weedemon

enthusiast
i think they are talking about the metal cylinder that the ceramic element comes out of. once you pull the HC off (and have the shim off too). look at the metal cylinder. is it solid or perforated?

I am not sure 100% about that, but that's how i understand it. can anyone confirm this?

weedemon,
Vitolo said:
Erickaps said:
I made a similar setup-
That was quite the exciting journey along the path! :)
haha, yeah i like to show the viewers what the vapor path will be so the setup can be fully comprehended, since it looks so confusing from just a picture

Erickaps,
greystr0ke said:
So I just accidentally broke my heater cover :(. I'm on the website and apparently there are two different types of the spherical covers and I have no idea which one to order. It says on the website, "When you replace your heater cover please look to see if your heater stand is perforated or the solid stainless steel. They are different sizes and require different spacers. We need to know what to fit your heater cover to."

Anyone have any idea what this means? They don't show any examples.
I dont think there is 2 different type of spherical ground glass heater covers, but with the metal thing, perforated means its got a hole it, my svv game with ground glass cover, but i switched to spherical ground glass and i use the same metal thing, as far as i know it has no holes so i think its just stainless steel, thats what i would go with unless someone who knows more about it can specify

Erickaps,
weedemon said:
do you guys experience that with the extra hose that the drag increases very much? fancy setups though guys :)
I havent actually hit it with the bong attached yet, im certain it will increase drag by a shit-ton, but the setup without the bong ( using the second hose as mouthpiece) does not increase drag as much as i thought.

Erickaps,

Sour Deez

weedemon said:
i think they are talking about the metal cylinder that the ceramic element comes out of. once you pull the HC off (and have the shim off too). look at the metal cylinder. is it solid or perforated?

I am not sure 100% about that, but that's how i understand it. can anyone confirm this?

exactly, look at the base of the heating unit where the shim(s) are

Sour Deez,
Sour Deez said:
weedemon said:

exactly, look at the base of the heating unit where the shim(s) are
ok so i know what the metal cylinder thing is, but what exactly is the shim and how does it look like? I think i might be missing it

Erickaps,

weedemon

enthusiast
no problem dude the shim is a thin piece of metal that wraps around the heater cover base and fits between that and your glass cover. looks like a hollow cylinder that doesn't come together all the way. on mine too the top left corner is bent down a bit too.

the shim is stuck in the bottom.

weedemon,
weedemon said:
no problem dude the shim is a thin piece of metal that wraps around the heater cover base and fits between that and your glass cover. looks like a hollow cylinder that doesn't come together all the way. on mine too the top left corner is bent down a bit too.

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/4178/img2068k.jpg

the shim is stuck in the bottom.
thats the metal cylinder thing i was referring to. so thats the shim? i thought it was another part, well this is good news, thanks for clearing it up

Erickaps,

smartrott

In that last picture - is that the stainless or the perforated option when replacing your heater cover. I want a backup, but not sure which one to order. By the way I fucking love my surfer. I would load a pic, but I cant figure it out. I know I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. I was wanting to show off my new custom knob. Im sure a lot of yall have seen it on the SSV website. It was the hand holding the gernade. I saw it and had to have it, and I must say it looks sick on my black ssv.

smartrott,

weedemon

enthusiast
you can't actually see the cover they are talking about in that pic m8. the cover they are talking about it attached in the unit. only the cover and shim come off.
you want to look at the base where the element come out of, after taking these parts off.

weedemon,

greystr0ke

Ok. I removed the remainder of the cover and the metal shim. It's looks like the stand is just metal. I don't see any holes.

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_5374.jpg

greystr0ke,

weedemon

enthusiast
those 2 lighter parts i see on your base there is that just a refection from the flash on the screws below?

if so yep looks like the solid one :) glad you posted a pic for us! sorry to hear about the broken cover though that blows! :(

weedemon,

greystr0ke

Thanks for the help guys! I just placed the order so now I sit and wait patiently. It really sucks not having the Surfer ready to use when I need it. I've been having to use the MFLB and it's just not cutting it.

greystr0ke,
greystr0ke said:
Thanks for the help guys! I just placed the order so now I sit and wait patiently. It really sucks not having the Surfer ready to use when I need it. I've been having to use the MFLB and it's just not cutting it.

2 weeks ago, that was my exact situation, yeah mflb doesnt cut it when youre used to ssv hits, might need to buy the power adapter

Erickaps,

greystr0ke

I'm so happy right now. Mad props to 7th Floor for getting me this piece so quickly. Ordered it on the 25th and received it the 28th. Now I just have to wait until I get home to get back to surfing.

IMG_7741.jpg

:D

greystr0ke,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yay, that's pretty quick! I wish we had a 7thfloor retailer in our country.

Happy surfin'!!

OhTheAgony,

Vitolo

Vaporist
All SSV wands are glass. They all can be called quick change also, in that one can poke them out from the back. :)
Quick change refers to the fact that it is a straigh line from the wand bottom to the screen, and a tool can be used to remove them
Hands free means it is ground glass, and hand held means it is not.
They just failed to write quick change on one of them.
I personally like hand held 100% more, and I currently own and have both here at home.

Vitolo,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I'm thinking about selling my SSV guys.

I love the thick tasty clouds it produces & it will always be my fist vape, but it eats it's way to my stash way to fast for my likings & I honestly don't see myself using it anymore now the Solo proves to be so satisfying & convenient.

What do you guys think would be a reasonable asking price for an 8 month old blemished SSV that's still under warranty? I was thinking what I payed for it (price + custom fees, which in total is still over 60 Euro's less then the lowest retailer price for a non-blemished model here in Holland) minus 15 to 20%. I'd also throw in an extra heater-cover, wand and a load of screens for that plus the SSV bag that I bought with it. Does that sound fair?

ps: this is not an add or anything, I'm just curious what I could ask so I can make up my mind weather or not to sell my black beauty.

OhTheAgony,

Vitolo

Vaporist
You can get a brand new "blemished" SSV for $190.
I am seeing 6 month/1 year old units for sale for $150 here in the US
I went ahead and spoke with a friend from Holland. He said he can get a used one in new condition for 110 Euros.
I do not understand money values there, but the friend said 100-115 Euros would be a fair price.

Vitolo,
Top Bottom