• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Tweek

If you are concerned, just switch it off...I'd rather repair a worn switch than take fire risks. Although I feel the risks with this unit are very low, you are always taking a small chance when leaving anything hot like that plugged in. So if it bothers you, just switch it on and off as needed...it warms up quick :)

Tweek,

Galactus

yea same, especially me using a bunch of headphones and cabling around it, if one got loose it could go up in flames. And some of these cables cost more than the SSV its self :(

Galactus,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
Six years I would say you are wrong. It is the on off switch that goes from what I understand hence leaving it on.

I don't know if it goes bad but I don't tempt Murphy and his laws when it comes to my SSV so I just leave it on but turned down for the night. Actually you were right in a way dreamer....... But tweek was more right :p

It was just short of 8 years!

24/7 those ceramic elements are durable

Puffers,

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Wow 6 years O_o
See i also wonder about the ceramic heater going bad, i mean it seems like eventually it would degrade in terms of quality of heat produced and the strength of how hot it gets but i might be wrong on that..

I was told (by 7'th floor) that if the ceramic heater did go bad, the cost to replace it is around $35.00
I have mine on 24/7 now and it hasn't lost a bit of performance.

BoldtVapor,

Mendohead

I leave mine on for 24/7 as well. its barely warm (heater cover) when turned down all the way... seems all good.

Mendohead,

Galactus

Oh wow, didn't know they could replace it. That's very nice.
Thanks for the reassurance guys :)

Galactus,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
It would take magic tricks for it to start a fire anyhow. It is a covered element so even the heat of the glass would take forever if at all to start a fire if something fell on the heater cover. In order to start a fire a piece of cloth or something would have to go inside and heat the hot ceramic...IMO. Mine sits low in the glass and I never moved it so it would really be impossible.

Dreamerr,

Galactus

Same thats what im thinking. I left it on all day at school and nothing happened so it was a good test run. Picked up a good 8th of Sour Diesel herb on my way home for $50 (a good deal around here, havent seen anything like that since i used to sell) and it was so much easier to just get in and go rather than have that wait time. I could spare and extra 30 seconds waiting but why would i want to ;)

Galactus,
Reactions: Vitolo

Dreamerr

Yep Vito is the man, a vape on every table, in every pocket, one hidden in the yard under the key rock lmfao. I bet he even has one hidden in the toilet paper roller just in case he is in there to long:rockon:

Vitolo

Vaporist
Yep Vito is the man, a vape on every table, in every pocket, one hidden in the yard under the key rock lmfao. I bet he even has one hidden in the toilet paper roller just in case he is in there to long:rockon:
Had you asked to use the bathroom, you would have seen .... two in plain site within arms reach for a Vaporist sitting on the can. The only reason I hide the one in the yard under the Key Rock... is so my dogs don't take up a habit that will put a further strain on my aching budget!

Dreamerr

Why did you have to ruin it Vito...I preferred to think it was hidden in the toilet paper roller. The stash was in the old lady knitted cover over the extra toilet paper roll on the back of the john lmao.

Mendohead

Ahh, Ive been thinking about you since i woke up today... Nice rainy day, great day to vape, but i had to go to work. so, now i am home, turned up my ssv (since i dont turn off--Thanks Vito!) and in no time im vapin' away the days stress. Damn, i love the SSV!

BoldtVapor

Lost Coast Surfer
Seems like every time I go out to the bar, someone offers to smoke me out. When I tell them that I don't smoke anymore, they look at me like I must have lost my mind. Then I show them a pic on my phone with the SSV and they understand me when I tell them "Fuck Combustion". Then they ask to come over and try it.
Spread the word. :tup:

Galactus

yea, i have people ask all the time if they can come over and vape...
I actually had a bunch of my friends pitch in $5 to pay for a SSV order i had just so they can have one big vape party.. hahah

Mendohead

I'm new to vaping, have only been doing so for about 2 months, but have turned several people onto the great woners of vaping...and BoldtVapor, i have turned down a couple of sessions and have recieved the same looks, but then i bust out the PAX! (sadly to say, i may be returning or selling the pax)

Galactus

Ok more questions :)
If im asking in the wrong forum please tell me because i dont really know where to ask these since they're kinda vape specific.

question 1: so i got some new herb and iv gotten stuff like this before that just doesn't turn brown like other herb does. it will just pull everynow and then and not as big vapor 'smoke' but still some. Like today iv hit this a 3 times with 5-7 pulls each and its still a light green. its sour diesel if that helps.

Question 2: how should i dry out my herbs? just leave it out? because i really dont like my room smelling like bud but it seems like the only way. But side note, iv been wondering how much i should grind at one time. i know grinding a bunch makes it dry out and lose flavor but iv read "too dry isn't in a vaporist vocabulary.." can someone explain this to me? i dont really understand how both of these could be true or at least both useful?

Question 3: what temp setting do you use your SSV on? mines at noon but that doesnt say much because every dial is set differently i pull it a notch back from full power which is set at like 3-3:30
Iv been reading up on the different effects at different temps but also still dont understand that either...

Thanks in advance ,i know these are novice questions but im just starting out, maybe 3 months in tops.

Galactus,

Galactus

why are you selling the PAX?

also can you give a small comparison between the pax and the ssv? vapecritic has them rated the same at 88/100 so i was curious. my friend has a pax and i have the ssv but we have never swapped :(

Galactus,

Galactus

also can you give a small comparison between the pax and the ssv? vapecritic has them rated the same at 88/100 so i was curious. my friend has a pax and i have the ssv but we have never swapped :(

Galactus,

Tweek

K
why are you selling the PAX?

Edit your posts...back to back posts are frowned upon ;) PAX is a portable conduction...less taste, less efficiency, but a heavy hitter and stealth, although fussy (see thread) SSV is convection...better taste, more efficient, also a heavy hitter. It's a desktop vape for home use.

I love my PAX as a portable, but would never trade my SSV for one. ;)

Edit: Conduction vs convection, if you are not aware: http://www.vapeworld.com/convection-vs-conduction/

Galactus

haha ok, i tried to edit my posts but i couldnt figure out how

I know, i love my SSV im using it right now ;)

Galactus,
Reactions: Tweek

Dreamerr

The ssv on off will be about 7:00 which would make you have it where most do. I started at a.bout 11:30 sometimes 12. I don't take long hits. I am not a cloud chaser. I like smooth, tasty, good meds so you can compare as to what you want G.

With your green herb. I have had that happen with some strains however I will use it till the taste is bad or I want greener stuff in my ABV jar. You can use a little bit for a really, really long time. If I had to guess since I never counted, a quarter of a stem which is what the instructions say, loosly loaded, ground course, I take about 4 to 5 short pulls, still mucho vape coming out of my mouth. I more then likely do this 4 times before dumping. I can count next time but it is all about your taste, if you are still getting what meds you need if you are a med user, and how much stuff you want left on your ABV. I hope this helps.

The edit button is at the bottom of your text box next to your name.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom