PUFFiT portable

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
How does the plastic smell to you?

so i went to the car to have lunch today to check out my charging Puffit (which was done charging, cause the light was out and i knew it was blinking green when i plugged it in) and ran my nose up and down it. the outside smelt like any other plastic i have ever smelled (i don't usually go around smelling plastic). i took the cap off to smell around the bowl and the smell was different. it had a very light, nearly un-noticeable silicone smell. it did smell different than the body of the unit but is was very faint. i am going to assume i really won't notice till i fire it up later. 4 1/2 hours to go!!!

mmenzie,

mmenzie

ITS HERE GUYS! Stay tuned - about to try this bad-boy out for the first time........

you may want to charge it up some before using. i know it comes shipped with somewhat of a charge but i do not know how much. i know some people posted having issues with it out of the box. so i would give it a good charge before using IMHO... that's what i am doing. when i test mine later it will have a nice full charge.

mmenzie,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

so i went to the car to have lunch today to check out my charging Puffit (which was done charging, cause the light was out and i knew it was blinking green when i plugged it in) and ran my nose up and down it. the outside smelt like any other plastic i have ever smelled (i don't usually go around smelling plastic). i took the cap off to smell around the bowl and the smell was different. it had a very light, nearly un-noticeable silicone smell. it did smell different than the body of the unit but is was very faint. i am going to assume i really won't notice till i fire it up later. 4 1/2 hours to go!!!

So would you say it took around 3 hours to fully charge in your car?

Which is good to know since i assumed it would of taken longer.

You must own a European car to be able to charge while car is off? I know most American cars do not.

Thank you for checking on the plastic smell.

Please give us your feedback once your capable. :ko:

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

mmenzie

So would you say it took around 3 hours to fully charge in your car?

Which is good to know since i assumed it would of taken longer.

You must own a European car to be able to charge while car is off? I know most American cars do not.

Thank you for checking on the plastic smell.

Please give us your feedback once your capable. :ko:

actually... i own a 2001 GMC Sonoma Pickup. the lighter receptacle works when the car is off just fine. my wife owns a 2003 Honda Odyssey with multiple receptacles and none work when the car is off :brow: and yes it was about 3 hours maybe more it was sitting out there charging. i unplugged it and played with it some (did not fire it up as the directions warn about heating up an empty bowl) and when my break was over i put it back on the charger and the green light started to blink again so i know it was charging. will defiantly play with it more tonight and report back then.

mmenzie,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

ITS HERE GUYS! Stay tuned - about to try this bad-boy out for the first time........

I agree with mmenzie that you should fully charge it first.

But patience isn't one of my virtues. So i gave it a go right out of the box.

I first checked the battery status which was in the green. Which would indicate it had at the least an 80% charge. ( so they say )

I just couldn't wait the 2 1/2 to 3 hour charging time.

And i do notice it sill takes a long time to fully charge when just trying to top it off.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

daHongsta

How will I know when it's fully charged? Stupid question probably... but the pamphlet doesn't tell me

daHongsta,

mmenzie

How will I know when it's fully charged? Stupid question probably... but the pamphlet doesn't tell me

in the pamphlet i received it says the light will be blinking green when charging and will go out when it is fully charged

mmenzie,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

actually... i own a 2001 GMC Sonoma Pickup. the lighter receptacle works when the car is off just fine. my wife owns a 2003 Honda Odyssey with multiple receptacles and none work when the car is off :brow: and yes it was about 3 hours maybe more it was sitting out there charging. i unplugged it and played with it some (did not fire it up as the directions warn about heating up an empty bowl) and when my break was over i put it back on the charger and the green light started to blink again so i know it was charging. will defiantly play with it more tonight and report back then.

I guess it depends on the car then. My wifes Honda also doesn't charge when off. But my Audi does. I leased a GMC Hummer H3 a few years ago and it didn't charge while it was off. And the H3 was basically a Colorado with a Hummer body. Sorry for drifting off topic.

I will be eagerly awaiting for your feedback.

Thanks Again!

Enjoy!

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

daHongsta

in the pamphlet i received it says the light will be blinking green when charging and will go out when it is fully charged
oh yeah, how 'bout that... charging away.

confusion: Discreet Vape says to fill the bowl loosely.. I think I read a post that says to pack it tightly... which to do?

daHongsta,

Jenny

VapeGirl
I accidently unplugged mine from the wall (after it charged all night) and its been blinking green again for about 40 minutes and it hadn't even been used, I literally unplugged it for like 3 seconds....weird.

& I noticed when it's blinking it makes a faint sound....Like a buzzing sound

And I no longer have a plastic taste, it does go away, or I just got used to it? I'm going to count how many hits I take of this before I have to charge it again, because to me it's not more than 1 bowl and that sucks!!!

Jenny,

mmenzie

oh yeah, how 'bout that... charging away.

confusion: Discreet Vape says to fill the bowl loosely.. I think I read a post that says to pack it tightly... which to do?

the rep from GV told me to pack it tightly and i have heard others on this thread say the same. so when i try mine out tonight i will be packing it tight

mmenzie,

Coastal

Why? Its on a truck as we speak. It should be here some time today. Once I get it and re-up, I will post on my initial experience. No need for crack whipping, whipper-snapper...:)

You must have missed the part where we were sort of told to keep delivery dates and other such non review details to a minimum. Also then my thoughts drifted to momofthegoons being leather clad with a whip. :cool: (for keeping us in "control", hence the whippy icon.)

'sallgood since you didn't get "whipped".

Coastal,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

You must have missed the part where we were sort of told to keep delivery dates and other such non review details to a minimum. Also then my thoughts drifted to momofthegoons being leather clad with a whip. :cool: (for keeping us in "control", hence the whippy icon.)

'sallgood since you didn't get "whipped".

I'm not to comfortable being called a "Goon" that she happens to be the mother of. :\

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I'm not to comfortable being called a "Goon" that she happens to be the mother of. :\" title=

And you don't need to be. It doesn't pertain to you (although I think it's a little humorous that you think it does :cool:). It pertains to my own children. :lol:

And, as to deHongsta's comment, it was innocuous enough. We just don't want this turning into the order/delivery/pissed at Gotvape thread instead of the Puffit thread.

file.php
:whip: This ones for you Coastal.... ;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing...

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

And you don't need to be. It doesn't pertain to you (although I think it's a little humorous that you think it does :cool:). It pertains to my own children. :lol:

And, as to deHongsta's comment, it was innocuous enough. We just don't want this turning into the order/delivery/pissed at Gotvape thread instead of the Puffit thread.

:whip:That ones for you Coastal.... ;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled programing...

Too funny! :lol:

Do accept my apologies.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

topgun86

Finally got mine, ordered in late June. Thanks to the people who posted as I was concerned that This was too good to br true. Its well made and feels so healthy that it changes the vibe considerably not to mention the matte black stealth look. As a digital volcano vet I like doing a subtle temp change. its inpossible to choke out on max settings but can give you that transparent clear feeling. take a full pranayama breath and it doubles as a breathing tool. definitely the future right here, thanks.

topgun86,

daHongsta

So I got through my first battery cycle with my Puffit (arrived today). As fates would have it, it arrived just as I was down to my last bowl. I quickly ran through that with what charge it came with, but didn't have enough data to do a full eval (and my guy isn't answering)!

Anyway, I plugged it in using the wall charger and by the the time my back up came through, it was fully charged....

I loaded 4 bowls in total before the battery died. I found loosely packed bowls work best and occasional stirring is required. For some reason, while with a few my hits produced some visible vape clouds; when my back up guy took his, he coughed up a HUGE one!

I'm not sure what it was; it could be one or a combination of a couple of things. First, it was not a fresh bowl; but, I did do a pretty good stir-job using the lil tool that it came with (and that I'm sure I will probably lose before I finish this post). Next, I think he let the cycle go through once before the hit it, and he also thought it was like a real inhaler and pressed the top of it at the start of his hit. Then I saw vapes oozing out of his nose and mouth - then he coughed and I saw a pretty big cloud. Beginners luck I suppose.

Now, judging from the amount of spent product, I'd say that I've gone through just about the same as if I had rolled one (as I normally do). Having not really been one to vape in the past, I'm not really sure of what the difference is supposed to be, but I don't feel the same as when I have burned through a rolled one vs. having vaped through one - then again, its not my usual stash.

Recharging.....

daHongsta,
Just fired mine up for the first time, pretty impressed so far! The plastic taste is definitely noticeable, and does cover up the taste of the flowers, but I haven't found it to detract from the experience so far. The top of the puffit is already pretty warm after 5-6 cycles, but otherwise I am enjoying it!

alorslouis,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
So I got through my first battery cycle with my Puffit (arrived today). As fates would have it, it arrived just as I was down to my last bowl. I quickly ran through that with what charge it came with, but didn't have enough data to do a full eval (and my guy isn't answering)!

Anyway, I plugged it in using the wall charger and by the the time my back up came through, it was fully charged....

I loaded 4 bowls in total before the battery died. I found loosely packed bowls work best and occasional stirring is required. For some reason, while with a few my hits produced some visible vape clouds; when my back up guy took his, he coughed up a HUGE one!

I'm not sure what it was; it could be one or a combination of a couple of things. First, it was not a fresh bowl; but, I did do a pretty good stir-job using the lil tool that it came with (and that I'm sure I will probably lose before I finish this post). Next, I think he let the cycle go through once before the hit it, and he also thought it was like a real inhaler and pressed the top of it at the start of his hit. Then I saw vapes oozing out of his nose and mouth - then he coughed and I saw a pretty big cloud. Beginners luck I suppose.

Now, judging from the amount of spent product, I'd say that I've gone through just about the same as if I had rolled one (as I normally do). Having not really been one to vape in the past, I'm not really sure of what the difference is supposed to be, but I don't feel the same as when I have burned through a rolled one vs. having vaped through one - then again, its not my usual stash.

Recharging.....

This vape probably would not be one I would recommend to a first time vaporist. Any vape is hard to get used to when converting from smoking, but these little conduction handhelds are probably harder than most.

daHongsta

This vape probably would not be one I would recommend to a first time vaporist. Any vape is hard to get used to when converting from smoking, but these little conduction handhelds are probably harder than most.

I like it for the portability, the quick heat-up time, and not having to use a baggie (that always seemed silly to me for some reason), and - although all vaporizers do this - the little-to-no odor. I've used one in the past that just took FOREVER to reach the set temperature and for the baggie to fill up. Plus, what happen if/when the baggie rips - you have to replace them and spend more money on that.

If you know of and could recommend one that is fast-heating, bag-less, and uses conduction heating; please let me know. (It would also help if it didn't cost like a thousand dollars).

daHongsta,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
Why in particular do you need a conduction heating based vape only? There's alot of other decent portables on the market right now like the Solo, Inhalater, DaVinci and soon the Pax.

CentiZen,

mmenzie

hello everyone... got to write this quick cause i am needed back upstairs. I packed mine tight and took it up to number 8 on the dial. First hit i could taste a little meds but no exhaled clouds. now my next few hits are different. i could taste the meds and get light wispy clouds. it was till i was almost done with my first bowl that i started to SLIGHTLY taste the plastic taste. i guess either i'm not sensitive to the taste or the new curing method worked. all in all... i got a good buzz off one bowl and i am so far happy with the vape. i do have one complaint... the mouthguard on mine was really tight!!! i just broke my first one trying to get it off so i could re-charge :( glad there are 3 more, but i hope i figure out how to put it in and take it off without breaking it. after the spouse goes to bed i will give it more testing and a better review.

stay tuned.....

mmenzie,

daHongsta

hello everyone... got to write this quick cause i am needed back upstairs. I packed mine tight and took it up to number 8 on the dial. First hit i could taste a little meds but no exhaled clouds. now my next few hits are different. i could taste the meds and get light wispy clouds. it was till i was almost done with my first bowl that i started to SLIGHTLY taste the plastic taste. i guess either i'm not sensitive to the taste or the new curing method worked. all in all... i got a good buzz off one bowl and i am so far happy with the vape. i do have one complaint... the mouthguard on mine was really tight!!! i just broke my first one trying to get it off so i could re-charge :( glad there are 3 more, but i hope i figure out how to put it in and take it off without breaking it. after the spouse goes to bed i will give it more testing and a better review.

stay tuned.....

I found it easier to grab the mouthpiece from the top an bottom as opposed to the sides.....

daHongsta,
Top Bottom