Portables...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapor_cloud said:
I actually used it dry. I had a length of food grade tubing (like a vap whip) hooked up to the VG mouth piece which ran into the glass stem of my home made plastic bottle bong. With some stick on velco I was able to secure the VG to my coffee table. It was ghetto but did work!!!

BUT

Today I visited my local headshop and they had steel bowls with the same thread as the top part of the VG. Now this is exciting coz ... I bought a $30 all glass bong with a metal stem kit and the bowl that screws onto the VGs top. Tonight I will complete my VG >>> glass bong conversion. I will post some pictures tonight. I feeling quite revolutionary here :)

Also I have perfected the torch lighter technique too and its a no burn system that works amazingly well.

:cool:
I don't have a good torch lighter yet. What is your technique?

stickstones,

doughboy

vapor_cloud said:
doughboy said:
decided to test it out with my DaBuddha Vaporizer... worked like a charm :)

Jay
mmm da buddha ... very nice vaps Jay :cool:
Yes... it is.

I have been meaning to write up a review for it.... maybe I should do that when I'm not busy enjoying it :)

Jay

doughboy,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
doughboy said:
I have been meaning to write up a review for it.... maybe I should do that when I'm not busy enjoying it :)
Haha, I said the same thing about my SSV... nearly a year and I still haven't reviewed it. More fun to use.

So how about vaping that budder? :brow:

vtac,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
vapor_cloud said:
We need to get you some glass. Hehe, j/k, I remember making those all the time, water bottle, plastic bic pen shaft and a coaxial cable piece bowl. Melt the holes with a cigarette, done and airtight in 30 seconds. :ko:

Pretty nasty, we'd always pull the ash and ember through the cable piece and plastic pen shaft too. Maybe that's why I'm so concerned about safe materials now.

Anyway, using that for vaping is another story, no fire. ;)

Nicely done!

I especially like the velcro idea. :science:

vtac,

doughboy

vtac said:
doughboy said:
Haha, I said the same thing about my SSV... nearly a year and I still haven't reviewed it. More fun to use.

So how about vaping that budder? :brow:
Yeah... it's alright.

Definitely possible, that's for sure.

At times I've added it to the mix and personally don't notice that big of a difference in the stone I get versus just the bud alone.

I can't say you'd have the same experience because I don't know if the vape high is still so new to me I can't make out the difference.

Jay

P.S. You're right about the DBV being more fun to use... the stone I get from vaping is totally different from smoking or hitting the budder, and I can confidently say I now prefer it over the rest -- the taste/smell is still really weird/foreign to me though.

doughboy,

marcuss

above the clouds
Vapolution's portabilty it's about two hours then you need to recharge for two hours...after few tests with the vaporstar i can say that a butane vape can't compare to the vapolution for healty and taste.I hate that bic aftertaste..and wood is still wood...what about the burning risk?
Stay safe and tasty!
I stay in the glass side!
Choice is up to you!

marcuss,

max

Out to lunch
paradroid said:
anyone have any experiences with the vapolution portable bat?
portable bat? You mean the battery pack? Yeah. It works as advertised.

max,

paradroid

no i mean the chillum like glass tube, the vapolution pocket vape.

i am going far from electricity so i need something entirely non electric.

paradroid,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
pvlqh6.jpg

Vapolution Pocket Vaporizer

It looks like an souped up lightbulb vape, which is basically conduction afaik. You might be better off going with a convection model like the VaporGenie. But who knows.

vtac,

max

Out to lunch
Yes the Genie or the Vaporstar is a much better vape. BTW, the Vaporstar with the Micro Pipe is the way to go IMO, vs. the larger glass pieces. Not only does it have a belt pouch, it's not open ended like the others.

paradroid, 'bat' is not a term used in the vaporizer world.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
stickstones said:
My torch lighter has a single flame so I just pulse it in2-3 second intervals. Sucking moderatly all the time 2 secs on 2 secs off 3 secs on 3 secs off. Do still get the occasional burn but its much quicker than a bic and a more even vap IMO.

vaporcloud,

marcuss

above the clouds
max said:
Yes the Genie or the Vaporstar is a much better vape. BTW, the Vaporstar with the Micro Pipe is the way to go IMO, vs. the larger glass pieces. Not only does it have a belt pouch, it's not open ended like the others.

paradroid, 'bat' is not a term used in the vaporizer world.
Probably the micro pipe is the way to go....anyway the learning curve for a butane vape like the vaporstar is never ending since you need to manage a flame that isn't the same everytime(i use bic lighter)....i don't want to be too busy when i do vape....but i know....electricity it is not everywhere!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
vapor_cloud said:
stickstones said:
My torch lighter has a single flame so I just pulse it in2-3 second intervals. Sucking moderatly all the time 2 secs on 2 secs off 3 secs on 3 secs off. Do still get the occasional burn but its much quicker than a bic and a more even vap IMO.
Do you preheat it without sucking? I would think this would be a big advantage of using a torch...just point the flame in there and let it heat a little bit before pulling. Have you tried this?

stickstones,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
No need to heat the ceremic filter up first with a torch lighter coz yo start getting vapor after only 3-4seconds of heating.

And I agree with Marcus ... its a never ending learning curve ... as the torch lighter uses up its butane the flame gets smaller and less intense so it is a guessing game some of the time.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
the learning curve for a butane vape like the vaporstar is never ending
its a never ending learning curve ... as the torch lighter uses up its butane the flame gets smaller and less intense so it is a guessing game some of the time.
:tup:

Even with an electric model direct draw is always requiring adjustments. Just like with a sports car you know like the back of your hand there's always a different twisty road to challenge you. I find it makes the experience more interesting. There are times when I just want to suck on a bag and get a dose of vapor, but after a short while the sameness of it turns me off and it's back to the whip or vapor tube for me. Then it's 'ooohh, that was a good hit. I wasn't expecting that one'. :luv:

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Have seen them in the headshops. Not much to em so you wouldn't want to pay too much. Begs the Q too, what sort of nasties are coming off a car lighter when they get hot?

vaporcloud,
Top Bottom