The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Just wanna say you guys are fucking awesome!! You didn’t talk down to me or call me a dumb noob or whatever…

So thanks for the advice. It’s totally truly appreciated!!

Welcome. :wave: Glad to hear you've been well received on the site.

Anyone who would talk down to another, simply because they were new or unfamiliar with a particular subject matter, would be shooting themselves in the foot. A little less than a year ago, I was on my first posting as well. As you were, I was well-received too. I asked my questions and was given great advice. I quit combusting and my Vaping journey began.

After seeing so many great modifications or additions to vaporizing systems which FC members were posting :bowdown:, I felt there was so much more that could be gotten out of the Arizer units, that I began investigating and experimenting. Once I found the F/F adapter that fit, which has become known as the DDave F/F adapter (thanks guys! you rock! :rockon:) and tested it with fantastic results using the elbow pack method, I posted results to share with others. In the middle of my contribution discussion, Tweak chimed in suggesting I try TMK's advice by replacing the stock whip elbow with an SSV Wand. Once I tested the combination, seeing the performance increases and ease of use, I again shared results that I hope benefits others looking for the same boost in performance.

Every person here has the chance, by either trial/error, teamwork or luck, to come up with a great performing setup. And by accepting/welcoming new members, we all benefit.

Vape on! :science:

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
I just had my first really cloudy bag at 180C F3, thanks to your elbow hit hint. I grinded fine a bit of herb, maybe about 0.1 of a gram. I packed it using a big end of the stirring tool. . I got some really thick smoke vapor bumping around in the usual baloon thc mist. The rips obviously were devastating ;-) I wonder.. what would happen if I filled the elbow screen full?

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
It seems like I can't edit my post.

So apperently the cloudiness is best achieved (I am talking only about the baloon) when under packing the elbow screen. Something around two pinches of the finest grind you can get. I failed to achieve same results using more herb, even with higher temperatures or slower fan speed. I think that If I pack just about right amount, I get better extraction. But if I overdo it I just clog the screen, it might take up to 3-4 minutes to fill a bag.

Anybody else having similar results?

Last edited:
YetAnotherUsername,

Bvapst

I was not a heavy bags user but about that point I always got better extraction with half or 1/3 of the elbow. But I don't think the best is the finest grind for the elbow! You can get great result, no doubt of it but I found easier to do only a mid-grind. Easier to avoid falling down material this way as when you pack it will get tight around better than finest grind. Then save this material for higher temps use or stir-pack-and-draw!

JJSeattle

Hello FC,

This is my first post. I am the owner of MFLB, Pax, and Extreme-Q. I recently purchased the Extreme to have a desktop unit I could get comfortable with. I do not know if I got a bum unit or what but I cannot seem to get anything other than a very mild light vapor from the unit. I have tried packing the cyclone bowl, packing the elbow, letting the glass heat up for 20 minutes on 230C and then hitting. after 20 min on 230C, I can put my hand on top of the heat hole and not feel like it is going to burn my hand. I tried letting it warm with the fan on. This seemed to help a little but still weak. I have tried leaving it on 230 with the fan on and hitting the whip. It helped but still very weak in comparison to what I get from Pax or MFLB. Any ideas on what to check?

Thanks,
Puff

Assuming you are grinding the herb, yes it sounds like an off unit, I would replace it as defective. You should have better results. How hot is the glass bowl getting?

Nesta

After seeing so many great modifications or additions to vaporizing systems which FC members were posting :bowdown:, I felt there was so much more that could be gotten out of the Arizer units, that I began investigating and experimenting. Once I found the F/F adapter that fit, which has become known as the DDave F/F adapter (thanks guys! you rock! :rockon:) and tested it with fantastic results using the elbow pack method, I posted results to share with others. In the middle of my contribution discussion, Tweak chimed in suggesting I try TMK's advice by replacing the stock whip elbow with an SSV Wand. Once I tested the combination, seeing the performance increases and ease of use, I again shared results that I hope benefits others looking for the same boost in performance.

Every person here has the chance, by either trial/error, teamwork or luck, to come up with a great performing setup. And by accepting/welcoming new members, we all benefit.

Vape on! :science:

I finally got around to using my new DDave F/F adapter with the EQ elbow- [& with very good results BTW]. But a quick question. Without a teflon coating on the upper part of the DDave adapter, how do you tell which end is up? Or does it not matter if the herb is in the top, then next session, you flip the thing -so that the dirtier end is hugging the heating element? It seems to me that one end should always be up & the other should always be down. [I tried scratching a mark on mine to distinguish up from down- but that glass is tough! And I'd rather not use ink.]

Do you bother with this or do you just use either end interchangeably?

Nesta,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I finally got around to using my new DDave F/F adapter with the EQ elbow- [& with very good results BTW]. But a quick question. Without a teflon coating on the upper part of the DDave adapter, how do you tell which end is up? Or does it not matter if the herb is in the top, then next session, you flip the thing -so that the dirtier end is hugging the heating element? It seems to me that one end should always be up & the other should always be down. [I tried scratching a mark on mine to distinguish up from down- but that glass is tough! And I'd rather not use ink.]

I would not recommend "going both ways" as it were. It would be too easy to end up with herb bits in your heater that way.

Try wrapping a rubber band around the top to remember "this side up". It may also help by giving a cooler place to grab. Choose non-toxic, non-offgassing rubber bands (I don't even know if that exists!).

:2c:

Last edited:

YetAnotherUsername

Youngster vaporist
I was not a heavy bags user but about that point I always got better extraction with half or 1/3 of the elbow. But I don't think the best is the finest grind for the elbow!

I'll try it as soon as I can, I finaly have a real life break :leaf:. two finly grinded pinches put in the elbow, not more not less ... bong rips! cloudy inside the bag :))

Last edited:
YetAnotherUsername,

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker

Hi Nesta, I use this device and leave it clipped to the bowl. (Best almost $5 I've ever spent).
ieqb.jpg

olsh.jpg

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
Hey Peeps...I've been in Solo land for a while now, took out my EQ this morning. Where can I buy a new hose, one longer than the standard 3',?

Thank you!

Maine420,
Hey Peeps...I've been in Solo land for a while now, took out my EQ this morning. Where can I buy a new hose, one longer than the standard 3',?

Thank you!
If it is just hose that you're after, Google is your friend. The original is 1/4 in. ID x 3/8 in. OD. Anything thicker than 1/16 inch walls would be too heavy IMO.

I've ordered silicone hose from US plastics which I like due to its flexibility, but thought of buying black surgical tubing from Amazon to hide the resin buildup.

Good luck!

Medivape,

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Hey Medi - The 7th floor stuff works great and offers that same flexibility your looking for. By far my favorite and I know alot of members that would agree.

:tup:

mvapes,
Thanks Mvapes, I saw that but it's advertised as 3/8 inch inner diameter. That isn't too big for the elbow piece? I thought it might slip off if it got pulled. If not I may get a 10 foot section myself.

Medivape,
Reactions: mvapes

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Been offline the last couple weeks in what has literally been the most hellish time of my :myday: life. Anyway, not meaning to whine but today has been my first opportunity to check this thread and I just wanted to compliment you all for the recent great posts re Q mods, which IIRC took off with DDave's adapter and has expanded from there. This is a very long thread and there have been many great mods posted going back 2+ years. But the recent suggestions have added a helluva lot of yet more value, and breathed new life into a thread that seemed to be losing gas.

So my hat's off to y'all :cheers: and here's hoping you keep up the enthusiasm. :rockon:

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
http://silversurfervap.com/accessories/ssv-accessories-and-gear/replacement-hose-10ft.html
Hi Peeps, so could I use this tubing on the EQ? If you can't see it, it is colored replacement hose.

SSV has an very good reputation, and many here use their tubing. I've never seen the actual food/medical grade spec indicated (it should be NSF 51), but all indications are that it is.

Just one thing, SSV tubing is larger than the stock Arizer tubing. SSV's is 3/8" ID, whereas Arizer's is 7/16" ID. Personally, I use the silicone tubing sold by Amazon which is 7/16". It's linked in this thread many places and IIRC there is an entire thread devoted to discussing whip tubing.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: DDave

Maine420

GROOVY GRANNY
Tubing- like enema tubing on Amazon 5/16?? If someone could post a link, I'd be grateful!

Maine420,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations everyone,

It seems i may have found my comfort zone with the V-Tower, finally:

nm1bo4.jpg

Starting from left we first see a moddified black HA balloon MP (my Arizer glass straw broke), then a short length of NSF-51 grade 5/16" (I.D.) 7/16" (O.D.) PVC tubing terminated with a tiny piece of HA teflon straw inserted inside a 3/16" (I.D.) 5/16" (O.D.) PVC section to complete the sealing. A Solo bent glass stem from Arizer can be made to fit the V-Tower Cyclone bowl using a generous amount of teflon tape (pictured above, this renders on-demand insertion/removal possible/convenient though i'm still not too sure yet if i prefer having my HA crucible on or off!

Choices...

Ah, the screen needs to be recessed by no more than 1½ mm or dust will collect (e.g. that Solo bowl isn't of actual use).

:peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom