1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by vtac, Oct 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

thinking about grabbing an ssv locally. for 50 bux... I don't think I can pass it up. All I need is the tubing for the wand and mp. hmmm I think I cant go wrong with it.

Flow, shredder, 7thFloorVapes and 2 others like this.
  2. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

Should be ok. Tubing isn’t too expensive. Check that the knob doesn’t wobble and the ceramic heating element extends close to the top of the heater cover.

7thFloorVapes and Zow237 like this.
  3. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

The tubing is 6.50 not bad haha

7thFloorVapes likes this.
  4. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Before you spring for new glass break out your 18.8mm male to male adapter, a screen and a piece of tubing.
    [​IMG]
    It is an old mod but it is cheap and it works.
    [​IMG]
    If the hack works for you you might look into the 7th Floor mod kits by DDave Mods. The prices are comparable to factory replacement parts and there are some significant advantages, IMO. Good Luck

5. hoptimum

which heater cover are you getting? The main 3 are spherical, standard and ground glass

6. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Im about to find out @hoptimum it's a ground one. Is that cool?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  7. hoptimum

they're all cool. I ask because the setup @howie105 suggests works with the ground glass and not the others. you should be in good shape.

blackstone, 7thFloorVapes and Zow237 like this.
  8. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Nice! I have that adapter and screen :) thanks @howie105
    Going to grab the unit soon :). I've never used an ssv I'm pretty stoked :)

9. nickb

nickb SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,

I use a Heater cover from the life saber, then the ground glass whip that typlcally uses the SSV GG Heater cover, If you put the life saber HC on the SSV the whip sits perfectly in there and I put the DDave 18MM screen at the end of my GG whip and the flower goes in there i give it a little very light pack basically so it dose not fall out while inverted, but i have had all of the SSV heater cover /Whip combos and this way hits the aboulute best and is the most convient especially if you like to take bong rips with it

if you get one of the DDave 18mm screens it should fit right on the end of the whip perfectly and gets you a little closer to the heater

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r607/nickbert/IMG_20180114_141738_zpsjsrqmlyi.jpg
    http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r607/ni

that is my set up

http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r607/nickbert/IMG_20180114_141738_zpsjsrqmlyi.jpg
    http://i1174.photobucket.com/albums/r607/ni

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2018
  10. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Has anyone ever tried installing a flat screen in the gg wand rather than a domed one?.....Hey Guy. I nested an E- Nano basket screen inside a basket screen and got a fairly flat surface and then nested those inside a third basket screen (depth adjustment). It worked but it took too much fiddling so I went with the DDave Mods because they work as well without the hassle.

grokit, DDave and 7thFloorVapes like this.
  11. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

I am so happy that I went and bought this for 50 bux :) super tasty and huge rips!!!! fast extraction. idk why I didn't want an ssv ever. ill put down my fp and gs for this. much smoother vapor and tastier imo. :) damn

hoptimum, shredder, asdf420 and 4 others like this.
  12. 7thFloorVapes

7thFloorVapes Well-Known Member Company Rep

We built them to last forever.

[​IMG]

asdf420, grokit, Alexis and 4 others like this.
  13. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Alexis and blackstone like this.
  14. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Loving the shit out of my ssv!! Cheers all got some sour tangie n dream berry haze :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    blackstone, grokit and Stu like this.
  15. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

16. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

For me it's also unbelievable! It's the best "way" and the most unreal tastes I've found since I began about 25yrs ago.
    Only wish I had known SSV was so good sooner!!
    It makes combustion or tobacco sooo fricken bad to even be around, taste or smell.

The other night, after getting three "things" I was trying one of them in the SSV, and my head shot up and said pineapple!
    I'm normally not the best with putting a name to a taste so quickly.
    Besides maybe liqorice, berry or citrus types?
    I always can't wait to find the sweet spot for this control knob with anything different I get, it must be a dream with one of these in a modern place!:tup:

Brand new, my element had a tiny mark maybe from installation, but it was just like a wax or paint type mark I would call it, from touching the surrounding parts, the heater cover, or a screwdriver handle.
    An iso wipe didn't fully remove it, and it even lit up brighter orange like some of these pics.
    But my own little experience in ceramic elements said it would be OK after a burn off, and over time it has disappeared.

Can't say what your's is but just saying, a straight through crack is not the only thing that might cause an extra bright glow in one area at some point.
    Give it a wipe, run it some more weeks and see if it remains stable?
    Cheap DIY element replacement was being fully discussed recently in the LSV thread, and most of it applies to this model too.:nod:

grokit likes this.
  17. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

It's def a crack I can run my finger nail in it. I must have done something. I'll have to check the diy, or I can send mine in like hour away from to there home base for 25 box to fix it? I believe. Def a flavor monster

18. blackstone

Pure as the mountain breeze!
    Might be a good idea for them to give your unit the all clear and see it in person as you're so close.
    Give you peace of mind too, and years more service!

Do you use it with or without water? Just now I tried starting without, and switched to water halfway through adding some more and stirring.
    Nice...... either way!

19. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

I've only been using it with water. It's been amazing. I need to try it dry

blackstone likes this.
  20. blackstone

Yeah I got the idea to turn it down a bit for when you're hitting it dry, make it more low end tasty than possibly drying.
    Plus the fact some heat actually makes it all the way up the whip too!
    (Shows how little of flavor or anything gets lost in the large bore whip?)
    But with water you can sure blast it alright wow!

Flow likes this.
  21. MileHighHuman

MileHighHuman Well-Known Member

I'd love to test the flavor. But anyways, got time to post video of how possibly dense the hits can get?

blackstone likes this.
  22. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Yeah and you can see why my rod may have cracked. :( there are so many people selling ssvs out here. Found someone selling a dbv and ssv brand new for 90 bux for both. I'm gonna grab them :)

blackstone likes this.
  23. blackstone

While you're waiting there is good footage of some quite dense hits on Vape Critics channel from years back.
    Click to play YouTube Video

MileHighHuman likes this.
  24. MileHighHuman

MileHighHuman Well-Known Member

Has performance decreased since crack in your heating rod? $25 to fix isn't bad considering you paid $50.

$75 still seems like a steal. Lol

Do you use this with whip?

Or are there any all glass air path compatible with this?

How much can bowl hold? And whats your favorite amount/size load to use with this?

Flow likes this.
  25. Zow237

Zow237 Well-Known Member

Working flawlessly :) @MileHighHuman i am using a 18mm gong like above. Can do eq basket or load up the gong. I like loading up the gong for that huge rip. Micro dosing is awesome too, one hit extractions. I feel that the ssv is smoother than my go and GS

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors