oh... my fave
"that which is useful is beautiful"
Now let's hook that puppy up and test 'er out! :brow:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :)

VaporEyeSore,

Vitolo

Vaporist
cluffy said:
Hey all, ordered my Fatty Vapor Tamer last night, they're on sale!
There goes our good pal cluffy!
Found him a deal, from the 7th Floor pool
now when weather gets hot and stuffy...
that cluffy won't care.. he's gonna stay cool!
;)

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Vitolo, I think you'll have to start a vaporizer poetry thread
The wonderful poems that come from your head
Be it SSV, DBV, MFLB or Zap
Whatever feeds your creativity
Let your genius be tapped!

(I'm a little rusty at the poetry game,,,)

VAPE ON !!!

cluffy,
After 2 weeks of using my SSV, I realized that such a vaporizer cannot be used to maximum efficiency based on the instructions already out there. So, in the last year of owning my ssv, I have acquired some tips on how to use it in the best way I have ever seen ( any input is welcome and not everything on here will probably work for everybody).
1. Warm up time- I have found that even at full temp, 5 minutes is not enough, you have to feel the SSV/DBV itself around the bottom half of it, it should be pretty hot/warm in order to be working fully. I keep it on for about 10-15 mins at full power until i can feel it being pretty warm, always better for it to be too hot than too cool ( except if its unstable but that shouldnt happen). also heating it in a confined space will speed it up. once its ready, turn it to in between the 1 and 2 o clock position, use this as a reference point , but i would not ever turn it down below 3 o clock or above 12 o clock, and give it a min to adjust the temp.
2. fill the wand about half full of well ground herb, stir it a bit, im still not to clear about whether more or less is better, but with the temp as it is from step 1 any amount should work.
3. inhale speed, you CANNOT inhale too slow or it WILL burn, inhale as fast as you can, then gradually adjust your inhale speed a bit slower but never so slow that you cannot hear yourself inhaling ( noise is made by the hole in the heater cover).
4. I mix it every 4-5 hits, after that many you wont be able to hit it again without some stirring, so its pretty much needed.
5. attachments- on my SSv, i have a fatty vapor tamer, and a perc, i believe this setup is the best there is, im sure there are better, but this is how i like - youtube video of my ssv- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q21PhjRBEgY
6. That is pretty much everything i can remember until i come down, any revisions and input is always welcome, and if anyone disagrees with anything here just explain yourself and I could add it to my set of revised instructions if it works.

Erickaps,

weedemon

enthusiast
hey man, welcome to FC! and thanks for the solid tips! a few things i would like to comment on about how my exp differs from yours i guess.

1. warm up time, I usually dont even wait the proper 5 min. i find by drawing through it while it's warming i still get vapor and imo it's all good.

2. sometimes i like to put solid nugs in there. in the end it all looks the same when i dump it into my jar. this is one vape where i don't think initial consistency is really an issue.

3.I totally and 100% agree with you. when people draw to slow it's a bitch!! :mad:

4. I like to stir after every single hit. chronic mixer i guess :p

5. this reminds me of a rube goldberg machine! hehe very elaborate. an your perk is dirty as shit! lol is that all from only vapor build up or do you still combust too?

6. nice work on a 1-2 for ssv noobs. :) handy to condense 80+ pages into 1 post :p i can see this getting merged or moved though.

weedemon,

Kaptan

Erickaps said:
After 2 weeks of using my SSV, I realized that such a vaporizer cannot be used to maximum efficiency based on the instructions already out there. So, in the last year of owning my ssv, I have acquired some tips on how to use it in the best way I have ever seen ( any input is welcome and not everything on here will probably work for everybody).
1. Warm up time- I have found that even at full temp, 5 minutes is not enough, you have to feel the SSV/DBV itself around the bottom half of it, it should be pretty hot/warm in order to be working fully. I keep it on for about 10-15 mins at full power until i can feel it being pretty warm, always better for it to be too hot than too cool ( except if its unstable but that shouldnt happen). also heating it in a confined space will speed it up. once its ready, turn it to in between the 1 and 2 o clock position, use this as a reference point , but i would not ever turn it down below 3 o clock or above 12 o clock, and give it a min to adjust the temp.
2. fill the wand about half full of well ground herb, stir it a bit, im still not to clear about whether more or less is better, but with the temp as it is from step 1 any amount should work.
3. inhale speed, you CANNOT inhale too slow or it WILL burn, inhale as fast as you can, then gradually adjust your inhale speed a bit slower but never so slow that you cannot hear yourself inhaling ( noise is made by the hole in the heater cover).
4. I mix it every 4-5 hits, after that many you wont be able to hit it again without some stirring, so its pretty much needed.
5. attachments- on my SSv, i have a fatty vapor tamer, and a perc, i believe this setup is the best there is, im sure there are better, but this is how i like - youtube video of my ssv- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q21PhjRBEgY
6. That is pretty much everything i can remember until i come down, any revisions and input is always welcome, and if anyone disagrees with anything here just explain yourself and I could add it to my set of revised instructions if it works.

After viewing your video, it looks like you have too much tubing. I think you are losing vapor due to the long vapor path.

Kaptan,
I did indeed lose some vapor with the long tubing, the way i use it now is i just pick up the perc-coil and inhale thru the sherlock mouthpiece, and i too mix it every 1-2 hits but i figured most people wouldnt go that far. And I would never combust with the glass i use for vaping, its all vapor build up, cleaning isnt my thing lol, thanx weedemon for your input, ive always been too scared to hit while its warming because i warm it at full temp which i believe is like 900 degrees f? i sometimes even wait 20 mins for it to fully heat it up before i turn it down to 2 o clock, but heating it in an enclosed space definitly speeds up the process for me so it can be hot in like 5 mins if i remember to take it out before it explodes ( idk if it will explode but not taking chances).

edit- also i use the red clippy thing that came with the coil as handsfree attachment for the gg wand, it rarely falls out but when it does it can be annoying to clean up

Erickaps,

Kaptan

Erickaps said:
I did indeed lose some vapor with the long tubing, the way i use it now is i just pick up the perc-coil and inhale thru the sherlock mouthpiece, and i too mix it every 1-2 hits but i figured most people wouldnt go that far. And I would never combust with the glass i use for vaping, its all vapor build up, cleaning isnt my thing lol, thanx weedemon for your input, ive always been too scared to hit while its warming because i warm it at full temp which i believe is like 900 degrees f? i sometimes even wait 20 mins for it to fully heat it up before i turn it down to 2 o clock, but heating it in an enclosed space definitly speeds up the process for me so it can be hot in like 5 mins if i remember to take it out before it explodes ( idk if it will explode but not taking chances).

edit- also i use the red clippy thing that came with the coil as handsfree attachment for the gg wand, it rarely falls out but when it does it can be annoying to clean up

I highly doubt the SSV is reaching temps around 900*F. I would guess it's limit is close to 500*.

Kaptan,

Sour Deez

I use mine different then you. I let it warm up about 10-15 min at 12 oclock. Pack i guess like half a wand, not to much. Hit it 5-6 times stirring after every hit. Turn it up to 1-1:30. I get another 5-6 hits out of it. I also crush the herb up during the last couple hits. I can inhale as slow as I possibly can and it wont combust.

Sour Deez,

ManFlies352

Just bought a new bubbler so i'm going to clean out my old one and use it with the SSV! Just ordered the water pipe adapter and am excited to try this out :)

ManFlies352,

Flavum

Flavum,

nao12000

W9 Tech Rep
Company Rep
Flavum said:
Just picked up my first SSV! found it off craigslist oddly enough, I live in a smaller city.

The person I bought it from said they had bought if from someone who donated money to MPP (marijuana policy project) and they gave them this custom ssv in return. Must have been a good donation :brow:

Anyway I loves it.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/thebutcher20/102.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/thebutcher20/101.jpg
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj36/thebutcher20/099.jpg

Very nice pics !! Cool looking vape!

nao12000,

Vitolo

Vaporist
@weedemon- I stir after every single hit also!

@Erickaps- Quite the setup!

@Sour Deez-same zone on the dial!

@InFlames235- the water adapter for the SSV is so simple.. it is great!

@Flavum- That SSV is beautiful!

* I just got myself a great bong, and later will do an SSV hit with the water adapter, then I will use both water adapter w/bong AND the Vapor Tamer for your entertainment.
For now a little entertainment for you!
Many say that the SSV handheld wand is inconvenient. Once you get used to holding it, it becomes second nature. Here I move a loaded wand every which direction, and I make a number of natural moves... never spilling a drop.
VTV Presents: Gunslinging with that SSV Handheld Wand

Touch Image to view Video

Flavum

@ nao12000 - Thank ya!

@ Vitolo - Thanks! Fastest hands in the west!

Just trying to figure her out now. Took me a couple sessions to get acquainted.

Flavum,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Still.jpg

I decided to get a glass bong, so I could test out and start using a bigger variety of tools that are available to use with my SSV. 7th Floor's DBV and Life Saber also can be used with this type of device....
cluffy... You outdid me in thinking up a great way to use that Vaper Tamer with a bong. I am envious! But you did think of the fastest route to the solution! Kudos!
I did as I promised, and I did a juggling act to use my Tamer. I was not as direct, but I got it done.
You just gotta love the SSVs accessories!

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Applause Vito! I think your way may be better because when I went to get my Vapor Tamer (VT?) from the freezer today it was clogged with bits of frozen water, had to run warm water through it to clear it out. (Remember I was drunk last night and didn't properly suck out the moisture before putting it back in the freezer.)

Luckily I had seen your shop vac video so was able to get it back into the freezer right away. I must say that's some genius on your part, I've dried some tubing out after washing with the shop vac and it works like a charm!

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I will be making a new shop vac video tomorrow.. with more extensive vape tools to clean.
My method used official adapters.. but yours was very direct... and if I am not mistaken, likely alot colder since your frozen Vapewr Tamer was the last path before your lungs!

Vitolo,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Awesome vids Vito! I love vapor bonging and generally it is the only way I surf! Keep up the awesome vids I really enjoy them and love to hit the same vapes as you are while I'm watching!! We're all ridin' the wave together!!

psyshaman,

Vitolo

Vaporist
psyshaman said:
I really enjoy them and love to hit the same vapes as you are while I'm watching!! We're all ridin' the wave together!!
It is our own adult version, of reading the cerial box while we eat breakfast!
I do the same thing... and you know what?----> We are ridin' the wave together!

Vitolo,
Vitolo said:
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/Still.jpg
I decided to get a glass bong, so I could test out and start using a bigger variety of tools that are available to use with my SSV. &th Floor's DBV and Life Saber also can be used with this type of device....
cluffy... You outdid me in thinking up a great way to use that Vaper Tamer with a bong. I am envious! But you did think of the fastest route to the solution! Kudos!
I did as I promised, and I did a juggling act to use my Tamer. I have two vids here.. You will see I was not as direct, but I got it done. (*You will see a sample in the second video, of large lung capacity)
SSV w/Bong and Water Adapter
SSV w/ Bong, Water Adapter & Vaper Tamer

I made a similar setup- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7XXJ9v7sI

Erickaps,

weedemon

enthusiast
do you guys experience that with the extra hose that the drag increases very much? fancy setups though guys :)

weedemon,

greystr0ke

So I just accidentally broke my heater cover :(. I'm on the website and apparently there are two different types of the spherical covers and I have no idea which one to order. It says on the website, "When you replace your heater cover please look to see if your heater stand is perforated or the solid stainless steel. They are different sizes and require different spacers. We need to know what to fit your heater cover to."

Anyone have any idea what this means? They don't show any examples.

greystr0ke,
Top Bottom