• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Storage Ideas

Scrimshaw

Vaped Crusader
People commented on a pic I had in the herbie thread, so I figured I'd share here for all...

I'm digging this Totally Bamboo 3-Tiered Salt Box for my day-to-day storage needs—useful for holding ground herb, whole nugs and ABV (in the larger bottom tier). Pictured here with small CVault, SC shredder and a few Jyarz. I might get a rounded dish to sit in the top tier to make it easier to scoop up ground herb in the corners, but a nice find for under $20!

owpPKJw.jpg

killick

But I like it!
So, as a canadian med patient, I get a certain amount of meds mailed to me each month, and am allowed to carry my full months supply, or 150 grams - whichever is smaller. So, being as I travel frequently, I sometimes simply can't take full advantage of my monthly supply. I'm looking for options for long-term storage, that will not require anything special - freezer space may be limited or non-existent. We are currently in rented accom, and may be in a travel trailer for awhile this summer, hence the preference for non-frozen storage. Especially if we take said trailer into the US for a week or two - I know there are loads of great people down there, it's just that your border guys are a bit psychotic. I blame the department of homemade security, but I digress...

So after some thinking I have a couple of ideas:

Budder - make a strong batch and freeze. Stores well in freezer, not so great for transport.
Cocobudder - strong batch and store. Doesn't require freezing, but probably not the solution for 200+ grams.

QWISO - 50 g batches, and leave things in a suspended state until nearer time to use?
QWISO - run large batches and save them in ziplock bags (or syringes?). Any considerations for long-term storage?
QWEC - Kinda like the first ISO above - evaping EC to desired state for use as required.

So lets hear some of the great ideas the FC community has. Remember there are no dumb ideas (not from this group ;) Pro's and con's would be helpful as well.

TIA :)

killick,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Well if space and storage are the main constraint..... You could run it into concentrate and then infuse into a super strong batch of coconut/MCT oil and then make into canna caps. They are discrete, potent, take up almost no space, and keep for a long time. An airtight mason jar stored in a dark place, a C-Vault, extracting into concentrate and stored properly as above are all good options for long term storage though.

killick

But I like it!
@Puffers thats an interesting idea - thanks for the suggestion! How much active ingredient would the cocobudder be able to hold? I'm thinking that cap strength might be a bit difficult to get a handle on, especially given my very little knowledge on whether I'm getting what I should out of a qwiso run. But it might be fun to try - I checked out a wee capping device for around $20, and a 4 pak of the bent plastic syringes for around 5, so it's certainly not an expensive trial.

The absolute worst-case scenario has any excess being donated to the 'neighbourhood compassion club', who are always happy when something lands in their laps :)

killick,

puddleglum

Canna-caps are a lot of fun (see my avatar)! You can make the oil with buds, trim, hash, wax, tincture, etc. as the active ingredient.

Tell me this doesn't look like fun? :)

When I am traveling I carry them in an empty bottle of fish oil or vitamin caps from the health food store: very inconspicuous.

killick

But I like it!
Canna-caps are a lot of fun (see my avatar)! You can make the oil with buds, trim, hash, wax, tincture, etc. as the active ingredient.

Tell me this doesn't look like fun? :) /QUOTE]

You know what? That does look like fun! I don't have speakers on my pc so need to watch again (and again!).

Having never capped anything before is there anything special required? I did find some sort of capping thing on eBay, but I'm assuming they aren't all equal.

Thanks!

killick,

puddleglum

I fill and cap mine by hand, using the eyedropper from a glass tincture bottle (which happens to be exactly the right size).

If you are processing 150g at a time (as you mention in your first post) then the capsule machine might be a good investment. ;)

puddleglum,
Reactions: killick

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
@Puffers thats an interesting idea - thanks for the suggestion! How much active ingredient would the cocobudder be able to hold? I'm thinking that cap strength might be a bit difficult to get a handle on, especially given my very little knowledge on whether I'm getting what I should out of a qwiso run. But it might be fun to try - I checked out a wee capping device for around $20, and a 4 pak of the bent plastic syringes for around 5, so it's certainly not an expensive trial.

The absolute worst-case scenario has any excess being donated to the 'neighbourhood compassion club', who are always happy when something lands in their laps :)

I haven't heard any concrete numbers on cannabinoid saturation points of a solvent like coco-oil. I do know it can hold A LOT my last batch was almost 50/50 hash and coco oil. I would mix a 1/4 tsp in with my coffee in the morning and be good to go for 6-8 hrs. I have a very high edible tolerance too for perspective it normally takes 100mg-200mg+ THC doses to get me in a good place.

killick

But I like it!
This method does seem to have a lot of potential! I'm looking forward to giving this a shot over the next couple of days....

Here is the holder I found - handier than trying to hold/fill/not spill/and cap at the same time. I imagine an assembly line disaster a'la Charlie Chaplin or I Love Lucy proportions :)

killick,

Enchantre

Oil Painter
That one looks very good, @killick ... and 00 is a great size to use.
I use a similar one for making my capsules... it can be a very meditative activity.

Enchantre,
Reactions: killick
Top Bottom