Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
:) There is a nasty tasting brew that we call Puke-a-cola .. which i am preparing for my friends.. when eating toughies (datura,hbwr,peyote,ayahuascas,iboga,canna edibles..) or something with unpleasant taste ..
This brew acts in two ways.. first few seconds are awful after that your mouth becomes numb and u stop feeling taste.. also has some calming effect on the stomach and helps to clear thing stuck on throat)..
The brew is from the first 10 anti-nausea cheap herbs *all used in aromatherapy )i could get from the nearest herbal shop + lemon juice... 1 lemon per person.|
Vaporizing lotus + wild dagga help me a lot during nausea caused by fresh amanitas .. :/..

Abysmal Vapor,

ChickenSurfer

So ever since the LSV came out I've been dying for complete GonG action for vaping (no obnoxious tubing). I'm sure I'm not the first here to do this, but I went over to 7th floor's LSV site the other day and grabbed a new heater cover and wand. Swap onto the SSV and BAM - The Silver Saber, haha. Whatchu guys think?
Glass on glass SSV

ChickenSurfer,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
ChickenSurfer said:
So ever since the LSV came out I've been dying for complete GonG action for vaping (no obnoxious tubing). I'm sure I'm not the first here to do this, but I went over to 7th floor's LSV site the other day and grabbed a new heater cover and wand. Swap onto the SSV and BAM - The Silver Saber, haha. Whatchu guys think?
Glass on glass SSV
I had the same idea bout the dbv :).. But no one then could tell me if the hc will fit :)..
Thx for sharing dude :).. I have a soldering iron station with ceramic element (like the one on Hakko) that is currently with a dbv heater cover(I gift it to a friend of mine and he is extremely happy that fits just perfect... I plan to order LSV hc and get another station may be i will make another bong ripper a happy vaporist :).

Abysmal Vapor,

cluffy

Vaker
ChickenSurfer, I'm impressed. I'm not gonna jump on that idea right away but it's going in the 'to do' folder... I'm pretty happy with my current system.

cluffy,

VaporEyeSore

ChickenSurfer said:
Glass on glass SSV
Now that looks very interesting! Lets see some comparison reviews :brow:

VaporEyeSore,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Nice idea ChickenSurfer, do you have any experience with the LSV?
how do the 2 compare with each other?

Now, for the main reason I came to post in here:

I have noticed a few times in this thread, someone will ask which is the best style heater cover, and the general consensus seems to be that the hand held is the best option (due to more control, greater vapor density, and easier stirring)

I just got a custom Ground Glass heater cover from 7th floor, and I have to disagree;
With the Hand Held, I tend to have 1 or 2 pulls with very little to no visible vapor, followed by vapor for however long the wand lasts.

With the GG, I get visible Vapor after about 1/3 of the first pull, and it is just as thick as the HH gets.

As I run my SSV through water, I also find it handy to have a free hand to pull out my stem to clear. when I use the HH, U have to hold the wand with my palm while using my fingers to pull out the stem. It's by no means difficult to do, but I have noticed I seem to be better at holding multiple things in one hand than most people I notice (e.g. I often hold my bong & wand with the same hand while stirring, whenever my friends use it, they always have to put the bong down on the table, detach the water pipe connector, and then stir the wand)...

I should point out that I mostly vape with my SSV at about 3 on the dial the whole time, so that may be why I'm getting better vapor density with the GG.
My other theory was that a larger air hole could be leading to a faster transfer of heat with more air rushing over the herb
(I know that faster air = cooler air, but I also know that enough air at X temp will heat the herb faster than less air at Y temp if the amount of extra air at X exceeds the effects of the temperature drop - I have no idea what it is called... Thermal transference? Let me put it this way, 1 drop of boiling water on your hand may hurt a bit, but dunking your hand into a container of hot tap water will probably hurt a lot more)

Having said all that, I do still prefer the HH wand, but that's more because I've become attached to that specific wand.

Frederick McGuire,

SD_haze

max said:
spleep said:
I wonder if that difference of experience was due to the Vapeing rather than smoking of weed or the lack of tobacco in the mix, or maybe a combination of both??
Tobacco is a stimulant, due to the nicotine. Smoke itself, is not, so the difference is mostly vapor vs. smoke. Vitolo's comment is dead on. A fresh hit of vapor will normally perk you up, even if it's late and you're about to fall asleep.

was reading thru this thread and saw this

just wanted to point out, tobaccos not a stimulant strictly

nicotine has stimulating effects at low doses (depending on tolerance ofc)
but it has depressant/relaxant effects at high doses
(also influenced by other external/internal factors some studies have shown)

but then on top of that, smoke inhaling any smoke has a sedative effect just from the body physically reacting (negatively) to smoke, trying to repair.

(sorry for offtopic just wanted to clarify :p)

SD_haze,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Frederick McGuire said:
Having said all that, I do still prefer the HH wand, but that's more because I've become attached to that specific wand.
I think you get denser hits because you are at 3 on the dial...
The small air hole on the Standard HC actually is capable of directing a hotter (although smaller) flow of air.
This is why we use the Hand Held wand, to aim that hot flow and get it any place we like, as opposed to the general direct flow of the hands free.
The compensation of a hotter dial is an excellent way to get great hits with the GonG hands free setup.
I use 2-3 pm on the dial alos when I surf "hands free"... whereas when I go "hand held/standard.. I use the same unit at 12 noon on the dial, and I do get absolutely monsterous hits!

Vitolo,

turtles

What's the airflow like on the ground glass heater cover set up?
Not hands free but still ground glass

turtles,
are we aloud to sell are vaporizer on this site? sorry I dont know or remember and if not I will edit my post, btw I do own a silver surfer and it really is a nice vaporizer

chocosmoke,

Qbit

cannabanana
Hey in case anyone's feeling keen and energetic, the SSV Vaporpedia entry could use some of work. There's SFA there at the moment. I might try and add something myself, but I may not get around to it for a bit.

Qbit,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
chocosmoke said:
are we aloud to sell are vaporizer on this site? sorry I dont know or remember and if not I will edit my post, btw I do own a silver surfer and it really is a nice vaporizer

Yes, there is a special thread to sell your vaporizers and accessories, but you need to be a member for at least 30 days with a minimum of 10 posts before you're allowed to post there. Just check out the OP for all of the rules:

Sell your vape or accessories thread

edit: never mind, Seek was quicker :p

OhTheAgony,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Vito,
I tend to use 3 when using the standard wand as well.
But that's just mostly laziness on my part.
That, and I do quite like the thick hits get from starting at a high temp.
I also didn't notice any particular issues from not being able to direct the heat flow, since stirring the load every 1-2 hits ensured everything got heated evenly.

I might need to do a few more tests with the standard wand for comparison.
I haven't used it since I get the ground glass...

Turtles,
I don't have a spherical ground glass (the handheld ground glass) heater cover, but my understanding is that it has similar airflow to the handsfree ground glass, and the airflow can be directed similar to the non ground glass version.I also remember reading that the spherical ground glass creates a better seal than the standard, but I've never noticed any issues with the seal on my standard wand...

Vito might be able to help you a bit more with that, I think he has all 3 versions.

Frederick McGuire,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I do have all 3 versions.The spherical is indeed a very nice addition.
It's capacity is actually a bit larger than the hands free. It holds about what the standard does.
The main difference lies in the wide open heat port.
The orifice of the heat port is the same diameter as the wands opening. this is a similar ratio to the hands free settup, but with the ability to aim. It parallels the standard hand held experience, except that the orifice in the standard HC is smaller, and more directed, which gives you a better control over the intake of hot air and directionality. The wider orifice requires less aiming, and because it is wider.... the "jet" of hot air you cause by sucking is not as hot in that one "pinpoint"(as the standard)... but, this is compensated for with a higher temp setting!
I will make a good graphic to show the difference.
I love all 3 versions, but I still use the standard HC and hand held wand for my Daily Surf.

Vitolo,

turtles

I've got the hand held and ground glass hands free, but the wand I have is developing a hairline crack at the end, so I was considering all of my upgrade options

turtles,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have always kept a couple spare standard wands.
A woman in our area has an SSV and has a pretty substantial hairline at the end.
She ordered a spare wand about 3 months ago, but has not started to use it yet... saying it was a backup in case hers went. The hairline crack wont affect function, but at some point will make the wand susceptible to cracking further upon impact with a hard surface.

Vitolo,

gvape

Anyone that has a Vapor Tamer...

Is it really worth it to get the Fatty Vapor Tamer for over double the price since the regular tamer is on sale for $30. Seems like quite a deal to get the regular one, but then again if it really doesnt work as good and the new one is that much better... Do I get the fatty then?

gvape,

Ash057

gvape said:
Anyone that has a Vapor Tamer...

Is it really worth it to get the Fatty Vapor Tamer for over double the price since the regular tamer is on sale for $30. Seems like quite a deal to get the regular one, but then again if it really doesnt work as good and the new one is that much better... Do I get the fatty then?

Fatty is much better! The increased size helps it cool longer and it has much better airflow than the smaller one.

Ash057,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I would never encourage a wasted expenditure of money.. as I am on SSI.
I have the Fatty Vapor Tamer, and have used the regular.
It is my opinion that the Fatty one's performance warrants that price difference.
If one was a strapped for cash, the original thinner Vapor Tamer is a great item, or gift... and for that $30 price, and would be wonderful for a friend that never tried one.
I personally having used both, would skip over the original and go with the Fatty one.

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
I told him the same thing this morning on the chat Vito, he's as cautious a shopper as I !! :-)

cluffy,

gvape

Way to make it hard Vitolo.

I was all ready to check out for the cheaper one, but you saying all this really makes it hard on me. Is there a size difference? Is the fatty a lot bigger? Maybe I should just get both and then I will not be in this rut. I hate missing such a good deal, but if it isnt even worth it....

cluffy said:
I told him the same thing this morning on the chat Vito, he's as cautious a shopper as I !! :-)

Cluffys actually the one who made me want to get one. I just wanna make sure Im spending the money where it should be and not just tossing it around for a toy that I wont use.

gvape,
Top Bottom