• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Storage Ideas

JyARz

Innovative Glass lined containers @ www.jyarz.com
Manufacturer
Sorry I thought you represented the company. I've done the research it's really about effectively blocking light and an airtight seal. Candidly, the research about Miron Glass is pretty scant in my opinion. IF you read their quote carefully you'll that they say that the research "MAY" show that Miron glass has such properties. Anyway this is probably more information than you are looking for...I just think that it's important that consumers be provided the facts. UV and O2 are the big culprits in breaking down organic matter. That and the fact that glass is inert is another big selling point.

Thanks for your reply and let me know if you have any questions for me.

-JyARman

Thanks man. Where do I setup my own thread? THe rules are fairly stringent on this site so I don't want to overstep!

mod note: Looks like you need to read them again. Edit your post to avoid back to back posting. 2 posts merged.

JyARz,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
You just go to whatever section your thoughts pertain to. Look for a blue button on the upper right hand section that says post new thread.
But I hear ya,you may want to start a conversation with a mod first. Rules are more strict for manufacturers.

Nbajunkie,

JyARz

Manufacturer
Someone from FC Forum "split" a posting for me and created a thread - I'm still a bit clueless about this FC forum thing but I'll figure it out. Thanks for your support.

JyARz,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Sorry I thought you represented the company. I've done the research it's really about effectively blocking light and an airtight seal. Candidly, the research about Miron Glass is pretty scant in my opinion. IF you read their quote carefully you'll that they say that the research "MAY" show that Miron glass has such properties. Anyway this is probably more information than you are looking for...I just think that it's important that consumers be provided the facts. UV and O2 are the big culprits in breaking down organic matter. That and the fact that glass is inert is another big selling point.

Thanks for your reply and let me know if you have any questions for me.

-JyARman

Thanks man. Where do I setup my own thread? THe rules are fairly stringent on this site so I don't want to overstep!

mod note: Looks like you need to read them again. Edit your post to avoid back to back posting. 2 posts merged.

No, worries!!!
I admire someone that stands behind there product , I will now continue to inform people on both products, portability factor your product definitely seems safer, less chance of breakage!!!!!!

I dont travel with my Ambient jars, just for the larger stash at home, and smller ones for concentrates!!!!!

I will be ordering a JyARZ pretty soon to keep in my car!!!!
Thanks!!!!:wave:

***EDIT***
Oh, by the way, a thread would definitely be cool!!!!

Cheers

BLAZING OG,
Reactions: Nbajunkie

JyARz

Manufacturer
Hey thanks very much. I'm confident that you'll love your JyAR, if you aren't let me know. And there is a JyAR thread running already, i think simply searching on "JyARz" will get you there if not let me know.

-JyARman

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
420Science had a 12 dollar xlarge uv jar sale so I snagged the THC one. Lots of goodies, and it came with a mini marker too :)

2hrom06.jpg

nx0zs9.jpg

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
Sounds cool, but I've just kept bud in a Mason jar and then put the Mason jar in a dark place, like the bottom of a clothes drawer. Opened it up a year later and it was just as strong as the day the bud was new. A bit on the dry side, but as strong and potent as ever.

Agreed that Mason or Ball jars are great for storage; my issue is that as far as I know the smallest size jar available is 4 oz and I would prefer to have my little variety of different strains (8ths or quarters) in smaller size glass jars. The plastic Cooljarz are actually pretty decent and inexpensive - the larger size one will hold an 8th but not a quarter. I had this idea yesterday about using a baby food jar which would be the perfect size. So, I bought Gerber banana at Walgreens last night, and after a session it was my munchies treat, but it's not going to work for storage because the lid doesn't seal once it's open. What are your thoughts on the matter of a smaller size glass jars for a variety of strains?

jeffp,
Reactions: JyARz

lwien

Agreed that Mason or Ball jars are great for storage; my issue is that as far as I know the smallest size jar available is 4 oz and I would prefer to have my little variety of different strains (8ths or quarters) in smaller size glass jars. The plastic Cooljarz are actually pretty decent and inexpensive - the larger size one will hold an 8th but not a quarter. I had this idea yesterday about using a baby food jar which would be the perfect size. So, I bought Gerber banana at Walgreens last night, and after a session it was my munchies treat, but it's not going to work for storage because the lid doesn't seal once it's open. What are your thoughts on the matter of a smaller size glass jars for a variety of strains?

TOTALLY agree on the smaller size. The less air in that jar, the better, so what I'm doing now is putting my bud in the smallest spacecase containers (they come in 1gr sizes), and then putting those containers in mason jars.

lwien,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah that's sort of what I've done - putting material in separate cooljarz and putting the cooljarz in a large plastic vacuum seal container - forgot the name but it's been discussed here.
too bad the baby food jar idea didn't work out...
that would have been perfect. 1 gram size would be too small - a 1oz or less size jar would be perfect.

jeffp,

Lizard King

I'm currently running side-by-side tests with the following storage possibilities:

- mason jar (clear, 500ml)
- Kilner screwtop glass (jam-making) jar (clear, 250ml)
- CVault (medium)
- Tightvacs (black, .12 liter Minivac + .06 liter Pocketvac)
- MedTainers (black)

I will post my findings soon.

During my research for the best container/method of storing/curing, I have found and tried quite a few random/misc small glass jars for sale (ranging from 2g to 10g capacity), but the problem has always been the same with them- not airtight enough for my needs.

Last edited:
Lizard King,
Reactions: Seren

JyARz

Manufacturer
I'm currently running side-by-side tests with the following storage possibilities:

- mason jar (clear, 500ml)
- Kilner screwtop glass (jam-making) jar (clear, 250ml)
- CVault (medium)
- Tightvacs (black, .12 liter Minivac + .06 liter Pocketvac)
- MedTainers (black)

I will post my findings soon.

During my research for the best container/method of storing/curing, I have found and tried quite a few random/misc small glass jars for sale (ranging from 2g to 10g capacity), but the problem has always been the same with them- not airtight enough for my needs.

Would you consider including a JyAR? I think you'll find it performs admirably. For more details just search "JyARz" here, lots of FC members love their JyARz (demanding bunch too!) or go to JyARz.com. The combination of thick gaskets, glass-lining, light tightness ... really gets the job done.

-JyARman

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I vacuum packed a couple of jars, as my herb was getting dryer than I liked. I had it in mason jars with boveda packs, but it still wasn't great. So, vacuumed them.

For up to two weeks, I've found a jyarz to keep ground bud great. Probably longer, if it lasted that long!

Enchantre,

JyARz

Manufacturer
I vacuum packed a couple of jars, as my herb was getting dryer than I liked. I had it in mason jars with boveda packs, but it still wasn't great. So, vacuumed them.

For up to two weeks, I've found a jyarz to keep ground bud great. Probably longer, if it lasted that long!

I love this site! Thank you Enchantre! Nothing like a real live customer testimonial to tell it like it is!

-JyARman

JyARz,

Lizard King

Would you consider including a JyAR? I think you'll find it performs admirably. For more details just search "JyARz" here, lots of FC members love their JyARz (demanding bunch too!) or go to JyARz.com. The combination of thick gaskets, glass-lining, light tightness ... really gets the job done.

-JyARman

Yes, I would. In fact, I did consider it. I've been following your thread since you joined and I think your product looks great. I've noted the positive feedback it has been getting. However, the shipping costs were a bit high for my part of the world when I checked a while ago. I will check again.

....my herb was getting dryer than I liked. I had it in mason jars with boveda packs, but it still wasn't great.

This didn't work out for me either in terms of long term freshness. The potency stayed consistent but there was a noticeable loss of smell, taste and appearance over a 2-3 month period. I was thinking of trying this method again (2 jars, one with Boveda pack, one without), but keeping them in the fridge this time instead of a dark cupboard. Has anyone had good results keeping theirs in a fridge? I live in a hot/humid climate year round.

I vacuum packed a couple of jars..

How did you do this may I ask?

Have you tried keeping whole buds in your JyARz?

Last edited:
Lizard King,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
I have a vacuum sealer, that has an accessory for sealing mason jars.

I have kept whole nugs in my jyarz, but only when I have "just one"... I mostly use jyarz for pre-shredded herb. I have CVaults for keeping my current medicine in (I take a nug from the CVault, shred it, and what doesn't fit into the Gong goes into a Jyarz.), but I don't like keeping shredded herb in them.

Enchantre,

Lizard King

I have a vacuum sealer, that has an accessory for sealing mason jars.

How much better have the results been compared to the non-vacuum mason jar?

This reviewer of the Vacu Vin Coffee Saver on amazon describes a neat way to vacuum seal a screwtop mason jar, if it works like he says it does. He's talking specifically about coffee beans of course, but I cant see why it wouldn't work for my needs. Here's his review/instructions:

"This product is super. Some people have mentioned loss of vacuum or coffee oils getting in the container. SOLUTION - put your coffee, ground or beans, in an 8 oz Mason jar. Wipe the jar lid seal and top edge of the glass jar. Put the lid on and screw the top just enough to hold the lid down. PUT THE WHOLE thing into the Vacu Vin, and start pumping down the vacuum. Remove the Vacu Vin pump and cover lid. When properly sealed and evacuated, you'll see that the Mason lid is dimpled. Then tighten the Mason Jar. It will store a long time and no cleaning."

Here's the Vacu Vin. I think it was maybe mentioned earlier in the thread. A pretty good price I think:

US: http://www.amazon.com/Vacu-Vin-Coffee-Saver-Starter/dp/B000XR2GMK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vacu-Vin-Coffee-Storage-Container/dp/B000XTFQZM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1377710049&sr=8-5&keywords=vacu vin

Last edited:
Lizard King,

Lizard King

No edit option.

For long term storage I use this stuff :

(420 Preserve)

You can get it here
Basically a mixture of compressed inert gasses that prevent oxidation of the bud. spray a few blasts before sealing in an airtight container and you're good to go for months. Fancy restaurants and wine snobs use a similar product to preserve expensive bottles after they have been opened. I've been using it for a few months now and the results have been pretty good.

What kind of airtight container have you been using? Would you say that you have noticed a significant increase in long term freshness while using 420 Preserve?

Has anyone else used this product or one similar? Some wine lovers seem to prefer them over a vacuum seal. Seems like a cheap and easy option too.

Lizard King,

Seren

Away with the fairies
Absolutely loving all of these storage suggestions and tips! I currently use 420 jars and find them to be really good. I recently came across a UK company which offers alternative designs though, so I'm thinking of giving them a whirl.

http://www.uvstashjars.co.uk/

:peace:

Seren,

spoutti

I just reveived my foodsaver pump and mason jar adaptors. I think this setup with o2 absorber packet is the most efficient on paper. I invest on this because i dont have acces to medical grade herb oftently. When i do find top shelf medecine, i will stock up with better results.

Im just wondering if anyone have tried the combo mason jar/o2 absorber/ boveda humipack. Maybe the lack of air would offset the balance the boveda pack creates under normal circonstences in a bad way? Maybe its the perfect way?

spoutti,

Hoops

i found this video to be quite helpful when i was looking for a long term storage solution. In the end, I went with the foodsaver attachment, but the video had some other cost effective options.

It's for vacuum sealing salad in mason jars for cheap. hehe, salad in a jar.

Hoops,

hoorah

I just picked this up last weekend ... all 1KG of it lol, but I've never stored weed in this quantity before. Whats the best way to keep it fresh and stop it going maldy? I don't have a vacuum packing machine but it's wrapped in plastic and I clingfilm'd the end I cut, should I wrap it in foil and wack it in the freezer?

it's thai brick weed, very sticky and i'm scared it won't last long in this heat and humidity (30-35C / 50-70% ) and it dries out like a bitch with AC.

cmRqCg4.jpg

Top Bottom