Galactus

oh ok, thanks
being this stuff isnt turning but it still tastes fine, i guess i can keep vaping it but its just 'medicating' me to much compared to others buds. (im not a med user btw)

Galactus,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OK then as long as you get where you want to be which would be very different from most med users IMO. If it ain't broke don't fix it. If you are still feeling it go for it.

Dreamerr,

Tweek

The higher the temp, the deeper you will be extracting. You also will get fatter clouds, so you have to draw faster to prevent burning. The lower the temp, the slower the draw with lots still left in the material, hence the light colour.

Tweek,

Dreamerr

Oh tweek why didn't you write that the first time so I didn't have to type so much.:brow:

Yep play with those temps. I can't handle high temps all that much but you will certainly get a whole different feeling.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Tweek

Mendohead

why are you selling the PAX?

also can you give a small comparison between the pax and the ssv? vapecritic has them rated the same at 88/100 so i was curious. my friend has a pax and i have the ssv but we have never swapped :(

Like Tweek said, the PAX is a conduction vaporizer. Basically, what this means to me is that the herb sits in an 'oven' and gets cooked while you draw or are not drawing (maybe i should read tweeks link about conduction/convection). the hits can be pretty big and the taste is ok. i dont like that it continually cooks your herb while its on. but it is very stealth and easy to conceal. i can hide it in my hand while i hit it. The thing i dont like about the pax is that it is a tempermental unit. it can be very fickle depending on its state of cleaniness, and it needs constant cleaning, which i dont like. The ssv packs the big hits too. the herb tastes way better through the ssv, and you can def. conserve more in the ssv. i am loving the ssv.

Im getting rid of the pax cause its a PIA. i do like the portable factor, but the unit is just not for me.

Mendohead,
Reactions: Vitolo

Galactus

Oh ok, thanks. Iv been interested in the PAX because I'd like a good portable, it's easier when some friends just want to hit bowls...
Because its be nice to have something relative in quality to my SSV on the go. That way I don't have to prepare for activities then leave.

Galactus,

Mendohead

Like Tweek said, the PAX is a conduction vaporizer. Basically, what this means to me is that the herb sits in an 'oven' and gets cooked while you draw or are not drawing (maybe i should read tweeks link about conduction/convection). the hits can be pretty big and the taste is ok. i dont like that it continually cooks your herb while its on. but it is very stealth and easy to conceal. i can hide it in my hand while i hit it. The thing i dont like about the pax is that it is a tempermental unit. it can be very fickle depending on its state of cleaniness, and it needs constant cleaning, which i dont like. The ssv packs the big hits too. the herb tastes way better through the ssv, and you can def. conserve more in the ssv. i am loving the ssv.

Im getting rid of the pax cause its a PIA. i do like the portable factor, but the unit is just not for me.

Kinda crappy comparison, but im a little late 4 work., lol

Oh ok, thanks. Iv been interested in the PAX because I'd like a good portable, it's easier when some friends just want to hit bowls...
Because its be nice to have something relative in quality to my SSV on the go. That way I don't have to prepare for activities then leave.

Unless your up for constant cleaning and having a fickle ape (temp. light issues, sticky mouthpiece etc), avoid it, sorry pax. i wanna get rid of my pax, but i do like having a protable. but what good is it if im on the go, and im having temp light issues and a sticky mouthpiece, i may not be able to even get a session in on the go.

Mendohead,

Galactus

Oh wow, I wouldn't those problems. Why would you have to pay for inconvienaces? Thanks for the heads up I guess I'll keep looking for a better portable. :)

Galactus,

Mendohead

Oh wow, I wouldn't those problems. Why would you have to pay for inconvienaces? Thanks for the heads up I guess I'll keep looking for a better portable. :)

Thats just my take and experience. I do not like to clean my devices too often, but if your the type that does, it may workout for you. but, after using it, its not for me, thats for sure.

edit: my ssv is getting jealous about me and all this talk of PAX. and, just got a call from work, no need to come in. i have a date with my ssv now!

Mendohead,
Reactions: Dreamerr

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind

The Thermovape Cera is just getting ready to release its a new portable. You can check out the thread the excitement in it is palpalabe. Youll notice though you gotta stick with it if you wanna keep up though. Thermovape is working damn near around the clock with testing, video, updates, production, etc so the thread is constsantly updated and growing at a couple pages a day and is probably gonnna get worse as more beta testers receive their unit lol. It's a all American made vaporizer made of ceramic zirconia which is damn near as strong as diamonds :nod: medical grade materials with a modular platform for herb, oil, and e cig.

Puffers,
Reactions: Tweak

Dreamerr

Yep there are a bunch of portables that are good but you have to decide what you want in order of preference in order to pick right. You can just end up with a bunch like a lot of us but that is fun too. I change vapes depending on the draw I want. There is some ease thrown in to some as well. I use around 3 different ones a day but sometimes like yesterday I only used the solo. That won't be the case today.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Galactus

Mendohead

So, what is the consensus on the loading the bowl on the ssv:

Should the herb be grinded up or should it be in tiny chunks/flakes?

Ive seen Tokin's videos on youtube, and he says he likes to chop the nugs instead of grinding. I think Vitolo has said the same?

How do YOU do it, and why?

Mendohead,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I give mine a medium grind in a 2space piece grinder cause i am damn near ocd about keeping trichs off my fingers and in my vapor :freak: i dump directly from my grinder to my jar a day or two worth of meds the only time i touch my buds is to break up enough to get the big stems out before grinding. I have stuck larger budlets in there and while it vapes the vapor isnt as dense as when you give it an easy grind for more surface area ime

Edit and when you go to bust the larger chunks up with the poker sometimes they fly out of the wand

MotoPsycho

I like putting small pieces in and breaking it up real fine with a poker. And you can stop the bud flinging by sticking your middle finger in the wand hole while you stir with your index and thumb. That way all of the kief is in your wand.

MotoPsycho,
Reactions: Mendohead

Galactus

i have a large/medium grind going now just because im using a cheap wood grinder. Im looking to get a mendo vape grinder because i prefer a fine ground bud.

but iv been meaning to ask do you call the SSV a bowl or wand? i say both just depending

also what is the effect difference between high and low temp? long and short pulls?

Galactus,

Galactus

ok, just got my SSV order from their black friday sale in the mail yesterday.
40ft of whip is so excessive.. its just too much haha :) i really dont think i will ever use that much.

But my main question is does anyone else have the spherical glass handsfree clip? is it easy to use?
Because mine isnt easy to use at all, it actually makes it quite difficult to get on. I mean after its on its great because i dont have to worry about stopping what im doing to take a draw, i just lift up the mouthpiece and inhale. idk just wondering about other peoples two cents..

Galactus,

Warmen

I've had a brief look through the thread and tried searching to no avail. How much herb does the chamber hold? Does it need to be filled? I know desktops and portables have different uses, but how is the effiency of a unit such as this as opposed to the inhalator or similar?

Warmen,

Dreamerr

Very efficient. I put in about half the capsule of the INH or 1/4 of the wand which I believe is what the instructions recommend.

Dreamerr,

Qbit

cannabanana
Protip: When you need to replace the screen in your SSV wand, a chopstick is an excellent device for removing (or at least dislodging) the old one.

Vitolo

Vaporist
If you use a standard Hand Held wand, and find that a chopstick won't fit, use the end of a regular paint brush from a child's paint set. The brush side can be used to brush around in your screen area to clean it also! (always upside down, so the debris does not get "rubbed down into" the screen.. and it falls downward)
clean-1.jpg

Top Bottom