culpa.

Peace. :peace:

oldiebutgoodie,

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again OldieButGoodie,

I didn't mean to cause...

Please rest assured no one caused anyone to stress, really: at the moment i even feel rather relaxed about it to be honnest...

I got the impression you thought that it may have not been originally designed for vaping, that is was re-purposed for that later.

This describes the situation exactly: i suspect, if you will.

ADDENDUM:

Solely for the sake of discussion, imagine a transparent shell & base offered as an option for the Arizer V-Tower and Extreme-Q... How would that sell??

Last edited:
Egzoset,

tonytokes

Hey guys, I haven't even received my EQ yet (expected to come in tomorrow, crossing my fingers). I have been reading through the last bit of the thread and it has already inspired me to purchase a DDave adapter and bubbler. I am looking to get an SSV wand and I just have a few questions on what I'm looking for.

1) I am looking for the Standard Glass Wand for the SSV right? Not other variations.
2) Does the DBV wand work as well?
3) Do I just need a wand or should I get the whole set up? ie. wand + mouthpiece + hose and heat cover? I plan to be hitting it through an 18mm bubbler?

Thanks FC

tonytokes,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey guys, I haven't even received my EQ yet (expected to come in tomorrow, crossing my fingers). I have been reading through the last bit of the thread and it has already inspired me to purchase a DDave adapter and bubbler. I am looking to get an SSV wand and I just have a few questions on what I'm looking for.

1) I am looking for the Standard Glass Wand for the SSV right? Not other variations.
2) Does the DBV wand work as well?
3) Do I just need a wand or should I get the whole set up? ie. wand + mouthpiece + hose and heat cover? I plan to be hitting it through an 18mm bubbler?

Thanks FC
Hi tonytokes,
1) Standard Ground Glass SSV Wand. See this link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/271242678548?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_600wt_885
2) Yes, same 18mm ground glass will fit. Just smaller in overall size and may get hotter during use (my guess).
3) If you feel you will never hit directly off the whip, or use the whip as a spare should something happen to your bubbler, probably not.. Just my opinion though.

Nice choice on the adapter! I love mine and though i've looked for reasons to go back to the cyclone bowl, it performs so well I can't see a reason to (unless it breaks :cry:). Now the adapter with the SSV Wand, for me, the ultimate performing configuration! :rockon:

samirfuzzywuzzy

There is a way to use the bag end with the ssv wand. Use omicron silicone tip, cut it in half and put it on the balloons glass end as a seal and put the thing straight into the wands business end for a straight vertical (no elbow, think volcano style) blow up.

samirfuzzywuzzy,
Reactions: killick
Top Bottom