1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. zeebudz

zeebudz Member

Ya, it fits nicely. All is well. After I got the feel of inserting the stem into the Air (while cold) I've come to like the tight fit. Guess I was just used to my very loose fitting Solo stems.

BigJr48 likes this.
  2. geemayn

geemayn New Member

hey guys i got my arizer air and its pretty dang nice i gotta say

i noticed though if you hold the power button for a good amount of time both lights will turn white... what is that? im guessing like a developer mode or something?

3. mag76

mag76 New Member

I have now used two of these cables and cannot get them to work. It will charge the battery at first but then, the flashing green light turns to a red flash. I thought at first, it was a bad cable but have tried two with the same result. Any advice? Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Interesting. A length problem showed up with another cable (from EBay IIRC) it was a bit too short for reliable contact (Air intentionally tries to block the same size, but shorter, connector used with Solo at 12 Volts, fatal to the Air almost certainly? Here's the photo of that:
    [​IMG]

On top is the factory charger cord for Air, in the middle is the too short aftermarket one. At the bottom is another cable with a 'doughnut' sliced off the rubber part. Easy to do with a utility knife or razor blade. Slice down to the metal and slip the doughnut off? The tape is to keep the cut square.

Think that might be it? I just dug out what I'm sure is mine from a couple years ago (it still works....). I've been using a white one I got somewhere since it's easier to spot in the pile of loose cables at the charging station. I've given that link out dozens of times, this is the first 'bounce'.....I wonder if something in the cable or Air has changed????

Good luck, please keep us posted?

OF

5. mag76

mag76 New Member

I saw that problem. It felt like it engaged fine stock, but I cut it back as your picture shows. Still same result. I chocked it up to a defective cable, so I ordered a second one. I cut that one down as well with the same result. I ordered from the link you provided. There are reviews in the listing of people having success with their airs.
    What does the flashing red light mean on the air? Thanks for the fast response.

6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Not much to the cable to go wrong except fit on the Air end I think. For sure not two in a row. As long as there's a bit of a gap under the shoulder when plugged in you're Jake.

Not sure about flashing red, generally that's a fault. Maybe the USB voltage is a bit high/low? Have you tried other sources? Maybe a dicey battery or contact????

It charges normally with the provided charger?

TIA

OF

lookhigh likes this.
  7. mag76

mag76 New Member

Yea it charges fine with oem charger. Behaves the same with two different oem batteries. Air is only a few months old. I tried a few different usb plugs including oem apple.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    OF likes this.
  8. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I didn't think the air would charge straight off a usb connection. Can it?

OF likes this.
  9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Sure can. At least for all but one of us.....for the time being. Arizer thinks so, too, they'll sell you a cable like this with a 'bargain priced' auto to USB converter at a not so low price:
    https://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Car-Charger-p/arz.air-102_car.htm

I've been using this scheme (USB port) for so long I'm no longer sure where the factory charger is.

Solo is, of course, a different case. It uses 12 Volts not five.

OF

10. JoeKickass

JoeKickass Well-Known Member

Happy 4/20 Everyone!

I went to Golden Gate park in SF and had a great time with my Arizer Air, ran two batteries flat, vaped right in front of at least 8 police!

Even though I was surrounded by huge joints, the Air had the best flavor and blew clouds with the best of them!

I had a great time, there was food, music, and I saw this cool cat:

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/events/450268802031884/?active_tab=discussion

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  11. debaserrrrr

debaserrrrr Well-Known Member

I've got an Air coming soon. Where would you guys recommend as a cheap place to grab some screens?

OF likes this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Forget cheap (or get 5/8 inch SS ones from EBay if you insist), you really what a few of these:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/200981331675?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

They are thicker material, molded to shape, and the edges are fused so they hold their shape. When fouled hold them by the edge in 'metal fingers' (like that old roach clip you no longer use?) and 'flame them'. That is heat them with a small torch until they glow.

Then brush off the ash and put them back. The same fellow sells larger and smaller quantities, but 10 should outlast the Air......hard as that is to do?

You can put them in 'dome down' for normal volume loads but with the advantage that since the screen doesn't sit against the glass partition (with the glass blocking most of the screen so it fouls very fast) and go a long time between cleanings or 'dome up' which cuts the load size roughly in half (about what most of us need for a single session).

Forget cheap, this is the time to spend a whole dollar for what is a superior product.

OF

13. debaserrrrr

debaserrrrr Well-Known Member

Thanks, will do!

BigJr48 and OF like this.
  14. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

Also pick up a PVHES stem from planetvape.ca for much better airflow.
    Highly recommended!!!

15. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

After literally hundreds of dollars worth of PVHES (reg, turbo, vortex etc etc) stuff I find that the OG Solo bent stem is my favorite.

16. BigJr48

I haven't tried the bent stem, I've been waiting for PV.ca to restock.

17. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Hey Air fans..... I tried searching for "dimples" here with no hits. I'm just curious what the 2016/17 Air is like for airflow with the new dimples in the oven? Is there is a big difference compared to without?

BigJr48 likes this.
  18. BigJr48

It would be nice to see a new version of the Air with the new dimples for better air flow but for now dimples can only be found in the Solo 2.:)

19. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

I just got one with "dimples" after replacing the unit I bought a couple months after they came out. I swear it feels smaller than I remember but I doubt the dimentions have changed. I was sad to see it did not come with the smaller stem with a tip but then again, I don't remember if it ever did? I'll probably pick up the 60mm stems if I can't find ones that are smaller, I feel like they make a difference in stealthy situations.

Over all I'm super happy I replaced my old favorite. The lights are a little different (origional white looks like purple now) and the airflow/ cloud production is awesome, Probably better than my last unit. I love doing a 10 min session on low and finishing it off later at level 4. It makes a little herb go a long way and keeps flavor tasty for a while.

Edit: A thought concerning the dimples, I always keep the stem a hair off the heater when in use anyway, so I'm curious how much the dimples help in that situation?

20. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

As @HSIHP said, raise the stem of the oven a little. No need for anything else.

21. BigJr48

I ordered the purple haze one.

22. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

As @HSIHP and I indicated, the newer Airs do have the dimples my friend, it's not just on the new Solo 2.

I used to just raise the stem a bit, but with the Air it's so tight (giggity!) that it made very little difference IME. Then again, I noticed a somewhat different airflow with the Air, it felt better than my Solo in one way, but worse in another (due to the tight seal). Vapour was slightly more diluted with my Airs than the Solo.

I wonder if the new Solo's (1) will also get these newer style ovens with dimples, but my guess would be yes.

BigJr48 likes this.
  23. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

IIRC all Arizer portable vapes (Solo 1&2 and Air) have dimples.

If looking for a Solo 1 or Air, check with the retailer to confirm you have the newest model (with dimples)

BigJr48 and biohacker like this.
  24. BigJr48

I bought the PVHES stems from PV to help manage with airflow issue.

25. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

No airflow issue here, I'm very satisfied with the stock stems. That said I do have a shorty PVHES that I find perfect for smaller sessions.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors