Tek Spiderman's Oil Extravaganza!

Lip465

woooo
Just made some qwiso but it turned out pretty black. Does CVS have ethanol I can use as a solvent for a second wash?

Lip465,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
CVS is a chain of Pharmacies. I've never seen Ethanol there, but it may vary by state (I'm in Cali).

:peace:
it definitely does. you might want to look it up locally. OR we can get it in liquor stores, but i know in WA and CA you can't.

Bob Loblaw,

SD_haze

Not quite a globe, not quite a skillet.
Not quite a bubbler.

TI Tube on a Hamm bubbler :haw:
538498_208105145973978_100003234832340_359851_1272345612_n.jpg

High Sigh

SG addict
I love those ti tubes, I almost got one off BM but someone snagged my matching color. How well do they work? I feel like the oil would get sucked in if you drew too hard or if it was too big a dab.

High Sigh,

StickyShisha2

i have watched a few videos of the Ti tube. Haven't yet seen one without that wasted puff of vapor going the other way. :thumbdown:

StickyShisha2,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
The best part about the tube is supposed to be the airflow. If you have pieces that get too restricted by a nail then it should work much better with the ti tube as far as functionality. I'm ordering one today so when it comes i'll let you guys know how it hits! I got a female version to go along with my penta disc.

MarcellusWiley,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Cool yes I'd like a review on the tube! I would also like to know what about the domeless nails (K.O. and other brands) and I'm also trying to find a picture of the "boro-farm periscopes" we are hearing about since a few days to see what is all the hype about... No success!
BTW I also have to add my comments comparing 14 mm vs. 18; glass vs. Quartz vs. Ti; Curve vs. Globe; sideloading dome vs. toploading dome in the new concentrate accessory thread; and a little pic of my SYN double can new oil rig too!! Too much ongoing on the concentrate planet these days!!! :D

FLskwat,

SD_haze

i have watched a few videos of the Ti tube. Haven't yet seen one without that wasted puff of vapor going the other way. :thumbdown:
BHOmbs without any wasted puff 'o' vapor :D

The coolest part to me is the fact that the TI Tube heats up in, like, 2 seconds. Think about how much longer it will last and stay pristine without having to heat it up so long for every use.Plus less wear & tear on your torch and reduced butane costs

SD_haze,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Nice amber !! And the pic is a good representation of the words..... my cup spillith over ;)

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
My homemade mango wax/budder tower! Couple different textures from the same mango nugs, run about 8g usually getting 1.5-1.6 return

ijiGZh.jpg

GST6Vh.jpg

MarcellusWiley,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've been collecting the ISO I've been using to clean my pieces, so tonight I've decided to evap it all off and see what sort of result I get.

It started off as 100% ISO, so it should evap off relatively quickly.

Would I need to go for a double boiler setup to purge out all the ISO, or will it all evap out cleanly given enough time?

I've got about 125ml of fairly amber ISO, so it'll be nice to see what I get :)

The best part is, since this is all from cleanings, its all bonus oil :D

Here are a few pics I just snapped of the ISO ready to Evap:

I forgot to run it through a coffee filter first, so there is a little bit of particulate in the bottom there.
I'm not too worried about it though, since its not going into my Omicron, its mostly gonna be used to top loads in the LSV.

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I forgot to run it through a coffee filter first, so there is a little bit of particulate in the bottom there.
I'm not too worried about it though, since its not going into my Omicron, its mostly gonna be used to top loads in the LSV.

my suggestion?
freeze in sealed container, filter, double boil.
rewash in everclear (if possible) and repeat.
will taste much better and be much cleaner. do not combust alcohol based concentrates
as they turn into a toxic sugar. hope that helps

Bob Loblaw,
Reactions: FLskwat

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I've just done mine yesterday. 7.6g of reclaimed oil, mostly from my dabbing rig. I left it in the freezer for 24hrs, filtered out the gunk with a coffee filter (I'm not sure the everclear stage is needed, although I've not tried- there seems to be plenty of condensate from the ISO solution in the first freeze-filtering. I have tried re freezing, and some very small amount of cloudiness that I think are water crystals form in the bottom, but these melt as the solution warms) then left it on a dish and put it into my fan assisted oven at 50 C with the door slightly open. A few hours it had all evaporated and left me with a nice dish full, which I scraped up into the dish below. Tastes like shit though, but not much residue is left on the nail.
wlq2js.jpg

WatTyler,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
:o Damn Wat, thats a lotta oil...

@Bob
What does freezing it do?
I've read of freezing for QWISO runs, but I thought that was to lower the amount of chlorophyll etc?

I don't have access to everclear, but I am looking onto getting ethanol for an ABV BHO run (as suggested in the ABV concentrated thread).
I assume that they are basically doing the same thing?

No combustion will be happening here, so theres no need to worry about those sugar either :tup:

Frederick McGuire,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
@Bob
What does freezing it do?
I've read of freezing for QWISO runs, but I thought that was to lower the amount of chlorophyll etc?

I don't have access to everclear, but I am looking onto getting ethanol for an ABV BHO run (as suggested in the ABV concentrated thread).
I assume that they are basically doing the same thing?
I'm not Bob, but I'll see if my answer helps anyway; I believe it precipitates out the plant waxes which are less soluble in alcohol.

I've always read of methanol being used in the USA. I can't get it here, so just froze my ISO- it seems to precipitate out the same. But without being able to compare I'm not sure. I know Weedemon searched out some ethanol specifically for this purpose, but that it came with additives (I don't think this was an issue though?) WD- have you compared it to the amount of precipitate from a winterized ISO solution?

Part of me wonders whether the ethanol is just preferred by those trying to clean straight BHO for taste reasons- and that there's no real advantage in using it if ISO has been the carrier anyway as it is with our reclaim. Any chemists got a good answer for me?

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
yes freezing will help precipitate out the waxes.
the reason for rewashing with ethanol is that different solvents have different polarities.
ISO has one of the highest w/ cannabis so it will take the most waxes and other impurities.
ethanol has a much lower polarity so less waxes will carry over to the new solvent and will be easier to precipitate out when freezing. does that make sense?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Yep, Totally :)
thanks for the info.

Update:
I put a lid on my evap container last night. It wasn't air-tight, but enough to stop most of the ISO evapping.

I ran it through a coffee filter today (took its sweet time going through :lol:), and its currently in a double boiler :)

And my new birdhouse dome arrived today :)
So I may have to do a dab or 2 after all :lol:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
And my new birdhouse dome arrived today :)
So I may have to do a dab or 2 after all :lol:
Do a proper run of nice buds frederick is my advice. Let your first dab be a special one rather than foul tasting reclaim! I remember mine about 7-8 months or so ago now- it felt like my face was falling off. I sound like a junkie when I say I haven't been as high since.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Do a proper run of nice buds frederick is my advice. Let your first dab be a special one rather than foul tasting reclaim! I remember mine about 7-8 months or so ago now- it felt like my face was falling off. I sound like a junkie when I say I haven't been as high since.
+1000. Wat, we have the same consumption pattern, same time frame, same tolerance build-up (the only difference is I do not dab my reclaim ;-)... It felt like I was speaking!
So yes Frederick, follow this excellent advice my friend!

Top Bottom