Apgir

I saw the Solo was measured having different temperature output depending on serial number. Is that the case with the Air also? And/or is there any info out there on actual readings of the temperature settings - if they match the actual output?

Apgir,

debaserrrrr

I don't need to do a burn off on my domed screens before first use do I?

I plan on running 2 full heat 10m sessions to burn off the Air, that should do it right?

Out for delivery, very excited!

OF

I don't need to do a burn off on my domed screens before first use do I?

I did at first but decided that was overkill. I was torching them to dull red like in cleaning, not some sissy heating to 400F in place........which begs the idea of 'where did the nasty stuff go?'.

Then I simply washed the lot of them in a small vial of ISO, dried them, and let it be. I recommend that over heat.

Your call, of course. If whatever technique gives you peace of mind to enjoy your vape, it's a good one?

OF

OF

Damn this battery for not coming fully charged...stuck waiting for a bit.

Actually, you should be very glad it came at something like 70% charge. If you look into it, storage at 100% charge, especially at higher temperatures, can seriously destroy capacity.
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Notice the discussion about half way down, around table 3. Storing it at controlled temperatures for a year costs you 1/5 of the total capacity? Bad karma I think.

While this is 'industry standard' (delivery at about 2/3 charge), not surprisingly Arizer seems to know what they're doing......still.

Enjoy your Air. For maximum battery life I suggest following the stuff outlined in that BU article. Fully charge before first use. Don't cheat. I recommend 'overcharging' this first time only, say four hours past when it says it's done? This sets the maximum charge that 18650 will ever take, it only degrades slowly over time from there (or faster if you beat it up......).

After that, run it down, enjoy 3 or four sessions before recharging, but try not to 'run it flat' (not at all good for it). Then, if possible/convenient stop the charge a bit early. Notice stopping 10% short (less than half a session) will double the battery cycle life? Stop it another 10%, still less than a whole session, and you get four times as many cycles before it's dead. This is a bigger deal with Solo or other vapes where the owner can easily/cheaply replace the 18650. To that end I built a series of 'Gadgets' to automatically shut down charging, one of which looks like this:
w5O6XvM.jpg

The upper board turns charging on when the button is pushed and monitors the current. When it senses a drop in that (stored peak) current set by the blue 'pot' adjustment above the button it drops charging and beeps the beeper a few times to wake me up. The lower board converts the 12 VDC needed by Solo to 9 as used by FM, Ascent and some others. A similar version drops it to five VDC for Air and a whole hose of vapes and mods that charge from USB ports.

Fun stuff, for those of us that don't get out enough. But you should be happy your 'battery' (really a cell since there's only one of them.....) came partially charged......it's a good thing

OF

debaserrrrr

Well I couldn't hold out for 4 hours of overcharge so I did 15 minutes xD

This thing is incredible. First bowl I packed I had some draw resistance issues, but once I pulled the stem out a bit it was pumping clouds.

I've been dealing with the most disgusting bong rips, I remember now that weed has a taste if you don't ruin it.

How far do you guys pull your stem from the base / etc? What are your methods?

BigJr48

Well I couldn't hold out for 4 hours of overcharge so I did 15 minutes xD

This thing is incredible. First bowl I packed I had some draw resistance issues, but once I pulled the stem out a bit it was pumping clouds.

I've been dealing with the most disgusting bong rips, I remember now that weed has a taste if you don't ruin it.

How far do you guys pull your stem from the base / etc? What are your methods?

Just a hair when using regular stems, I mostly use PVHES stems for better airflow.

BigJr48,

debaserrrrr

EDIT: Check out my DIY vapebong connection:

I bridge the gap with some old silicone tubing that I cut to length

tube wraps around plastic mouthpiece / fits inside this adapter

(it's too wide to fit inside the standard male 14mm)

VgCsMxG.png

Sorry this is a bit off topic but here is my old setup that I've been missing for 3+ years.

Dropped the vape because I was running BHO instead, but I got sick of the hassle of making it, and voila! No vape.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-224#post-387167

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

EDIT: Check out my DIY vapebong connection:

I bridge the gap with some old silicone tubing that I cut to length

tube wraps around plastic mouthpiece / fits inside this adapter

(it's too wide to fit inside the standard male 14mm)

VgCsMxG.png

Sorry this is a bit off topic but here is my old setup that I've been missing for 3+ years.

Dropped the vape because I was running BHO instead, but I got sick of the hassle of making it, and voila! No vape.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-extreme-q-vaporizer.1457/page-224#post-387167

There are Air users here who have had great success using the same air stem you showed but removing the black tip first.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: OF

OF

There are Air users here who have had great success using the same air stem you showed but removing the black tip first.

And some of us use the stem as designed. Notice that the 'wide part' of the plastic base is not square but rounded at the corner and slightly tapered? That's because it's designed to mate directly with 14mm Female GonG connectors.

No adapter needed, really. Clever of Arizer, isn't it? Other makers have done this (TV comes to mind) but they're not always good at telling us, for that we have to tell each other?

OF

debaserrrrr

In my case it doesn't work because I'm stuck with a male. I will probably end up getting something that is easier to use from dhgate.

debaserrrrr,
Reactions: BigJr48

debaserrrrr

No that was before I heard about china glass. Likely got a bit ripped off from Aqua Lab Tech.

You can get a mobius piece for $35 shipped on there :whoa:.

EDIT: which is about 10% of the price on Aqua Lab...

OF

You can get a mobius piece for $35 shipped on there :whoa:.

EDIT: which is about 10% of the price on Aqua Lab...

While AL stuff is really really nice (at least the few I've seen) it's definitely pricey and much in need of protection. For some, it's just not a realistic option given 'the cheap stuff works fine, even if it's looks are only so-so' factor. You can pay a lot of bills with the $300 or so saved for sure.

And even if you're enjoying a nice AL piece or two (and being very careful), I think it's wise to have a couple of $35 ones around, just in case our @ataxian shows up? Something bright and flashy (he likes stuff like that) to distract him while you spirit 'the good China' to a safe location.......

OF

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
While AL stuff is really really nice (at least the few I've seen) it's definitely pricey and much in need of protection. For some, it's just not a realistic option given 'the cheap stuff works fine, even if it's looks are only so-so' factor. You can pay a lot of bills with the $300 or so saved for sure.

And even if you're enjoying a nice AL piece or two (and being very careful), I think it's wise to have a couple of $35 ones around, just in case our @ataxian shows up? Something bright and flashy (he likes stuff like that) to distract him while you spirit 'the good China' to a safe location.......

OF
Really?

Glass?
I break it like a GREEK WEDDING.

$3,000.00 on the floor takes the joy out of CANNABIS.

This is the AIR TREAD so I'm be nice.

JUST be CIVILIZED

DramaLV

Random question hoping one of you can help with so I don't have to go digging. Have about 3 and a half ounces of AA abv I mostly vape at green or under. I finally feel like making some tincture so I went and got my Mason jar and a bottle of 151 only question now is how much should I use??? Not trying to use all my abv but I want it to have some punch to it so what do you guys say? A half ounce? A full ounce? 2?

DramaLV,

lookhigh

FC member
Probably better to ask in the edibles thread. More of that kind of knowledge there.
I put it in capsules.

lookhigh,

OF

Not trying to use all my abv but I want it to have some punch to it so what do you guys say? A half ounce? A full ounce? 2?

Fun question, but one without a clear answer I bet? A couple of 'back of the envelope calculations might help? Pretty dicey area, but a fun conjecture.

Let's say there's something like 4% left in the ABV of the original 16 to 20%? And we get real lucky and extract 3/4 of that? 3%? So 3% of the 28 grams in an ounce is .84 grams?

Looked at another way, I understand an ounce of top shelf (say 20%) yields 6 or 7 grams? So I suspect the 'about a gram an ounce for ABV' estimate is at least close?

Break out those slide rules, boys, what you think of my estimate?

OF

DramaLV

My calculation says baked for 8 hours. What was the question?

Actually made me lol

Fun question, but one without a clear answer I bet? A couple of 'back of the envelope calculations might help? Pretty dicey area, but a fun conjecture.

Let's say there's something like 4% left in the ABV of the original 16 to 20%? And we get real lucky and extract 3/4 of that? 3%? So 3% of the 28 grams in an ounce is .84 grams?

Looked at another way, I understand an ounce of top shelf (say 20%) yields 6 or 7 grams? So I suspect the 'about a gram an ounce for ABV' estimate is at least close?

Break out those slide rules, boys, what you think of my estimate?

OF

You've never led me wrong before so gram per ounce of alcohol it is :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom