Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Nothing currently blows the solo out of the water for vapor density IMO.

For free flowing dense hits there are better options, but on density alone, it's up there with the big boys
:2c:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: IL S ID

keepsake

Soul Searchin`
I can't get dense vapor unless I have it on ATLEAST 5.
And that's with me drawing for literally 15-20 seconds.
Ppl say they get clouds on 2-4 with 10-15 second draws... That's not the case for me.
I am using the stock stem btw, which has alot of airflow resistance, which SUCKS!
PV is out of the pvhegong so I'm waiting on that. Hopefully, it would make me love the Solo more.

keepsake,

OO

Technical Skeptical
I can get very dense clouds from the hammer with very little, less than you would use in the solo.

OO,

weedmon

Thank you Fuck Combustion! Here's why:

I've been a heavy bong smoker. And heavy user of edibles. I dab all day as well. I have twice the tolerance of anyone I know. I have used inferior vapes. I did not believe that I could get sufficiently high from vaping.

But...I got my SSV this morning. I did obsessive research before buying it, off and on for a long time. Even asked questions here in this thread two years ago, lol. I decided the SSV was best for me. I believe I learned the theory of how to use it.

Rignt now I've been vaping for a couple of hours. It seems to be working very well. By my second bowl I had a temperature setting that seemed good and was getting good hits. As a test I vaped about the same amount I would have smoked, over about the same period of time.

Result: I'm fuckin' high as shit. You guys were right. The high is different. But just as strong. The high is new and interesting. Who knows maybe it's just the new-ness. But I'm liking this so far. I'll let you know what I think after some time.

nickb

SSV w/ Standard HC, LSV HC, thermovape all,

I've been a heavy bong smoker. And heavy user of edibles. I dab all day as well. I have twice the tolerance of anyone I know. I have used inferior vapes. I did not believe that I could get sufficiently high from vaping.

But...I got my SSV this morning. I did obsessive research before buying it, off and on for a long time. Even asked questions here in this thread two years ago, lol. I decided the SSV was best for me. I believe I learned the theory of how to use it.

Rignt now I've been vaping for a couple of hours. It seems to be working very well. By my second bowl I had a temperature setting that seemed good and was getting good hits. As a test I vaped about the same amount I would have smoked, over about the same period of time.

Result: I'm fuckin' high as shit. You guys were right. The high is different. But just as strong. The high is new and interesting. Who knows maybe it's just the new-ness. But I'm liking this so far. I'll let you know what I think after some time.

do you have the standard heter cover, if so, use a silicon stem with a screen in your bong, put it in the bong so it is airtight, pick up the ssv then use it like a log, u will get super thick milky hits, i need to post a pic and video, so far super thick, if you want lsv hits, just buy the lsv heat cover, then wamt u can use it like an lsv, i have a few mods for mine you can be like a mad scientist with one of these, also pick yourself up a vapor bros mini whip, good whip hits, & less weed
Also I recently invested in an e-nano, i should have it in 3 days or less, it appears to be a bong lover too, supermilky hits, small amount of weed, also has a similar if not the same ceramic heater,
but i love my SSV, i cant imagine that the LSV is better, because i can put it down on the desk and BTW the ground glass whip fits in the LSV HC, and that makes it a hands free as well, but you will use more weed like this

nickb,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...

Result: I'm fuckin' high as shit. You guys were right. The high is different. But just as strong. The high is new and interesting. Who knows maybe it's just the new-ness. But I'm liking this so far. I'll let you know what I think after some time.[/quote

I hear ya man! Your story sounds like mine and a bunch of others! Wish I had known about this secret society ; ) a long time ago when I hit a wooden crappy vape. Just combusted, yuck! It was not this sweet sweet nectar of the gods! I want to sample bho and bubble concentrates to see what else I have been blinded from!

SSVUN~YAH,

xxxscottyxxx

Hey, This is my first ever post so i'd like to start by saying a big hello to all FC community and like minded vapers out there!

Im still pretty new to the world of vaporizers, I have been using other vapes for just under a year now but after reading all the positive comments about the SSV on here and other websites I decided to experience it for myself and imported direct from 7th Floor (Im in the UK) one of their ltd edition Black Widow Wave Riders which I received about 3 weeks ago, So happy i did as well, The unit is beautiful and it hits like a monster!

Anyway.......On to my query that im looking for help with, Ive read lots of people on this site recommending hooking the SSV up to water filtration and this is something i'm thinking about giving a go but i'm a total noob when it comes to water/glass so i was after a bit of guidance please. I've heard people talking about the AquaVape and i've seen the Vapor Tamer that hooks directly to the SSV and obviously there is the option of connecting to a standard style bong.

I just wanted to know if anybody out there has tried the AquaVape or Vapor Tamer and how well they perform, Or should i be looking at the standard style bong instead?

As i said earlier Im a total noob in this area so any help/suggestions are most gratefully received and i look forward to hearing from anybody that can point me in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance. Scotty

xxxscottyxxx,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Hey Scotty :wave: welcome to FC. Great choice on the SSV, as you have already discovered the unit really delivers. Onto water filtration, I myself sprung for a nice diffused piece for my first piece of glass, hoping to save myself heartache and more money from a cheap thin piece being quickly broken or wanting to upgrade shortly after. I don't regret it one bit and I equally love both my David Goldstein tube and Leviathan lattice bubbler. However that said I know of at least one respected member who owns/has owned thousands of dollars in glass and swears by the aquavape, SSV combo. Good luck man

Puffers,

xxxscottyxxx

Hey Scotty :wave: welcome to FC. Great choice on the SSV, as you have already discovered the unit really delivers. Onto water filtration, I myself sprung for a nice diffused piece for my first piece of glass, hoping to save myself heartache and more money from a cheap thin piece being quickly broken or wanting to upgrade shortly after. I don't regret it one bit and I equally love both my David Goldstein tube and Leviathan lattice bubbler. However that said I know of at least one respected member who owns/has owned thousands of dollars in glass and swears by the aquavape, SSV combo. Good luck man

Cheers Puffers, Thanks for the reply....Still gives me lots of options to think about but you say a respected member highly rates the Aquavape so im keeping that option open and at least i know im on the right path! Thanks again. Scotty

xxxscottyxxx,

PhillyFanatic

Just finished reading the entire thread! whew . . . . took a couple of days but it was worth it, being able to soak in and sift through this much info is an honor. Vito and Max you 2 deserve awards of some kind, seriously. My story is similar to many others I have read on this site so no need for a long opera post but I would like to say thank you to fuckcombustion.com for helping me reclaim my health (and I thought I was healthy because I work out) after only vaporizing for 2 months I can see drastic changes in my overall well being along with the best benefit of reduction of phlegm. I went from hocking up huge loogies at least 30 times a day while combusting 3-5 grams of high grade herb a day to now having absolutely no phlegm whatsoever really incredible. My wife says I no longer snore, amazing. I also have been smoking so heavy for so many years (not a daily break of 3-5 grams a day) that my sense of smell was extremely diminished (the only scent I could pick up quickly was marijuana). My sense of smell has greatly improved, I actually can smell the cheeses in whole foods lol. I owe this all to vaporizing.

I started off with an Iolite strictly to use in non-smoking hotel rooms and I absolutely hated it thus I continued to smoke out of bongs/papers/blunts but after a friend turned me on to the Vapir N02 I concluded I could give up smoking for good, especially if I could find a Vape that packed a punch. After owning a N02 for 2 months or so I am ready to step up to the big boys and thus will be ordering my SSV in the morning. After reading this entire thread I feel like I just climbed a mountain and when I hit my SSV for the 1st time I know that will be like standing on the mountain top. Positive Vibes and Good Energy to all

PhillyFanatic,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Cheers Puffers, Thanks for the reply....Still gives me lots of options to think about but you say a respected member highly rates the Aquavape so im keeping that option open and at least i know im on the right path! Thanks again. Scotty

Hey Scotty, Sorry I couldnt narrow it down for you further. The SSV is such a fog machine you can really chose a water piece almost any size. It comes down to personal preference for the most part. Do you prefer a tube or a bubbler? Less drag or more? High or low diffusion? Large or small volume? If you answer some of those questions and browse the glass threads some I am sure you will have better idea of what you are looking for. Good luck. You can always give me shout if you need more help.

Puffers,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
Sarah you do not need anything else to make it hands free.Just the GG wand and GG heater cover.But i wouldn't say the GG is an upgrade.Glad you like the Surfer and try all 3 of the wands and heater covers.I have and i prefer the standard because i enjoy using a greater variety of wands.

NeeChee,

xxxscottyxxx

Hey Scotty, Sorry I couldnt narrow it down for you further. The SSV is such a fog machine you can really chose a water piece almost any size. It comes down to personal preference for the most part. Do you prefer a tube or a bubbler? Less drag or more? High or low diffusion? Large or small volume? If you answer some of those questions and browse the glass threads some I am sure you will have better idea of what you are looking for. Good luck. You can always give me shout if you need more help.

So many questions i dont know the answer to puffers! Its fairly obvious i need to do some serious research to find out exactly what im looking for before i make any decisions. I appreciate your input though mate and when i have a better understanding of what im actually looking for i may very well take you up on your kind offer of providing more info. Im brand new to this forum but its pretty obvious there are some really friendly people on here, It really does seem like a very good community! Scotty

xxxscottyxxx,
Reactions: Puffers

willieR

Been here since 2009
Hi All-

I have a few portable vapes, but now want a SSV. Always wanted one, and now's the time.

I'm not looking for a lot of custom glass at this point. But I do want solid accessories for performance. So other than the SSV itself, what would you buy for accessories? Like a water attachment might be nice. I like the idea of cool / cold vape.

Thanks for not making me read the whole thread

willieR,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Willie don't you already have a water tool of some sort? If so you are set. If not check out all the wonderful glass on the glass threads. If you don't want filtration you can just get one of those glycerin ones which just gives you a cooling effect of the vapor.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
Hey Dreamerr. Thanks for the advice. I don't have a water unit, but have talked about them forever. So the glycerin ones are kept in the freezer or such? That's fine, for sure.

I'm wondering about the bowl, the hose, the basic functional parts. If the "stock" parts are fine, then great. If the stock bowl and hose is a little sketchy, but there are some excellent after-market parts, then I'll dive right in and get those at the same time as I get the SSV

Thanks!

willieR,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I happen to have the ground glass attachment but have used all three and I think they are all fine. It will just depend on what you like and how you use it. I don't think it is difficult to mate it with the glycerine or a water pipe. The tubing is 1/2" and I have used it with my infamous which has an 18mm opening. It does tapper a smidge so I was able to shove the tube in and it worked. I reducer for ten bucks which I eventually bought does work better.

The thing you need to know about the ssv HC and Wand attachment is none IMO are truly hands free for safety. Yes, I can let go of my ground glass but I only do it for a moment as I don't trust that it won't come out. It has never happened but it is on a down angle and a bang can make it happen. The hands free holder with the standard connection I feel the same way about. I don't know it is glass so I would rather have a hand on it. Of course many don't and that is an individual choice.

I hope this answers your questions and I am sure someone way more experienced with the ssv will add and correct me if I made an incorrect statements.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: willieR

willieR

Been here since 2009
That's great info. I like the ground glass. I hear you on the hands free. I'll have a look and be careful.

Thanks again!

willieR,

Just Vape It

I recently bought a SSV off of ebay and when I got it I noticed the heating element was pretty crooked. I've been using it but to get it to vaporize I have to turn the knob to max heat. At max heat its never combusted and sometime it doesn't even turn brown, everywhere else I look most people only turn there knob 1/2 to 3/4 of the way on and I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix this without sending it back for a replacement?

Just Vape It,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I've never hit an ssv (or any other whip style vape for that matter) but I just found a complete ssv setup (ssv, hose, all glass pieces) in my local c-list for 60 bucks! So I pulled the trigger! All I have for now is my solo so a nice home unit should be a welcome addition!

weedmon

do you have the standard heter cover, if so, use a silicon stem with a screen in your bong, put it in the bong so it is airtight, pick up the ssv then use it like a log, u will get super thick milky hits, i need to post a pic and video, so far super thick, if you want lsv hits, just buy the lsv heat cover, then wamt u can use it like an lsv, i have a few mods for mine you can be like a mad scientist with one of these, also pick yourself up a vapor bros mini whip, good whip hits, & less weed
Also I recently invested in an e-nano, i should have it in 3 days or less, it appears to be a bong lover too, supermilky hits, small amount of weed, also has a similar if not the same ceramic heater,
but i love my SSV, i cant imagine that the LSV is better, because i can put it down on the desk and BTW the ground glass whip fits in the LSV HC, and that makes it a hands free as well, but you will use more weed like this

Thanks man for the great info. I love proj-ing on this stuff. I got the mini whip already. I've been hitting it through a bubbler that I use for dabs. It works great. I'm getting super dense smoke. Setting it hotter and pulling faster. This thing is amazing.

I need to see a pic or video of your mad scientist set ups. I think I get it but am not sure. haha.

weedmon,

NeeChee

More meatloaf Ma!
I recently bought a SSV off of ebay and when I got it I noticed the heating element was pretty crooked. I've been using it but to get it to vaporize I have to turn the knob to max heat. At max heat its never combusted and sometime it doesn't even turn brown, everywhere else I look most people only turn there knob 1/2 to 3/4 of the way on and I was just wondering if anyone knew of a way to fix this without sending it back for a replacement?
you might want to call 7th floor and they will trouble shoot with you.You might just need to pull up on the heating element a bit to make its around 1/4-1/8" to the top of the heater cover.

NeeChee,

Just Vape It

you might want to call 7th floor and they will trouble shoot with you.You might just need to pull up on the heating element a bit to make its around 1/4-1/8" to the top of the heater cover.

Cool thanks, do you happen to know how difficult of a process that is?

Just Vape It,
Top Bottom