The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Liberty

Do most people start on a lower temp (e.g., 200°C) and move up to a final temp (e.g., 230°C)? Or, do some people start and finish at the same temp?

Liberty,

Nesta

Hi TommydCat, The elbow pack with the F/F adapter worked very nicely. Then at the advice of Tweak (and idea of TMK), added the SSV Wand to the equation.

- ease of handling. (I dont stir any longer, just remove wand and shake. Double screen keeps all in place).

:science:

I've been using & enjoying the DDave F/F adaptor for a while now. And I just got around to ordering an SSV Wand. But there's one thing I'm not clear about: the double screen. I guess the upper screen is in the SSV Wand but where is the lower screen? Is it the one in the middle of the F/F adaptor or, after putting some herb into the wand, do you plug the bottom of the wand with an EQ elbow screen?

Nesta,
Reactions: DDave

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Is it the one in the middle of the F/F adaptor or, after putting some herb into the wand, do you plug the bottom of the wand with an EQ elbow screen?

I used 3. One in the cyclone/Adapter (.75" screen), one elbow screen on the end of the SSV GG wand, and a .625" screen inside the SSV wand.

I even experimented with a raised screen using a coiled paper clip in the Cyclone and not using the EQ elbow, but I would always come back to just using the SSV wand.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations,

...I would always come back to just using the SSV wand.

...as i've adopted the Arizer curved Glass Stem + Arizer Cyclone Bowl it seems. Any idea how to interface the Cyclone bowl with a different heater? I also wonder if it's not possible to push the modding a little bit forward, eventually. Like in an halogen heater, perhaps! I don't feel as if i'm going to use the Arizer V-Tower base much longer, that's going to become "Plan-C": a backup or sorts. Oh boy, now i'm starting having expensive ideas again... All for a matter of taste.

:peace:

Egzoset,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Any idea how to interface the Cyclone bowl with a different heater? I also wonder if it's not possible to push the modding a little bit forward, eventually.

None that I can think of.

I seen a modded Vapor Brothers type vaporizer,

uG8AVwu.jpg

And I recall another user doing something similar to there EQ earlier in this thread, but I suck at searching.

If you could retrofit the EQ's internals or maybe even seal them off with a tube of silicone caulking, I would love to see it. That was my next route with my EQ before I sold it, removing the fan, cutting the bottom inlet hole out, finding a shorter F/F adapter, and sealing off the electronics. I feel that would open the intake up quite a bit and allow for deeper extraction. I did disassemble the EQ before I sold it, wish I would have taken some HQ photos.

My friend still has an EQ that he hardly uses, I've been getting the itch to offer to buy it, but I'm looking at some glass right now.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@DDave, I can't recall a mod generating so much interest and enthusiasm as your has this past month or so.

You should start a fan club.
Ah thanks oldiebutgoodie! Happy to see the mod spark new or renewed interest in these vaporizers!
I think a fan club can be arranged! One condition, you are the first honorary member! :rockon:

I've been using & enjoying the DDave F/F adaptor for a while now. And I just got around to ordering an SSV Wand. But there's one thing I'm not clear about: the double screen. I guess the upper screen is in the SSV Wand but where is the lower screen? Is it the one in the middle of the F/F adaptor or, after putting some herb into the wand, do you plug the bottom of the wand with an EQ elbow screen?
Hey Nesta, glad to hear the F/F has been working out well for you! :tup:
Regarding the screens in the SSV Wand, I used the method Tweak orginally suggested. Using the default screen that comes with the SSV Wand in place, and on the other end using the Arizer elbow screen. Fit like a glove, but if it loosens up a bit, a simple pinch causing the screen portion to widen a bit tightens things up just right.
I can provide pictures later, if you like?

My friend still has an EQ that he hardly uses, I've been getting the itch to offer to buy it, but I'm looking at some glass right now.
Tweak! Do It! We want you back in the club!!!! :cheers:

Egzoset

Banned
Hi again Tweak,

...I suck at searching.

Perhaps but that picture fits in quite nicely...

...I would love to see it. That was my next route with my EQ before I sold it...

Actually my motivation doesn't include the Arizer casing at all, sorry: using an opto-isolator (etc.) i think of some halogen heater conversion instead... In principle, judging from the old picture(s) i think teflon tape + some aluminium foil might suffice but i'd have to provide ventilation for the circuitry via another path and those would still be too close for my taste anyway (a consequence of the layout itself).

:peace:

ADDENDUM:

I may as well abandon the whole modding idea until December, there's also the idea of putting my HerbalAire to good use again. The thing is i completely lost interrest in the HA...

Last edited:
Egzoset,

Nesta

Hey Nesta, glad to hear the F/F has been working out well for you! :tup:
Regarding the screens in the SSV Wand, I used the method Tweak orginally suggested. Using the default screen that comes with the SSV Wand in place, and on the other end using the Arizer elbow screen. Fit like a glove, but if it loosens up a bit, a simple pinch causing the screen portion to widen a bit tightens things up just right.
I can provide pictures later, if you like?

Tweak! Do It! We want you back in the club!!!! :cheers:

DDave, Yes, if you get a chance, I'd like to see a picture. Thanks

Nesta,

tonytokes

Hi tonytokes,
1) Standard Ground Glass SSV Wand. See this link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/271242678548?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_600wt_885
2) Yes, same 18mm ground glass will fit. Just smaller in overall size and may get hotter during use (my guess).
3) If you feel you will never hit directly off the whip, or use the whip as a spare should something happen to your bubbler, probably not.. Just my opinion though.

Nice choice on the adapter! I love mine and though i've looked for reasons to go back to the cyclone bowl, it performs so well I can't see a reason to (unless it breaks :cry:). Now the adapter with the SSV Wand, for me, the ultimate performing configuration! :rockon:
http://torontovaporizer.ca/glass-wand-da-buddha.html is this what I'm looking for?

tonytokes,

tonytokes

^ Nevermind, ended up finding a SSV wand on ebay. It won't let me edit or delete my post above.

Thanks DDave for all your help and everyone else who contributed to the DDave adapter + SSV wand setup. Can't wait until I get everything together :rockon:

tonytokes,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
DDave, Yes, if you get a chance, I'd like to see a picture. Thanks
Hi Nesta, Here's the pic. Red line shows where the standard SSV Wand screen is housed. The green circle shows the Arizer Elbow Screen inserted (upside down).

I don't pack as heavy as in this pic. About 1/2 the quantity. At a slightly higher draw rate, the herb packs at the top screen and performs like an "elbow pack" would. At a slightly slower draw rate, I can watch the herbs dance around on top of the elbow screen. So vapor density can be controled by your draw rate and can be light or dense depending on your preference.

nzvv.png

@tonytokes, wasn't ignoring you. I thought you had the link already to the SSV Wand on ebay, as you captured it when you quoted me above. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271242678548?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_600wt_885)

Vape on everyone! :wave:

Da_Man

Hi Nesta, Here's the pic. Red line shows where the standard SSV Wand screen is housed. The green circle shows the Arizer Elbow Screen inserted (upside down).

I don't pack as heavy as in this pic. About 1/2 the quantity. At a slightly higher draw rate, the herb packs at the top screen and performs like an "elbow pack" would. At a slightly slower draw rate, I can watch the herbs dance around on top of the elbow screen. So vapor density can be controled by your draw rate and can be light or dense depending on your preference.

nzvv.png

@tonytokes, wasn't ignoring you. I thought you had the link already to the SSV Wand on ebay, as you captured it when you quoted me above. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/271242678548?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_600wt_885)

Vape on everyone! :wave:
Hey DDave im new to this forum and have only owned an EQ for a few weeks now but am wondering about accessories. I've been reading about combining something called a DDave adapter with an SSV wand. Can you please explain this whole process for those of us who don't know. For example is a DDave adapter simply an 18mm to 18mm female glass adapter. Can you post pictures of this setup including where to put the herb (I'm guessing you use a screen and place it in the middle section of the adapter). Could you also explain why this adapter works well and where to purchase the adapter as well as the wand. Sorry I know that was a lot of questions but I'm a newb

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Hey DDave im new to this forum and have only owned an EQ for a few weeks now but am wondering about accessories. I've been reading about combining something called a DDave adapter with an SSV wand. Can you please explain this whole process for those of us who don't know. For example is a DDave adapter simply an 18mm to 18mm female glass adapter. Can you post pictures of this setup including where to put the herb (I'm guessing you use a screen and place it in the middle section of the adapter). Could you also explain why this adapter works well and where to purchase the adapter as well as the wand. Sorry I know that was a lot of questions but I'm a newb

Hey Da_Man, Welcome to the forum! Pictures of a packed SSV Wand appear in the entry just prior to your posting. The rest explained below. Note, there seem to be a few 18mm F/F adapters available, but the DDave F/F adapter does not have a thick glass ring protruding from the middle of the adapter and also has a ledge in the center that supports a screen. (My past postings have pictures of the adapter from all angles).

From a previous posting:
The elbow pack with the F/F adapter worked very nicely. Then at the advice of Tweak (and idea of TMK), added the SSV Wand to the equation.

Differences noticed:
- Far less drag during a draw.
- elbow pack performance relating to vapor density
- greater taste during first draws
- worked well with large or small quantities of product
- much greater extraction per draw (nice clouds).
- ease of handling. (I dont stir any longer, just remove wand and shake. Double screen keeps all in place). Also, have not had the wand become too hot to touch, so easy to maneuver around too!
- more-even extraction (AVB consistant color, rather than difference that is seen by partial bowl processed and some remains green, unprocessed. Now ABV is a consistant color.).

One thing I noticed when I first switched over to the F/F adapter, since it simply had a large screen across the entire inside diameter, rather than an intrusive ledge as with the cyclone which redirected airflow, was that the Arizer heater seemed to allow air to flow unevenly towards the bowl & product. The product would pile up on one side of the F/F adapter, because more hot air was pushed from one side of the heater than the other. With current setup, F/F adapter and SSV Wand, probably due to leaving the screen in place in the F/F adapter and the elbow screen in the Wand, believe the hot air is diffused much more evenly through the product. Resulting in more efficient and even extraction. This is only a theory surmised by watching the product move around in the Wand and checking the condition of the ABV after product is spent. Engineers, techies, please feel free to chime in!

Here is the link for the DDave F/F adapter.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-mm-Femal...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e803d771b#ht_213wt_1123

And absolutely, all in the name of Science! :science:

Again, Welcome! :wave:

Last edited:

Da_Man

Hey Da_Man, Welcome to the forum! Pictures of a packed SSV Wand appear in the entry just prior to your posting. The rest explained below. Note, there seem to be a few 18mm F/F adapters available, but the DDave F/F adapter does not have a thick glass ring protruding from the middle of the adapter and also has a ledge in the center that supports a screen. (My past postings have pictures of the adapter from all angles).

From a previous posting:
The elbow pack with the F/F adapter worked very nicely. Then at the advice of Tweak (and idea of TMK), added the SSV Wand to the equation.

Differences noticed:
- Far less drag during a draw.
- elbow pack performance relating to vapor density
- greater taste during first draws
- worked well with large or small quantities of product
- much greater extraction per draw (nice clouds).
- ease of handling. (I dont stir any longer, just remove wand and shake. Double screen keeps all in place). Also, have not had the wand become too hot to touch, so easy to maneuver around too!
- more-even extraction (AVB consistant color, rather than difference that is seen by partial bowl processed and some remains green, unprocessed. Now ABV is a consistant color.).

One thing I noticed when I first switched over to the F/F adapter, since it simply had a large screen across the entire inside diameter, rather than an intrusive ledge as with the cyclone which redirected airflow, was that the Arizer heater seemed to allow air to flow unevenly towards the bowl & product. The product would pile up on one side of the F/F adapter, because more hot air was pushed from one side of the heater than the other. With current setup, F/F adapter and SSV Wand, probably due to leaving the screen in place in the F/F adapter and the elbow screen in the Wand, believe the hot air is diffused much more evenly through the product. Resulting in more efficient and even extraction. This is only a theory surmised by watching the product move around in the Wand and checking the condition of the ABV after product is spent. Engineers, techies, please feel free to chime in!

Here is the link for the DDave F/F adapter.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/14-mm-Femal...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e803d771b#ht_213wt_1123

And absolutely, all in the name of Science! :science:

Again, Welcome! :wave:
Thanks for responding so quickly DDave I think I'm starting to understand this setup now. So instead of using a cyclone bowl I would place the DDave adapter on the heating element instead with no herbs in the adapter. Then I would place the ssv wand into the DDave adapter with the herb in the wand and draw from tubing connected to the wand is this correct? I wasn't really sure how the wand would connect to the adapter but I'm guessing it's 18mm like the adapter and just fits right in. If you could post a picture of your setup with the wand attached to the EQ that would be a great help. Thanks again

Da_Man,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
If you could post a picture of your setup with the wand attached to the EQ that would be a great help. Thanks again

dsc2761.jpg

Yeah the wand is 18mm male GonG. A Da Buddha wand would work too, but w/o the pretty colors.

I removed the black coating so you can watch the material change color through the cyclone bowl.

Da_Man

dsc2761.jpg

Yeah the wand is 18mm male GonG. A Da Buddha wand would work too, but w/o the pretty colors.

I removed the black coating so you can watch the material change color through the cyclone bowl.
Thanks tweak your post helped a lot. However DDave I just noticed when you first replied to me the link for the DDave adapter you sent me is 14mm. Should it be 14mm or 18mm?

Da_Man,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Thanks tweak your post helped a lot. However DDave I just noticed when you first replied to me the link for the DDave adapter you sent me is 14mm. Should it be 14mm or 18mm?
@Da_Man, my apologies if I sent an incorrect link. 18mm is the correct size.
Found this on ebay = http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-mm-Femal...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e803d771a#ht_216wt_1123
But maybe contact the seller as there are two different adapters pictured on this one listed item. You will only be able to see the difference if you use the hovering-mouse zoom to view large pictures, then looking at the middle section of the adapters. The one depicted with a North-South orientation, is NOT the correct adapter and will not fit properly inside the Arizer. The other picture, with adapter in an East-West orientation is the one I purchased.

Hope that's not too confusing. I was unable to find a link to the seller I purchased from originally.

@Tweak, thanks for posting that pic!

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
@DDave & Company,

I'm finally getting around to trying one or two of the mods you guys came up with. I've searched/re-read all the posts I could find, not quite clear on one point:

Originally you were using just the new ledge adapter along with the standard Q elbow, with your material placed on the screen in the adapter, right?

Later, you switched to an SSV GonG wand, replacing the Q elbow with it. And now you are placing your material inside the SSV wand, in between a Q elbow screen at the end of the wand and the standard screen that comes with the wand; is that right? That would seem to move the herb farther from the heat source compared to using the adapter ledge. What am I missing?

Thanks!

oldiebutgoodie,

Anonymouse

Sith I care
That would seem to move the herb farther from the heat source compared to using the adapter ledge. What am I missing?

It's still considerably closer to the head source than the stock arrangement, and thus is plenty hot enough.

Also the wand offers increased load capacity, easier stirring (load is screened on each side, so just lift and shake), and gathers more reclaim.

Downside is increased mechanical lever action if you bump it / pull the tubing, and possibly it takes a bit longer to prime.

Last edited:
Anonymouse,

Da_Man

@Da_Man, my apologies if I sent an incorrect link. 18mm is the correct size.
Found this on ebay = http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-mm-Femal...ultDomain_0&hash=item1e803d771a#ht_216wt_1123
But maybe contact the seller as there are two different adapters pictured on this one listed item. You will only be able to see the difference if you use the hovering-mouse zoom to view large pictures, then looking at the middle section of the adapters. The one depicted with a North-South orientation, is NOT the correct adapter and will not fit properly inside the Arizer. The other picture, with adapter in an East-West orientation is the one I purchased.

Hope that's not too confusing. I was unable to find a link to the seller I purchased from originally.

@Tweak, thanks for posting that pic!
Hey DDave the adapter in the link you sent me is sold out. I found one from another buyer and wanted your opinion as to whether the middle section is suitable for my extreme q. Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/18MM-FEMALE..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a85616d63#payCntId

Da_Man,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
:rockon:
@DDave & Company,

I'm finally getting around to trying one or two of the mods you guys came up with. I've searched/re-read all the posts I could find, not quite clear on one point:

Originally you were using just the new ledge adapter along with the standard Q elbow, with your material placed on the screen in the adapter, right?

Later, you switched to an SSV GonG wand, replacing the Q elbow with it. And now you are placing your material inside the SSV wand, in between a Q elbow screen at the end of the wand and the standard screen that comes with the wand; is that right? That would seem to move the herb farther from the heat source compared to using the adapter ledge. What am I missing?

Thanks!
Hi oldiebutgoodie,
Correct. Originally, was just the F/F adapter and the stock Q elbow. Performance increased from both Elbow Packs and standard bowl loads (for me, elbow packs resulted in more vapor, standard load more flavor).

The along came Tweak :clap:, improving on perfection, he suggested the SSV Wand. And improve things it did! You are again correct in stating that the material is placed between the stock SSV Wand screen and Q-elbow screen. And as odd as it sounds, performance improved dramatically. Not sure on the technicals behind it, but a medium-strength draw results in the herb packing itself up against the SSV Wand Screen and performing like an Elbow Pack, but with less drag. A slower drag and you will be able to watch ALL your material dancing on top of the Q-elbow screen within the Wand.

On many occasions, I prefer a quick-strong session, whereby I can extract the most goodies with the least amount of draws. The F/F & SSV Wand combo allow just that. What used to take 20 draws to reach desired levels, now takes 4-5. And, on the chance that I'd prefer a slower, more-draw but more flavorful session, I simply load the F/F adapter and place the SSV Wand on top (using the SSV Wand in the same manner as the Q-Elbow), drop temp a bit. Then sit back & enjoy. :science:
Hope this helps!
DDave

Do most people start on a lower temp (e.g., 200°C) and move up to a final temp (e.g., 230°C)? Or, do some people start and finish at the same temp?
Hi Liberty, depends on what you're looking for.
* Quick session: Starts and stops at max temperature you normally vape to. This gives quickest extraction.
* Flavorful Session: Starts low and stops at max temperature you normally vape to. This gives just about the same medicating experience, but you get to enjoy the flavors much more during the beginnings of the session.
* Some now, Some Later session: Starts and ends at low temperature, more of an uplifting-energetic effect. Then product is saved for later vaporizing at higher temperatures (more sedative, pain killing effect).
Hope this helps!
Vape On!

Hey DDave the adapter in the link you sent me is sold out. I found one from another buyer and wanted your opinion as to whether the middle section is suitable for my extreme q. Link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/18MM-FEMALE..._DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a85616d63#payCntId
Hey Da_Man, I dont think that is the adapter that will fit nicely within the Arizer. Here's a picture of mine. Look at the middle ring section and at how they differ. The one I found fits very nicely. From feedback we see on this site on the other adapter, the center glass ring is too wide to allow the adapter to sit on the heater.
fnjj.jpg

Hope that helps! If you find other adapters, send the links my way and we'll eventually locate the proper adapter.

Vape On!

Last edited:
Top Bottom