• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Storage Ideas

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
So, at the most for now, I'd probably have 28 g on hand. What size glass jar should I purchase?

It looks like I'll be saving some dough once I pay a visit to Walmart. Any input is greatly appreciated!

Unless you order from a site or find a single jar like b0 posted, Mason jars come in packs of 12. I'd go with the pints and/or 4oz jars and spread the 28g out. That way you minimize opening and closing one big jar and introducing more air.

Tweak,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
+1. I have small jars starting from baby food jars (4oz) all the way up to the Wide Mouth quart jars. My favorite size is the 4oz standard mouth jelly jars.

41RV1-sPgoL.jpg

Wide opening but small container makes it easier to reach inside.

Is this airtight? If so Im bought to cop a 12 pack lol

Live-N-Learn,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
Thank you. Purchasing now. :)

I was using ziplock bags, I knew it was time for an upgrade for a while now. lol

Live-N-Learn,

Pcpvapors

I like the 12 packs because you're going to have a few for your fresh flowers a few for ABV, and. Couple for doing QWISO runs.

Pcpvapors,

Chill Dude

CVaults are the best. A mason jar with as a close 2nd. If I run out of CVault storage I put some of the Humidity Packs from the CVault in a mason jar and it helps allot. The only thing you need to worry about then is making sure you store them in a dark environment. If you can though CVaults have worked wonders for my medicine.

Hey Slightly Medicated,

Using the humidipacks in a mason jar,how long can u keep your bud fresh? Sometimes I need to store my bud for like six weeks. Also, have u found that humidipacks sometimes gets your bud too moist for vaporization, or does it keep your bud just right? Are you using those small 62% packs? Just looking for the best storage w/o buying the C Vault containers .... Thanks

Chill Dude,

SD_haze

Is this airtight? If so Im bought to cop a 12 pack lol
Compared to most standard jars, the mason's two-part seal provides a much tighter seal. Much appreciated when you're dealing with stinky sticky icky.

However, I almost feel like the triple latch + silicone seal of the Cvault is even tighter. Unless debris dust builds up on your silicone gasket, then it doesn't seal quite 100%.

Unfortunately my cvault was ruined after housing moldy weed for wayyyy too long.
[I haven't tried anything more than very hot water pressure+soap, but if that doesn't do it then I don't want to bother with anything stronger. ]

:2c:

SD_haze,

lwien

I've kept bud in mason jars for a year and while it was definitely dryer than when first put in, it was every bit as potent.

lwien,

Chill Dude

Compared to most standard jars, the mason's two-part seal provides a much tighter seal. Much appreciated when you're dealing with stinky sticky icky.

However, I almost feel like the triple latch + silicone seal of the Cvault is even tighter. Unless debris dust builds up on your silicone gasket, then it doesn't seal quite 100%.

Unfortunately my cvault was ruined after housing moldy weed for wayyyy too long.
[I haven't tried anything more than very hot water pressure+soap, but if that doesn't do it then I don't want to bother with anything stronger. ]

Haze, how long is too long? Do you think the humidipacks contributed to the moldy bud by making too moist?

Chill Dude,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...

Yeah I pulled the trigger already. Good to know though. Will it make that much of a difference on the degradation of the ganja, or is this more for a smell thing? I'm not worried about an odor, as I am about it staying good. I will take babysteps with the glass jars for now.

Live-N-Learn,

Nevertheless1090

Ok, so I know exactly what I'm going to do...

Buy a 12 pack of small jars and purchase some humidipacks. While the Cvaults look extremely nice, my stash will be stationary and a dark area 95% of the time. I'll be able to store various strains in different jars and ABV for $15 or so oppose to $25 just for one Cvaults!

Not trying to take the thread off topic but I also have a kief box. I don't remember the name brand but like usual, I did my research prior to purchasing so the screen and such is up to par. If any of you guys have one, do you shake your herb in your box every time you purchase more? For some odd reason I got away from collecting my kief this way and have no idea why.

Nevertheless1090,

SD_haze

Yeah I pulled the trigger already. Good to know though. Will it make that much of a difference on the degradation of the ganja, or is this more for a smell thing? I'm not worried about an odor, as I am about it staying good. I will take babysteps with the glass jars for now.
Only that .000001% smell for the stinkiest things

SD_haze,

SD_haze

Haze, how long is too long? Do you think the humidipacks contributed to the moldy bud by making too moist?
It was months. The stainless steel is stained and just won't go away with scrubbing+scalding water+soap

Even moreso stained is the silicone gasket.
The gasket IS removeable by the way, even though it looks like it isn't. Possibly could get a new one

SD_haze,

Live-N-Learn

Higher, Higher, Baby...
I dont mind coming home to a slight aroma of funk, also the bud that smells of straight dankness too. :cool:

Live-N-Learn,
Reactions: SD_haze

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Another quick fix for just a single jar, try your cupboard, :)

51pCo9HrCeL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

freebies2deals-wylers.jpg

The 2 oz jar fits perfectly into the mouth of the 3.75 oz jar, great for transferring and filtering ISO from wand/screen cleaning.

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
+1. I have small jars starting from baby food jars (4oz) all the way up to the Wide Mouth quart jars. My favorite size is the 4oz standard mouth jelly jars.

41RV1-sPgoL.jpg

Wide opening but small container makes it easier to reach inside.
I agree completely with wide opening small container as being the best. I got a 4pack of these at Target for like $5...The ones like b0 posted in the second post are what I use to transport a small amount of herb with me when on-the-go. Got mine at World Market(chain store & website available) variety of sizes, the small ones were seriously .50¢, ok maybe $1, but still, cheap as hell...

JSteez4205,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
I use a tight vac container.I like it because it pushes the air out of the container as Im closing it.I comfortably put an 8er inside or a tight quarter.Its impressive how it supresses odor.7 bucks but its a neat little container thats wont shatter. Plus its black,and as pretty as my buds are they are for my eyes only...
tightvac_solid_various.jpg

Nbajunkie,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've been using these for a few years now.
http://sistemaplastics.com/products/klip-it-rectangular/200ml-rectangular2

I never notice any smell coming out of them. I've got a ground herb container, an unground herb container, a keif container, and some ABV containers :tup:

The one I linked to can hold plenty of ground herb, enough to last me over a week.
You could probably fit a whole ounce in there if you wanted (I never pre grind that much).
The one I use for whole buds is double the size of that smaller one, and holds about an ounce.

I'm very happy with them, they're durable, portable, and they get the job done.
:D

Frederick McGuire,

olivianewtonjohn

It was months. The stainless steel is stained and just won't go away with scrubbing+scalding water+soap

Even moreso stained is the silicone gasket.
The gasket IS removeable by the way, even though it looks like it isn't. Possibly could get a new one
Have you tried the dishwasher? Lower rack for the SS and upper rack for the gasket. Then set it to the hot themp. I do this all the time with my SS water bottles. I have left coffee in one for months and it came out fine.

olivianewtonjohn,

J.D.420

420th Dragoons
For long term storage I use this stuff :

dDBRCvF.jpg

You can get it here
Basically a mixture of compressed inert gasses that prevent oxidation of the bud. spray a few blasts before sealing in an airtight container and you're good to go for months. Fancy restaurants and wine snobs use a similar product to preserve expensive bottles after they have been opened. I've been using it for a few months now and the results have been pretty good.

J.D.420,
Tight vacs are cheap but are terrible. I have one that holds about a quarter ounce and after the first two weeks of regular use, the cap busted and now i cant use it

Do not buy a tight vac

The Keif Chiefer,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Ive been soured on products in the past too. see: all the toys i bought the kids for xmas...But Ive had mine for about 4 months and Im in there atleast 4 times a day. ive had pill containers and they seem to degrade overtime .tiny jars are cool but break..these little guys are plastic but they work...no complaints here

Nbajunkie,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
Are the Tightvac's made from glass or plastic?

From my understanding, no matter how air tight plastic is, it can still leach in oxygen, as plastic is porous. I used to use tupperware until I became aware of this fact. Still better than the ole samwich baggies though, :D.

Tweak,
Reactions: Seren
Top Bottom