weedemon

enthusiast
the eq screen in the ssv want totally works, but you get much smaller slightly less flavourful hits. it's great for conserving your buds if the ssv is all you have for vapin options.

I'd suggest you ask someone else to help you try to install a new screen :)

weedemon,

ManFlies352

aesthyrian said:
InFlames235 said:
Well, after about a month of using the SSV, I can safely say this is the best vape I have ever used. It's convenient, gives you quite a few thick hits from a bowl, and has lower maintenance than other vapes i've used. On top of that, the customization options are ridiculous. For just a few dollars, I was able to use my bubbler along with the SSV...now that is what I call smooth.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/BlackwaterPark44/waterattachment-1.jpg

What do we have here? A Dream Theater fan? Very nice looking SSV, the logo turn out great. Good taste in music too! :cool:

Haha finally someone who knows what the logo is for! Yup, big dream theater fan..another reason these vapes are the best! What other vape is gonna give me my fav bands logo etched in like that? Good to see another fan of great music :).

ManFlies352,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
TDavie, be careful to lower your temp at minimum setting with the elbow screen mod!

Weedemon: less thick and flavorfull hits??? I never felt that!
The only con I can see is the increased complication (nothing undoable when you get the trick) to stir the pack with this MOD, but the load is so tiny it almost doesn't need any stirring!

FLskwat,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
@Weedeomn, FLskwat and others; thanks very much for the idea of using the EQ dome screen (of which I have spares) in the SSV wand. I've got an old style non GoG wand and it fits perfect! I took my 4 spare dome screens and 'loaded' them up with ~100mg finely ground Sour D each (thats kinda what I meant by cartridge systems earlier). I find I can get 3-4 large hits per screen and the taste is only approaching straw like.

I hit the screen until it's 'done' and then a sharp tap on a surface and the screen empties and falls out. Might have to use a toothpick, but no biggy.

Again, thanks. I can use the SSV again.

Tom

tdavie,

vapordude

hey guys my cousin snapped my GonG hands free heater cover. im going back to the standard whip and cover. is it safe to order at the silver surfer website. im about to place my order but saw no paypal. do i register an account?

vapordude,

vapordude

Vitolo said:
It is totally safe to order there!
lol thanks bud. coming from you it was an easy decision. just orderd the standard wand and heater cover. i dont know why but i like the standard better. felt like i could "cook" my load more evenly thus creating a better overall hit.

have any of you guys ever got your GonG wand stuck in the heater cover and end up grabbing the heater cover by accident? mine got stuck and i didnt want to twist too hard so i grabbed the heater cover thinking i was gonna brace it while i twisted. epic fail

vapordude,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I like only standard HC and hand held myself.
I have had one friend grab the HC on the hands free. A few pulls on that SSV and he was much better (and much more careful in the future!)

Vitolo,

Melizzard

I no longer change my screens. I bought one of those stainless steel water bottles and I just soak the whole wand, screen and all, in iso for 30 minutes, qtip the screen, rinse with water, and let air dry. Works great!

I discovered this method because when I was changing screens, I was tearing them up and then I was getting weed all thru my tube and into my mouth. So being that I live near Colorado Springs, I took it to the 7th Floor shop and had them replace my screens. Guess what? I'm STILL getting weed thru my tube despite the fact that THEY inserted the screen and I'm no longer removing it, but soaking it instead. Can anyone tell me how to make this stop?

And another question ... this one might make me look a little stupid ... but I used bongs 20+ years ago and now I vape. So I see so many of you are attaching your bongs to your vapes. Can someone explain this to me? How does hooking a bong up to a vape, like the SSV, improve the experience? Do you get higher or what?

xxoo
Mel

Melizzard,

Tuck

Hooking a bong up will help prevent getting bits of weed in your mouth, because that will get trapped in the water. You can also put ice in your bong and really cool down the vapor.

Tuck,

Melizzard

Tuck said:
Hooking a bong up will help prevent getting bits of weed in your mouth, because that will get trapped in the water. You can also put ice in your bong and really cool down the vapor.

Well dang, the guy at 7th Floor swore that wasn't supposed to happen ... getting weed in my mouth. Does anyone bother cleaning their tubing or do y'all just replace it when it gets flaky?

xxo
Mel

Melizzard,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Still1-5.jpg

7th Floor has a water Pipe adapter that takes the place of your borasilicate mouthpiece. this goes into the bongs downstem.
I think that Vapor Bonging, may help people that are sensitive to the heat of vapor... or dryness to get huge hits.
I don't think I personally never felt higher.. but have noticed a cooler sensation... and perhaps bigger hits because I am concentrating on clearing the glass. I personally like the heat and flavor of herbal vapor, so I dont "VaporBong" daily.
The Vaporbong fans enjoy the visuals of the experience as well!
If you live a vapor lifestyle, vapor bonging is just another "Vapor Trail" broadening experience.

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Melizzard said:
Tuck said:

Well dang, the guy at 7th Floor swore that wasn't supposed to happen ... getting weed in my mouth. Does anyone bother cleaning their tubing or do y'all just replace it when it gets flaky?

xxo
Mel
I never get weed in my mouth even without a bong. I talk about cleaning at http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=128258#p128258
I have used the same tubing for 2 years, and I clean it twice a week. I do have a few dozen official SSV tubes and 100 feet of US Plastics Tygon on standby though for the day....
My tubing is discolored at the "business end" but is obviously clean when looked at or smelled.
photoon20110805at1253.jpg

Vitolo,

greystr0ke

I've had the unpleasant experience of also getting weed in my mouth and friends have as well. It was definitely from taking the screen out to clean it and then putting it back in over and over. For a while I had a nice layer of wand hash that looked like pure oil and then once this started happening it got pieces of vaped bud stuck all in. I think I just might start replacing the screen every time it gets dirty.

greystr0ke,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I clean my screen daily. I dip it in iso and replace it.. and have never gotten any herb in tube.I do so by keeping the wands opening always facing the ground.
I give some diagrams here in this thread at http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=128664#p128664
I do not ever use a "pick" to pul the screen up. I always pop it out from the rear "quick change " style as described by 7th floor.

Vitolo,

spleep

have been debating for a while weather to get myself an SSV or to upgrade my old (working well) iolite to the iolite wispr or to just not buy anything new at all and keep my weed intake to a minimum (i only vape/smoke once or twice a month).... well, the other night i was at home having a couple of beers after work and was looking at the SSV website, i must have had a few more beers than i'd realised because the next morning i woke up and thought, 'um, did i maybe say fuck it last night and order a Silver Surfer?' So i checked my email and sure enough there was a receipt to let me know that my black body and black base 240V SGG Silver Surfer was on its way to me here in Australia from 7th Floor!!
Even if i don't use it daily or weekly for that matter, its nice knowing that when i do choose to vape i'll have the SSV to use!

spleep,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You will NEVER regret this.. and too be sure... you will never look back.
You can use it efficiently too... just that large loads are so much fun and make huge clouds.
Welcome aboard. You will ride the wave with many SSV fans! :)

Vitolo,

VaporEyeSore

Melizzard said:
I no longer change my screens. I bought one of those stainless steel water bottles and I just soak the whole wand, screen and all, in iso for 30 minutes, qtip the screen, rinse with water, and let air dry. Works great!

I discovered this method because when I was changing screens, I was tearing them up and then I was getting weed all thru my tube and into my mouth. So being that I live near Colorado Springs, I took it to the 7th Floor shop and had them replace my screens. Guess what? I'm STILL getting weed thru my tube despite the fact that THEY inserted the screen and I'm no longer removing it, but soaking it instead. Can anyone tell me how to make this stop?

And another question ... this one might make me look a little stupid ... but I used bongs 20+ years ago and now I vape. So I see so many of you are attaching your bongs to your vapes. Can someone explain this to me? How does hooking a bong up to a vape, like the SSV, improve the experience? Do you get higher or what?

xxoo
Mel
I use 2 screens. Took a screen from a friends NO2 vape and put that over the tubing then slide tubing with screen into the glass wand. Saw about this in a previous post in this thread and it works a treat. Its true that you have to clean the screens more often, but I just pull them out give them a burn a tap and a blow and they are good for another few sesions.
I dont see the point in cleaning screens in iso unless you have a god rotation of them you just dont get enough out of them to make it worth while.
Also the second screen cllects fine wand hash and IS actualy worth saving :)

VaporEyeSore,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I remember seeing someone that rigged up a small screen at the mouthpiece end as well. This may very well help the herb in mouth issue and not restrict airflow.

I honestly think I am the only person that is STILL on the very first screen. Seriously, I have yet to change my screen. Granted my SSV is my weekend warrior and gets used on only special occasions. I have soaked the wand once, but have yet to change the original screen. :p

AGBeer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
AGBeer
I also am on my first screen.. it is 2 years old. I have about 100 replacements but never have needed one. I always remove screen from the rear with a long thin paintbrush handle. I rinse with 91% Iso
I use the SSV all day every day, and clean the screen maybe every 2nd or 3rd day.
I clean the tubing twice a week.
I collect wand oils/hash every other week.
BUT
Same here... I am on the original screen!

Vitolo,

Kelblow

spleep said:
have been debating for a while weather to get myself an SSV or to upgrade my old (working well) iolite to the iolite wispr or to just not buy anything new at all and keep my weed intake to a minimum (i only vape/smoke once or twice a month).... well, the other night i was at home having a couple of beers after work and was looking at the SSV website, i must have had a few more beers than i'd realised because the next morning i woke up and thought, 'um, did i maybe say fuck it last night and order a Silver Surfer?' So i checked my email and sure enough there was a receipt to let me know that my black body and black base 240V SGG Silver Surfer was on its way to me here in Australia from 7th Floor!!
Even if i don't use it daily or weekly for that matter, its nice knowing that when i do choose to vape i'll have the SSV to use!
I can guarantee you wont regret buying your SSV spleep.It is the Daddy of the big hitters.I got mine 3 months ago and I love it.I was using it daily but it is a real BIG hitter so I got a Solo from Arizer for small hits which I've been using for the last 2 weeks.Last night though I pulled out the silver warrior and it blew me away with fantastic huge lumps of vapor.Enjoy!!!!

Kelblow,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
I also enjoy possessing the SSV to show to prospective vaporists. IMO this vape more than satisfies that need for 'big exhale visual' that most smokers are accustomed to. That, and its bong friendly.
:2c:

AGBeer,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Kelblow said:
spleep said:
I can guarantee you wont regret buying your SSV spleep.It is the Daddy of the big hitters.I got mine 3 months ago and I love it.I was using it daily but it is a real BIG hitter so I got a Solo from Arizer for small hits which I've been using for the last 2 weeks.Last night though I pulled out the silver warrior and it blew me away with fantastic huge lumps of vapor.Enjoy!!!!
You are dead right ...SSV is a heavy hitter that never disappoints. I appreciate also that you clarified what the Solo owners in my area have said.. that the Solo works best for smaller hits.
(I think everyone should own an SSV) :D

Vitolo,

chimpybits

Damn I just can't get my screen back in place. I gave my first cleaning of my wand - (a rough version of Vitolo's method linked in his above post). However, the screen always ends up loose (can be spun) and there will be a bit of a gap somewhere. I'd like to try Vitolo's domed method (as opposed to depressed screen), but this is even harder. I was able to get screen in when I had sufficient gunk on the sides, but clean it just seems too small.

chimpybits,
Reactions: Raskin666

Vitolo

Vaporist
chimpy...
even when my screen is in placed, and properly domed... it is not stuck tight in place...
My screen turns too!
the actual design of that lip should prevent herb from coming through.

Top Bottom