Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Freddy the detail on the eye is so nutty. Just sat there marveling at the details, intensity and talented artistry that goes to something like that or Mr Wiley's spectacular dab dragon. :tup:

Puffers,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
So I ran some oil last night. It was my first run ever. The oil came out fine but my yield seems really low. So I ran approx 18 grams. 2.5 g of popcorn buds and about 15.5 g of Abv. Now obviously running mostly abv I wasn't expecting huge yields but it seems like I only got like a quarter of a gram. Which I would have expected from just the 2.5g of fresh green.... I chilled the butane in freezer over night, packed the tube tightly to allow the butane to pass through all the plant matter, broke the 2.5 grams up enough to de stem it, and blasted the better part of a full can. The oil came out a nice amber and is potent but I thought I was going to end up with more like a half gram???? Any thoughts? what kind of yield do you guys see with ABV?

Puffers,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So I ran some oil last night. It was my first run ever. The oil came out fine but my yield seems really low. So I ran approx 18 grams. 2.5 g of popcorn buds and about 15.5 g of Abv. Now obviously running mostly abv I wasn't expecting huge yields but it seems like I only got like a quarter of a gram. Which I would have expected from just the 2.5g of fresh green.... I chilled the butane in freezer over night, packed the tube tightly to allow the butane to pass through all the plant matter, broke the 2.5 grams up enough to de stem it, and blasted the better part of a full can. The oil came out a nice amber and is potent but I thought I was going to end up with more like a half gram???? Any thoughts? what kind of yield do you guys see with ABV?
Depending on how the ABV has been vaped... I have dark brown abv's and never have been above 3% yield ;-) I do not even bother!

FLskwat,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Depending on how the ABV has been vaped... I have dark brown abv's and never have been above 3% yield ;-) I do not even bother!

It was decently dark but even at about 3% of 15grams that's close to a half gram from just abv.... Even if I only pulled 10% from the greens should yield close to 3/4 of a gram collectively..... Did I do something wrong to only see like a .25 g? I only did one run I didn't try a repack but still....

Puffers,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
when making oil, you get out what you put in and ABV, doesn't have anything left, (in terms of thc, which is what butane mostly gets). good bud or trim makes good oil. anything else....

Bob Loblaw,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Try NOT chilling the butane (not needed), and chilling your product to be sprayed instead...

I too don't bother with spraying ABV... just not worth it to me.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Try NOT chilling the butane (not needed), and chilling your product to be sprayed instead...

I too don't bother with spraying ABV... just not worth it to me.

I thought about that..... But my thinking was that chilling the butane would help the solvent stay in a liquid state longer giving a more efficient extraction but is probably unnecessary due to the butane flashing chills the extraction vessel well below freezng anyway. Because of the liquid flashing causing the vessel and material to be well below freezing I thought chilling the material would be unnecessary and possibly trap more water? Am I wrong on these thoughts?

Thanks for all your help and input guys

Sounding like I may just turn the rest of my abv into coco oil with lecithin :shrug:

Puffers,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I thought about that..... But my thinking was that chilling the butane would help the solvent stay in a liquid state longer giving a more efficient extraction but is probably unnecessary due to the butane flashing chills the extraction vessel well below freezng anyway. Because of the liquid flashing causing the vessel and material to be well below freezing I thought chilling the material would be unnecessary and possibly trap more water? Am I wrong on these thoughts?

Thanks for all your help and input guys

Sounding like I may just turn the rest of my abv into coco oil with lecithin :shrug:
it will reduce waxes and the like (starting with the butane and product frozen) however it does make the tane harder to move thru the tube, which means longer contact time, unless under pressure; but yeah, ur best turning abv into coco oil.

farscaper

well, i had been posting this stuff in the "share your dab stash" thread... But really that seems more for the purchasing and less for the making... Which I do. :brow:

From seed to here... what a journey. and what a wax! I give you some THC Bomb wax.
yum!
015_zps55c34f79.jpg

farscaper

Do you do your purge on the oil slick pad, or do you only use it to smear finished product on?

ive been thinking about getting one... ALT also has a nifty ball to store in LMAO

iQo8hFahS5qjV.jpg

Some homemade using my shatter tec. The right is actually second run as well :D clear as daaay perfect to make bhombs!

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Do you do your purge on the oil slick pad, or do you only use it to smear finished product on?

ive been thinking about getting one... ALT also has a nifty ball to store in LMAO
I mainly use them to store but they work well for purging in a vac after scraping

MarcellusWiley,
Reactions: smokum

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
BHO run from fresh chopped (and wet) three week early harvested PK & PDD trim/popcorn due to unsupported splittage :doh: .

Either way... she was oober lemony/citrous & a brain biter at only mostly clear and cloudy yet finished as rock hard glassy candy. Even took half & quick hit it with a heat gun along with a short whipping which gave me a very nice budder.

I'll have to run a qwiso with the trash because it was just too wet & sticky to hit a full surface area wash & scoped a ton of whole trich heads still there between the goods that where shielded with it like that.

Far from disappointed :smug: as this is only the beginning of steps towards learning to play with new toys :science: and I can hardly wait to try it again with some dry cured bud only :mmmm: .

Sorry about the crappy pics, but I only had my cell with me :disgust: .

Pre-finished hot water bath purge only:

2ywveaf.jpg

Post 3rd vac purge session with recently acquired electric vac & chamber:

o59h7l.jpg

Really crappy pic of the budder:

3323zbb.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Hihi, thx, I saw the Intl. shipment for 30 bux...paid and waiting for it!

Yes BTW, it is THAT simple and is very useful BOTH for extracting without scraping/loss and storing!

FLskwat,

farscaper

IM sold, im gonna either order from ALT tomorrow at the sale or Ebay tonight depending on if i can get the lady to let me get the glass adapter I want too!:brow:

farscaper,
Top Bottom