1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by vtac, Oct 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Active Member

So I have had a few days to try the Super Surfer, and I noticed right away that it packs a whollop. It hits a lot harder than my Silver Surfer, and I'm not referring to bags, or using the fan. I can't think why this would be. I've only had my SSV a few months, and it has a new heater core. My SSV has a ground glass wand, and the Super Surfer is spherical ground glass . Could that be the difference? Or maybe the individual wand and heater cover are such that they make a difference? I tested using the same Black Cherry Haze and Berry White, so that isn't it. The SSV is great and all, but the Super Surfer does hit harder. That doesn't make sense to me.

2. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Spherical glass could be it, thats what my silver is and it kicks hard when I turn up the heat

Madri-Gal and hoptimum like this.
  3. TheSaddestShitIsImBadAsIt

TheSaddestShitIsImBadAsIt Well-Known Member

I have a DBV but I’m posting in here as it seems more active. I got a replacement heating element and should have checked it more closely before putting it in my vape. I turned it on and noticed spots glowing differently, I turned it off and noticed they were dark lines. Just like the one I replaced because of similar damage. Are these ceramic rods meant to have this discolouration or am I unlucky?

Madri-Gal likes this.
  4. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

The heater on my LSV looks cracked when its hot and the one in my used Buddha had a dull spot for awhile when I started using it. If its working well I wouldn't worry about it too much.

5. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Active Member

Then I might just try a different heater cover and wand in spherical gg. Thanks, Wall.

wall likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors