OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Thanks for replying Vitolo.

110 sounds like a bargain to me, I think I'd rather keep mine than sell it for that tbh. My blemished one cost me 190 Euro's including shipping and customs fees&taxes, that's about 275 US$ without counting the extra wand, heater cover and bag. A new one would be 259,- Euro's for a silver one here at Vaposhop (without counting the 10% FC discount) which would come down to around 370,- US$. Crazy huh?

OhTheAgony,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can always list it for more.. and try.
Don't let my words discourage that!
You never know till you try! (But an SSV is truly worth keeping!)

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
OhTheAgony, what kind of heater cover is on your SSV? If it's a standard then maybe try a Vapor Brothers mini wand. I just got my full size standard wand this week and found I go through more product with that than with my mini-wand. And check it out, I modded a mini wand for more air flow. I just filed a score around it, tapped it and TINK! perfect cut.
2r7pq34.jpg

How's that for some dirty glass Vito?

cluffy,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm gonna sleep on it another night (or two), but I think I will and just let faith decide weather or not she's to stay with me, or not.

I know it's a solid vape and to me it's also the prettiest one of all, but it just seems stupid to keep it just as a back up vape. Then again, sometimes stupid can be lots of fun, hence the night (or two).

:peace:

Cluffy, thanks, I use(d) the standard heater cover as well. I've read about the mod but I just don't see the point anymore. The Solo really seems all the vape I could ever dream of. The only thing (imo) the SSV has got on the Solo is the taste, but that doesn't seem to be enough for me to win me over compared to all the things the Solo has to over vs the SSV (imo).

OhTheAgony,

Vitolo

Vaporist
cluffy said:
....How's that for some dirty glass Vito?
Well... ummmm... hehe...
I am imagining that you have a reason, for the condition of your glass. Deez may have a hard time looking at it! :lol:
I am compulsive, and must clean my glass immediatly, but don't mind images like this... unless you are trying to give a "cloud show" through it... then it's time for a bath!

Vitolo,

Sour Deez

Is there a disadvantage to having glass that dirty? My SSV wand is totally caked up, I cant see threw it at all. I have been super busy and havent had the chance to clean it.

Im assuming the vapor might be able to cling to the particles easier, but could it take away from the experience?

Sour Deez,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Some Cannabinoids in the oils may get lost amongst the "wall stuff" a tiny bit more easily.
The biggest drawback, I think besides visual limitations to "judging a bulding cloud" through a wand, would be flavors from wands gone by.... making it harder to discern the taste of the current wandful.

Vitolo,

weedemon

enthusiast
the more build up the more surface area and therefore the more build up will tke place. but wand hash is lovely. scrape that stuff up and enjoy it! :)

weedemon,

Kelblow

OhTheAgony said:
I'm gonna sleep on it another night (or two), but I think I will and just let faith decide weather or not she's to stay with me, or not.

I know it's a solid vape and to me it's also the prettiest one of all, but it just seems stupid to keep it just as a back up vape. Then again, sometimes stupid can be lots of fun, hence the night (or two).

:peace:

Cluffy, thanks, I use(d) the standard heater cover as well. I've read about the mod but I just don't see the point anymore. The Solo really seems all the vape I could ever dream of. The only thing (imo) the SSV has got on the Solo is the taste, but that doesn't seem to be enough for me to win me over compared to all the things the Solo has to over vs the SSV (imo).
Man oh Man!!!!! You can't just ditch an SSV Agony.I get your point about the solo it really is a top vape but the SSV is the daddy of the big hitters.I've got a solo aswell but wouldn't even contemplate getting rid of my SSV.There are still afew concerns regarding the battery of the solo that haven't really been tested properly yet i.e the lifespan of the battery e.t.c..It may still go tits-up with the solo.Have aheart don't just dump the SSV.

Kelblow,
Thanks Vitolo.

I ordered the extreme Q and i had problems with it so i sent it back. I can either trade it for a different type of vaporizer ssv, magic flight box etc (they are saying they tested the EQ and its fine so i can't simply get a different one of those and frankly if thats working I don't want it) OR I can get back $225 with a chance of getting more when I send in the extra parts. I have till Monday and I'm just trying to get ideas about the SSV model. I don't really need the money, but I could get a new tat with it.... but a thought of mine since they have to give me all the attachments that go with it is to get an SSV then just sell it to make up my loss. IDK thanks All.

Thoughts and opinions welcome! :D

StarSunShine,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My advise is that you get an SSV with Standard HC and Hand Held Wand.
This gets very good performance, and I have every HC/Wand combination made.
You will have time after to collect or change wand and HC types.
I recommend this because it is a great way to get "close to your vape"... and to completely be at "oneness" with the vape!
You can contact 7th floor directly and ask about getting a blemished SSV( at a great big savings) . You will never find the blemish.. I know many that have done so!
You have many options open to you right now... you are in a pretty good position, so do it right ( meaning the way you will be happiest.
If you want to save money... I would take the cash refund, and think 7th Floor!

Vitolo,

VaporEyeSore

I saw a post a few months ago where someone mentioned where they were getting their new tubing in the UK. I have trawled the forums including the tubing thread and cant find it anywhere.

I have looked on web for stuff but find the choice of grades and sizes a bit confusing.
So I wondered if anyone has a source for tubing they allready use and knew which one to get?

VaporEyeSore,
Vitolo said:
My advise is that you get an SSV with Standard HC and Hand Held Wand.
This gets very good performance, and I have every HC/Wand combination made.
You will have time after to collect or change wand and HC types.
I recommend this because it is a great way to get "close to your vape"... and to completely be at "oneness" with the vape!
You can contact 7th floor directly and ask about getting a blemished SSV( at a great big savings) . You will never find the blemish.. I know many that have done so!
You have many options open to you right now... you are in a pretty good position, so do it right ( meaning the way you will be happiest.
If you want to save money... I would take the cash refund, and think 7th Floor!
i been wondering how the different heater covers/wands stack up against each other, could you break down exactly what is good and bad about each of the 3?

Erickaps,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
goodgets_uk on ebay sells SSV/DBV tubing. Just send him an email about how much you want. I think it was about 5 euro's per 3 feet.

OhTheAgony,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Erickaps said:
.... could you break down exactly what is good and bad about each of the 3?
In my opinion the differences are the following.
(remembering that one feature of this type of vape is that you stir the herb in your wand between pulls)
-A spherical connection and wand provide a great seal, and give you the versatility of the hand held setup.
The Hot air outlet is wide, so you can get a heavy air flow. but many people prefer some restriction. The wand holds a good amount, but only has about half the capacity of a hand held standard wand.
- Hands free uses GonG connections, and like the spherical wand, this wand has the same capacity. It "locks" into place into your HC, and you use it with one hand on the mouthpiece so you have a hand free while you do a hit!
-Standard HC/Handheld- The HC opening is a bit smaller , and the HC itself is shaped like a nipple, so that when you use the hand held standard wand, the HC sort of fits into the wand instead of visa versa.
The standard hand held wand is flared at the end, so you can aim the heat (which is already in the wand tip.. in any direction you want. The Hand Held wand can hold double the capacity of the other two wands.
Why I use Standard HC with Hand Held Wand
I do not like hands free... people including myself may pull on the tube inadvertently. If not cautious I could bump and break the suspended glass wand.. Another person may not have this concern. I also stir my wand's contents between each pull, (around, and up.. to loosen). Hand held allows this without me having to use 2 hands (or twisting)to undo the GonG!
I find hand held to be the most versatile.
Other opinions about ease of use and versatility may vary, but the facts above about function and capacity do not.

Vitolo,
Vitolo said:
Erickaps said:
.... could you break down exactly what is good and bad about each of the 3?
In my opinion the differences are the following.
(remembering that one feature of this type of vape is that you stir the herb in your wand between pulls)
-A spherical connection and wand provide a great seal, and give you the versatility of the hand held setup.
The Hot air outlet is wide, so you can get a heavy air flow. but many people prefer some restriction. The wand holds a good amount, but only has about half the capacity of a hand held standard wand.
- Hands free uses GonG connections, and like the spherical wand, this wand has the same capacity. It "locks" into place into your HC, and you use it with one hand on the mouthpiece so you have a hand free while you do a hit!
-Standard HC/Handheld- The HC opening is a bit smaller , and the HC itself is shaped like a nipple, so that when you use the hand held standard wand, the HC sort of fits into the wand instead of visa versa.
The standard hand held wand is flared at the end, so you can aim the heat (which is already in the wand tip.. in any direction you want. The Hand Held wand can hold double the capacity of the other two wands.
Why I use Standard HC with Hand Held Wand
I do not like hands free... people including myself may pull on the tube inadvertently. If not cautious I could bump and break the suspended glass wand.. Another person may not have this concern. I also stir my wand's contents between each pull, (around, and up.. to loosen). Hand held allows this without me having to use 2 hands (or twisting)to undo the GonG!
I find hand held to be the most versatile.
Other opinions about ease of use and versatility may vary, but the facts above about function and capacity do not.
ah thanks for clearing it up, I myself have never used or had the standard wand so i dont know much about it, but i do have the ground glass and SGG, and my main concern with GG is that it does indeed fall out more than i like, that is why i use my SSG with the hands free attachment with the plastic protectors, i like this setup the best but i cant be sure until ive tried the standard wand, ive already ordered it so i will try it out soon

Erickaps,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Hi all. Haven't posted in this thread in a while simply because I've not being using my SSV all that much, mostly due to the fact that I can not change the screens in the wands.

I'd like to get back to using the SSV and wonder if anyone has ever heard of an after market where you can easily change screens (preferentially using cartridges you could screw onto your wand GoG). I'm assuming no. Otherwise I am looking for easy (and I mean EASY) screen changing wands.

Thanks if any ideas.

Tom

tdavie,

weedemon

enthusiast
I think tokin has a screen changing tutorial on youtube somewhere bud. maybe that wouldhelp? I have never changed my screen. once it gets clogged, it crank my unit up to max temp. and hit it while it is empty. the screen is just like new after.

Or you could also do an iso soak. that will also get your screen back to normal.

is the screen damaged at all?

weedemon,

greystr0ke

I remove my screen every week or so and give it an iso soak. In a weeks time, the bottom of my screen is so gunked up that it's almost impossible to pull any vapor through it. Are certain wands easier to change than others?

greystr0ke,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
did you say somewhere tom that you had troubles with your fingers causing it or something?, or did i get that wrong? reading again it's not in your post.... maybe I imagined it?

WatTyler,
Top Bottom