Vitolo

Vaporist
I understand fully.
Cluffy is a good man, and I respect his opinion.
I don't like to alter the paths of people.. and I sure as heck did not mean to make a choice difficult!
The Vapor Tamer does not get used daily... but by no means does it sit as a wasted tool!
I enjoy it.
Once in a while, when I bust it out for company... I will admit to a guilty pleasure of "pride" when they see it.
The Fatty Vapor tamer can stay cool through a half dozen hits easily and so never frustrates.
The thinner one, is fine for a fast blast or two alone, but it warms after a few hits.
I live in Arizona, where it is 110 on an average summer day.
I do have SSV water tools, but I medicate pretty darned often, and water is not always a convenience for me, nor is the cleanup!
The Fatty VT is easy to clean, and a nice size. It can be used with a screen and the end filled with herb.. or it can be used as I use it.. in place of the borasilicate mouthpiece, and I use the wand as normal. This removes the VT from the heat by a couple of feet of tubing... and lets it stay frozen longer.
I have pieces that I never use.
The VT is not one of them.
If the SSV is your main vape... the VT wont be unused at your place either.

Vitolo,

turtles

how do you like the SSV brand water tools vitolo? the bubblers and ice chambers seem like a nice weekend/long session tool
but I dont feel like they offer too much advantage over a regular bubbler/bong

turtles,

gvape

You in no way are altering my mind in a bad way, if anything your insight is very helpful.

My ssv actually ends up sitting a lot, just because I see it as a heavier hitter and normally I am using a log vape. But I do use my Epic a fair amount and I figured I could hook it up the same way at the end of the tube and use it as the mouthpiece. I also figure with the all the GONG I have, im sure I can find other uses for the tamer.

I was afraid of the smaller one not keeping cool as long and thus wasnt sure if I wanted to get that one because of this. I dont think restricted airflow would ever be a problem, but I have not tried either so I can't say much.

Are you saying you use it directly in to the vape? Not even attached to a whip? Can you do this with the original tamer too?

gvape,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can use it directly to the vape.. I said I did not do this.. I use it as the mouthpiece.

Water tools... I have the water adapters. I have used the SSV Ice chambers etc, and they work REALLY well. I do not own them, I use clear glass... personal preference! I think a regular bubbler does just as well in function, also.
The SSV ones offer that special artistic touch by their own glass blowers.

Vitolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
You do realize that if I ever decide to make the trek back home to visit, Im going to end up showing up on your doorstep Vito :ko:

But, no need to worry though - I dont plan on making it back home anytime soon :D

AGBeer,

cluffy

Vaker
I dunno Vito, I use my VT every day. First vapes in the morning and for 4:20 almost every time. I use it as much as possible. Only thing that slows me down is getting all vaked and forgetting to return it to the freezer (I'll get that mini fridge one of these days...). Thanks for the compliment Vito and the respect is mutual. Now I can't think of anything more to say... CHEERS! And Vape On!!!

cluffy,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Gvape,
I only have the original vapor tamer, I picked it up because it was so cheap, and I can back up what Vito is saying about how long it stays cold.

I tend to get about 10-15 mins of cooling before the difference is negligible.
For me, that is the perfect amount, because it tends to line up with how long it takes me to get through a wand (maybe 2 if I'm trying to slam through 2 wands quickly, but that's pretty rare, and the VT is basically a fancy mouthpiece by the end of the 2nd wand).

Keep in mind though that I keep my vapor tamer in the freezer of a mini fridge, so a normal freezer would probably get it a bit colder so you would get longer out of it.

I can't really remember experiencing any noticable drag with it either, so I don't think you should have any problems there. Or maybe I just pull slower than most people?

I am actually about to order a 2nd old style VT, so I can use them for longer, that might be an option for you, as it's still cheaper than getting 1 fatty (unless you get a 2nd mouthpiece, then it works out to be pretty much even...)

Frederick McGuire,

chimpybits

I'd like to cool my vapour and have never purchased (nor really have much knowledge of) bongs water pipes, beakers, bubblers, or others curiosities. There has been quite a bit of discussion here (as well as on the Magic Flight thread that I also frequent) and it's hard to get a handle on it. I know I would like my first glass to be smaller, simple, practical and inexpensive such as this one (from page 552 of The Magic-Flight Box thread), I would think that I should be able to visit my local head shop with this link and see similar bongs. For that matter, I may very well one day impulsively visit, ask a few questions, and walk out with glass. I gather there are choices such as beaker vs. straight tube, such-and-such length versus such-and-such length, etc., but I was hoping I didn't have to get into this too much.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have something that would work with both my mflb and my SSV, but realistically I don't see myself using it with the mflb much so am fine to forego that option.

I've been thinking of the Fatty Vapor Tamer as that looks to be a simple way to get some cooling. So, I can get several hits or maybe 30 minutes of cooling with it? That is OK, but clearly no good in a party context right? How long does it take to get it to cold again? Thoughts on it versus a bong?

chimpybits,

chimpybits

Is it OK to vape hash alone (i.e. without herb) in the SSV?

I find combining the 2 questionable as: the herb is probably done sooner, I want to taste more of the hash, and its hard to know when its done. I recall that it is easy to tell when the hash is done being vaped (as it becomes tasteless or something - ?); whereas, I wasn't so confident with my first herb and hash bowl.

I just had my first hash vaping session (small bowl on a bed of herb). It tastes wonderful and goes and goes with big, gentle (on the throat) hits. After a few hits I dumped it and ground up the mixture, and kept vaping that. I eventually stopped when it started smelling bad (almost fishy as opposed to spicy hashy). The abv is very dark and fine. Anyway, apart from not knowing when it was done, I had a very satisfying time.

EDIT: Just found this useful related tokin daily video showing him just loading bowl with broken up hash. Begins with a few hits (which are small and tasty), stir, then it starts hitting big and consistently (when at the gooey stage). Starts dying out when hash gets a powdery consistency. Then he dumps out half a bowl, stirs, then hits that (better airflow when emptier). Completely done when not getting any hits. Also shows the spent hash.

chimpybits,

cluffy

Vaker
Chimpybits, I prefer the VT over the bong just because it's easier and cooler. My fatty gives me a good 10 minutes of cold then it starts to fade. But if you put it right back in the freezer after that it's good to go in 1/2 hour. from room temp to frozen I would say 3 hours, but I'm not sure. By the time i forget to put it back, i'm usually ready for bed...

cluffy,

chimpybits

OK, thanks cluffy that is helpful. Definitely the VT being easier is very appealing (especially when you include having to choose a bong amongst the countless) . Yeah sounds to be good for 1 or 2 people having a good evening for example, but not any more peeps than that.

chimpybits,

chimpybits

Vitolo said:
I use ABV as a bed to vape hash in the SSV.
Funny enough that was my first instinct last night, but then thought I'd be better off taste-wise to enjoy my hash (rare around here) with fresh herb.

chimpybits,

gvape

Frederick McGuire said:
Gvape,
I only have the original vapor tamer, I picked it up because it was so cheap, and I can back up what Vito is saying about how long it stays cold.

I tend to get about 10-15 mins of cooling before the difference is negligible.
For me, that is the perfect amount, because it tends to line up with how long it takes me to get through a wand (maybe 2 if I'm trying to slam through 2 wands quickly, but that's pretty rare, and the VT is basically a fancy mouthpiece by the end of the 2nd wand).

Keep in mind though that I keep my vapor tamer in the freezer of a mini fridge, so a normal freezer would probably get it a bit colder so you would get longer out of it.

I can't really remember experiencing any noticable drag with it either, so I don't think you should have any problems there. Or maybe I just pull slower than most people?

I am actually about to order a 2nd old style VT, so I can use them for longer, that might be an option for you, as it's still cheaper than getting 1 fatty (unless you get a 2nd mouthpiece, then it works out to be pretty much even...)

Thats the review I was looking for. Got myself for a blue and a clear on its way.

gvape,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Well chimpy...
I lay the hash on the abv for the same reason.
I do not want to mix the flavors of either the weed or the hash with flavors of the other ( keep 'em unique!). On the ABV... trust me.. all you will taste is the hash!
We each have a system though... and yours sounds both delicious, and potent!
:brow:

Vitolo,

chimpybits

Thanks Vitolo I'm gonna give your method a go soon. Especially as I found one difficulty with the straight hash approach - doesn't work as well with a very small quantity. Last night I wanted a single light session so sprinkled a thin layer of crumbled hash on the screen - really just enough to cover the screen. I don't think the SSV works as well with such tiny quantities. It took quite a while to get to the gummy stage (that tokin daily refers to) where it starts hitting big and consistently.

I expect it to work better with a 1/3 to 1/2 full bowl which would be good for me in one of 2 contexts - partying with friends or as a bowl to repeatedly return to over a few (or more) days.

For my more common needs (a single solo light session) the ABV (or fresh herb) bed with a few small chunks or small quantity of ground hash is probably easier. It's interesting that ABV won't add any flavours and can sustain over the repeated hits.

Any thoughts on my glass needs Vitolo?

chimpybits,

chimpybits

Oh yeah one other question: can I add my spent hash (or spent ABV+hash) to my ABV pile if I think it isn't fully spent?

chimpybits,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I add my hash to my abv pile.. to be eaten.
Oh chimpybits... glass is such a personal thing.
I want so badly to give good guidance.. but I am so damn plain and simplistic when it comes to glass.
I use clear tube.... Even though our good friends at 7th Floor just got in tubing in some new and exciting colors!!!
I use a clear borasilicate mouthpiece
hand held wand.......
My bongs are both clear glass too....
Now I will say this---> being an SSV owner.... I wish I were more into glass.
The guys at 7th Floor are the best glass blowers in the world, and it is all done in house.
If you want to see some bad ass glass...
SSV Glass
They even show pictiures of the each of the glass blowers!

Vitolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Damn you...

And damn you 7th Floor. I was convinced that my purchasability was going to cease for the foreseeable foreseen.

:2c: <-- Gonna needs to save a few of those eh? ;)

AGBeer,

Tritono

Hey! :) Im Juan Pablo and I have some questions for the SSV users. Im new into vapor world. I live in Chile, here I cant try or buy vaporizers locally. I need to take a wise decision because my health. I need to buy a good quality vaporizer for daily use with a safe air-heath path that approachs the cannabis very good (I use small amounts). I smoke max 8 hits for day but other two family member will use the vaporizer too. At first I looked into the EQ but then I discovered that the electronics are in the air path. Then in the Solo but I have read in his thread that the ceramic element crash. Some people recommended me the MFLB but I dont know if it is a very safe healthy device for daily use. Do you recommend the SSV for my situation? if you can you would buy the same SSV again? what do you think? I will buy the same vape two times: one for my and other for my sister that lives in other city. But Im not rich so I need to be wise. Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Tritono,
Top Bottom