1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. abby

abby Member

Yeah, I thought it was just me or my luck with quality control, but every single arizer stem I have bought from arizer over the last 3 years has been progressively more and more restricted.

I recommended my friend to buy the arizer air earlier, and the stems that he got in the box were so tight and so restrictive that I almost felt bad for giving him the bad purchase advice.

GetLeft likes this.
  2. TomC1315

TomC1315 Well-Known Member

First big purchase since July/August of 2015 - my intro to vaping: The Arizer EQ and then the Air :-)

GravLabs' 9" upright bubbler ... It took me a few days to figure out not to push the plastic stock tip down into the 14mm opening (hoping to achieve an airtight pathway). For the past few days, as a result, I've been trying to decide on which Gong (PVHES reg. or turbo? , Arizer's Gong ?, the one I saw for $15 ?)

Turns out that the stock tip works just fine if I rest/balance the Air on the WT ! The little bit of air that passes through gets the vapor flowin' and provides a much more comfortable draw.

Super smooth hits ... white (374*F/190*C) setting ... .15g loosely packed and dried out a little bit beforehand gets me 3 (maybe 4) sessions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^^^^^^^^^^^Looks like I finally found a place for the plastic tipped stem to rest :-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    Skyscraper, RUDE BOY, OF and 2 others like this.
  3. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I've heard the PVHES stems have gone through some changes, I haven't bought a GonG lately for the Air but I always liked the PVHES GonGs and stems from @PlanetVape. They have good products and cs. I've never gotten a broken stem or GonG and I've ordered from them at least a half a dozen times. They have j hooks for $19.99. I suggest everyone get one of those. They work well with many different units. I have the 18mm size. Most my GonG are that size.

[​IMG]
    I'm using an @Ed's TnT wooden GonG with my j hook. It has a turquoise inlay. This pic was taken a while back. I use my GonG with my Solo too.

My AA is my road trip vaporizer when we take the RV out. This unit is discreet enough to use on walking trails if using the small mouthpiece. This GonG works well as a mouthpiece. No draw resistance.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
  4. disruptxd

disruptxd Active Member

Have you guys ever used pipe cleaners to clean the heat chamber? I feel as if the gunk that is in my chamber can only be removed by something of that sort.. it's stuck onto the metal. I'm afraid the pipe cleaners would be abrasive and scratch the heat chamber.

5. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I would heat up your oven and turn it up side down and use a q-tip with a little ISO.

I've heard folks using the Mr. Clean scrubber. Just make sure nothing gets into the holes on the bottom, make sure liquid doesn't go into the electrical parts underneath.

I would turn the unit up side down. Use a little piece of the mr clean scrubber. Then use some ISO to get any residue. If the stain does interfere with the taste I wouldn't worry.

BigJr48 and TomC1315 like this.
  6. disruptxd

disruptxd Active Member

does the Mr Clean scrubber not fall apart (powder ) when scraping against something? Cause the way the arizer heat chamber is set up, the holes would chafe the scrubber.

7. canary

canary Member

So, back here talking about the top-cap on the Arizer Air. Long story short, I moved stateside and didn't want to take the vape with me over the border. Gave it to a friend. My GF is still at home and is now into the herbage courtesy of her visit to CA (starting her journey with a free vape, how nice of a guy am I), so I arranged for my friend to pass the vape onto her. Well, the top cap is now gone. And I really wanted to keep it on the device, as I'll probably end up arranging to mail it to myself sans stems (probably replace those to be safer) when we plan to move in together south of the border.

God, I miss this vape. Been combusting ever since I moved here and it's just not nearly as enjoyable for me. I'd buy another AA but I'm moving to NY permanently in about a couple months time.

Anyways, here is the answer to a question I posed about workaround replacements for the top-cap sometime last year (thank you OF). I believe I asked this question because my top-cap popped off but I managed to get it back on (wasn't easy, mind you).

Two-parter here:

1. Does Arizer sell replacement top-caps? Are there aftermarket replacements?
    2. Are there any other ideas other than what OF listed that you've found to work for this purpose?

Pretty upset about it getting lost as it gave me some sort of sanity that no foreign objects would enter into the device, especially when it's in a jacket pocket or whatnot. But, I guess that's what happens when you pass things off like this.

8. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

@canary do you mean the silicone cap that covers the chamber? Or do you mean the large plastic black piece that covers the heater? If its the silicone an easy solution would be to always leave a stem in place - it is a ecig look alike after all

9. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

That is why I suggested (here or Solo thread) recently to do it upside down to lessen the chance that pieces will clog the holes.

10. Smokey McVape

Smokey McVape Peace. Love. Unity.

Hey Carol, I have the same J hook as you and have just ordered a GonG. I cannot wait to try it out with my AA looks great.

OF likes this.
  11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

You don't have to feel alone there, lots of us watch what the Lady uses and copy her in the hopes folks will confuse us for her and being wise and all.

Hasn't worked for me so far, but there is still hope..........

OF

Smokey McVape and Mainoffender like this.
  12. DreamHaze

DreamHaze Psychonaughty

The only thing i miss from the Solo after switching over to the Air, is the 2nd heat level.
    I used to use that setting whenever i was sick and didn't want my sore throat getting too irritated by hot vapor.

Now i just take longer, slower draws on the first air level with deeper breathes in between along with alot of water and tea.

Strawberry shortcake helping me ignore the pain somewhat now

GetLeft and WeedyGirl1979 like this.
  13. Mainoffender

Mainoffender Well-Known Member

Thinking I might go Solo too after seeing the video Planet Vape just posted of the new Solo.
    Click to play YouTube Video

14. jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr Well-Known Member

I want a release date...

15. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

16. lovecrush

lovecrush http://goo.gl/EsKJzJ

How I'm enjoying my air these days:

[​IMG]

17. Faolan

Faolan Active Member

18. Hafuku

Hafuku New Member

Does adding a HT make the draw any better?

19. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

What is a HT?

OF likes this.
  20. Hafuku

Hafuku New Member

I'm talking about the water attachment in a previous post by @lovecrush

I've had the air for a year and I'm over sucking threw a straw. Time for an upgrade i think

21. Coal Cracker

Coal Cracker New Member

Does the water tools lessen the effect or flavor of the medicine? Is the amount of thc & cannabinoids absorbed, the same as when vaped dry?

OF likes this.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

You asked two questions (at least I think you did):

Does a WT change (lessen) the effect?
    Does a WT change the taste?

The answers are, I think, no and yes respectively. At least in the general sense.

The more the vapor contacts the water (more fine bubbles rather than a few big ones) more of the 'light stuff' that gives taste is removed. THC and the other stuff we need for MMJ are not effected to a practical degree (don't drink the water.......).

Vapor is also cooled and moisture is added, both can be very important factors. Either of them alone improves the experience without effecting the drug content. Combined the effect can be large.

It's not a simple thing, the changes vary, you really need to experiment and find what suits you.

Regards,

OF

23. Coal Cracker

Coal Cracker New Member

@OF Thank you

biohacker and OF like this.
  24. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

Some people over on reddit are speculating that the one promo vid may actually be referring to the Air 2.

@Coal Cracker as for water, @OF summed it up well, but i'd also add that in addition to moisture and cooling, water also filters well. I pretty much exclusively use water tools, I can handle much bigger hits and it feels way better for me, but I will admit that it can rob potency and flavour.

Coal Cracker, WeedyGirl1979 and OF like this.
  25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I agree with combustion there's stuff to 'filter out' (one of the reasons bong water has the reputation for being foul?), but not so much with vapor?

And I don't believe water removes THC any more than water removes it from bubble hash or bud you're washing for taste/smell reasons. THC just doesn't dissolve in water, it won't get trapped. If it did, you could get off drinking the water from your bubbler, right? The water won't have destroyed the THC (like too much heat can) it would be there waiting for you?

In the end I think the best plan is for each guy to check it out personally? It can make it easier to get fat hits for sure.

Regards to all.

OF

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors