VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
It's connecting good. Is the heating element supposed to be orange in the middle then whiter as it goes up? Or should it be orange from the halfway point all the way up?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
From what I recall cause mine is not out now...it turns orange from bottom up cause that is where the heater is. The higher the heat the more orange it will get going upwards. Where is your knob when it is off?

So yes white at the tip is fine.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: willieR

Dreamerr

See now that is your problem. It should be at 6:35 when off.

Brain dead lately...pull the knob off and reposition it.

One more time...even at 9 if you had turned it all the way up you still should have gotten good hits but one thing at a time.

Dreamerr,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Ok I'll reclock the knob and try that. Like I said it seems to be working correctly just need to figure out the learning curve.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

Yea but you wouldn't have known that unless you did read the thread and happen to hit on it. Look at my post to see what I added.

Dreamerr,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Oh yeah I tried it all the way up but fealt like it was about to combust so I've turned it down, trying to perfect it at a lower temp.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

Ah ok so now you are ready to learn. Play with the knob temp vs your draw speed and length of draw. You will get it now. You don't need to turn it up high. You have to find the balance of the three things.

Dreamerr,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I'm on my way! Got some 3 month cured super lemon haze tumbleweeds going into the grinder right now! I love it when I get a new vape, the testing process gives me a great excuse to overdo it! Lol

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: Dreamerr

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I think I'm just way to used to the restrictive draw of my solo! This thing has zero restriction, just gotta slow my pulls down I think. So the ssv comes on at 6:35 now, what's the most recommended position for the dial?

EDIT: oops sorry for the b2b post. Mods feel free to merge this and my last.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

I like low temp so I use it at about 12 or 1...a lot of people use it at 3 but you have to draw way faster. I like a slow draw and I barely get the whistle sound that you do want. when I got it I did it at 11 with a slow draw and really short hits or it would be to huge. I can now go to 12 or one but the draw is faster but still a really small hit. I am talking instant suck done. If it is 3 seconds I would be surprised.

Dreamerr,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Yeah I've got this fucker blowing clouds of beautiful blue tasty convection vapor goodness now! Thanks dreamerr! I've got the hang of it for sure!

Glad Lady Dreamerr helped you sort it all out :tup: Your gonna love your SSV..... and for $60?!? Dude thats a fucking steal, best damn $60 dollars you might ever spend.......unless you can find an SSV for cheaper :lol:

Puffers,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I was in bed, but now am intrigued. Gonna go check this out? What kind of lighting do you have? I have fluorescent, I'm sure that makes the biggest difference or magic blue vapor!

SSVUN~YAH,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I was in bed, but now am intrigued. Gonna go check this out? What kind of lighting do you have? I have fluorescent, I'm sure that makes the biggest difference or magic blue vapor!
I always sit next to the lamp that's on my end table beside my recliner, it has one if those curly energy savers in it. That always shows off my vapor quite nicely.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
it has one if those curly energy savers in it.

CFL (compact fluorescent), :)

I've been using a 11 W LED flood light, they are a little pricey still but works so well (directional, no heat and very little energy used). It sits just inches away from my bubbler and it's gotten to the point where I can't judge my vapor production without a light. :p

ExZen

Just popping in to say I pulled the trigger on my SSV today. Got yellow glass and a base, with the blank unit. I ordered "Without glass on glass heater" as they charged extra to include it...I hope this means I'm just getting the standard heater cover, and not no cover at all...

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
My walls are grey and all I see is different shades of whitish grey vapor. My basement is filled with it, I also use an ego t for nicotine.

Update! I see it, this is strange! I see it when I look "cross eyed" right when it comes out it looks blue! I still don't see it when I look "normal". Strange but neat indeed...:science:

Top Bottom