lazylathe

Almost there...
@blackstone

Thanks for the tips!
I only use convection vapes, so just finding the sweet spot on the dial and I should be somewhat in!
And now you tell me there is a @DDave adapter for the SSV as well??
More research! Loves Dave's equipment! That is his vape equipment...:rofl:

AND....out of stock. Just as well! Get to learn to tame the beast first and then dive into all the options!
Not even really sure what I am getting! LOL! It was a blemished one and not a lot of description.

Last edited:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
@blackstone

Thanks for the tips!
I only use convection vapes, so just finding the sweet spot on the dial and I should be somewhat in!

AND....out of stock. Just as well! Get to learn to tame the beast first and then dive into all the options!
Not even really sure what I am getting! LOL! It was a blemished one and not a lot of description.
@lazylathe Apologies friend. Should be receiving "a lost" batch of stock next week... then a quality check and will open up the listings.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
@blackstone

Thanks for the tips!

Oh! How exciting! What colors did they send, if you don't mind me asking?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
When I bought my blem unit, they sent silver with a purple base, yellow heater core color, purple wand and black and red knob. Love, love, love my SSV, but think I will replace the knob with yellow or purple one day when I'm putting in an order. The black and red is just a little jarring with the purple.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

Thanks for the link @Vapeur Rogue . But wow, those are a bit pricey at $50 before shipping.

Don't get me wrong, they look handmade, so I'm sure that they're worth the price. But I just did a bit of googling and see that you can get them for less than $10

For example: https://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-1048-premium-hookah-hose-covers.html

Or, maybe I should just get some material from the fabric shop for a couple bucks and make one myself. Yeah, maybe I'll do that....

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
@Ramahs Yeah. I Will be getting a Tubo Evic at some point, likely will get one then, if I get into whip vapes- (Indeed, I spotted this post as I'm preparing to catch up on reading this thread) It would not be hard at all to DIY that decoration- and hence apply the concept to any whip.

Vapeur Rogue,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
@Ramahs Yeah. I Will be getting a Tubo Evic at some point, likely will get one then, if I get into whip vapes- (Indeed, I spotted this post as I'm preparing to catch up on reading this thread) It would not be hard at all to DIY that decoration- and hence apply the concept to any whip.

Yeah. Decoration was all I was going for...Largely to hide the whip as it gets dirty.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Thanks @blackstone I've been REALLY enjoying the ssv. It never let's you down. Water is definitely on my to do list, but I'm really loving it dry. Anybody use a wooden mp, and if so which?

Also what is this @DDave upgrade? I feel I already want it lol.
The DDave upgrade is fantastic for more efficient extraction. The kit for SSV is a great deal, as are his other kits. For $30 you get 18mm glass wand, 14mm glass wand, 18mm to 14mm shorty adapter, a water tool adapter in either 14mm or 18mm for when you decide to try water, 2 2 1/2 feet silicone whips (one flexible and one rigid), 6× 14mm basket screens and 3 custom basket screens. The Micro-mod loads as little as .025g to .05g, so you save weed, and the kit virtually pays for itself in saved product.
I love having an 18mm back up wand, the watertool adapter is essential if you want to use water, and I am happy to be able to continue to use my glass even though I no longer smoke. The 14mm Borosilicate wand and adapter are real game changers. You can get massive hits with just a pinch of herb, and quickly get back to what you were doing, only you are now highly medicated.
Not only are you getting versatile, high quality products, but @DDave is a highly respected member of FC with a commitment to the vaping community. He's a stickler for quality control, and is one if the nicest people you will ever deal with.

Last edited:

TNT_error

Yeah I was checking it out earlier. Looks like something I'll need sooner rather than later. Thanks for the info. What are some after market mp people are using?

Vitolo

Vaporist
Last edited by a moderator:

Vapeur Rogue

Est. 2013- Never Lookin' Back
Hi all- so, I have decided to start saving for my own Super Surfer, but I have a few remaining questions. Is this a case of "read the whole thread first" or can I just post a few on this end? Some are regarding compatibility with DDave's mods.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Top Bottom