Hage

weedemon said:
congrats man! glad to hear we got another ssv owner on board! :) welcome to FC btw too!

Thanks! This is a pretty chill place. I like to read and learn new stuff. You guys are super helpful. I just want to note that the ssv knocked my socks off today lol. This thing is crucial!!

Hage,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Glad you're here, Hage :)
SSV.png

Yeah.. we bad!

Vitolo,

ManFlies352

SSV is the definitely the best vape I've ever used, hands down. It just gets me higher than any other vape and with superior taste. Not to mention so stylish. Wouldn't have plopped down the money if it wasn't for this forum so thanks guys! :)

ManFlies352,

mitchgo

I have done some searches here but still can't quite figure this out...

can someone explain or show pix of how the SSV "water filter straight 6 percolator" thingy works?

if i buy the item from 7th, can i just hook it up directly to the SSV and use it as a bubbler? i cannot grok, from the product photo, exactly how it works. i'm just worried that a. i order it and it isn't a complete bubbler/water cooler type solution for my existing SSV or b. it IS, but it doesn't come with photos or instructions and i won't be able to figure it out.

can anyone help? would love to see pix or a video or just an explanation....

mitchgo,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
yeah it should work out of the box. I've gone through 2 of their wee bubblers so far- it comes with a sherlock mouthpiece and a waterpipe adaptor (which fits the tubing). Fill with water, connect the SSV and you're good to go. Honestly, it's plain as day when it's in front of you.

WatTyler,

mitchgo

WatTyler said:
yeah it should work out of the box. I've gone through 2 of their wee bubblers so far- it comes with a sherlock mouthpiece and a waterpipe adaptor (which fits the tubing). Fill with water, connect the SSV and you're good to go. Honestly, it's plain as day when it's in front of you.

Thanks dude...you had me at "out of the box"...

mitchgo,

cluffy

Vaker
Hage said:
Got it today. Can't believe the super fast shipping!

The only minor prob is the dial slides off if I pull..

I read somewhere here that if you just GENTLY spread that slot in the dial holder out your knob will stay on better. And Vitolo, I thought the whole point of the SSV was the big pulls.... :-P

cluffy,

Sour Deez

mitchgo said:
I have done some searches here but still can't quite figure this out...

can someone explain or show pix of how the SSV "water filter straight 6 percolator" thingy works?

if i buy the item from 7th, can i just hook it up directly to the SSV and use it as a bubbler? i cannot grok, from the product photo, exactly how it works. i'm just worried that a. i order it and it isn't a complete bubbler/water cooler type solution for my existing SSV or b. it IS, but it doesn't come with photos or instructions and i won't be able to figure it out.

can anyone help? would love to see pix or a video or just an explanation....

I have this item and it works great. It comes with the Bubbler, Sherlock mouthpiece, ground glass water adapter, retention clip, and extra tubing. Attach your existing wand to the tubing and you're ready to go.

It doesnt come with photos but it really is self explanatory once you get it, the pieces can only go together one way. Provides the perfect amount of filtration to cool the vapor and get HUGE hits.

I highly recommend this or something similar. Any other questions, just ask.

Sour Deez,

Hage

Whoa is the only word to describe last night. My cuz came over with a few strains and I have 1 here. We vaped a shit load, which ironically is the equivalent of 1 blunt worth. Let me tell you, I've never been that high before. Christ. Best invention ever.

Still have to upload the pix for yall!!

Hage,

mitchgo

Sour Deez said:
I have this item and it works great. It comes with the Bubbler, Sherlock mouthpiece, ground glass water adapter, retention clip, and extra tubing. Attach your existing wand to the tubing and you're ready to go.

It doesnt come with photos but it really is self explanatory once you get it, the pieces can only go together one way. Provides the perfect amount of filtration to cool the vapor and get HUGE hits.

I'm going to take you up on your kind offer...what is the retention clip for and where does it go?

I guess i find it odd that on the 7th website they don't have pix of how it all attaches. you'd think it would help sell it! in any case i went ahead and placed an order so hopefully it won't confuse me too much...

mitchgo,

Sour Deez

mitchgo said:
Sour Deez said:

I'm going to take you up on your kind offer...what is the retention clip for and where does it go?

I guess i find it odd that on the 7th website they don't have pix of how it all attaches. you'd think it would help sell it! in any case i went ahead and placed an order so hopefully it won't confuse me too much...
The clip is used to hold two pieces of Glass on Glass(GonG) together. You see them alot at the joints of bongs to hold the downstem in place. On the water filter, you will use it to hold the mouthpiece in place. I whipped this up real quick, hopefully this helps you out..

picture.php

Sour Deez,

mitchgo

Wow thanks a million for the photo...very helpful! This is kinda how I pictured it but I never wouldve figure out where the clip went.

As usual this forum is great and Sour you my friend are awesome....

mitchgo,

ManFlies352

The only problem I see happening with the water filter is that, because you usually suck decently hard with an SSV, the filter doesn't look too big which could cause the water to spill into the sherlock mouthpiece and potentially in your mouth as well. Has this been a problem for anyone?

ManFlies352,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Yep, it does happen, but not really from sucking hard. It can just kind of bubble up occasionally. Not a major problem though.

I actually bought one of these for mine as a later add on. It's much better because it's fatter and doesn't let the water up at all ever. Plus I prefer that loose mouth style, but that's just personal taste.

Weedstar connector
images

Except it doesn't stand up when on the bubbler. I use a bit of modelling clay as a kind of foot extension to allow it to balance. Hardly satisfactory. I'm actually gonna take a pic and see if any one has any better ideas when i get around to it.....

WatTyler,

Sour Deez

I keep the water level just below the pieces of glass that holds the arms together, seems to be the sweetspot for me. Water never bubbles over. Also even if water does bubble over, its not gonna make it all the way to your mouth, it will just sit it the sherlock piece.

Also WatTyler im liking that piece, esp the mouthpiece, Im a fan of the bong style mouthpiecee on bubblers. I got the 19mm instead of 14mm from SSV, will that fit in standard 18.8 connections?

Sour Deez,

Hage

Vitolo said:
:tup: Looks great. Nice finish... Love the deep blue in the base!
Thanks bro, I really dig it too. That was the color scheme I selected. I thought it was really nice. I do love rainbow Zen, but had to stay economically conscious so I went with the basics lol.

She's sitting in the closet and won't come out til tues or wed. I have my son with me, so I don't indulge when he's with me. Maybe once in a blue moon, but overall, it's important that I have control over my extra curricular activity, not vice versa!

Hage,

onox

Well... after having my MyrtleZap for a few months, I think it's time to get something new :brow:. I love the MZ, and it's very conservative in its usage, but I want a vape that a lot of people can hit too; the MZ is only personal because the bowls are so small. So, after reading this entire thread over the period of last night and today, I decided to buy a SSV :D Ordered it online, with next day shipping, so it'll be here Tuesday. Now we play the waiting game... D:

onox,

Vitolo

Vaporist
onox said:
Well... after having my MyrtleZap for a few months, I think it's time ....
SSV, is a good choice. I love my Zap.. in fact have another coming!!
But..
The SSV can't be replaced. (mine is standard HC with Handheld wand). You've got a winning combo there, in your vape acquisition adventure!
puff-2.gif

Vitolo,

Hage

Vitolo said:
onox said:
Well... after having my MyrtleZap for a few months, I think it's time ....
SSV, is a good choice. I love my Zap.. in fact have another coming!!
But..
The SSV can't be replaced. (mine is standard HC with Handheld wand). You've got a winning combo there, in your vape acquisition adventure!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/puff-2.gif

Awesome gif. Dude, you might be one of the coolest people ever. Someone who is mad chill. As I said, I'm in my early 30s and only started 3 months ago. I'm learning that you can't just blaze around everyone. Some people can really fuck up your high and the vibe becuz they have so much negative energy. Fuck that though, I only want to chill with good peeps.

Hage,
Top Bottom