willieR

Been here since 2009
So to break this purchase down I'm trying to ID the key components that I would prefer.

The SSV itself- Nothing fancy, just some color.

The round ground glass Heater cover http://silversurfervap.com/glass/he...lass/spherical-ground-glass-heater-cover.html

The ground glass Wand: http://silversurfervap.com/glass/wands/spherical-ground-glass/spherical-ground-glass-wand.html

That seems to be the core of it. Not sure if a "fattie" wand is useful?

Is a "mouthpiece" the same as a "wand?"

Thanks for the assist!

willieR,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Cool thanks, do you happen to know how difficult of a process that is?
Its real esay you can email or call them.Just take your time.. Part of it can just be just how learning to use it.i had same issue with mine i bought off Ebay. Just dont let the element touch the glass when hot.

NeeChee,

Just Vape It

Its real esay you can email or call them.Just take your time.. Part of it can just be just how learning to use it.i had same issue with mine i bought off Ebay. Just dont let the element touch the glass when hot.

Yeah I ended up messing with it and I got the heating element up higher and centered but Im still able to hit it at max heat but it isn't necessary or comfortable. Now the 2-4 o' clock region suffices. Though I was worried when I took the little circular disk off to move and see under the element I noticed weird white strings and I have the newer model so the heating element is attached to a spring and I felt as if I was gonna break it trying to pull the heating element up but I messed with it a few different times eventually getting it to pull up where I think it needs to be I can see a centimeter or two of the heating element looking down the little hole in the SSV heater end.

Just Vape It,

willieR

Been here since 2009
OK- Ordered the SSV with the Fatty Vapor Tamer kit. Hopefully that's all I need.

willieR,

ExZen

I noticed there is a Canadian retailer selling this with an optional "Glass on Glass heater" Does anyone know if this is any different from the standard ceramic heater with glass heater cover that comes with the unit? I can't tell if its different, or if its just being offered as a spare.

Not sure if I can link to the website though, is there any rule regarding that I should be aware of?

Referring to ground glass vs. non-ground maybe?

ExZen,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
I assume it would still be a GonG connection gg, sgg, or traditional.

SSVUN~YAH,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
and there are 2 options: With Glass on glass heater and without glass on glass heater. I'm just confused what they mean by this.

Yes that means the hands free GonG heater cover.

Funny too, when you choose that option, it limits you to only the Silver SSV, where the standard heater lets you choose Black, which should cost more than Silver.

Tweak,

ExZen

Yes that means the hands free GonG heater cover.

Funny too, when you choose that option, it limits you to only the Silver SSV, where the standard heater lets you choose Black, which should cost more than Silver.

I know! Thats part of what was confusing me lol. Looks like I might grab me a black unit with yellow knob and base. Should be bananas.

So I spent about an hour sifting through the thread last night, and while I found that Vitolo recommended getting the tubing directly from 7th Floor, I was wondering if there was any reason to get silicone tubing over the standard PVC stuff it comes with. I never really considered the SSV before now as it was a whip unit and find myself still kinda leery (most likely irrationally so) of it.

ExZen,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The tubing it comes with is a special form (I believe it's technically still silicone) made specifically for 7th floor with our applications in mind.

I've used a few other medical grade tubings, and I found that they tend to kink a bit more, but other than that I didn't notice any major differences.

So IMO, you're better off going with the stock 7th floor tubing :2c:

ExZen

The tubing it comes with is a special form (I believe it's technically still silicone) made specifically for 7th floor with our applications in mind.

I've used a few other medical grade tubings, and I found that they tend to kink a bit more, but other than that I didn't notice any major differences.

So IMO, you're better off going with the stock 7th floor tubing :2c:

Straight from the horses mouth, thanks! I'll have to place a nice bulk order for the hose and hands free clip and maybe a few goodies when I order my SSV on Thursday :D. Very excited.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I love the tubing from 7th floor and bought extra to use for other things. It is soft and easy to put on stuff. The other tubing I personally like again cause it is soft is the NO2 tubing 1/4", SSV is 1/2" ID. I did buy tubing from PV just to see what it is. It does have that sandy feel and isn't clear but it is nice and is the softest of all of them. That can make it hard to use depending what you are doing. It won't hold my long glass straw on since it is to soft. I am using the SSV tubing on the solo with the long glass straw extension.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

Ben Katz

Well since my Solo broke and I have no idea what is wrong with it, looks like I'm back to my SSV. I like how it's ALWAYS ready to go, just load the wand, plug it into my bong and vapor.

willieR

Been here since 2009
I like portability, but any portable vape I've used has issues. Sometimes if you want horsepower you have to go back to the big block V-8, or in this case, an AC powered whip

willieR,
Reactions: Vitolo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
SSV has been my #1 since day 1.
I test every vape out there... and the hand held wand.... Standard HC SSV is still my "go to"
Darn it Vitolo!

Rub it in!
I have the SILVER SILVER SURFER on my wish list.
Next plug-in!

This thing looks so well built and the price point is obtainable!

ataxian,

Dreamerr

Oh no we will have you here too ataxian...just kidding you will be a great addition. I hope we get you to have VAS soon:lol:

Dreamerr,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I just got my ssv. I gave 60 bucks for it on Craigslist. I'm not getting the vapor production that everyone has boasted. I'm sure it's a learning curve thing. This is my first experience with a whip vape ever. How full do you guys fill ur whips? Tamp it down? Stir every hit? How close is your ceramic to touching the heater cover? Any and all good general ssv tips would be appreciated. I know I know, do a search read the thread. It's a lot of pages and I'm just looking for some quick tips. I looked for an ssv vaporpedia page but it seems to be blank!

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
Mine's arriving next week and I'd love any fast tips too. Looking forward to the fattie I ordered

willieR,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
With the regular wand, I don't tamp it down at all, fill the wand anywhere from 1/3 - 2/3 full.
Your first draw will compress the load and it'll sorta stick in place.
Aside from vapor production, I like using the "stickiness" of the load after a hit to tell how far it is cooked.

I stir after every hit.
My element is up as far as it can go, maybe 1cm from the top of my heater cover.

With my Gong (not spherical) HC, I fill my wand the same amount, but tamp it down lightly.

I only do his because I had a custom GG HC made where the angle is the same as a DBV, so my herb can fall to the side if the bowl if I don't tamp it. That shouldn't be a problem with the stock GG HC though.
:2c:

Frederick McGuire,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Mine seems to work perfectly. Nice orange heating element, heats up pretty quick it seems. The glass pieces don't match eachother, but with what I saved only giving 60 for it I plan to get a nice heady matching set that matches my knob and a new whip tube.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

Show us pics of the heating element and the wand so we can see if they are a match and what and if you are doing something wrong. You can always get another cover or wand if they are different. Maybe one is for standard and other for spherical :shrug:

Dreamerr,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Oh yeah I didn't mention that! Thanks for reminding me dreamerr. I have a standard HC but a GonG wand (non spherical) they still fit eachother pretty well though.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

Well then I suppose we need more info to see what you might be doing wrong cause it sounds like everything is working. A video maybe might help or if pics can show the heating element when it is glowing and the pics of how it is connecting. Maybe it isn't connecting as good as you think.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom