Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Does anyone here pack their bowls using some sort of funnel?

I have tried to use suction (like I did with EQ) but I get particles in my mouth. I use those nice domed screens so that isn't the problem, my product is probably a bit too old / dry / ground.

Those fit straight into the Air?

Just a FYI.... @mistvaporizer is currently working on adapting the Touch collar and stir/tamp stick for the Arizer Air and Solo. I mention that because I currently use both accessories with my Touch and they work great for loading and stirring!

The shisha/hooka glass piece can be attached with a simple one inch piece of silicon between Solo/Air and the glass piece Just gently remove the coil from the glass piece first and the connect to Arizer. Or, you can purchase Ratchett's universal water attachment adaptor for around $17 plus shipping, and it will allow you to attach just about anything.

sickmanfraud

I read it, but have no direct experience with this apparent issue. Except to say there's no relay in there...... I also shy away from 'fixes' that involve bashing things, a sure sign of bad contact that almost certainly will become worse from this treatment. Not my sort of troubleshooting.

Just to clarity....

You are NOT suggesting that bouncing a vape down the stairs would be a good idea?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: OF

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
After three days of use , the vapor production is much much better, I expecially like the yellow position. I try to change batteries every day.
Yeah once you get the technique down you can rip this thing!

Faolan,
Reactions: BigJr48

Justpassedu

Just wanted to stop in and say that from acquiring many on demand vapes as of lately i happen to have allot of torches sitting at my desk. I am sure most may already know this but i been using the torches to heat the perimeter of my stems when i leave my flowers in there after a session with the air for a day or two. Sometimes i am just to lazy to dump my stem out after i am finished right away. Heating up the outside of the glass without touching your herb will turn it somewhat into a on-demand vape like the dynavap's . Pretty cool , i always get a few decent hits off whatever is left as i don't take my session to far , i am sure you can pack fresh and achieve good results as well. Just be careful you don't heat to much and crack your glass.

Hey all, I need your expert eyes.
I took a look at my battery compartment....has this melted?
L27fnlM.jpg

PMKVNI6.jpg

OF

Hey all, I need your expert eyes.
I took a look at my battery compartment....has this melted?

No, it's normal. It's been melted, that is the four plastic studs are 'riveted over' to hold the PCB in place. Current happens on the PCB, if it was melting the board material would be burned (the epoxy part), charged and delaminated where it happened.

Here's the photo of mine, posted several times over a couple of years:
XCsv8Dw.jpg

Enjoy it in good health.

OF

No, it's normal. It's been melted, that is the four plastic studs are 'riveted over' to hold the PCB in place. Current happens on the PCB, if it was melting the board material would be burned (the epoxy part), charged and delaminated where it happened.

Here's the photo of mine, posted several times over a couple of years:
XCsv8Dw.jpg

Enjoy it in good health.

OF
Thank you for that, my mind is at ease now.
I left it in my car and it was rather warm yesterday.

KayJay

So I have gotten onto a lightly used Arizer Air (seller says used 3-4 times max) for $90aud (about $70usd) the seller has even been nice enough to screenshot the recipe, its from a reputable seller so with some luck I get to add an Air to my Arizer family! tho u feel confident its not fake Ive had a look about at how to tell the fakes from the real ones and the most non invasive ways seem to be the up/down button as It should be a matt finish not polished and the chamber holes are the same as my solo not big like the pics I've seen.

GetLeft

Ive had a look about at how to tell the fakes from the real ones and the most non invasive ways seem to be

I think OF has suggested the difference in craftsmanship can be seen even in the lid to the battery compartment. Check out the above photos of said lid. They're genuine. if yours doesn't match up with them it might be a knock off. Do a search. He did a solid comparison between the genuine and the non-genuine.

OF

I think OF has suggested the difference in craftsmanship can be seen even in the lid to the battery compartment. Check out the above photos of said lid. They're genuine. if yours doesn't match up with them it might be a knock off. Do a search. He did a solid comparison between the genuine and the non-genuine.

There were obvious changes in the counterfeit I reported on earlier in this thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-303#post-883954

Some not so obvious ones as well, ones you'd probably need a genuine one to compare to? The post became it's own thread:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/counterfeit-arizer-air.19948/

Best advice is, I think, to 'know your dealer'. I know my Airs are genuine, because Arizer and PIU wouldn't slip me a fish for more profit? I get it some guys need to save every dollar they can, but that will involve some unknown and unpredictable risks somewhere down that road.

OF

KayJay

Thanks guys for all the info, but the seller tried to gouge me, :bang: I was about to head into the city where this stooge lives and then get a msg saying he has another buyer, he has been offered more than what we agreed on, the price is now higher, I'm doing you a favour by offering it to you first blah blah blah so I told him to keep it, I don't want it out of principal now. Then get msgs saying "fine go buy some cheap piece of shit that burns plastic and is made in china" seriously? It was cheap enough that it was still a good deal but this was a gouge plain and simple and I don't like being fucked around.
I was going to buy the new Solo 2 for my birthday in a few months time anyways and Namastevapes.com.au has it for $308aud to my door with a discount code so I will be doing just that. Thanks guys rant over.

biohacker

Found a stellar deal on a new Air that I just could not turn down. Just curious, is there a source for batteries that are same spec as the OEM's for a decent price? I got the Air for $90 so i'm not too concerned about the vape getting damaged as I am about it blowing up in my face. Only need a few of them, but retail on OEM is a rip off IMO.

biohacker,

BigJr48

Found a stellar deal on a new Air that I just could not turn down. Just curious, is there a source for batteries that are same spec as the OEM's for a decent price? I got the Air for $90 so i'm not too concerned about the vape getting damaged as I am about it blowing up in my face. Only need a few of them, but retail on OEM is a rip off IMO.

From my experience, the Air works well with a LG MJ1 or Samsung 30Q, the unit runs very hot with LG G2's or Samsung 25R's.

biohacker

Thanks man! Do you know a decent source for the LG's or Sammy's? And how do they stock up to the OEM's? Maybe I should just pony up for the Oem, especially if the units can run hot.

biohacker,

biohacker

Since I got the air for $89usd, there must be a very small profit margin indeed, but this is an insane deal, I wonder if an Air II is on its way?? How sweet would that be!?!?

Supposed to be new things coming from Arizer in 2017....let's hope the Air II is another one of them! Solo II has been a huge improvement! I'd love a faster heating up air with a digital read out, even if the battery life didn't change at all.

Wishful thinking, but not impossible!

biohacker,
Reactions: KidFated.

OF

Where did you get it at that price? Official supplier?
The Arizer batteries are my choice for the air.

Excellent point! While I don't think there are any reports of counterfeit Solos (?), there are several confirmed 'counterfeit Air sightings', including the one I reported on on this thread a while back. I intentionally bought it from DHGate, 'almost sure' it was fake. Come on, how would a unit BUILT IN CANADA end up on a 'gray market' source half way around the world for steep discount? "Too good to be true"?

Some guys have reported buying from what appears to be legit dealers 'in the west' who probably 'got a great deal on the Internet'?

There is an interesting exception here, I have it on good authority (report from a known maker's rep) that 'clone houses' in China sometimes buy one legit unit to take photos of (to claim they can make thousands if you only give them money) then sell the unit to recover the costs. I'm told a clue is the packaging is usually all beat up (the example of this I bought and then sent to the maker is such a case.

Anyway, be interesting to know the source/details here. Excellent price if genuine and supported by Warranty.

I'm in full agreement with the 'stick with the factory Air battery', CentiZen found it the best available, it's plenty cheap (how many did you think you needed?), a known performer and preserves the Warranty.

OF

Last edited:

Commander Cody

Received new Arizer Air. I Charged fully+. Started doing a few burn offs. Seemed according to battery meter I was losing charge faster than my original air purchased over 2 yrs ago. Charged both old and new units fully. Measured the voltages. Old Air shut off at 4.22. New Air shut off at 4.16 The new battery when charged in the Old Air went right up to 4.22 Problem does not seem to be the battery but rather the early charger shut off in the new unit. Although .06 V extra charge may not seem significant, one session brought old unit to 4.01 while one session brought new vape to 3.83. Looks like the difference between getting 5 sessions or only 4. Anyone else with an Air that charges battery to less than 4.2V ?

Last edited:

OF

Old Air shut off at 4.22. New Air shut off at 4.16 The new battery when charged in the Old Air went right up to 4.22 Problem does not seem to be the battery but rather the early charger shut off in the new unit.

I don't think this is really a problem. It's actually quite normal. You wouldn't want to pay for a charger that went to exactly 4.200 Volts every time, such things need 'a window' of acceptable values. In this case the typical spec. on charge controllers for commercial Li-ions is 4.20 Volts plus or minus .05. So anything between 4.15 and 4.25 V meets spec. Both your units seem to do so, assuming your meter is accurate?

In broad each terms .1 Volt is a 10% change in capacity. So .06 Volts would be six percent. If there's normally 4 sessions per charge (.25 Volts per) we're talking about 1/4 of an extra session, not much to hang your hat on.......

In a way this is nice. That .06 Volts less will mean longer battery life. A lot longer. Something like a 50% increase, actually a little more. Honestly. The battery that would last 2 years will now go more than 3. Not a bad deal IMO.

I intentionally charge Solo, Air, Ascent and other Li-ions to about 4.05 Volts (15% 'short') for this very reason using a purpose built 'gadget'. On version looks like this:
w5O6XvM.jpg

That one's set up for nine Volts for the big FMs, Ascent and those guys. The top board senses the current and does the control. 12 Volts comes in top left. The lower board converts the 12 Volts to 9 for eventual use, a similar one drops it to 5 VDC for Air, the small FMs, most USB charging Mods and so on.

BTW, this effect (longer battery lifespan for not hammering it at the top end of the charge trying to get as much run time as possible so you can brag and take customers from your competitors) is so real that the military specifies lower voltage, 3.95 plus or minus .05 IIRC. They understand this means less hours of using say your radio before recharging but it also means you don't have to worry about replacing batteries in the field for something like four times the service life. Good trade off, or so they think.

Not so important in vapes with easily replaceable batteries like Air compared to say Solo, but then if battery swaps are so easy, an extra session is even less of a big deal?

I don't think you have a problem, rather a feature. And I don't think Arizer will consider it defective.

OF

BigJr48

Received new Arizer Air. I Charged fully+. Started doing a few burn offs. Seemed according to battery meter I was losing charge faster than my original air purchased over 2 yrs ago. Charged both old and new units fully. Measured the voltages. Old Air shut off at 4.22. New Air shut off at 4.16 The new battery when charged in the Old Air went right up to 4.22 Problem does not seem to be the battery but rather the early charger shut off in the new unit. Although .06 V extra charge may not seem significant, one session brought old unit to 4.01 while one session brought new vape to 3.83. Looks like the difference between getting 5 sessions or only 4. Anyone else with an Air that charges battery to less than 4.2V ?

Invest in a Nitecore D2, highly recommend.

narrowsparrow

Arizer accidentally sent me a long stem instead of a short stem for my Air. I am having a helluva time trying to get the long stem into the unit. I know I am supposed to heat it up, but alas. Still no go. Anyone have any tips? (Yes, I realize that this is the wrong place to post, but using the search box with the terms "Arizer Air" surprisingly came back "no results found." ?!?)

OF

Arizer accidentally sent me a long stem instead of a short stem for my Air. I am having a helluva time trying to get the long stem into the unit. I know I am supposed to heat it up, but alas. Still no go. Anyone have any tips? (Yes, I realize that this is the wrong place to post, but using the search box with the terms "Arizer Air" surprisingly came back "no results found." ?!?)

Interesting. This is a brand new unit? The version with 'battery level flash' on startup?

I ask because the very first Airs came with that stem (from Solo) and the plastic topped ones as the shorter all glass stem didn't happen yet. It came in wrapped in the case inside the accessories.

Anyway, it's fine by design, Arizer expects it to work properly it's not really accidental? I suggest you use the other stems for a couple dozen sessions to give the seals time to 'run in' then go after it hot (of course) and tipped to the side as well as 'dead straight in'. Twisting the stem a bit as you press can help it get the entire mouth past the seal.

In an extreme case, after checking the stem for being too large in diameter or out of round compared to the other stem(s) (put them mouth to mouth) I'd go with a drop of some high temperature vegetable oil, say peanut or olive oil on the lip first. Easy enough to clean up with a q-tip and ISO.

But you've got OK parts for the job, they should fit on either Forum. BTW you want to go to the Air page and search for stem info from there. I just tried it, without other restrictions it returns 200 'hits' (the maximum), way more than I think you were looking for. Our search function is pretty lame, but it will work if you meet it part way.

Good luck with your stem fit problem, many have had it, so far nobody has failed eventually to make it work?

OF

narrowsparrow

I wondered when I was encountering so much resistance if olive oil might not be helpful. But I didn't want to try it without asking first. Thanks for the tip, OF. I have no problem with the shorter stem, but that long one is giving me issues. However, it's only fair to mention that I have very arthritic hands, so I may not have the strength.

I've ordered stems from them before with no problem, but the last two I ordered (2 short ones) came back as one long and one short. I wrote to see if I could exchange the long one; they were kind enough to just let me keep the long one. Then I got (within four days!) another long and a short. ??? One of the short ones is apparently on vacation, so I just have this long one that I am wrestling with. And the short one currently in use.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Would love to try that Solo !!, but it's not sounding very portable?

Top Bottom