1. Interested in a popular vape? Short on time? Be sure to check out the Best Of threads for Plug-Ins and Portables.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. disruptxd

disruptxd Member

No oils or concentrate, all dry herb.

I'm not sure what to do now.

As for baking soda, @ander it could get into the air flow holes in the heating chamber which I wouldn't want

2. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Blueberry Sherbert

You cannot harm the unit by using ISO if you follow the directions I provided. Just do it!

3. disruptxd

disruptxd Member

I warmed up the oven, and the qtip sizzles at the touch, drying up the iso pretty quickly. With 10 qtips, it barely looks changed :/

4. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Blueberry Sherbert

Try without warm and or with wetter q tip

5. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

I would cut a small piece off and use a small tool to scrub the corners.

6. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

exactly. Cut a piece of magic eraser use a toothpick or tweezers to move the eraser around.

I would do this while the oven is inverted to lessen the chance of plugging the holes with the magic eraser.

Mainoffender and RUDE BOY like this.
  7. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

magic eraser, bamboo anything slightly abrasive. Elbow grease required.
    Always hold upside down to prevent debris falling in.
    Dremel if your careful.

RUDE BOY likes this.
  8. Mainoffender

Mainoffender Well-Known Member

This really does work. Used it on my Air and Mighty ovens and both come out sparkling.

RUDE BOY likes this.
  9. disruptxd

disruptxd Member

don't you think small pieces will fall into the air flow holes and into your unit?

10. sickmanfraud

sickmanfraud Well-Known Member

Hold the vape upside down while cleaning. Helps to avoid ISO in internal parts as well as flecks of medicine or magic eraser.

11. abby

abby Member

Hi
    Just a followup from this old post of mine: http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-arizer-air.16415/page-384#post-1054690

I was complaining about the draw resistance of the arizer air and was wondering if I could buy a stem with reduced diameter to solve that problem.

Recently, i bought a few cheap 14mm gongs from a chinese ebay store, took 45 days to get here. In the batch of 10 gongs, the quality control was inconsistent. There was one gong that was particularly loose, almost half a millimeter short in diameter when compared to the normal stems. With this loose-fitting stem, the airflow was amazing, made me fall in love with the arizer air all over again.

When I compare any of these gongs to the stems/gongs I bought from arizer, you can clearly tell that arizer made stems are thicker and more restricted.

If you feel like your arizer air has restricted airflow, I suggest you roll the dice and buy a batch of gongs from china to see if you can get your hands on a loose fitting one, the difference in airflow makes the air much more useable on a bong.

CalyxSmokr likes this.
  12. Mainoffender

Mainoffender Well-Known Member

Exactly how I do it.

CalyxSmokr and sickmanfraud like this.
  13. Faolan

Faolan Active Member

I made the mistake of putting some oil into the Vape and didn't put anything else in. Can you say dirty? Had to use a screwdriver to clean it lol ISO didn't do a thing to it, toothpicks either.

CalyxSmokr likes this.
  14. disruptxd

disruptxd Member

pretty sure the gunk is a makeshift version of oil made from greens pressed at a high temp.

15. olivianewtonjohn

olivianewtonjohn Well-Known Member

I recently used a small brush I think it was from the magic lunch box or something and was surprised at how well it cleaned.....I like this better than using eraser or ISO as there's less of a chance of getting stuff in the oven that you dont like.

OF likes this.
  16. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Yeah It looks like Arizer may have hurt themselves in producing stems that are even more restrictive than the originals. I still have my original stems but find that I don't use them often because the competition is too good. I don't want to wait for a long-ish heat up only to be followed by a restricted draw... an even more restricted airflow with the stems I bought last November directly from Arizer. I never use the new tight-fitting ones. They simply don't work well. Time for Arizer to innovate.

17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Another excellent point by the Lady. I too like brushes. Specifically (real) boar bristle ones. Very tough, being the outside of big pigs and all. Doesn't melt (you can carefully clean hot). Better by far than the factory MFLB brush IMO.

Standard stuff at big Arts supply places, they're generally off white and come cheap from China.

I cut the bristles off very short (like 1/8 inch) so they are very stiff, makes scrubbing better. I also have on cut at an angle for scrubbing into corners. And one 'sawed off' (shortened stem) to go with the MFLB traveling.......

OF

Mainoffender and RUDE BOY like this.
  18. metaknight

metaknight New Member

Hello,
    I recently bought batteries from Amazon, they're LG brand.
    Specs:
    18650HE2
    2500mAh
    Nominal voltage: 3.6V
    Cut off voltage: 2.5V
    Continuous maximum charge current: 4A
    Continuous maximum discharge current: 20A
    Maximum discharge current: 35A

Curious if they are similar to the specs of the OEM batteries.

19. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

Are they genuine? They are different but should work. Use at your own risk.
    @OF knows better.

OF likes this.
  20. metaknight

metaknight New Member

This is what I was assuming, the charge is a bit different but the high discharge specs check out from what I've lurked on here.

lookhigh and OF like this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

That's basically a useless capacity with Air. It can use at most about four Amps, any more than that is a trade off of things you want (like more capacity) against ones you have no real use for (like an extra current you can never use).

A bit like a 800HP, 240MPH supercar with a 'little old lady' driving it on LA streets? The potential is there but is not being used.......

We've discussed this a lot. There's more in play than 'numbers' that many don't understand (although it's true 'good numbers sell'). For instance, it's a tight fit in there, I have many otherwise very useful 18650s that don't fit well or at all. Some too big in diameter, some too long.

Moreover the spring loaded pin is a weak point in the system, not having the exact length 18650 expected sure won't help here.

My advice remains to buy one of the factory 18650s (CentiZen confirmed a while back it was the absolute best choice available to Arizer at the time.......so guess what they went with?). They're cheap eanough (I paid about $10 for mine which I seldom use anyway). And one should be plenty for most guys. IMO this is not a good time to get cheap in a small way. It's chances you don't need to take.

Otherwise H2s (and H4s for that matter) are top notch kit, IMO Amazon is unlikely to be selling fakes, although I did catch 'em at just that a while back (some scammer of course, not them intentionally, but they sure pulled 'em fast).

OF

Mainoffender, lookhigh and CalyxSmokr like this.
  22. disruptxd

disruptxd Member

Are you saying to not buy these?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JU7HTOE

Cause @OF i've copped them at the suggestion of many users T_T.. been using it for like 5 months. What's the risk? using an i2 intellicharger if that matters.

OF likes this.
  23. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yep, not a good call for this application IMO. Near ideal for high power e-cig mods that draw very high peak currents (not the lower, continuous kind like in Air) I think, but not so in Air. Poor set of compromises for us here. And it, like life, is compromises?

Again, H2s are good cells (although I think H4 out perform them usually FWIW) as are the 25R, VTC4 through VTC6, and many others and have earned their deserved reputation but the better/safer call for Air is the factory cell. And it preserves the Warranty. I have (and use) those an many more, but the factory 18650 in both my personal Air(s) and the one I loan out. IMO a 'no brainier' call. I'll save the judgment calls for strains to load, heat levels, draw speed and other important details.

Your call, but you asked for advice?

OF

lookhigh and CalyxSmokr like this.
  24. disruptxd

disruptxd Member

Advice taken. Have you seen any performance differences when using the factory arizer 18650s vs h2s

OF likes this.
  25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

In the Air? Didn't I just tell you I only use the factory cells? That was the truth........ That being the case, how would I see any differences?

Since Air is 'closed loop' (that is regulated) there will be no change in temperature. And at most a trivial difference in heat up times. Charge life will change, perhaps, but he factory one should be quite competitive. IMO there are no choices 'better' and the potential of problems in doing so (like getting the 18650 stuck in the tube like I did......).

OF

RUDE BOY likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors