Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

High Sigh

SG addict
Nice oil! Mango has always given me the best yields but for some reason it always auto budders for me after about 15 mins. Does anyone else get this? Maybe Mango requires lower heat? Its some of my favorite herb but budder is such a turn off for me.

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Nice oil! Mango has always given me the best yields but for some reason it always auto budders for me after about 15 mins. Does anyone else get this? Maybe Mango requires lower heat? Its some of my favorite herb but budder is such a turn off for me.

Yea man. I've been getting so much mango lately. and the yields are insane, I stopped using so much heat during my purge and I get shatter everytime with it now. My girlfriend likes the budder so I let her make that lol. If you are oven purging to molten before you vac skip that extra heat part, thats what makes it budder for me.

to get this mango to shatter I leave it spread as much as I can on the parch and put it in the chamber with the hot water like no more than 140f prolly, about a -28 to -29 vac. takes about 2-3 turns turns with my hand pump to get most of it out

MarcellusWiley,
Reactions: FLskwat

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Yea man. I've been getting so much mango lately. and the yields are insane, I stopped using so much heat during my purge and I get shatter everytime with it now. My girlfriend likes the budder so I let her make that lol. If you are oven purging to molten before you vac skip that extra heat part, thats what makes it budder for me.

to get this mango to shatter I leave it spread as much as I can on the parch and put it in the chamber with the hot water like no more than 140f prolly, about a -28 to -29 vac. takes about 2-3 turns turns with my hand pump to get most of it out

You nailed it there! hot water bath an vac = amber/shatter...MIAM!

High Sigh

SG addict
Just by curiosity, do you water bath it or put it in the oven before scraping and putting on parchment? Ive been using the oven at 150 and I guess it turns out thats a bit high because it budders in there.

High Sigh,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Just by curiosity, do you water bath it or put it in the oven before scraping and putting on parchment? Ive been using the oven at 150 and I guess it turns out thats a bit high because it budders in there.

I water bath it initially till i get most of that liquid butane. then I get some water heated for the vac purge part. I spread it out as much as possible on parchment and then put it in the vac chamber inside the water bath and pump it up to -28,-29.

I think the oven at 150 is what causes it to budder. just rely on the secondary heat of the water if you want to get shatter, more direct heat has given me budder

MarcellusWiley,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
i gotta say tho, some of the higher terpin strains like mango have a tendency to auto budder, regardless.
i just had a very fruity strain do that to me over a week after product was finalized. started seeing strands of bubbles and i was like, wtf?, as i machine vac purge and seemed impossible. a few more days and it's getting worse and worse. i have lots of pens, rigs, and oil jars so it wasn't for a few more days that i checked it and on the surface it looked as glassy and honey clear colored as at the start, but as soon as i moved it, it buddered up. all the above is good advice, no matter what, just don't be too disappointed when it happens again with this strain.

EDiT - i like to spread my oil thin on parchment, then put that in a small pyrex dish that has been double boiled to temp in another slightly less small pyrex dish, all of which go in the vac chamber.
well, i did b4 tami ;)

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
This goes on:
N°3

N°4

N° 5: FINAL PRODUCT with honeycombing!

Concentrate Family Pix (from top to bottom: a 100% hash BHO, the mix budder,a little piece of the original moroccan hash used for the runs, a piece of homemade iceolator and a 100% haze BHO!)

img0832vg.jpg

ENJOY!

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
I am just starting to read about oils - never have done it before, what is the Hi like comparability to pure plant material? Is it that intense?

mvapes,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
If you like vaporizing you are sure to love oil. It's the same idea but concentrated. No combustion feeling so you just get a super rush of pure cannabinoids and there's nothing like it! And the best part is kinda like vaping you can dab (pack) the tiniest amounts to medicate or keep you high and its clean and pure as long as it is properly made.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
If you like vaporizing you are sure to love oil. It's the same idea but concentrated. No combustion feeling so you just get a super rush of pure cannabinoids and there's nothing like it! And the best part is kinda like vaping you can dab (pack) the tiniest amounts to medicate or keep you high and its clean and pure as long as it is properly made.

I like things that keep me high! lol - My tolerance has become somewhat of an issue - I am hoping dabs will help.

mvapes,
Reactions: survyvr

SD_haze

I like things that keep me high! lol - My tolerance has become somewhat of an issue - I am hoping dabs will help.
FYI, I found the underdog to do oils very well, if its easy enough to get it in the stem for you. First hit melts it down into the herb, and then the subsequent ones are big big clouds.

SD_haze,
Reactions: mvapes

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
My new dome came the other day :)
Here's a vid I shot of the inaugural dab (of ABV oil)

About 1 second after the oil hit the nail, I knew I wasn't gonna be able to do the whole dab...
But I couldn't pull out then :lol:
At least I got most of it :lol:

Modnote: Closeups of the dome or else.

Top Bottom