PUFFiT portable

VisiblyVaped

I don't want to ruin your birthday tomorrow. But if you didn't like the draw of the iolite or the TV1 you are definitely not going to like the draw of the Puffit. There really isn't any draw at all. I have had over 10 iolite's 3 Wispr's and a TV1 and they all IMO draw better than the Puffit.
Seriously, how could that be possible? I may have a used puffit for sale soon, but i hope not.

The iolite wasn't horrendous, the tv1 could have been defective...I haven't seen any complaints of this draw yet

VisiblyVaped,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Seriously, how could that be possible? I may have a used puffit for sale soon, but i hope not.

The iolite wasn't horrendous, the tv1 could have been defective...I haven't seen any complaints of this draw yet

I hope I'm wrong. I'm just sharing my own experiences and opinions. But if your looking for lots of vapor that's one thing the Puffit can't do.

The only time I got lots of vapor is when I mixed some Keif in the middle of my herbs.

But If your looking for something stealthy that gets you medicated it definitely delivers.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Coastal

And you don't need to be. It doesn't pertain to you (although I think it's a little humorous that you think it does :cool:). It pertains to my own children. :lol:

And, as to deHongsta's comment, it was innocuous enough. We just don't want this turning into the order/delivery/pissed at Gotvape thread instead of the Puffit thread.

file.php
:whip: This ones for you Coastal.... ;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing...

ME LIKEY!

Coastal,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
I found it easier to grab the mouthpiece from the top an bottom as opposed to the sides.....

just slid a new mouthpiece on and as soon as it "snapped" into place, i could feel it was not going to come off. i tried the top and bottom grab method and it still will not come off easily. i am really scared of breaking another. so this one is staying on till i need to charge... which wont be long i'm sure. i bet i break another one. so far that is the only flaw i have found but again, i haven't used it enough to judge. i am going to go do that now. i have beer poured and i'm going to grind up some meds and use till it dies i think. i will report back later

mmenzie,

VisiblyVaped

I hope I'm wrong. I'm just sharing my own experiences and opinions. But if your looking for lots of vapor that's one thing the Puffit can't do.

The only time I got lots of vapor is when I mixed some Keif in the middle of my herbs.

But If your looking for something stealthy that gets you medicated it definitely delivers.

Ideally, itd perform as well as my mflb, my favorite portable (or the solo, im back and forth)

VisiblyVaped,

daHongsta

I was mistaken. Tightly packed bowls are much better. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this guy. Must say so far so good. Except for the battery life and long charging time.

daHongsta,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

This has happened a few times. I have unplugged mine fully charged packed it 3/4 tightly filled. Took around 10-12 hits and the battery completely died.

I only use the Puffit twice a day.

So I would pack a bowl after being fully charged overnight. Take 10 -12 hits and the battery would die. Charge it for another 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Use it the second time and again it died after 10-12 hits. Then another 2 1/2 to 3 hour charge.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Reactions: BoxofRock

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
This has happened a few times. I have unplugged mine fully charged packed it 3/4 tightly filled. Took around 10-12 hits and the battery completely died.

It seems to be happening randomly to a few people.

What are you using to charge it? A wall plug or a computer?

If it's a wall plug, have you tried other plugs?

If it's a computer, have you tried a different USB port? Have you tried a different computer? Have you tried a laptop vs. a desktop?

Quetzalcoatl,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

It seems to be happening randomly to a few people.

What are you using to charge it? A wall plug or a computer?

If it's a wall plug, have you tried other plugs?

If it's a computer, have you tried a different USB port? Have you tried a different computer? Have you tried a laptop vs. a desktop?

So far I have only been using the charger that came with my iPad. I have 2 of them one at home and one at work

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

Coastal

I only use the Puffit twice a day.

So I would pack a bowl after being fully charged overnight. Take 10 -12 hits and the battery would die. Charge it for another 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Use it the second time and again it died after 10-12 hits. Then another 2 1/2 to 3 hour charge.

If you have a much shorter charge/discharge cycle than everyone else you may have a defective battery.

just slid a new mouthpiece on and as soon as it "snapped" into place, i could feel it was not going to come off. i tried the top and bottom grab method and it still will not come off easily. i am really scared of breaking another. so this one is staying on till i need to charge... which wont be long i'm sure. i bet i break another one. so far that is the only flaw i have found but again, i haven't used it enough to judge. i am going to go do that now. i have beer poured and i'm going to grind up some meds and use till it dies i think. i will report back later

What broke on the mouthpiece?

Coastal,

mmenzie

The semi clear mouthpiece just snapped when I took it off

Here's an interesting one to chew on.... I thought my battery just died. I got the fast red flashing light and I couldn't start a cycle. I did the battery check thingee and it gave me a red light. The bowl was pretty much done so I emptied and set it down to cool. After reading the posts above about the battery and feeling my last bowl should have lasted longer I checked my battery again and this time I got a green light and I didn't even plug it back in. Weird huh???

Mod note: Please avoid making back-to-back posts in a thread. Use the Edit feature located near the lower right of your posts. Posts merged.

mmenzie,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The whip-cracking would be because, as per momofthegoons' warnings, you are not supposed to post about when you ordered or when it shipped or when you expect to get it, or ask anyone else about these things for that matter. It is fine to post about your initial experience.

Edit: How did this get here? I posted this immediately after the post asking why the whip-cracking. It was the newest post at the time. Something weird happening...

pakalolo,

Jenny

VapeGirl
The semi clear mouthpiece just snapped when I took it off

I've been using the puffit without the mouthpiece when I'm home alone, because at times I can't even get the mouthpiece off to charge it because it's so stuck on.

& I wish it came with an extra black mouth piece cap and metal cap because I almost lost the black mouthpiece one today, ugh!! and the metal cap sometimes comes loose and feels like one of these days it's going to completely come off and my herb is just going to spill out everywhere

Jenny,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

If you have a much shorter charge/discharge cycle than everyone else you may have a defective battery.

I don't think it's a defective battery. More like a defective design. Other people are having the same issues.

Just read mmenzie's three posts up.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Reactions: OF

mmenzie

I really think the battery is, at the moment, the biggest issue i have. i admit i did not let it charge overnight but when i woke up this morning i threw it on the charger. it got a good 90 minutes on the charger and when i pulled it off the light was still blinking indicating it was still charging. i packed it up and off i went. i got about 6 or 7 pulls and then got the flashing red light. hard to believe that it only got enough for 6 or 7 draws on that charge. i also notice that i am having draw kinda hard (like on my solo) to feel the airflow. now i know i pack my bowls tight (cause thats what i was told worked better and my own tests proved to me that tightly packed bowls produce better vapor) which may be why the airflow is soo tight. i am getting medicated for sure and i still have a hint of silicone taste (not horrible though). i am not in love with this vape like i LOVE my DBV. i do not like it as much as my solo either... but so far it has given me better results than i had with my MFLB (my opinion only) so that is a good thing. the battery capacity though is an issue so far. i did get pretty good results after a full charge so there is a difference between a partial and a full charge. i will say though the battery capacity indicator they built into the software needs a VAST improvement and i would not recommend relying on it. I know the MFG said the same thing, but i just want to reiterate it.

mmenzie,

Kuroth1

Get your Freak on....
I really think the battery is, at the moment, the biggest issue i have. i admit i did not let it charge overnight but when i woke up this morning i threw it on the charger. it got a good 90 minutes on the charger and when i pulled it off the light was still blinking indicating it was still charging. i packed it up and off i went. i got about 6 or 7 pulls and then got the flashing red light. hard to believe that it only got enough for 6 or 7 draws on that charge. i also notice that i am having draw kinda hard (like on my solo) to feel the airflow. now i know i pack my bowls tight (cause thats what i was told worked better and my own tests proved to me that tightly packed bowls produce better vapor) which may be why the airflow is soo tight. i am getting medicated for sure and i still have a hint of silicone taste (not horrible though). i am not in love with this vape like i LOVE my DBV. i do not like it as much as my solo either... but so far it has given me better results than i had with my MFLB (my opinion only) so that is a good thing. the battery capacity though is an issue so far. i did get pretty good results after a full charge so there is a difference between a partial and a full charge. i will say though the battery capacity indicator they built into the software needs a VAST improvement and i would not recommend relying on it. I know the MFG said the same thing, but i just want to reiterate it.

The battery capacity issue concerns me.. Trying to keep up with all I am reading is hard but do we know if others like dogman and whoever that has a Puffit is having these same battery capacity issuues or just a few? In other words, I am trying to determine, by reading here, how wide spread this is..

And no offense but IMO the last post by the Puffit makers a few pages back(and see below) did NOT address the battery capacity issue but danced around it.. Capacity to me means how long a charge should last not how much room the Battery takes up inside the unit.. Who cares about that??

Re: Battery Charging rate and Capacity.

Full Charge from dead should take 2.5-3 hours. This is a function of the USB standard. There is a limit on the current we can draw from a standard USB port. (500mA) In order to Charge faster we would have to provide a matched AC adapter designed specifically to work with our unit. this of course would have raised the cost of the product.
As far as capacity is concerned you can see from BoxofRock's photos (I knew someone would get curious and do this at some point) it's pretty tight in there. We basically designed the unit around the biggest battery we could. We think we've managed to balance capacity vs size pretty well.

Kuroth1,

OF

Assuming even reasonable quality batteries the nature of such things is they should all be performing basically the same this early in their service life. Charged and discharged in the same way should give the same results no matter which one you pick out of the box. I think most of the variations can be explained by new users, limited experience and different perspectives. Hopefully they will average out over time.

The maker has said they expect several hours charging needed to replace the 1100 mAh that could be needed. Given he's also said they stayed below 500 mA out of respect for low power USB ports, this makes sense (the math works). Part of the rub is, the end of charge is not going to be at a full 500 mA (almost certainly, although it could for higher cost), but rather will 'taper off'. Still, a basic design should give at least half charge to a stone dead battery in a few hours. Just like the battery in your cell phone or laptop, you can do partial charges without penalty.

I'm not saying folks aren't having the experiences they are reporting, I'm just trying to fit it all together.

Against all that, 1100 mAh at 3.7 Volts is not a lot of power. That's less than twice what MFLB has available in a fully charged 2400 mAh battery (the factory one, not the high power 2700). 4 WH against 2.6. Nobody I know expects more than a few trenches from a pair of fresh charged batteries with MFLB, and it's about the most efficient vape out there. For another benchmark, that much energy would give you half an hour on PD or similar stem vapes (also well respected champs of being frugal with energy), enough to get it hot and do a few stems. Or it will run my HA for just over two minutes, not really enough to get it fully heated up even.

It may well turn out to be just the ticket for a few quick tokes on the sly, but as a 'daily driver' with any volume involved it's likely to fall short of the mark. I think the physics are against that.

OF

Dogman

Vaporist Extrordinair
Hey guys, thought I would drop in and answer some questions.

My battery life is excellent, I only use it a couple of times a week, and I keep it plugged in when not in use, and even unplug it a few times a day and plug it back in to top off the battery. The charger will charge it for 10 or 15 minutes and then the green light goes off again.

I am not getting huge clouds, but if I blow my exhausted air into a lamp, I can definitely see vapors. I like the fact that it does not produce huge clouds, and I get totally blasted from it. Vapors do not need to be visible to get the job done, so for the stealth factor the lighter clouds are a big plus for me.

I went to a film festival this last weekend and was going to use my Puffit during the movie. It was a small theater at the art museum in a closed room with not much circulation, and about 20 seconds after starting the heat up, the smell of roasting marijuana filled my small area and I was forced to shut it down with no hits. For that situation I wish I had grabbed my T1, I never smell anything coming from it while heating.

I fell very comfortable saying the taste is gone from my Puffit. I get extremely clean taste from my T1, and though the taste from the Puffit is not as clean tasting (convection vs conduction) as the T1, I taste nothing but the sweet flower.

Sorry some of you are having problems with yours, I hope the manufacturers and distributors are paying attention and will help with the proper solution to keep everyone happy.

Dogman,

BoxofRock

as in dumb as
If the battery has issues now.

What is the battery going to be like in a few months after all the charging cycles?

What, only one hit after a full charge?
run it hard, it does have a 30 day warranty on the battery

edit:
wipeout of my BS, well not all, OF is top notch

BoxofRock,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Dogman, so it seems you prefer your T1 in public more then the puffit. Is this true? The puffit seems more stealthy but the T1 can still be in hand without much notice according to pictures. The battery life on the puffit if you can't use it for the day would be an issue since the idea of a portable is portability. Would you use either in a non smoking hotel room or would that be an issue?

Dreamerr,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Would you use either in a non smoking hotel room or would that be an issue?
Sorry to butt in on your conversation, I have used my T1 extensively as a hotel vape and can comment on this. When vaping in non smoking hotel rooms, first if we can, utilize a balcony. Keep the smells out if we can. Barring that we take it to the "rest" room. Fan on high, deploy smokebuddy, and have fun :)

Where the smell problems come in for the T1 is when you open it to stir or dump the ABV. This action can release a lot of smell into a room. Thats why the balcony worked out so great I just dumped the load over the rail and went back inside. If you are in the bath . . . well you have other options

Remember to use a lighter to test to see how air flows under the door of your room. If the air flows out into the hall, that is NO BUENO :disgust: What you want is airflow in to your room from the hall, then out via the fans. That way you know no one is going to get a whiff walking by in the hall.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Wow then what is the point of a vape if you have to go through all that? I have used the davinci in my bedroom and people sitting in the room with me report no smell and never even know I am smoking unless they turn towards me. For me the time constraints of the DV is not doable in the situation I am going to be in which is why I was wondering about the quick puffit or T1 for the one quick hit. I am not mobile so as much as I appreciate your work around t-dub that won't be possible.

Dreamerr,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I wasn't speaking to the DaVinci, and my method may be way over the top for most. But I never get caught. You could open up the T1 lying on the bed as long as you knew the room airflow was set right, but I take no chances.

Top Bottom