Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Well, I'm afraid if I took your advice I wouldn't be doing a dab for quite some time :(
Its just not worth it for me to do a run on fresh buds, as with the yield I get, it works out to around $150 for a gram of good oil...
Maybe if I grew my own buds... but that's not an option for me :shrug:

I finished up my evap, I got 0.54g of oil that looks pretty similar to the pic you posted above Wat.

I tried a few small (tiny? I'd guestimate 0.01g per dab, but really, I have no idea:shrug:) dabs of it tonight through my birdhouse
It tastes quite nice.
Quite similar to the oil I re-claimed out of an Omicron cart not to long ago.
A buddy tried it and he liked it too :tup:

I didn't get to :whoa: but :haw: sums it up pretty nicely :lol:
I basically got myself to the point I normally get to if I was vaping bud.

It does leave a black residue on the glass after a dab though, I'm assuming its just some plant matter/waxes etc that fully dissolved in the ISO as it sat there between cleans?
I'm thinking re-dissolving into ethanol, freezing, and re-filtering would probably get rid of it, but it seems like a lot of effort for only half a gram of oil...

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

weedemon

enthusiast
doing the ethanol rewash is a great idea imo :) but even still there will be some residue. I filter using coffee filters. better quality filter paper would definitely help.

ok bud here is the trick, your abv reclaim is mostly cbd and cbn i believe. try vaping some regular bud, after hitting your oil. the quick burst of thc should really kick things into another level for you. :)

I did this with a friend when i made the discovery. I had a gram of reclaim oil and we were hitting it like mad. I mean a lot. like 45min to maybe an hour just doing using it in my volcano empty the bag, refill and repeat. ( i didn`t have a Ti dabber back then)

so then when we said, I think we should both be a lot higher than we are here... we said fuck it, an loaded a bowl of herbs instead of the oil. (well the liquid pad was actually still in there but hear me out) we did 3 bags of herb based vapor. and holly shit i was about as high as i would like to be... anymore and i might have had a green experience. I knew this was a heavy high, and almost felt more like a baked goods experience. I wasn`t driving anywhere for at least an hour after this before the effects came down, and I was ok.

I have more respect for the cbd oil now than i did before. and i feel the use i did above was excessive haha.

but the lesson of this story is: mix your oil with your thc laden stuff too! they combine for a really nice high.

weedemon,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Thanks for the info.

I forgot to add a little herb to the mix.

I remember reading the same thing about ABV edibles - a little bit of herb seems to push it to a whole 'nother level.

I'll have to try it next time, I completely forgot about before. :D

I was using unbleached coffee filters.
That seems to be the general consensus as to a good filter.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

weedemon

enthusiast
yep that's what i use too. but im just saying if we step it up and use lab grade filer paper maybe we will remove more particulate?

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I tried these 22um syringe filters, but they got clogged pretty quickly and it was hard work
140.jpg

and I couldn't notice any real difference in the end with the coffee filter.

WatTyler,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
if you have a vacuum pump i suggest a buchner funnel and vacuum flask w/ lab grade
filter paper (all available at amazon).
otherwise coffee filters will do.
you need pressure to push the oil thru, while leaving stuff behind with lab grade paper, basically

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: weedemon

weedemon

enthusiast
if you have a vacuum pump i suggest a buchner funnel and vacuum flask w/ lab grade
filter paper (all available at amazon).
otherwise coffee filters will do.
you need pressure to push the oil thru, while leaving stuff behind with lab grade paper, basically

that makes sense. we used this in school to filter and collect total suspended solids in water samples before too.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
SO I do not know if it's the best topic for this but I just received my mityvac starline pro in aluminium with pressure/vac gauge...and BOY I AM PLEASED!
http://davethetools.com/ebay/var/resizes/Mityvac/Mityvac MV8500.jpg?m=1330196009
This baby reaches -30 psi really easy compared to any manual vacuum pump I have tried/seen, and comes with ALL the thinkable attachments. The liquid chamber is in VERY SOLID plastic that is done to support those kind of pressures!
I've vacpurged a batch of 5 g. I had just done yesterday, with BEAUTIFUL results... ME HAPPY!

weedemon

enthusiast
right on man! that thing looks good! thanks for hte heads up! only 60 bucks on ebay too!

weedemon,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
SO I do not know if it's the best topic for this but I just received my mityvac starline pro in aluminium with pressure/vac gauge...and BOY I AM PLEASED!
http://davethetools.com/ebay/var/resizes/Mityvac/Mityvac MV8500.jpg?m=1330196009
This baby reaches -30 psi really easy compared to any manual vacuum pump I have tried/seen, and comes with ALL the thinkable attachments. The liquid chamber is in VERY SOLID plastic that is done to support those kind of pressures!
I've vacpurged a batch of 5 g. I had just done yesterday, with BEAUTIFUL results... ME HAPPY!
i have the same one. if ur gonna go manual, that is the way to go! good price too

Bob Loblaw,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
U welcome Weedemon, yes prices dropped down a few days ago and I was waiting for it! ;-)
And yes Bob I live in a flat downtown and though my wife "tolerates" my new "chemistrish hobby" it is not to the point she will accept to see/hear an electrical vacpump in the living room + manual is cool as you get hands/forearms exercise in bonus! ROFL!

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation

This looks awesome FL! I have always disregarded manual vacs, because AFAIK they couldn't reliably reach -30. Has anyone tested this one with a reliable gauge to see that it can reach, and maintain -26 - -30? If so, I might have to pick one of these up!

Purpl3_Haz3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
This looks awesome FL! I have always disregarded manual vacs, because AFAIK they couldn't reliably reach -30. Has anyone tested this one with a reliable gauge to see that it can reach, and maintain -26 - -30? If so, I might have to pick one of these up!
Yes bro, as stated...MityVav is a great US company and the gauge is reliable IMO, as all their litterature & specs on each model (http://www.mityvac.com/). I have left it on -30 psi for + 10 mn and it went down to -29! It is the shit compared to any other hand vac I have tested and even compared to the plastic ones from the same brand (-27 max.)...another level, period (this is like my dremel torch is for the torch market in the vacpumps world: TOPNOTCH , DURABLE & RELIABLE)!
But yes I would love to see comparison results with another gauge to see if the figures from the MV 8500's one are reliable!

FLskwat,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Yes bro, as stated...MityVav is a great US company and the gauge is reliable IMO, as all their litterature & specs on each model (http://www.mityvac.com/). I have left it on -30 psi for + 10 mn and it went down to -29! It is the shit compared to any other hand vac I have tested and even compared to the plastic ones from the same brand (-27 max.)...another level, period (this is like my dremel torch is for the torch market in the vacpumps world: TOPNOTCH , DURABLE & RELIABLE)!
But yes I would love to see comparison results with another gauge to see if the figures from the MV 8500's one are reliable!

Thanks for the reply! I may end up grabbing one of these in a couple weeks then. It will hands down be better than just heat purging, IMO.

Purpl3_Haz3,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
curious, do you have the 2200 model (stand-up) or the 2000 model (lay down), in terms of dremel torch
I like how your curiosity is precise Bob!!! The Versaflame, stand-up 2200 is the one I have as I felt it was more suited for my uses then the versatip (lay down, pen style 2000 model, very attractive though)... And I can tell you the whole kit was far beyond my expectations for 50 bux. Uncomparable to any other creme brulée, chinese dangerous torch, etc... (plus it comes with all the attachments for soldering etc...)
To finish this listing of TOPNOTCH UBER RELIABLE concentrate tools, and though I already said it in a few threads around here: in the market of pocket torchs this japanese bad boy (Prince PB-207) :
http://www.prince-lighter.com/torch/C_PB-207.jpg
is from another galaxy compared to others: block function, stand, virtually unbreakable... I have 2 and they are running as day 1 after more then 5 years of EXTENSIVE USAGE!
Hope that helped! ;)
BTW, Bob, G. has been linking me to your videos on the hammer top tests... I LIKE! Keep the good work up!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I like how your curiosity is precise Bob!!! The Versaflame, stand-up 2200 is the one I have as I felt it was more suited for my uses then the versatip (lay down, pen style 2000 model, very attractive though)... And I can tell you the whole kit was far beyond my expectations for 50 bux. Uncomparable to any other creme brulée, chinese dangerous torch, etc... (plus it comes with all the attachments for soldering etc...)
To finish this listing of TOPNOTCH UBER RELIABLE concentrate tools, and though I already said it in a few threads around here: in the market of pocket torchs this japanese bad boy (Prince PB-207) :
http://www.prince-lighter.com/torch/C_PB-207.jpg
is from another galaxy compared to others: block function, stand, virtually unbreakable... I have 2 and they are running as day 1 after more then 5 years of EXTENSIVE USAGE!
Hope that helped! ;)
BTW, Bob, G. has been linking me to your videos on the hammer top tests... I LIKE! Keep the good work up!

thanks, hard to find one online fo sho. had to get one from ebay uk and it cost me closer to $80 w/ shipping. considering i have already gotten 3 $60 torches, all of which have had the igniter go out, the extra dough isn't gonna stress me. thanks for the recommendation.
glad u like the videos! i actually just posted a new one with some oil rigs my buddy makes. you can find it thru my youtube channel or in the cheap, quality bubbler thread.
EDiT - as this is the oil thread i might as well post here as well
$90 and $130 for FC members
thanks again!

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: FLskwat

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Was looking at it right now... Damn, I like the design of those though I'm normally not into inlines at all... Original shapes and neet clean glass!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Was looking at it right now... Damn, I like the design of those though I'm normally not into inlines at all... Original shapes and neet clean glass!
thanks, man. yea, my buddy is pretty talented and considering this is his first oil rig design i am quite proud of him.

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: FLskwat

SD_haze

thanks, man. yea, my buddy is pretty talented and considering this is his first oil rig design i am quite proud of him.

The only thing I'd really like different on it is a thicker base, but for $90/130 thats definitely worth it. Had one other question about it, I know it those two globe sections to reduce the splashbck, but it looks like when you're hitting it @ max velocity on the mini, you're getting a little water on the lips.

Is that just an optical illusion? Or was it just because the water level was extra high in the beginning?

SD_haze,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
The only thing I'd really like different on it is a thicker base, but for $90/130 thats definitely worth it. Had one other question about it, I know it those two globe sections to reduce the splashbck, but it looks like when you're hitting it @ max velocity on the mini, you're getting a little water on the lips.

Is that just an optical illusion? Or was it just because the water level was extra high in the beginning?
i feel ya on the base and i mentioned it to him.
not an optical illusion. only when the water level was high on the mini did i get water in mouth. when it's low the water got to the mouthpiece, but only when i sucked like i was stealin' gas from from an occupied cop car. still didn't get in mouth, tho. am waiting for clear skies to take macro pics of inline itself

Bob Loblaw,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Beautiful pix Marcellus!
Just had a flash using my beloved SSV: this vape with the aromatop on and on the lowest temp setting is a very good tool for someone who would like to do a very slow & controlled heat purge, and peaople could even leave the erll for a 4h runs without worrying!
Now that I am vacpurging I will probably not use this tip that much but thought it could be useful for some!

Top Bottom