Vitolo

Vaporist
My 7th floor order arrived today!
I got a surprise in it... an SSV shirt (very high quality too!)
I am pretty darned happy with the Fatty Vapor Tamer, I can not begin to tell you. My first impression was that it may slow me down, or somehow weaken the strength of my hits, but nothing could have been further from the truth. And the vapor, when cooled through the glycerin medium tasted so fantastic, I couldn't stop!
Fatty Vapor tamer from 7th Floor LLC
Photoon2011-07-01at1226.jpg

The Fatty Vapor Tamer does work!

Vitolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Damn Vito, you just sold me on the Vapor Tamer. That'll be my next big purchase. Excellent video ++

Can't wait to see your juggling act!

Have a great 4th of July weekend all, I'm off to camp out for the weekend, Vape On !!!!!!

cluffy,

Vitolo

Vaporist
SSfan said:
Beautiful! :)
yeah... agreed, a knob will come in handy, but she'll work without until you get one. You will not have as fine control over the heat, using a small thing like that so try to get one asap.

Vitolo,

SSfan

Vitolo said:
SSfan said:
Beautiful! :)
yeah... agreed, a knob will come in handy, but she'll work without until you get one. You will not have as fine control over the heat, using a small thing like that so try to get one asap.

Will do.

for 115$ shipped i had to snatch it.

Thanks for the feedback.

SSfan,

weedemon

enthusiast
can the glycerin be taken out or does it absorb the goods too? i thought i read about people using glycerin in cooking applications?

or is the glycerin isolated from the vapor by glass?

I dont get how it works really :p

just the cold tubes cool the vapor for you? does any filtration or "bubbling" take place?

thanks for the vid vitolo!

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
There is no filtration... The glycerin is in an enclosed system. The glycerin is clear and colorless.
The green path you see is the vapor path.. nothing but air (or vapor) passes through it. The color is added to the glass to make it easy to understand the air flow, and for visual appeal.
2lk2yqo.jpg

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Sour Deez said:
How long does it stay cold for?
It stays dead cold for about an hour of use, when in an environment with no air conditioning. The room was about 80. I vaped for an hour, and it was still cold.
It was at that point I replaced it in the freezer.
I was a skeptic. I thought this was going to be a colorful piece of glass. I figured it was a fancy "mouthpiece".
I can admit that I was dead wrong. I've been ripping huge fog producing hits, and it feels like I am breathing in fresh cool air!

Vitolo,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hey Vitty,

Is that the original vapor tamer or one of the fatty VTs? Reason I ask is because it appears that the 'original' is NoS and will no longer be produced. Hence a huge price gap between the two.

My only complaint about 7th Floor is their pricing. In the case of my SSV, it was worth every penny. But for something like the VT, thats a bit of a price tag to accomplish what my bong at half the price does.

AGBeer,

weedemon

enthusiast
humm i wonder why they chose that substance to go inside it?

does it warm up more slowly? or maybe it's because when it freezes it doesn't expand and break the glass?

interesting new your vitolo!

so it's basically like a refrigeration unit passing the vapor along a cooled pathway.

neat!

if i owned that i'd be afraid of my pals breaking it by accident.

weedemon,

Vitolo

Vaporist
AGBeer said:
Hey Vitty,

Is that the original vapor tamer or one of the fatty VTs?
It is the Fatty Vapor Tamer. They discontinued the other one because it did not remain frozen long enough under heavy use.
weedemon said:
..i wonder why they chose that substance to go inside it?
Glycerin does not expand and contract in the same way, and remains frozen for a longer time.
I get a bit overly cautious handling it, but I am learning that it is surprisingly sturdy!

Vitolo,

SSfan

DrPiff said:
Has anyone tried out the oil diffuser? Can it be used while you are vaping?

On the new model silver surfers yes (06 and up)?

You just put it on top.

edit-

The SSV Oil Diffuser is very easy to use with your Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer. Place the glass SSV Oil Diffuser on top of the SSV, with the scent of your choice, so that the dish is level. When using the SSV Oil Diffuser turn the unit down to about 1/4 power, as the SSV Oil Diffuser will hold in the heat. If you wish to vaporize simply turn the Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer up to your specific setting and wait about 30-60 seconds before vaporizing. When you have finished vaporizing turn the SSV back down 1/4 power to diffuse the oils. Warning: Placing a hot dish on a cool surface or adding cool oils to a hot dish will cause the SSV Oil Diffuser to crack.

SSfan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I leave my oil diffuser on 24/7.
I leave oils in it 24/7 also. Leave the SSV on 24/7, only reducing power to 1/4 at bedtime.
from 5 a.m. until midnight, the SSV is set at Noon position for vaporization, and does not get the heat setting reduced for 17 hours.
I do not move the oil diffuser when I vape.. I vape with it on. I only remove the oil diffuser, if I am going to move the unit to another room, for the "transport" between rooms. ;)

Vitolo,

SSfan

Vitolo said:
I leave my oil diffuser on 24/7.
I leave oils in it 24/7 also. Leave the SSV on 24/7, only reducing power to 1/4 at bedtime.
from 5 a.m. until midnight, the SSV is set at Noon position for vaporization, and does not get the heat setting reduced for 17 hours.
I do not move the oil diffuser when I vape.. I vape with it on. I only remove the oil diffuser, if I am going to move the unit to another room, for the "transport" between rooms. ;)

Nice info!

How well does the oil diffuser work? worth the 25$ investment?

SSfan,

Vitolo

Vaporist
SSfan said:
photoon20110525at1749.jpg

The diffusser works great.. especially because the surface is larger than many oil diffuser dishes.
You can use alot of oil at once to last for a very long time.
It is a costly item.. and whether it is worth the 25 is relative. I am glad I got mine.
Now that I use it I would not sell it for 25 bucks.
If you never use something, you get along fine without it!
If you can recover the spent $25 dollars in a reasonable time, without inconveniencing your lifestyle, then it is worth it!
As long as getting the diffuser does not interupt you medicating routine, then it is worth it.
(I also have begun collecting a variety of essential oils, and perfume oils. It is great to put in 3 drops of this, and 1 drop of that.. until I am in aroma heaven. I use musk, patchouli, lavender, nag champa, Orange oil, Cinnamon, sandlawood, honeysuckle, jasmine.. and a couple others)

Vitolo,

SSfan

Vitolo said:
SSfan said:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3135/photoon20110525at1749.jpg
The diffusser works great.. especially because the surface is larger than many oil diffuser dishes.
You can use alot of oil at once to last for a very long time.
It is a costly item.. and whether it is worth the 25 is relative. I am glad I got mine.
Now that I use it I would not sell it for 25 bucks.
If you never use something, you get along fine without it!
If you can recover the spent $25 dollars in a reasonable time, without inconveniencing your lifestyle, then it is worth it!
As long as getting the diffuser does not interupt you medicating routine, then it is worth it.
(I also have begun collecting a variety of essential oils, and perfume oils. It is great to put in 3 drops of this, and 1 drop of that.. until I am in aroma heaven. I use musk, patchouli, lavender, nag champa, Orange oil, Cinnamon, sandlawood, honeysuckle, jasmine.. and a couple others)

Sounds good to me.

Its next on my list. I need to buy that glass knob asap, just not sure which one to get :lol:

SSfan,
Top Bottom