1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Silver Surfer Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Plug-in Vaporizers' started by vtac, Oct 26, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Active Member

Finally finished the entire thread! So excited, only now what do I read? I'll have to find a new thread. Any suggestions ?

SSVUN~YAH and DDave like this.
  2. YayVap

YayVap Member

Jsffp is right. Super easy dealing with 7th floor repair service. I bought a used surfer 10 yeArs ago and used it a couple years then one day it popped and my GFCI did too . I checked with 7th floor and they said no problem send it in. When I got it back it worked perfectly...still does...and it had a new heater cover with it. I think it cost $50 for me but mine wasn't under any type of warranty and the repair included the replaced part. the heater im pretty sure. Anyway I was completely satisfied.

Madri-Gal likes this.
  3. Tuck

Tuck Well-Known Member

I just got an email about a quartz essential oil kit for the silvers surfer, daBuddha, and super surfer. I know what I'm saving up for!

KidFated. and Madri-Gal like this.
  4. Ramahs

Ramahs Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017

I just acquired a SSV last weekend. I've had a Da Buddha for a couple years, and this seemed like a nice step up from that.

I doubt it'll be my daily driver, as my Woodscents Log currently fills that slot, but it is what I'll pull out when friends come over and we're not using concentrates.

5. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Been kicking around the idea of getting the silver surfer, I have quite a few vapes and love trying new stuff so this seems like a solid way to go

SSVUN~YAH and hoptimum like this.
  6. Ramahs

I have a handful of decent vapes. But I recently bought a silver Surfer (in addition to my Da Buddha) because it's such an iconic and specific paradigm shifting vaporizer in the history of vaporizers that it just needs to be in my collection. Plus, It still is a heavy-hitter. It'll definitely be my go-to vape to pull out when I have combustion friends over.

wall likes this.
  7. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Nice! Yeah and I love how its on demand

8. Ramahs

I very much prefer on-demand. Most of my vapes are on-demand.
    My main "daily-driver" currently is my Woodscents Log vape. In my experience, a log vape is the most efficient and powerful vape for a single person who mostly uses alone. It's the vape that stays plugged in by my computer desk so it's always available for a quick charge if I need to get some work done.

However, when I'm in my living room playing video games or otherwise hanging out with friends, I'll pull out my SSV or both my DBV and SSV if there are enough people. They're just simpler for new recruits.

KidFated. likes this.
  9. Ramahs

Oh, one thing to people who've used the multiple types of heater-cover/wand connection options (original, conical ground, and spherical ground). Which is your favorite and why, and what is your opinion on the other two?

I don't really care about the conical-type, because my DBV has that, and I doubt I'd want that one. But the SSV I recently acquired has the original glass coupling, and I'm curious if the spherical ground glass coupling is worth the investment as an upgrade to my SSV.

I'm not unhappy with what I have, and I don't want to spend the money on new parts if it's not going to be enough of a benefit.

SSVUN~YAH and KidFated. like this.
  10. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

When I had my ssv... I ordered a ground glass kit for it, even came with a mouthpiece. I like the original the best, but the ground glass is nice when using a water tool or more "hands free" usage, I haven't used the spherical ground glass set up, but pretty sure @Vitolo has used em all. Probably @stickstones too.

11. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

of the 3, the spherical is my favorite

Vitolo, SSVUN~YAH, KidFated. and 2 others like this.
  12. Ramahs

I have no interest in using mine with water. I have other vapes for that.

I do feel that with the original heater-cover/wand that I have, I can get very even colored ABV easier than with the conical connection on my DBV, because I can wiggle the wand around in a circular pattern while hitting it to get even coverage with the more pinpointed jet of air coming from the little hole on the heater cover.

It's a bit more "manual" (less-regulated) in operation, but I tend to lean toward more toward unregulated vapes that require a bit of technique because you can usually get a better experience once you master the technique than with a regulated experience.

Care to expound a bit more as to why you've come to that opinion?

Vitolo, SSVUN~YAH and KidFated. like this.
  13. hoptimum

With both the standard and the ground glass, the focus of the heat seems to be in the middle of the bowl, which is why stirring is usually required. the design of the spherical allows you to rotate the wand so that the heat can be distributed more evenly without stirring.

Vitolo, SSVUN~YAH and KidFated. like this.
  14. KidFated.

@hoptimum now I want another ssv to try the spherical..

Vitolo and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  15. Ramahs

Hmmm. I assume that you've used the standard? Because it seems to me that the design of the standard allows you to "rotate the wand so that the heat can be distributed more evenly without stirring" as well. Don't get me wrong, I still stir after every hit or two. That's just the nature of all these kind of vapes.

However, I was under the impression that the spherical basically gives you a tighter air-seal and allows you to have to rotate the wand LESS to get the same even heating. I'm not saying that you're wrong. I fully recognize that I may be wrong. I'm just trying to clarify my current understanding.

Vitolo, KidFated. and SSVUN~YAH like this.
  16. stickstones

stickstones Vapor concierge

I'm lazy so I like the versatility of the gong heater cover. I like hands free but not the metal clip.

KidFated. and Vitolo like this.
  17. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

18. KidFated.

@Vitolo my Dbv is up north. The ssv's were sold, and my lsv was sold as well. Time for a cosmetic second from 7th floor.

Ramahs and Vitolo like this.
  19. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

When they are available, it is always time for a blemished unit!

Ramahs and KidFated. like this.
  20. Ramahs

Thanks for the video! I already have the original (the one you said is you r favorite at the end), and I suspect I may come to the same conclusion. I just don't want to buy the cpherical glass set and then never use it.

I got mine on r/entexchange on reddit in nearly new condition for $150 including shipping. Good deals pop up over there all the time. I glance at new posts there on an almost daily basis.

21. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Active Member

Hey, does anyone know anything about the Super Surfer 2? Right now, the Super Surfer 1 is on sale for $200 down from $420. The Super Surfer 2 has the knob up front, a stronger fan, and different timing on the led lights, from what I see on the 7th Floor Site. I haven't tried the Super Surfer 1, but I'm not sure I shouldn't for $200.

Vitolo likes this.
  22. wall

wall Well-Known Member

I just picked up the silver surfer, don't have a need for a fan and led's

Ramahs likes this.
  23. hoptimum

the spherical setup exposes more of the surface area of your herb to the heat than the standard or the ground glass, and the opening diameter of the heater cover and the correspondending wand is wider. Also, the bowl is shallower than the other two. Combined with the shape, which is sort of like a ball and socket joint, you can rotate the wand to cover the herb a little more evenly and often avoid stirring altogether. (sorry for the late response)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Ramahs, Madri-Gal and wall like this.
  24. wall

wall Well-Known Member

This vape RIPS! Got mine yesterday and turned it up for the burn off, turned it back down and did 3 hits and well lets just say I wanted to respond to this thread last night and was un able to. I'm really excited about this

Ramahs, Flow, Madri-Gal and 1 other person like this.
  25. Madri-Gal

Madri-Gal Active Member

So my Super Surfer arrived, 4 days after I ordered it. We also ordered the 4 inch grinder in purple as well. I love my SSV, but am looking forward to infusing foods with the Super Surfer . I've also never used a spherical ground glass wand, and am curious about that. Right now is the initial burnoff, so I haven't used it yet. My son bought me the Super Surfer for my birthday. I'm thrilled. Just need to figure out recipes.

blackstone likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors