• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

DramaLV

Really disenchanted with my FF2. Tried my buddies Air and its awesome. I want one I think but 2 concerns:
(a) does anyone know how close they are to releasing the AA2 or the AS2?
(b) how do you all keep the glass mouthpiece clean of resin? Is it hard?

Thanks

Really easy to clean with ISO and as far as I know AS2 is looking like may or June but don't know about the AA2

OF

(a) does anyone know how close they are to releasing the AA2 or the AS2?
(b) how do you all keep the glass mouthpiece clean of resin? Is it hard?

The new Solo is probably a month or two out, expect reviewers to have them a week or two before they hit the street? PIU will likely 'have it first' and typically offers Members a discount, I'd follow the Solo thread for that word? There is no announced plans for an Air upgrade.....that's wishful thinking on some Members part. Must be true though, "I read it on the Internet"?

Keeping the straight ones clean is super easy. Buy a 'travel tube' from PV:
http://www.planetvape.ca/travel-tube.html

This is a soda bottle 'blank' before it's blown to size, ideal fit for the stem (PV sells them for protection). Fill it about 3/4 full of hot tap water with a dash of PBW and give it a five minute 'soak and occasional shake', pour it out and rinse. Use ISO if you insist, but PBW works better, is cheaper, safer (not flammable) and is 'green' (OK to put down the drain).

The key is, I think, to 'keep after it'. Don't let the fouling build up until it's 'too gross to use again'. When 'thin and fresh' it's easy to wash away (with the right technique), 'bake it on good and hard' and it's like cleaning your oven (or leaving it for the landlord to deal with when you move out.....).

I also know guys who put them in the dishwasher, but that's probably not a good long term plan if you value your marriage? Well more than clean stems anyway.........

OF

Randy Lahey

excellent tips thanks!

Air users, is there a place to get a smaller glass tube for increasing the stealth-ability of this device? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
The stems fit tighter in the AA which helps with portability vs the Solo. The owner replaceable batteries keeps you in the drivers seat. Buy as many as you think you will need. Or buy a few and buy some more later because they can be spendy. Also get yourself a good battery charger to speed with battery charges such as a Nitecore. Several good ones on the market. I bought mine through Amazon.

I would suggest not cutting corners and buying different batteries but that's your call. The company advises against it.

OF

what is PBW and is it widely available or do I have to order it online? thx

Powdered Brewery Wash. A purpose built detergent specifically intended to clean the same sort of 'organic junk' out of brewery gear, developed for Coors in fact.

Yes, 'Home Brewing Shops' sell it in small quantities or you can buy it on line:
https://www.amazon.com/PBW-Five-Sta...3&sr=8-2&keywords=pbw+-+powdered+brewery+wash

Since you use it a gram or so at a time, a pound will clean a LOT of stems.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pbw-the-chemistry-of-clean.7854/

I would suggest not cutting corners and buying different batteries but that's your call. The company advises against it.

With the Lady once again, stick with the factory 18650, some others don't fit (it's tight in there) and can cause other problems. Air is very sensitive to OAL (Over All Length), unlike some others.

Bad time to second guess the maker, IMO this is the only cell to use (I bought official spares, even though I have a big old pile of otherwise good 18650s). Your call, but I too advise steering clear.

OF

DramaLV

The stems fit tighter in the AA which helps with portability vs the Solo. The owner replaceable batteries keeps you in the drivers seat. Buy as many as you think you will need. Or buy a few and buy some more later because they can be spendy. Also get yourself a good battery charger to speed with battery charges such as a Nitecore. Several good ones on the market. I bought mine through Amazon.

I agree with every word...I suggest starting with 2 batteries. I started with just the one and charging thru the AA now as you can see In my profile pic I now have 3 batteries and a nitecore d2 to charge with. 3 batteries might be overkill for some but I definitely think 2 is a great place to start if you plan on using it daily

sickmanfraud

I clean my stems as follows:

Clean with Ethanol so the resin can be the base of an AVB tincture (for sleep). Save the "used" ethanol until you have enough to use as the basis of a tincture.

Then to get the stems sparkling I use PBW (I thought the P was for Professional?). Thanks to @OF for the PBW recommendation.

DramaLV

I clean my stems as follows:

Clean with Ethanol so the resin can be the base of an AVB tincture (for sleep). Save the "used" ethanol until you have enough to use as the basis of a tincture.

Then to get the stems sparkling I use PBW (I thought the P was for Professional?). Thanks to @OF for the PBW recommendation.

Why exactly would that make a "base" for the tincure stead of it simply making tincure?

DramaLV,

sickmanfraud

Why exactly would that make a "base" for the tincture stead of it simply making tincure?

It depends on quantity. If you have enough resin/reclaim you don't need to do anything except to concentrate the ethanol to make it strong enough.

I make an AVB tincture for sleep and I usually add the reclaim just to make it strong enough so it can be dosed by drops not ounces.

Someone who vapes a LOT may decide to dab any visible reclaim or just make a Green Dragon Tincture.

Here is where I learned about tinctures. You don't need to read the whole 700+ pages. There is an index. https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/another-tincture-thread-try-it-youll-like-it.1102315/

sickmanfraud

Or you can vape that reclaim. Put it on some cotton, load the vape, crank up the heat and hang onto your hat. Our own @Vitolo is famous for this. He's a wise guy you know?

OF

Please oh wise one, what is the difference with what I said? Is a dab by definition (0 knowledge or experience with concentrates) not done in or with a vape?

I am not being sarcastic, just curious.

Besides, @ataxian likes it when I ask good questions.

KNOWLEDGE=CIVILIZED

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: OF

OF

Please oh wise one, what is the difference with what I said? Is a dab by definition (0 knowledge or experience with concentrates) not done in or with a vape?

As I understand it a dab is a bit of concentrate on a stick of some sort (metal or glass usually?) that is "dabbed" onto a super heated surface and instantly flashes to vapor. Like glowing hot. You need a very serious electrical heater or (more often) a largish Butane torch to get enough heat built up so you have time to put the fire down and pick up the stylus, guys often judge temperature by holding their hands over the 'nail', you have to have a lot of heat stored so it can evaporate the entire dab in one go. It takes a special built 'oil rig', a normal vape won't do it since there's no way to introduce the stylus with the dab nor is the surface super heated (generally limited to about 430F?).

I think it's safe to say you need that special 'oil rig' to be 'doing dabs'???

Lots of ways to use concentrates. Including the screens, pads and cartridges designed specifically for such use in the herb vapes we know and love. In fact, some carts use cotton to absorb the goods. You can treat such things as 'concentrated herb', getting a more or less normal series of hit (although often more potent or long lived). Dabs are gone in a heartbeat once the concentrate hits the hot metal or glass. You have to be ready to suck it up or it'll spill out into the room before you can stop it.

While it's easy to prove I'm a wise guy, I'm not so sure you can back that 'wise one' thing up. For that you need true luminaries like our @Vitolo, inventor of the 'cotton ball reclaim trick'. "Sage of the High Desert" you know.......

BTW, he too is not a big fan of the big bucks Japanese organic cotton the purists favor (like I am). In fact he's known to pull the end off Q-tips when he thinks nobody is looking. By all means buy the expensive stuff if you want, or it makes you feel safer, but for me the stuff plucked out of the vitamin bottle will do just fine. FWIW I've never seen a credible 'paper' to back up any safety concerns about pesticides and such. Your call, as always.

OF

Randy Lahey

u guys are ok putting cotton in an Air with reclaim? Im up for it, just dont want to run my unit

Randy Lahey,
Reactions: OF

OF

u guys are ok putting cotton in an Air with reclaim? Im up for it, just dont want to run my unit

Not to worry, LOTS of us do it. The 'trick' is to be sure there's enough cotton around it to soak up any 'leaks' when the concentrate melts. Not fatal if you goof up that way, but it stays tidy if you do.

Be very sure you're using pure cotton, many of the blends (even medical grades) have plastics that can melt or off gas at vaping temperatures, unlike cotton.

Sometimes you need ore heat than normal, be ready to kick it up a step or two to keep production going.

OF

OF,
Reactions: AJS

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I have a bunch of LG HG2 (maybe HE2, they are the browns with 3000mah and 20A discharges) would those work ok in this? An AA may be something up my alley....

OF

I have a bunch of LG HG2 (maybe HE2, they are the browns with 3000mah and 20A discharges) would those work ok in this? An AA may be something up my alley....

They might, but it's not recommended. Mechanical fit can be an issue, for example. It's mighty tight in there. Not all 18650s even fit, some that do are too long to allow the cap to be screwed fully down (which can cause contact problems, even damaging the spring loaded pin.

And it voids your warranty.

IMO you really only need at most one spare? I have one to support 3 (or 4?) Airs and very seldom use that one. Ten bucks to be sure, I think this is a bad time to get cheap? You can also get a 'power bank' to recharge as needed when away, which is also useful for other tasks? It is a USB chargeable device with a cheap cable you know like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQCMRJ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Your call, but I have piles of 18650s from various projects around, like I said I bought a spare from PIU and recommend you do likewise. Well, OK, not necessarily from PIU but stick with the 'factory battery', one of the experts on such things, CentiZen, did a lot of testing and research and decided that exact 18650 was the best available for the duty and long life........Arizer made an educated Engineering decision, who'd have thought?

OF

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
They might, but it's not recommended. Mechanical fit can be an issue, for example. It's mighty tight in there. Not all 18650s even fit, some that do are too long to allow the cap to be screwed fully down (which can cause contact problems, even damaging the spring loaded pin.

And it voids your warranty.

IMO you really only need at most one spare? I have one to support 3 (or 4?) Airs and very seldom use that one. Ten bucks to be sure, I think this is a bad time to get cheap? You can also get a 'power bank' to recharge as needed when away, which is also useful for other tasks? It is a USB chargeable device with a cheap cable you know like this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NQCMRJ6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Your call, but I have piles of 18650s from various projects around, like I said I bought a spare from PIU and recommend you do likewise. Well, OK, not necessarily from PIU but stick with the 'factory battery', one of the experts on such things, CentiZen, did a lot of testing and research and decided that exact 18650 was the best available for the duty and long life........Arizer made an educated Engineering decision, who'd have thought?

OF

Thanks for info :)

That's a bummer though - this is not something I need in the slightest but thought it would be a cool addition to the collection, since I have a ton of 18650's from the MVT and Milaana. I guess yeah it's only $10 for the extra battery but I personally hate having to do that, to buy a proprietary battery for only one specific device. That's a chief reason I haven't gotten a Haze or a GH either so it's not Arizer's fault :lol: just my own personal complaint. The Solo II may be more up my alley as I actually dig big capacity with full days of charge more than swappable smaller capacities.

zeebudz

Just a general shout out to Arizer. My kid was bugging me to buy my Solo and I finally acquiesced. So I just bought an Air which I LOVE (except for the tightness of the stem; as the instructions say, the unit really needs to be warm before it can be inserted or removed.) Also have an Extreme Q which is also most excellent.

Shit, guess I'm just an Arizer Fanboy.

Top Bottom