• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
yup thats what i ment by "then i started reading about this again" sorry for not making it more obvious though , i wonder why they only rate this 9th in list of best vapes, mind you who's opinion is that etc...
this is the list anyway bet most of you have seen before...
http://www.vaporizerblog.com/top-10-vaporizers/

Honestly, forget about any kind of list like that one. First because you don't know who wrote, which variables were taken into account and if they had an interest in putting some vape first.

The SSV is totally different from the Cera. When you are buying a jeep, you don't compare it to a truck do you? I think you will like the SSV very much. It is easy to indulge with that one.. not like your PD. If you want a PD like vaporizer, check the Underdog/Wychwood/HI/Hot Pod.

If you have specific doubts you did not find the answer using the search engine or reading the threads, make one at Ask FC.

PDwasmy1st

Honestly, forget about any kind of list like that one. First because you don't know who wrote, which variables were taken into account and if they had an interest in putting some vape first.

The SSV is totally different from the Cera. When you are buying a jeep, you don't compare it to a truck do you? I think you will like the SSV very much. It is easy to indulge with that one.. not like your PD. If you want a PD like vaporizer, check the Underdog/Wychwood/HI/Hot Pod.

If you have specific doubts you did not find the answer using the search engine or reading the threads, make one at Ask FC.
i was all set to buy , but free is not free postage on vapenow they want $40-$50 to post so they can do 1 , blag friday more like , only Americans get the vapes , they dont want to sell to us :(

PDwasmy1st,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The Extreme Q.... notorious "Jack of all trades.... but Master of none" is #1 on that list.
The criteria for best vape, is a mystery they shared only with those who they invited, which brings us to next point.... who were "they"?

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I have been asking questions and researching the different options available.
So far the SSV seems to be the "FLOWER MACHINE"!
Flavor is important as well as medication.
I have the concentrates down with the right vaporizers.
My FLOWERS are piling up has I go through my WAXES.
I need a FLOWER VAPORIZER!!!!!!

I'm not Vito, but if i may offer my opinion, the LSV is a more versatile unit since you can apply a whip if you'd like, use it dry with the wand and with water pieces as well. The SSV seems to be sturdier and less prone to acidents and overall more resistant to time.

You also missed the part above the one you pasted from Vito's sig, where it says SSV.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm not Vito, but if i may offer my opinion, the LSV is a more versatile unit since you can apply a whip if you'd like, use it dry with the wand and with water pieces as well. The SSV seems to be sturdier and less prone to acidents and overall more resistant to time.

You also missed the part above the one you pasted from Vito's sig, where it says SSV.
Sorry I goofed up!

So I guess I will get a SSV first to start out.

Thank you!

Vitolo

Vaporist
The SSV is more foolproof, and can be left on indefinitely without you having to jump through the hoops... and learn your lessons the hard way (burns, drops, and spills).
I love my LSV (in fact I have 2).. BUT I "fire them up" maybe a couple times a week.
The SSV has been used daily for years.
I woke up and did my first hit on it today as always.... the minute I woke at 6 a.m., I took my first hit.
No waiting.
You also can not diffuse essential oils 24/7 with an LSV.
My house smells great 24/7 and I do use other vapes.... but when I am ill.... I crawl down a hallway lined with vaporizers... I pass an LSV and many others, to sit down in front of my already hot SSV for a real hit~

ManFlies352

I've had my SSV for a year now and just wanted to check in to both rave about it and ask a question. I have had a few vaporizers before, but none of them has lived up to the SSV. Not only does it look amazing with the customizations I had done, it really hits like no other. I've tried it plain, with a bubbler attachment, and with glycerin cooling, and it hits like a champ no matter what. It has become my favorite piece, between my smoking devices and vaping devices, My question is: is there any sort of attachment that can be used to vape hash oil? I really want to vape hash oil but don't want to go spending another couple hundred on a new vape to do it

ManFlies352,
Reactions: ataxian

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use my SSV with hash oil often. I unroll a cotton ball, and cut a piece.. I wipe a dab on one end, then roll it up... jelly roll style keep dab to middle of the cotton as you roll. The cotton (pure cotton only) wont burn... vape away... when it slows down... flip the cotton over.... when that slows down... fluff that cotton out and stuff it in and do it again.
I sometimes (less often) use a bed of abv with a ceramic flavor disc.

ManFlies352

Thank you Vitolo! So glad there is a way to do this with the SSV. About how much hash oil would you recommend to get a good amount of hits?

ManFlies352,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I tried and failed. I figured since you posted it again today I would go for it. I think my black tar as i call it might be old cause it was like glass crystals. I put it in cotton anyhow and nothing on the ssv. I put it in the solo after while and got some hits but tasted bad. I will see what I will try next.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo

Mendohead

a dab....
if it is wax.. a bead half the size of a BB would do.
I very small drop is all that is needed.

Crazy, that's a pretty small dab. I never had wax, or good oil before... i made some iso hash/goop and it tasted like dookie and is not particularly worth inhaling... really wanna try some wax, gotta be potent for that small of an amount!

Mendohead,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I tried and failed. I figured since you posted it again today I would go for it. I think my black tar as i call it might be old cause it was like glass crystals. I put it in cotton anyhow and nothing on the ssv. I put it in the solo after while and got some hits but tasted bad. I will see what I will try next.

With hash vaping at a higher temp then the herb and the cotton making it sit lower in the bowl further away from the heat. I turned mine all the way up and that worked well for me.

Puffers,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dreamerr

Yea I did turn up the ssv but not all the way. Like I said I did get hits from the solo but it tasted bad so I think it is spoiled. I have had it a while.

Dreamerr,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I use my SSV with hash oil often. I unroll a cotton ball, and cut a piece.. I wipe a dab on one end, then roll it up... jelly roll style keep dab to middle of the cotton as you roll. The cotton (pure cotton only) wont burn... vape away... when it slows down... flip the cotton over.... when that slows down... fluff that cotton out and stuff it in and do it again.
I sometimes (less often) use a bed of abv with a ceramic flavor disc.
OK great information.

I have a cocktail that works well in my case. (one off my symptoms is extreme insomnia)
4 grams Indica + 1 gram KEIF mixed in a small glass jar.
I vape a few bowls with a glass stem. (SOLO)
I need to take the dog out to vaporize. (not allowed to vape in the house) It's cold at dusk these days.
I want to plug in while in my garage and sneak a bowl before bed.
The SSV seem like the perfect unit to provide good clean medicated vapor that is needed for a good nights sleep!

Plus I will deal with the winter nights a little better!

Crazy, that's a pretty small dab. I never had wax, or good oil before... i made some iso hash/goop and it tasted like dookie and is not particularly worth inhaling... really wanna try some wax, gotta be potent for that small of an amount!
I am new to all this however I really have grown to love concentrates.
Mainly waxes: Brittle, Crumbled, Nitro.
I take a few rips in conjunction with my Flowers..
With my cartridges I can be really stealth and get medicated without being noticed.

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
OK great information.

I have a cocktail that works well in my case. (one off my symptoms is extreme insomnia)
4 grams Indica + 1 gram KEIF mixed in a small glass jar.
I vape a few bowls with a glass stem. (SOLO)
I need to take the dog out to vaporize. (not allowed to vape in the house) It's cold at dusk these days.
I want to plug in while in my garage and sneak a bowl before bed.
The SSV seem like the perfect unit to provide good clean medicated vapor that is needed for a good nights sleep!

Plus I will deal with the winter nights a little better!

My ssv lives in my garage and after a 3 min warmup when I get home from work is ready for instant vapor til I turn it down for bed time..... If I can remember :ko:

Galactus

Do any of y'all use the the SSV glass oil defuser? Iv been thinking about buying one lately but dont really see the money in the $20+ upgrade. Now i do know they have a cheaper one for the older models but i have the spherical ground glass and they say the new one works better with that.
Any input?

Just as a side note: as of right now everytime i vape i light a candle to reduce smell so this would take the place of that, but is it worth the hassle? I contacted SSV and they said that the glass oil diffuser couldnt be used in conjunction with the hands - free clip for the SGG wand i have so i dont really want to back track...

Also i know its another rather silly question but does anybody see any harm leaving the SSV on all day?
I know its only 25w and i have mine on a protected power strip, but its still an open +400F heat source that could catch some thing on fire. But maybe thats just my own paranoia about open flames.
(caught the kitchen table on fire about a month ago when a candle burnt through the glass... )

Galactus,

Tweek

Lots of folks here leave theirs on 24/7 and turn it down when not in use. I know they ran one at 7th floor for about 6 years I believe. I leave mine on if I am around the house, but turn it off when I go to bed or head out for the day. Personal choice in the end, but the machines are built to last.

Tweek,
Reactions: Puffers

Galactus

Wow 6 years O_o
See i also wonder about the ceramic heater going bad, i mean it seems like eventually it would degrade in terms of quality of heat produced and the strength of how hot it gets but i might be wrong on that..

Galactus,

Dreamerr

I am paranoid about fires but I leave it on low at night or if I leave cause vito said. If there is a fire I will send the ins agent to vito:rofl:

Six years I would say you are wrong. It is the on off switch that goes from what I understand hence leaving it on.

Dreamerr,

Galactus

hahaha true, i guess im not really paranoid just accidents happen. Especially with mine being bedside and i tend to have my bed room door locked so my little brother doesnt wonder in there if im not home, if something we're to happen it wouldn't be the easiest to fix..

Galactus,

Galactus

Ill probably just keep mine on low and turn it up from there.
I dont really mind the minute and a half wait time for the thing to warm up because thats where i get out my herb, grind it, suck it up with my wand, put the whip back together, light the candle, pull out my ABV jar, and then put away everything else. It's all usually done in about a minute so the rest is just me waiting for full heat up.

Dreamerr

Well my SSV is on my nightstand so I have to be careful. I am so scared of fires.

Dreamerr,
Top Bottom