1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

It depends on quantity. If you have enough resin/reclaim you don't need to do anything except to concentrate the ethanol to make it strong enough.

I make an AVB tincture for sleep and I usually add the reclaim just to make it strong enough so it can be dosed by drops not ounces.

Someone who vapes a LOT may decide to dab any visible reclaim or just make a Green Dragon Tincture.

Here is where I learned about tinctures. You don't need to read the whole 700+ pages. There is an index. https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/another-tincture-thread-try-it-youll-like-it.1102315/

Receptor, DramaLV and OF like this.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Or you can vape that reclaim. Put it on some cotton, load the vape, crank up the heat and hang onto your hat. Our own @Vitolo is famous for this. He's a wise guy you know?

OF

Receptor and sickmanfraud like this.
  3. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Please oh wise one, what is the difference with what I said? Is a dab by definition (0 knowledge or experience with concentrates) not done in or with a vape?

I am not being sarcastic, just curious.

Besides, @ataxian likes it when I ask good questions.

KNOWLEDGE=CIVILIZED

OF likes this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

As I understand it a dab is a bit of concentrate on a stick of some sort (metal or glass usually?) that is "dabbed" onto a super heated surface and instantly flashes to vapor. Like glowing hot. You need a very serious electrical heater or (more often) a largish Butane torch to get enough heat built up so you have time to put the fire down and pick up the stylus, guys often judge temperature by holding their hands over the 'nail', you have to have a lot of heat stored so it can evaporate the entire dab in one go. It takes a special built 'oil rig', a normal vape won't do it since there's no way to introduce the stylus with the dab nor is the surface super heated (generally limited to about 430F?).

I think it's safe to say you need that special 'oil rig' to be 'doing dabs'???

Lots of ways to use concentrates. Including the screens, pads and cartridges designed specifically for such use in the herb vapes we know and love. In fact, some carts use cotton to absorb the goods. You can treat such things as 'concentrated herb', getting a more or less normal series of hit (although often more potent or long lived). Dabs are gone in a heartbeat once the concentrate hits the hot metal or glass. You have to be ready to suck it up or it'll spill out into the room before you can stop it.

While it's easy to prove I'm a wise guy, I'm not so sure you can back that 'wise one' thing up. For that you need true luminaries like our @Vitolo, inventor of the 'cotton ball reclaim trick'. "Sage of the High Desert" you know.......

BTW, he too is not a big fan of the big bucks Japanese organic cotton the purists favor (like I am). In fact he's known to pull the end off Q-tips when he thinks nobody is looking. By all means buy the expensive stuff if you want, or it makes you feel safer, but for me the stuff plucked out of the vitamin bottle will do just fine. FWIW I've never seen a credible 'paper' to back up any safety concerns about pesticides and such. Your call, as always.

OF

sickmanfraud likes this.
  5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

:uhoh:

Faolan, jpdnkstr and OF like this.
  6. Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey Active Member

u guys are ok putting cotton in an Air with reclaim? Im up for it, just dont want to run my unit

OF likes this.
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Not to worry, LOTS of us do it. The 'trick' is to be sure there's enough cotton around it to soak up any 'leaks' when the concentrate melts. Not fatal if you goof up that way, but it stays tidy if you do.

Be very sure you're using pure cotton, many of the blends (even medical grades) have plastics that can melt or off gas at vaping temperatures, unlike cotton.

Sometimes you need ore heat than normal, be ready to kick it up a step or two to keep production going.

OF

AJS likes this.
  8. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

I have a bunch of LG HG2 (maybe HE2, they are the browns with 3000mah and 20A discharges) would those work ok in this? An AA may be something up my alley....

BigJr48 and OF like this.
  9. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

OF likes this.
  10. OF

OF Well-Known Member

They might, but it's not recommended. Mechanical fit can be an issue, for example. It's mighty tight in there. Not all 18650s even fit, some that do are too long to allow the cap to be screwed fully down (which can cause contact problems, even damaging the spring loaded pin.

And it voids your warranty.

IMO you really only need at most one spare? I have one to support 3 (or 4?) Airs and very seldom use that one. Ten bucks to be sure, I think this is a bad time to get cheap? You can also get a 'power bank' to recharge as needed when away, which is also useful for other tasks? It is a USB chargeable device with a cheap cable you know like this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQCMRJ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Your call, but I have piles of 18650s from various projects around, like I said I bought a spare from PIU and recommend you do likewise. Well, OK, not necessarily from PIU but stick with the 'factory battery', one of the experts on such things, CentiZen, did a lot of testing and research and decided that exact 18650 was the best available for the duty and long life........Arizer made an educated Engineering decision, who'd have thought?

OF

CarolKing and HellsWindStaff like this.
  11. Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey Active Member

Ill just keep using my firefly2 for concentrates. Havent tried reclaim yet with it but Im sure itll be fun!

CarolKing likes this.
  12. HellsWindStaff

HellsWindStaff Dharma Initiate

Thanks for info :)

That's a bummer though - this is not something I need in the slightest but thought it would be a cool addition to the collection, since I have a ton of 18650's from the MVT and Milaana. I guess yeah it's only $10 for the extra battery but I personally hate having to do that, to buy a proprietary battery for only one specific device. That's a chief reason I haven't gotten a Haze or a GH either so it's not Arizer's fault :lol: just my own personal complaint. The Solo II may be more up my alley as I actually dig big capacity with full days of charge more than swappable smaller capacities.

sickmanfraud, CarolKing and OF like this.
  13. BigJr48

BigJr48 Well-Known Member

They fit perfect and perform better than stock.

Coal Cracker and HellsWindStaff like this.
  14. zeebudz

zeebudz Member

Just a general shout out to Arizer. My kid was bugging me to buy my Solo and I finally acquiesced. So I just bought an Air which I LOVE (except for the tightness of the stem; as the instructions say, the unit really needs to be warm before it can be inserted or removed.) Also have an Extreme Q which is also most excellent.

Shit, guess I'm just an Arizer Fanboy.

15. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Funny isn't it, some guys love Air for just that reason (death grip on the stem). "Takes all kinds to make a horse race" as the saying goes?

I've found some stems are harder to fit than others. Usually the problem is they are out of round to some extent as well. You can feel it even rolling the stem in your finger tips and 'feeling' the mouth of the bowl. Even a few thousandths, hard to feel, can make an individual stem easier to insert 'one way' than another (that is with a different part 'started in first'). Usually it gives you a 'high spot' or two on the mouth, stems that are 'dead round' seem to fit easier I think.

And of course there are smaller stems (easier to fit) and the seals will wear in some, though they won't the single one in Solo does (I suspect that is part of the design in Solo?). I have a 70mm Air stem that has fit all the Airs I've tried (4?). After some (enjoyable) use, other stems were easier to deal with. Until then you know the drill.....

And not to worry about that Arizer fan thing. If you look around you'll notice you're not alone.........

Regards to all on a rainy Saturday morning.

OF

GetLeft and HellsWindStaff like this.
  16. BigJr48

@zeebudz, @OF plantvape.ca sell stems for the Air/Solo that provide great airflow.

OF likes this.
  17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yep, sure do. PVHES, discussed here 'bouts a fair bit. 200 'hits' searching for "PVHES" on this thread alone, no doubt more on Solo? And they come at a couple of levels (including 'turbo' with the partition punched out). Also WTAs with and without vents. All guys interested should try them, IMO. I think, however, it's safe to say that most of us who did came back to factory stems?

They're probably more useful with Air since Air doesn't allow you to tip the stem to control flow.

You need to remember, however, they are not magic. Less restriction doesn't mean bigger clouds, just less restriction and, ironically, less dense clouds. Less dense. This is a conduction vape, air pulled in is cold and actually robs heat that would otherwise make vapor (less pounds of THC delivered per minute). It is more dilute, but easier to get to? Since heat has to be conducted in so fast, vapor can only be made up to the rate that is determined by that flow. Any calories taken to heat the incoming air subtracts from that production.

Watch 'the pros' when the "milk" or "chalk" a WT full of lovely, very dense, vapor. Notice they draw very slowly, no faster that vapor can be produced to do this? Then dump the contents in one big hit. Now you know why.......

Thanks for the tip, but PVHES has been with us a while, some really like them, most I think came to pass on the idea for one reason or another.

OF

18. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Does anyone here know if it's possible to get one of the air/solo bubbler mouthpieces and Black stems they sell at VapoShop.com here in the U.S.A. since VapoShop doesn't ship here at this time? (makes one wonder why they show the price in $ USD when you can't get it shipped here.)

I've searched as much as I can online and can't find another source for these stems.

Thanx.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    OF and BigJr48 like this.
  19. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

@RUDE BOY This is from @PlanetVape. Kinda spendy. Maybe DHgate has a knock off. Even a Pinnacle Pro Micro shower knock off water tube. @OF had a little glass tool that he used a while back.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Nibbler X Micro Bubbler

$118.99

Edit
    I don't have a nibbler.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
    RUDE BOY, Jimiblues, OF and 2 others like this.
  20. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Thanks for the reply @CarolKing, but I was really looking for one of the bubbler stems to keep it all one piece so as to make transport easier.

How does the nibbler x attach to the Air?

GetLeft likes this.
  21. BigJr48

I enjoy these stems better than stock because they're easier on the throat and besides I enjoy more of a flavored hit than a huge milky cloud.

OF and GetLeft like this.
  22. zeebudz

zeebudz Member

Thanks BigJr48 (typo though, planetvape.ca). Interesting how the fit on the Air is completely different than my Solo. The stem in the Solo fits quite loosely while the Air is super tight. But neither has given me any problem with draw or airflow.

GetLeft and BigJr48 like this.
  23. BigJr48

The stems fit perfect on the Air it also comes with a O'ring for the Solo along with instructions. You can buy a pack of screens for the stem and extra O'ring.

GetLeft likes this.
  24. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

I'm as enamored of the Air as the next guy. But there does seem to be anecdotal evidence (mine included) that some recently purchased stems fit too tightly, even some bought directly from Arizer. While it's smart not to let that get too much in the way of enjoying the Air, it's probably ok too to say it if you notice it. That way our friends at Arizer might make some adjustments.

BigJr48 likes this.
  25. BigJr48

@GetLeft
    Today I received my second PVHES stem and it fits perfect, same as the first on my Air.
    The airflow problem has been fixed with the new Solo 2, hopefully a new Air 2 will follow soon with the increased airflow.
    [/QUOTE]

GetLeft likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors