1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Arizer Air

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by pakalolo, Nov 26, 2014.

1. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I agree, there's a lot of material to search, and our search function is not all that easy to use. But that's the way it's set up. Part of the rules of the Forum we all agreed to abide by when we joined.

A common suggestion for new guys is to go back 20 pages or so and read forward to get the feel of the place and see if what you're looking for is common enough to be addressed in the past. Good advice, I think. This is not a good place for asking others to do your homework I think. Other Forums are I gather, I don't know as I don't read them. This one tends to 'a collective stream of consciousness' rather than something more structured.

Anyway, welcome to the fun. Glad you got an Air, great choice, good to hear you're getting to know each other.......'without preconditions' as they say.

OF

2. TwistedGray

TwistedGray Well-Known Member

@FUCKCOMBUSTION88, read all 400ish pages as you'll discover things you didn't think to ask. That's the joy of learning :)

@OF, my Air is so funny with these weird battery ju ju's ... about once every 4-8 weeks it'll take me on a journey through patience and then after it something magically "fixes" itself it'll act normal for another 4-8 weeks. And then we fight until it submits, then back at it :)

Mod note: posts merged

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017
    jpdnkstr and OF like this.
  3. FUCKCOMBUSTION88

FUCKCOMBUSTION88 Member

Hey guys, I have one quick question to add if anyone could be of assistance, I've noticed that with my recently purchased Air, I'll set it to the preferred temperature setting (usually the orange setting after green) and once it reaches the temperature and the blue light stops blinking, I'll insert the glass stem and once I take a few draws, the blue light starts to flash again? Is this because the action of drawing from the stem cools down the heating core/element, due to the air flow, which is why the blue light continues to flash, to keep it circulating back to the specific temperature setting that I selected? It will occasionally do this halfway through a session, so just want to ensure that this is normal as I thought that it would have stayed at the selected temperature setting without cooling down too much from taking a few draws? If any others have experienced this and could provide any information, that would be great, I did a search but couldn't find anything on this! Thanks FC

jpdnkstr likes this.
  4. FreddieFresh

FreddieFresh Well-Known Member

Please use the search function! Just about every question you've asked has been answered on numerous occasions. I don't feel like digging for it but I'm pretty sure this is answered in the user manual. EVERY vape will fluctuate in temperature. Especially when you're drawing. The harder you draw, the sooner the blue light will start flashing because you're overwhelming he heater. Draw slow! Sip on it like a glass of hot tea

jpdnkstr, FUCKCOMBUSTION88 and OF like this.
  5. lookhigh

lookhigh waiting for the click

yes, flashing blue means heating up. normal air behavior.

jpdnkstr, OF and FreddieFresh like this.
  6. FUCKCOMBUSTION88

FUCKCOMBUSTION88 Member

Appreciate it guys, and yeah just didn't think it was supposed to start flashing again once it initially heated up and the blue light stopped. Glad to know it's a normal process though, thank you!

7. Faolan

Faolan Active Member

Yeah depending on how fast you hit it, it can cool down some.

jpdnkstr likes this.
  8. bluenavey00

bluenavey00 Arizer Air Aficionado

I use the blue blinking to gauge if i'm hitting too hard. If I am taking a long draw it will often start blinking, so I just slow down a bit and eventually the Air will catch back up, and the blue light will remain sold.

9. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I like it! How about we incorporate AI (Artificial Intelligence) since the natural version seems to be mighty rare and unreliable.......

It could use a series of tones to 'coach' you in the ideal hit. Perhaps using headphones and voice synthesis (hopefully better than the nanny reminders in new cars....). Owners could select male/female, stern/supportive, and so on. Kind of a Personal Vape Trainer? Or PVT as it will come to be known.

We could network together for group vapes. Maybe even get Ataxian to glass breaking advice.........

Nothing is too good for our new found fellow Air owners.

OF

10. disruptxd

disruptxd Active Member

Hey guys, how do you clean the gunk out of your arizer air ? I have gunk in the heating chamber... multiple Qtips and ISO didn't help,

I tried using a dabber to scrape lightly.. doesn't get it off either

11. TwistedGray

How bad is it? While mine isn't clean, it also is not gunky. I've used mine for over a year and never cleaned it.

I'd use high percentage iso, warm up the chamber, and q-tip it.

GetLeft and FreddieFresh like this.
  12. disruptxd

disruptxd Active Member

apologies for being anal, but how warm is warm (temp color? )

Im using 99% iso right now :(

13. TwistedGray

I would be speculating but I think you just want to warm it up enough to loosen the material. As long as you are not pouring ISO in the chamber I don't think it really matters how hot or not you set it to. To be extra cautious you could invert the unit as well, heat it up on red, turn it off and go to town. I bet that would work fine...again, I am speculating as my unit is not covered in gunk.

I am curious to see your interior chamber before cleaning. Also, how long have you been using it?

FreddieFresh likes this.
  14. disruptxd

disruptxd Active Member

http://imgur.com/a/M0eH7

PICS included.

15. TwistedGray

Yeah, that's a lot worse than mine for sure. I'd just heat it on red, invert, and clean with a q-tip in iso.

Curious, how long have you been using yours? That's a fair bit of gunk

FreddieFresh likes this.
  16. disruptxd

disruptxd Active Member

like... 3-4 months.

Thisis what happens when you fine grind.. and loose greens gets pressed into the chamber

17. ander

ander Cannabista

Well, I don't know how the chamber is built since I don't have an Air... but with sealed chambers I had perfect results by scratching with baking soda and a wood stick. You'll have to work a bit, but no solvent do the same job. My experience, obviously... with Pax2, as new.

18. disruptxd

disruptxd Active Member

please elaborate, baking soda... with water?

19. ander

ander Cannabista

no no, dry. Then you can clean with iso the remains.

20. disruptxd

disruptxd Active Member

http://imgur.com/a/M0eH7

here is how the chamber is upright. inverted would resemble the pax

so you coat the wooden stick with baking soda ?.. How is it effective?

Hey,

So you made PBW with water solution and used a qtip to apply that into the heating chamber?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2017
    OF likes this.
  21. FUCKCOMBUSTION88

FUCKCOMBUSTION88 Member

That is some gunk bro! As a new Air owner myself, and as a new FC member who has asked a lot of questions here since I've got it, what I'd do is warm it up as @TwistedGray mentioned, all of the color settings are warm, I'd try maybe an orange or green setting? Red being the hottest setting, I'd go with a setting or two below that personally if you're going to be applying a liquid to clean it, although I'm not sure it would make a difference what setting you use as long as it's warm. I'm not sure how you would have got it that dirty in the chamber in the first place using only herb unless you've used oils or waxes on occasion, I've only got my glass stem pieces a bit "oiled" up so far (I believe the term for vapor resin is honey?) and the chamber has remained clean on my Air but yeah just heat it up, dip the Q-tip or a cloth in some iso and give it a good scrub. Not much else that you could do, that I can think of at the moment anyway. Use a toothpick or something similar, (preferably not metal to avoid scratches) to remove the bigger chunks at first and then do as suggested with the iso and it should come clean.. I finely grind all of my herb, but I make sure to vape it sideways for the first few hits so the herb stays solid and compact in the stem due to the heat/suction without falling out into the chamber.. after a session I've been turning the unit upside down and shaking it to remove any pieces of herb that may have fell into the chamber

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    FreddieFresh likes this.
  22. ander

ander Cannabista

What I do with the pax is blocking the air path with paper. I half fill the oven with soda. I scratch for 10' with a broken skewer wooden stick. The result is a new oven.

Well I'm always surprised that no one knows how baking soda is effective with metals... mild abrasive, and disinfectant... simply perfect... good luck!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  23. OF

OF Well-Known Member

No, don't do that. You're quoting a discussion of cleaning glassware out of context:
    "attacking neglected bong fouling"

Important difference, WTs area wet inside already. You can't wash out the chamber with water...........

OF

lookhigh and sickmanfraud like this.
  24. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

Maybe try a magic eraser type thing? I've used that on my pax oven with great success.

lookhigh, sickmanfraud and RUDE BOY like this.
  25. TwistedGray

Chamber might be too small for that. I think if he just warms the oven and ISO wipe he is fine.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors