1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by vtac, Oct 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I have reduced mine a couple of times to 2 feet....
    Nowadays I appreciate and use the full length whip at 3 feet.

blackstone, SSVUN~YAH and dodgy_b like this.
  2. Flow

Flow Active Member

Less is more, try with small loads, try to turn your knob at around 11 O'clock for full flavor and give it a try for draw speed, you'll manage it easily in no time ;)
    I take a draw for 10 to 15 sec', fast is cooler draw, slow is warmer draw...
    Keep the whip lenght as it is for now and i might advise you to get used to it. Then later you might cut it a bit, but to my point that's not that important..

3. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Member

Cool. Thanks.

Any advice to warming the unit up if different than the included instructions? Lastly where on the dial is there a risk of combustion? I prefer low temps hits at first and then rarely push my portables higher than 410/420 at finish. Kind of a medium - dark brown abv

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  4. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

Moderate long draws for me but I have to try really hard to keep everything consistent with a new vape. Its the details like grind, load size, heat soak, pack and such that can produce very different results but I tend to change too many things at once if I am not careful.

5. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Member

Lol. Well said. I always over think a new vape too

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  6. howie105

Thats one of the joys of this board we all here to help...with over thinking vapes.:)

SSVUN~YAH and dodgy_b like this.
  7. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Member

Yeah I probably should be doing something more productive this Sat morning than planning my draw speed for Monday night...

howie105 and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  8. Tuck

Tuck Well-Known Member

I cut my whip. Draw speed depends on where you have the heat dialed into. Lower heat, slower draw. Higher heat, faster draw.

Flow, SSVUN~YAH and dodgy_b like this.
  9. Flow

Flow Active Member

First warming is FULL POWER for 20-30 min' to burn all factories oil residues…

it takes about 2 to 3 min to warm up from scratch… time for me to grind and load the stem quietly...
    If i wan't to increase TEMP, i turn the knob up and wait from 30 sec to a minute... during a session…
    The hotter the SSV, the easyer you burn your load !

Try to look from times to times throught your screen. It tend to clog and the "overall performance" of the silversurfer decrease and is more able to burn the load.

I unpack my bowl between each draw on my table, mix it a bit, and re-aspire it in my stem for next draw...

SSVUN~YAH and dodgy_b like this.
  10. dodgy_b

dodgy_b Member

Thanks for the tips. Especially the burn off. I hadn't planned on doing that but will tomorrow when it gets here.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    SSVUN~YAH and Flow like this.
  11. Larrytargeteye

Larrytargeteye Vapin' stevens

Hitting the ssv hard tonight,like its going to be taken away tomorrow!

blackstone, SSVUN~YAH, Flow and 2 others like this.
  12. nickb

nickb SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,

LoL there is no such a thing as a reverse 90 degree angle, if you reverse a 90 degree angle you still have a 90 degree angle

13. Larrytargeteye

One more tip.....make sure you save the wand hash!i had my first taste last night and its so powerful i can still still feel it this morning,the hash alone makes the ssv worth buying.

14. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

My brand new Silver Surfer is due to arrive tomorrow and it looks to be bang on schedule,
    I'm real excited to check it out!
    Have been really wanting pure convection and a proper whip.
    I'd like to check out the All Glass Path sometime too, do you hook those up hands free or move your head around with the wand??!

I've read back here 10 pages or so and also done a bit of searching and there is some great advice and funny reading too.
    Can't wait to ride the waves!

Flow and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  15. Larrytargeteye

Who used a ddave mod?how do people like to pack there basket screens?loose or tight??

16. howie105

I have an LSV and a Buddha and a DDM that I use on both, so while I may be a bit off on my remarks concerning the Surfer I think I am close. One of the big appeals of those units is the wide open air paths which I try to maintain that with a loose load pack. On the other hand a tighter pack in a reduced space isn't bad either so it's still coming down to daily preference. Beyond it's pack there are also all those other factors to play with grind, draw rates, actual knob setting, etc. What would you like to get out of your vape maybe there will be some specific suggestions folks can help

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017 at 9:40 AM
    SSVUN~YAH and Larrytargeteye like this.
  17. Larrytargeteye

Do you use a bubbler/bong?if so do you stack the vapour in the bong before you inhale it?

18. howie105

For that kind of hit I usually go with a dry steamroller type piece (1" bore X 13" length) which works well with the mouth puff thing. As close as I get with that using wet glass is shorter high diffusion piece with minimal water but I just can't stack it as well. Likely that is just my technique and preferences at play.

SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  19. Larrytargeteye

I suppose it's too late to be asking all the questions https://www.amazon.co.uk/P-Sungar-H...&qid=1512677275&sr=8-9&keywords=p+sungar+bong because I already ordered that...is it any good?it was only cheap!

20. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

SSVUN~YAH and howie105 like this.
  21. Larrytargeteye

It is 14mm,why is that important?what am i missing lol
    Thanks for the input,i seen a nice straight up and down bong yesterday for £20,i might nip back into town to buy it

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors