makiiie

I cap 'em to keep the ABV in along with the smells:
WgOYSb5.jpg

Arizer has started selling appropriate caps (be careful about temperature ratings.....), I got a pair with my new Solo II.

The caps I use are high temperature vinyl (500F for ten minutes?) and hard, so I cut them to half length with a razor blade. The other end is a normal (low temp) cap with some silicone tube for a gasket. A longer gasket is used for the all glass stems on that end. Both caps are 1/2 inch nominal size, the tube is 3/8 ID, 1/2OD. The caps come from McMaster Carr, the tube from US Plastics (although M/C no doubt has it as well).

This scheme lets me pull a hot stem, cap it and get it in my shirt pocket faster than it takes to read about.

OF

How many days can you store it like this in between uses in order to prevent any mold and other stuff?

makiiie,
Reactions: OF

OF

How many days can you store it like this in between uses in order to prevent any mold and other stuff?

I have never had a problem of any sort, really. I load them and they can sit for a long time before use. If I use one, I usually finish it soon after and reload but sometimes I find them that 'got away' weeks before.

Then again, I cure my bud well, soggy weed might be another case.

Try it, I tried a lot of options before settling on this, I think you'll like it. A key point is either get high temp materials or wait until is dead cold, hot vinyl can out gas some stuff your liver doesn't want you to get involved with.

Regards.

OF

OF,
Reactions: BigJr48

sickmanfraud

Question, just got my arizer air and im wondering how do you guys store the glass tips in between use if you dont fully vape the herb.

I would like to take 3-4 rips and then not use it until 1-2 days later. Is it safe to take the glass tip with packed herb and store in a Ziploc bag? Im worried it might get moldy or waste the herb.

Tnx.

I would suggest that you only put in enough medicine for one session at a time. In my experience putting a partially vaped stem away for the next day makes for a pretty foul tasting second session.

Also, I keep stems loaded in the boxes that 18650 batteries are usually stored in. Since you are a new member here, I will repeat what happened to me a while back.

I had an 18650 battery in the same case as a black tipped Air stem with a screen in the stem, but no medicine. The screen got out of the stem and got the battery to arch. Fortunately I did not cause a fire.

Learn from my mistake, if you mix stems and 18650 batteries: 1. Make sure battery is FULLY covered by the vinyl. 2. If you use screens cap the stem, even if empty.

OF

How this can happen exatly? why can a screen bring a battery to arch? (or fire?)

At the top. That's where it happens typically. Check out how close the positive metal is to the shell (which is negative). Literally across the seal at the crimp. There's usually fairly good protection by way of gaps and insulators, but 'skinny' conductors like a screen can get in much easier than the keys or change can. A few strands of the screen slipping under the plastic (with the bulk of the screen resting on the positive terminal) can make the sun come up in your pocket.

In 'lucky' accidents the shorting metal is blown away, worst case is things like screen that can get welded in place and hang on like grim death getting hotter and hotter and doing the same to Mister Battery.

Bad karma, for sure.

OF

KidFated.

Unknown Member
At the top. That's where it happens typically. Check out how close the positive metal is to the shell (which is negative). Literally across the seal at the crimp. There's usually fairly good protection by way of gaps and insulators, but 'skinny' conductors like a screen can get in much easier than the keys or change can. A few strands of the screen slipping under the plastic (with the bulk of the screen resting on the positive terminal) can make the sun come up in your pocket.

In 'lucky' accidents the shorting metal is blown away, worst case is things like screen that can get welded in place and hang on like grim death getting hotter and hotter and doing the same to Mister Battery.

Bad karma, for sure.

OF
sort of funny story, I leave work one beautiful winter day and its like a full on blizzard, well I had my Air and some batteries in my pockets and decided i'd stop for a water at a convenience store, well I threw my change in my pocket and got back into my car, I pull onto the highway and my leg starts to BURN, I have no idea whats going on and reach into my pocket to find a scalding hot battery, without even thinking I whipped it out my passenger window.... sucks that I threw it into the ditch and not properly recycled but I didn't really have much choice.

KEEP BATTERIES AND YOURSELF SAFE!

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
Question, just got my arizer air and im wondering how do you guys store the glass tips in between use if you dont fully vape the herb.

I would like to take 3-4 rips and then not use it until 1-2 days later. Is it safe to take the glass tip with packed herb and store in a Ziploc bag? Im worried it might get moldy or waste the herb.

Tnx.
i just leave the stem in the vape. But i usually finish the bowl

Modnote: Edited to remove reply from quote tags

Last edited by a moderator:
Faolan,

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
Why'd I have to go all the way to page 3 for one of the best portable vapes ever????

Looks like a solo2 styled bowl on your newly repaired air. Interesting. Curious to hear what everyone else thinks.

I posted about this (with pictures) last year after I got my warranty replacement. The airflow is definitely better this way. With the older style I would have to lift the stem 1mm up to get the same airflow.

Last edited by a moderator:

MeditativeMind

*Insert 'custom title' here*
Welcome to the club. Lots of Sisters and Brothers here already. The line forms at the rear........

One of the regulars will contact you to teach you the secret hand sign and explain the creed. Until then let's try to keep this our little secret?

Regards to all.

OF

Noooooo... spread the word! I want Arizer to make a version 2 like they did with the extremely popular Solo

Hmmmm.. what would I change?

Maybe a digital display for precision temp control. Maybe slightly stealthier. That's about it. This thing is nearly perfect as is.

BigJr48

Noooooo... spread the word! I want Arizer to make a version 2 like they did with the extremely popular Solo

Hmmmm.. what would I change?

Maybe a digital display for precision temp control. Maybe slightly stealthier. That's about it. This thing is nearly perfect as is.

Don't forget better airflow...

OF

Don't forget better airflow...

And longer battery life. And cheaper. And unbreakable stems. And more colors. And lower cost, no wait I said that.

And a pony of my own, and a cowboy gun with real bullets. And a weekend in Cabo with the Raiderette of my choice........

OF

LabPong

Greetings all....old veteran just turned over to vaporizing. After less than 2 weeks of use, I seem to have a problem with either a tiny dry particle from the stem fell into the little holes in the oven area and it is slightly burning off....or charring that particle under the oven area? Or maybe something inside broke or other and it is smelling very faintly like off gassing...or its just the dry particle that is logged in somewhere and I can not really clean it any better than with 91 iso and a q-tip.

I am worried and will not use it now....which is a problem because I have no backup to get my daily med dose.

I do not recall if there was a hot smell when it is heated up prior to putting the stem on ..? I didn't recall this after using it a short time.

Please let me know if your units have any at all "hot smell" or something like that. I feel like i need to send back for service/repair possibly. I have put it through about 6-8 cycles on white to red.....to burn off anything......and it is not changed much. Though is is fainter smelling ....it is still there. 8-(

OF

Greetings all....old veteran just turned over to vaporizing. After less than 2 weeks of use, I seem to have a problem with either a tiny dry particle from the stem fell into the little holes in the oven area and it is slightly burning off....or charring that particle under the oven area?

Please let me know if your units have any at all "hot smell" or something like that. I feel like i need to send back for service/repair possibly.

This is quite normal. Not to worry. As you've figured out there's no way to prevent bits from going down the holes, some guys have found a teaspoon or more of such 'leaked herb' below the oven. Happens in Solo too (of course......same basic system). You can unscrew the cap/cover over the heater (be careful it can stick and you can 'cross thread' it going back on) and blow/shake most of the herb residue out.

You're indeed perceptive I think, not everyone notices this, especially so soon on. Caution/concern about new gear and experiences is a good thing as well, many don't think twice (especially if they can fall back on 'I read it on the web'.

Failures that would lead to 'hot smells' that don't belong there would no doubt prevent normal operation. The very fact that you can turn it on, select a temperature and have it go to that temperature in a reasonable manner proves there is nothing wrong with the electronics and the fact that the heater attains and maintains correct temperature says the heater and it's sensor are working.

It's a pity you don't have a back up so you can send it in if you wish for confirmation from the factory that all is well. I suggest you fix that situation ASAP, going back to blazing should you be come 'vapeless' somehow is not a good plan. You could get a Solo or something like Air of course, but I suggest something low cost but fun to use anyway (so you'll use it as a 'change of pace'?). Something different but worthy of investigation? Perhaps one of the Vapor Genies? Or a personal favorite, VapMan. Both are non electric portables, powered by Butane lighters usually. Some fear the VGs fearing either 'the taste' of the Butane or fear it's evil health effects (neither of which is real by scientific test....) as it heats the heat exchanger so it can heat the incoming air (true convection....). If you're among them, consider the VM. IMO a very neat vape, hand made in Switzerland, where you heat a gold plated Copper mass (shut the fire off.....) then hit it on the stored heat in the Copper. Zero chance of any 'toxic Butane' problems. Both are under $100 if you look around some. Both have big threads here filled with happy owners.

Short answer? I see no reason not to enjoy your Air, I sure overlook 'overcooked herb' smells in mine. And consider a backup for a host of reasons?

Best wishes and congratulations on dumping blazing for vaping. You save a ton of money (like 3/4 of your former bill?), smell less and get to live longer to enjoy it all. Tough combination to argue against?

OF

LabPong

OF thanks for the reply and info. Yes I am now 110% committed to NO FLAMES of any kind!

Normally my sense of smell and taste are very high and sensitive, so this is something I have had even more of a clearing of only after 2 weeks quitting flame usage. Now when I smell someone smoking a cigarette my senses are even more acquit. Unbelievable how clean I am starting to feel....and lung capacity is getting better quickly.....WIN WIN BABY ! And wow....talk about savings....your totally right. I am guessing I have 60% more efficiency and my meds will last so much longer now.

Yes I did unscrew the black vented cap over the oven and got a few particles out of that area. Must be from my first few days of use when I used it without it being upside down in my water unit. Only way to fly for me, I can't seem to handle the stock stems or even the longer bent one I purchased with it. So I am only using it inside right now. Not sure if that will change in the future or not as I get used to the process and my throat gets more used to it. Not much of a prob, just the first few times I used it and got to know it...I was using too high of a temp at the end of the session and the herbs were not dry enough. So the first few days I had a issue where my throat was stressed, not sore....just felt like I was yelling at a concert for hours and had limited voice strength for a week.

One thing I really enjoy about the air is the size, I surely do not want anything bigger for using on a water device. I have a nice old skool toker2 and got a D020-2 in the mean time. My toker2 blows away anything I have ever tried at this point...even tons better than the D020 one. Why they do not use carbs anymore is beyond me....sucks to pull joints apart to clear the chamber...makes for a totally kludgy hit and not smooth with my breathing pattern. But that is ok...I have glass drill bits...haaaa As soon as I can get another type from dhgate....I will drill out the D020 and make it work correctly. :)

I have had this since the late 80's. Now triple the price...

toker2%20a_zpse77toyog.jpg

Using a 6 slot stem end and it works much better than a non vented end. I just need to find a stem that is really short on the top with only a 14mm off the lower stem section. That should move the arizer about another 1.5 inches lower and better to handle....though not really bad at all now..just odd feeling.

OF

OF thanks for the reply and info. Yes I am now 110% committed to NO FLAMES of any kind!

You're welcome. You might try blowing down through the heater with the cover off, often that flushes bits out from inside you can't otherwise get to.

FWIW I suggest you rethink that 'no fire in my life of any kind for any reason'. It's combustion of cannabis that's important. Burning Butane to get heat to run your vape, provided it's done correctly, is no bigger a risk that a gas stove in your kitchen or a gas heater in the basement? Or your hot water heater.

It's your call, of course, but I see no logical reason to fear something like VM (where you heat before you hit) any more than the candles on my dinner table. In fact, less since the combustion of the Butane with a proper lighter is much more complete (read 'clean') than wax in the candle?

Not all combustion is evil automatically, in fact sometimes I think it's an advantage. After all 'use of fire' is one of the classic differences that separates us from lesser species? Just do it carefully, and that doesn't mean stuffing burning leaves in you mouth and sucking in. "You don't have to stick your face in the campfire to get off" as they say.

Still, in the end you must be personally convinced it's safe to enjoy it? That can be based on things other that hard scientific facts (like burning Butane is not toxic) of course.

Your call, you asked for opinions, I've given mine.

Best wishes,

OF

LabPong

Thanks again....oh yea.....I meant that comment with flame to be in regards to the ignition of the herbs, not using flame in other ways. But with that said, I understand that the flame has nothing to do with any combustion or intake with those types. I'm not interested in the vape M type units that you torch the end and then create a vapor. I only use in my home but I still like the ease of use and how nice the arizer air works....especially for the price.

I did take that upper black cover piece off and used air to blow through the oven holes.

LabPong

I'm not much of a gadget guy. One of the more appealing perks of a portable vape for me is its ability to be operated with one hand. The AA can be pretty darn sleek.

GetLeft....Im a gadget guy but only to understand everything and figure out where I need to be...haaa

My one problem I have as a newbie to vaporizing....is that I cant handle using the Air with a regular type mouth piece like they come with. I found it harsh and irritating and I couldn't enjoy the tastes or feeling of the direct dry hot air this way. I had always used water for most all my past combustion uses....

Maybe as my throat and lungs get used to vaporizing....I may get used to it enough for using the stock type stems....? I shall find out maybe in a month or so. But I do feel limited now that I do not use it out of my home. I would love to use it when I'm out in my boat for a afternoon for example.

OF

GetLeft....Im a gadget guy but only to understand everything and figure out where I need to be...haaa

I had always used water for most all my past combustion uses....

A lot to get your arms around for sure. Hang in there, though, guys with a lot less going for them than you seem to have have broken the code here?

A couple of factors are in play hitting a vape past the vapor itself (which can be harsher with one strain than another, even within strains due to growing techniques, just to make it harder to predict). It's kind of a moving target, really.

I'll let you sort out the quality/suitability of your stash but we can poke a bit around the other common issues here, the stuff you breathe (vapor and hot air) is dry and hot compared to normal in addition? Enter water. With vaping there's no need to 'filter out junk', since there's no combustion. "Rancid Bongwater" is a blazing thing. We don't see that here. Some waxes and other stuff get caught but they are minor and not really offensive. Nobody fears old fouled WTs here, more than say dirty dinner dishes.

However water can help with the 'too hot' part and more importantly it can add water back so the hit is not so dry. That's what raises hob with most of us in the end I think. It doesn't take much, but if you don't put water back before you get the hot vapor (and air) you will do so when it drys out your tissues to get that water.......not what we want?

Therefore I suggest you spend another $15 of your hard earned money and try this from our Friend Randy (shipping included):
http://www.puffitup.com/Arizer-Air-Solo-H2O-Filtration-Stem-p/qtqc.solo-bubb.htm

OK, it doesn't look like much but it does a job way out of proportion to it's size. It is a miniature WT with built in traps (yes, that means it doesn't spill). Since we're not combusting the job to do is smaller than with blazing. It woks quite well, really. Here's the same basic thing (made for oil 'vape pens') I use on the FMs (worth considering IMO if you want really small and reliable.....and cheap):
QMRwKnY.jpg

It 'only holds a teaspoon or so' of water, but it's enough, really. Like I said there are traps (you can see the small tube at the top, there's a similar one as the 'third layer' at the bottom), to it doesn't leak when you turn it over to fill then load in the vape. Even in your pocket (within reason, stay off the dance floor.......and out of serious team sports). It even has the 'magic flow improving notches' on the rim that some crave. Fifteen bucks? Do it! Even if you only use it from time to time (which you won't.......) it's the call?

Long enough rant for now, it's a lovely Sunday morning, we can get into cleaning and the other fine points of ownership sometime later. I've a couple more lectures on how you should run your life there as well. As a bit of a teaser, I think I may finally have sorted out the way to run them through the dishwasher with the day's dishes........

Best wishes to all,

OF

Last edited:
Top Bottom