1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. biohacker

biohacker Fucking Combustion Since 2006

There can still be lots of stuff to filter out in terms of particulate IMO. It all depends on the vape and grind, for people that grind fine, it can make a huge difference. My supreme produces globules of vapour boogers in my water/glass...that is pure oil getting trapped. There are threads about it, and I believe the consensus is that it does rob actives, however this is mitigated by being able to take much larger hits.

There is more than THC to the cannabis plant as you know...terpenes are hugely responsible for this "entourage effect" as well as all the other cannabinoids. I literally can see oil films IN my water even after just one use. Something is being trapped, and it's not just the bad stuff.

Exactly...whatever works for you.....and variety is nice, but dry hits are something I just barely rarely do since I can't hit the temps I need comfortably.

I prefer warm water. I also feel it doesn't condense and trap goodies as readily as cold.

And yeah, the bong still stinks foul! But nothing like combustion. The WORST is the smell in the bong from enail extract use. Rivals or worse than combustion smell IMO.

Coal Cracker, ShayWhiteGrow and OF like this.
  2. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

I drink my incycler water after every use. Just like a weed/water shooter:tup:

Edit: then eat the abv:science:

Faolan, jpdnkstr, OF and 1 other person like this.
  3. biohacker

Ah man, you lost me at the edit! lol ABV is the most VILE disgusting substance ever! I made some ABV edibles one time, without a cheesecloth, just used a sieve....OMG.... I literally was throwing up and gagging...however I pretty much needed 911 after that. Bad news lol

So how does the weed/water shooter taste? lol! I can't imagine very good....and do you notice any extra effects more importantly?

BigJr48, jpdnkstr, OF and 1 other person like this.
  4. ShayWhiteGrow

ShayWhiteGrow vAPEhOPPER

I just don't like to waste:D. Abv is like burnt popcorn kernals mmmm. And the water tastes like shit but I just assume there's some active shit in there:shrug:

Faolan, jpdnkstr, OF and 1 other person like this.
  5. biohacker

Nice avatar bro! :tup:

ShayWhiteGrow likes this.
  6. jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr Well-Known Member

:rockon::rockon::rockon::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: now that's hardcore!

Faolan, biohacker, OF and 1 other person like this.
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Moreover I hear he does it without a net!

Some guy's dedication is just past question....... Like our Ataxian and unbroken glass?

OF

8. rz

rz Well-Known Member

:worms:

OK guys, the cat is out of the bag. I really wanted to offer you guys a pre-fabbed silicone cup and some relevant parts, but now you're all going to have to scramble to find some paper coffee cups, old server fans, and baking bags! GO GO GO!! :rockon:

If anyone has the time and skills to get silicone molds made, I've got some sketches somewhere. LMK and I'll be glad to help move this along.. in the meantime, happy modding :D

P.S: General disclaimer. Do this at your own risk. I have no idea how it'll affect your warranty. I've got no concern for warranties in the name of science, and so far my AA is still working perfectly. YMMV.

OF likes this.
  9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I'd suggest sending a PM to either @Pipes or @Ratchett. Either easily has the skills and other resources for this project.......time is perhaps another matter but is perhaps negotiable?

Fun idea, it seems to work well at least sometimes. Some vapes leak air out places like charging ports and safety vents when you try to put positive pressure on the outside, which you can power through of course. Or put the whole vape 'in the bag (tube or jar) like I ended up doing.

Good luck with it.

OF

10. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

Last weekend my Air was stolen out of my backpack at a music festival along with an extra battery and my favorite ed's shorty stem. Such a sad week being without and rather than possibly picking up a new vape this 4/20 I will most likely be replacing what is still my favorite portable.

The jerks also made off with my magic flight ( but left the batteries?!?) and a pen with a few carts but I find myself missing my Air the most. Luckily I still have my Solo to hold me over but it being an older model, it's just not the same. :huh:

Anyway, just wanted to vent and to tell you guys to savor your next session with her. She will be missed...

11. DramaLV

DramaLV Member

Random question but anyone know if I can use my AA batteries with the mist touch vape?

Randy Lahey likes this.
  12. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

The Air batteries are not "strong" enough. The MVT has been tested with higher drain batteries.

DramaLV likes this.
  13. DramaLV

DramaLV Member

Got it no biggie

14. Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey Active Member

Really disenchanted with my FF2. Tried my buddies Air and its awesome. I want one I think but 2 concerns:
    (a) does anyone know how close they are to releasing the AA2 or the AS2?
    (b) how do you all keep the glass mouthpiece clean of resin? Is it hard?

Thanks

OF likes this.
  15. DramaLV

DramaLV Member

Really easy to clean with ISO and as far as I know AS2 is looking like may or June but don't know about the AA2

Randy Lahey likes this.
  16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

The new Solo is probably a month or two out, expect reviewers to have them a week or two before they hit the street? PIU will likely 'have it first' and typically offers Members a discount, I'd follow the Solo thread for that word? There is no announced plans for an Air upgrade.....that's wishful thinking on some Members part. Must be true though, "I read it on the Internet"?

Keeping the straight ones clean is super easy. Buy a 'travel tube' from PV:
    http://www.planetvape.ca/travel-tube.html

This is a soda bottle 'blank' before it's blown to size, ideal fit for the stem (PV sells them for protection). Fill it about 3/4 full of hot tap water with a dash of PBW and give it a five minute 'soak and occasional shake', pour it out and rinse. Use ISO if you insist, but PBW works better, is cheaper, safer (not flammable) and is 'green' (OK to put down the drain).

The key is, I think, to 'keep after it'. Don't let the fouling build up until it's 'too gross to use again'. When 'thin and fresh' it's easy to wash away (with the right technique), 'bake it on good and hard' and it's like cleaning your oven (or leaving it for the landlord to deal with when you move out.....).

I also know guys who put them in the dishwasher, but that's probably not a good long term plan if you value your marriage? Well more than clean stems anyway.........

OF

lookhigh, Randy Lahey and CarolKing like this.
  17. Randy Lahey

excellent tips thanks!

Air users, is there a place to get a smaller glass tube for increasing the stealth-ability of this device? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2017
    CarolKing and OF like this.
  18. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yes, it comes with one. Well, 2 really compared to Solo. Roughly half as long, one style has a plastic tip.

OF

CarolKing and Randy Lahey like this.
  19. Randy Lahey

what is PBW and is it widely available or do I have to order it online? thx

CarolKing likes this.
  20. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

The stems fit tighter in the AA which helps with portability vs the Solo. The owner replaceable batteries keeps you in the drivers seat. Buy as many as you think you will need. Or buy a few and buy some more later because they can be spendy. Also get yourself a good battery charger to speed with battery charges such as a Nitecore. Several good ones on the market. I bought mine through Amazon.

I would suggest not cutting corners and buying different batteries but that's your call. The company advises against it.

WeedyGirl1979, sickmanfraud and OF like this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Powdered Brewery Wash. A purpose built detergent specifically intended to clean the same sort of 'organic junk' out of brewery gear, developed for Coors in fact.

Yes, 'Home Brewing Shops' sell it in small quantities or you can buy it on line:
    https://www.amazon.com/PBW-Five-Sta...3&sr=8-2&keywords=pbw+-+powdered+brewery+wash

Since you use it a gram or so at a time, a pound will clean a LOT of stems.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

With the Lady once again, stick with the factory 18650, some others don't fit (it's tight in there) and can cause other problems. Air is very sensitive to OAL (Over All Length), unlike some others.

Bad time to second guess the maker, IMO this is the only cell to use (I bought official spares, even though I have a big old pile of otherwise good 18650s). Your call, but I too advise steering clear.

OF

22. DramaLV

DramaLV Member

I agree with every word...I suggest starting with 2 batteries. I started with just the one and charging thru the AA now as you can see In my profile pic I now have 3 batteries and a nitecore d2 to charge with. 3 batteries might be overkill for some but I definitely think 2 is a great place to start if you plan on using it daily

lookhigh, OF and CarolKing like this.
  23. NuhJokaSmoka

NuhJokaSmoka Well-Known Member

IMO the best way to clean the stems is making a stem milk.

WeedyGirl1979 and OF like this.
  24. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

I clean my stems as follows:

Clean with Ethanol so the resin can be the base of an AVB tincture (for sleep). Save the "used" ethanol until you have enough to use as the basis of a tincture.

Then to get the stems sparkling I use PBW (I thought the P was for Professional?). Thanks to @OF for the PBW recommendation.

ShayWhiteGrow and OF like this.
  25. DramaLV

DramaLV Member

Why exactly would that make a "base" for the tincure stead of it simply making tincure?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors