Portables...

max

Out to lunch
For an electric pocket portable, you might consider the Vapir Mini w/battery pack. It's a risk as far as reliability, but it's likely to last the length of your trip anyway. I know one guy who has been happy with his. Give it a burn in before first use and it should do the job.

max,

lwien

Hennessy1414 said:
ohh looks interesting....buy one and report back. we need actual vaporizer reviews from you! :brow:

:peace:
Why? I think capt'n should just quit vaping and stick to grinding. Much less complicated. ;)
I kid, I kid.......well, kinda. ;)

lwien,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
Jikaboom123 said:
I've used both the VaporGenie and the VaporStar. I have to say I prefer the VS over the VG. Much easier to use and less accidental combustion.

The best deal for the VaporStar is from EDIT. The waterpipe they give you is much better quality, and it comes with bowl/stem. Pretty cheap too.

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...Bowl_amp_Glass_Bong_Combo.cfm?iProductID=4205
Can you order the Vaporstar in the US? just wondering because all the sites I find with it are overseas..

DevoTheStrange,

captainhits

Retailer
lwien said:
Hennessy1414 said:
ohh looks interesting....buy one and report back. we need actual vaporizer reviews from you! :brow:

:peace:
Why? I think capt'n should just quit vaping and stick to grinding. Much less complicated. ;)
I kid, I kid.......well, kinda. ;)
Hennessy,
I did buy the vapman last night so you'll hear my thoughts on that soon. :brow:

Sounds like a bit of hostility there lwein ;) Imagine how boring it would be without people to stir up conversations and question the norm. :o Besides, grinding can get complicated :D

captainhits,

lwien

captainhits said:
Sounds like a bit of hostility there lwein ;) Imagine how boring it would be without people to stir up conversations and question the norm. :o Besides, grinding can get complicated :D
I know a thing or two about stirring up pots. :cool: ;)

lwien,

g124v17y

OK so I saw that last part and immediately ran to home depot and got me one of these benz-o-matic thingys. They are in the "tools" section if anyone was wondering. It is very simple to operate if you just read the instructions. Looks like a long pen.... It has a little flip out stand so that is nice. The main peice is a butane tank and torch. It has no sparks or ignition. You have to turn on the switch, (which lets butane out) and then place fire in front of it. I used my custom engraved Zippo for this occasion. So that is just the torch. Before lighting anything tho, you have to screw on the attachment that makes it a heat gun. Then (following instructions) pull the peice up and put fire in the hole. This starts the torch. When you drop the heat gun piece the fire goes out and it lights up bright orange. Now the heat gun is on. I had it on for about 30 mins straight and after it got really hot (5 mins) it became discolored at the tip. Not very badly but noticeable. I'm thinking this is just some oxidation and chem burn off. Then you take your bowl or pipe (I use the Extreme's bag elbow with a mouthpiece attached as a bowl) and load it. I then put the heat gun over the end of the bowl and inhale. BUTANE IS NOT BAD FOR YOU. I THOUGHT IT WAS, DID RESEARCH AND FOUND OUT THAT IT JUST TURNS INTO WATER VAPOR WHEN IT BURNS. If you didn't already know that I thought it was good to know. It was VERY hard to get used to. I am a combustion virgin and I combusted a little when getting used to it. I recommend level 2 for the butane because 1 requires you to be too close to the herb and anything higher requires you to be too far away. 2 gives you enough slack so you dont burn and still get a hit. I only got a vapor cloud once in my 15-30 mins of vaping. I am sufficiently stoned right now off about .01g (it was more but it was dried). It is effective and efficient, but is is VERY easy to burn your dro. finding that sweet spot is key. The butane of course has taste to it, so unless you are in that sweet spot you dont really taste the herb. I tasted it maybe 2-3 hits out of 15-20. The bowl I was using is like PD sized and I could stir it 2-4 times before having to spill and reload. Overall I would say it gets a 6 of 10. My extreme gets an 9 of 10 because it is not as portable as i would like it to be, but i love all else. That is just to show you how I rate things. The fact that you can burn the herb very easily drops this vape down a lot for me. I will post a video soon to youtube explaining how it works and how easy it was to get going and such.

Oh and it only cost me about $10.00. Plus a can of butane that was right next to it for $3. I would of course get high grade butane in the future.

g124v17y,

captainhits

Retailer
g124v17y said:
OK so I saw that last part and immediately ran to home depot and got me one of these benz-o-matic thingys. They are in the "tools" section if anyone was wondering. It is very simple to operate if you just read the instructions. Looks like a long pen.... It has a little flip out stand so that is nice. The main peice is a butane tank and torch. It has no sparks or ignition. You have to turn on the switch, (which lets butane out) and then place fire in front of it. I used my custom engraved Zippo for this occasion. So that is just the torch. Before lighting anything tho, you have to screw on the attachment that makes it a heat gun. Then (following instructions) pull the peice up and put fire in the hole. This starts the torch. When you drop the heat gun piece the fire goes out and it lights up bright orange. Now the heat gun is on. I had it on for about 30 mins straight and after it got really hot (5 mins) it became discolored at the tip. Not very badly but noticeable. I'm thinking this is just some oxidation and chem burn off. Then you take your bowl or pipe (I use the Extreme's bag elbow with a mouthpiece attached as a bowl) and load it. I then put the heat gun over the end of the bowl and inhale. BUTANE IS NOT BAD FOR YOU. I THOUGHT IT WAS, DID RESEARCH AND FOUND OUT THAT IT JUST TURNS INTO WATER VAPOR WHEN IT BURNS. If you didn't already know that I thought it was good to know. It was VERY hard to get used to. I am a combustion virgin and I combusted a little when getting used to it. I recommend level 2 for the butane because 1 requires you to be too close to the herb and anything higher requires you to be too far away. 2 gives you enough slack so you dont burn and still get a hit. I only got a vapor cloud once in my 15-30 mins of vaping. I am sufficiently stoned right now off about .01g (it was more but it was dried). It is effective and efficient, but is is VERY easy to burn your dro. finding that sweet spot is key. The butane of course has taste to it, so unless you are in that sweet spot you dont really taste the herb. I tasted it maybe 2-3 hits out of 15-20. The bowl I was using is like PD sized and I could stir it 2-4 times before having to spill and reload. Overall I would say it gets a 6 of 10. My extreme gets an 9 of 10 because it is not as portable as i would like it to be, but i love all else. That is just to show you how I rate things. The fact that you can burn the herb very easily drops this vape down a lot for me. I will post a video soon to youtube explaining how it works and how easy it was to get going and such.

Oh and it only cost me about $10.00. Plus a can of butane that was right next to it for $3. I would of course get high grade butane in the future.
Awesome, you don't waste time! Sounds like it has a learning curve like most. Thanks for the post and look forward to see the vid.

EDIT: Interesting, no comments on it. Maybe it's too simple of a design for people? :brow: Oh and then you'd be able to use all your old combustion paraphenelia -blasphemy! :p

PS: Here's a portable for ya: ;)

That'll be one blue dream delta drop please. :ko:

captainhits,

captainhits

Retailer
Update: Got a Bernz-o-matic mini because I also needed to solder something and didnt have a soldering gun. Plus it was only $10. I had the heat blower attachment on used it with my bong. It does work, but it's cook is uneven and innefficient, and way to easy to overcook. I give it a zero out of 10. Don't waste your $10 unless you need a mini torch for something else.

captainhits,

g124v17y

yea i agree with captain, i didnt even make a vid for it lol. but anyway, its a good torch, good that it can double as a vape, but it sucks as one. like i never use it. vapoman is where its at for me.

g124v17y,

smokeandskate

So I remember seeing tokin make a topic on Marijuana.com forums about a portable unit from 7th floor and well it's way past what he said there would be info about it so I just thought I'd bring it up and maybe tokin or someone else could give me an update on this.

smokeandskate,

kalinga

7th floor confirmed they have been working on a portable design and are still in the beginning stages of development up to this day. They have no idea when it will be ready or what it will be like. :peace:

kalinga,

MikRoOrganix

Erlhead!
Hey I know this is only my 2nd post, but just for kicks I ordered two Ubies from their site for very cheap. They showed up three days later in a discreet package. Fired 'em up and for the cheap cheap price I am pleased so far! I can get 4-6 BIGGG rips off of one chillum-sized packing. I have had it 4-5 days and can easily get big rips without any combustion. Bowl turns golden brown, or a little darker if I get it too hot. Have had a little burning but no cherry or smoking. It delivers BIG hits that sometimes taste like popcorn, but it really does the trick. It only takes 4-5 secs of holding the lighter to get it doing, doesn't look THAT much like crackpipe hehe... Thanks for listening and my VHW is on the way too!!

Edit - I used them steady at work for two weeks, 3 sessions a day sometimes 2 or three small packings at once. They delivered big hits. Occasional overburning and rare combusting. The glass is thin and eventually broke while I was pulling out the stem. Verdict: great if $5 is all you have. Since then I have ordered Launch Boxes, an HerbalAire and now gonna order a vapor genie. :)

MikRoOrganix,
Top Bottom