1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by Rockwise, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Rockwise

Rockwise K.J. Rockwise Retailer

Hey all, just thought I'd make a quick mention that Arizer has released a new vaporizer called the Extreme-Q. It will be widely available soon.

I also want to rant and rave about how excellent this new vape is, but I'll let you all be the judges. Check it out, then let me know what you think and feel free to ask any questions. I'll check back often and do my best to answer all inquiries.

----

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[h]Reviews in this thread[/h]
    http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=108237#p108237
    passionflower likes this.
  2. DevoTheStrange

DevoTheStrange Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!

That thing looks awesome, so other than outward looks what else did arizer change on the extreme?
  3. Rockwise

The most significant change is the fan. The Q in Extreme-Q stands for quiet! Still with 3 fan speeds, the Extreme-Q is much quieter on its fastest fan speed than the Extreme is on its slowest fan speed. Anyone who has filled balloons with the Extreme while trying to watch television or a movie knows that the high pitch of the fan can interfere with the decibel level of a room, often requiring the volume of the TV to be turned up. This is no longer an issue with the Extreme-Q. After testing out a couple units I have come to realize it is so quiet I sometimes forget I started filling a balloon!! Other changes include an all-Canadian LCD, an improved airflow (still all glass), and a reinforced internal structure to minimize potential for damage to the unit.
  4. Clear_Dome

Clear_Dome Vaporhead Glass Blower

look great man ! I have to talk with you , I should email you this week !
  5. Beezleb

Beezleb Well-Known Member

Very cool. The quieter fan will definitely appeal to many.
  6. illadelph

illadelph vaked fresh daily

definitely asthetically pleasing to the eye. :o
  7. DevoTheStrange

DevoTheStrange Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!

How big is this unit compared too the other extreme? looks like it might be a bit shorter..
  8. Mckdenton

Mckdenton Vaporoni and cheese

Definitely like the new look.
  9. vtac

vtac vapor junkie Staff Member

So this is a separate product and the older style will continue to be produced?

added photos/info to the OP.
  10. Rockwise

Yes the Extreme-Q is a bit shorter than the Extreme. I believe that the Extreme will be phased out of production, though I am not aware of the time line for this to happen.
  11. the electrician

the electrician Well-Known Member

Very swish indeed, if only i was in the market... Strangely when i was in town the other week i couldve sworn i saw an extreme with a black finish to the display like that. However i think it was later discarded as a trick of the lighting.

You say the airflow is improved too, care to explain how so? and youre saying its stronger, this is basically perfect for my purposes - you read my mind. One of these days i swear ill get my grubby mits on one.

Oh yea, does the reinforcement have any say on how the heater functions? Im guessing not really
  12. the electrician

the electrician Well-Known Member

Yea they seem a good choice for american customers, though they dont so much cater for the canadians among us.
  13. Rockwise

By improved airflow I mean to say that the airflow has been tweaked for optimal performance whether using the whip or the balloon system. The reinforced internal components does not affect the performance of the heater or the unit, rather was a set towards reducing the number of repairs on heater covers.
  14. illadelph

illadelph vaked fresh daily

whats the highest achievable temp on this one?
  15. Rockwise

260 C or 500 F is the max temp on the Extreme-Q
  16. Rocket J Squirrel

Rocket J Squirrel Well-Known Member

Steve at Arizer sent me a single-sheet pdf brochure about the Q. There are several photos, and it says,

New Quiet Fan.
    New Midnight Chrome Finish.
    Cooler, more compact Design.
    Now with THREE Year Warranty.
    New clear view LCD Screen.
    Now with fast heat ceramic heating.
    Precise temperature control, now with triple heat sensors.
    Redesigned with Solid State Circuitry.
    50% more energy efficient.
    SAME (Introductory) PRICE !

The quietest fan powered vape on the market. 77% Quieter than our previous version.

Dimensions are not listed. The conical metal portion appears to be a bit shorter than the Extreme -- the ridges that wrap around the upper portion of the cone on the Extreme don't show on the photo of the Q, giving the impression that the top bit of the cone has been truncated. Or he chose to remove them for aesthetic or design reasons.
  17. Rockwise

Thanks for the added info Rocket, much appreciated!
  18. Rocket J Squirrel

You bet. I'm-a git me one a-them 'cause the fan in the Extreme is too darn noisy for generic room scenting usage.
  19. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitect ? & beyond

This vape looks really good.

Def. more aesthetically pleasing, no longer that big-tin mug look.

Spiral might be getting a new toy 2010. :D
  20. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

What did they use before? Tubes? :cool:
  21. Rocket J Squirrel

I was thinking the opposite. The Extreme's stainless steel and black polymer design allows it to blend in in the kitchen next to the stainless coffee pot and toaster. The new "Midnight Chrome" look might make it more noticeable. We will see.
  22. Rocket J Squirrel

Yeah -- big directly-heated triodes. :lol:

And before that, coal.
  23. stinkmeaner

stinkmeaner Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thinks it looks just about the same as the old model? very minor details were changes, hardly a new product
  24. Rocket J Squirrel

A product can evolve incrementally. Don't need to add tail fins to a car to make it a better car.
  25. tdavie

tdavie Unconscious Objector

It 'looks' just about the same yah, true. But, for example with 3 heat sensors as opposed to (I don't know how many), it might be more accurate for controlling what you get out of your herb. And at the moment, it doesn't cost more. So, if it is in fact quieter, better heater, then I think it is worthwhile. And for someone who does not have an extreme (me) it represents a good purchase.

Tom

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors