• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Portables...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
...which ones have you guys tried? I know marcuss has the Vapolution. I'm now thinking of getting something portable but I don't know if they are anywhere near as convenient as the old pipe.

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Well, the Extreme has a battery pack available. From what I remember of the video, it's supposed to be good for 12 bags or "all weekend" using on-demand/manual-draw with the whip.

If you want true portability, the Vaporgenie is about as close as you'll get to a vaporizer-pipe. It's not as clean or as easy to use as a dedicated ceramic element vape, but in a pinch it certainly does the trick, at only $50.

Also, the Vapir models are pretty small and battery powered, but I don't know about the construction/materials, the price is also kind of hard to justify.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I saw a Vapor Buddy by Natural Goods in the local head shop today. It was $70, which I thought was too much. They also had the Vapor Genie, but it felt cheaper than the Buddy. The Buddy was heavy and looked to be made of some sort of ceramic or something...it felt durable and was smaller.

I assume these units would take even more getting used to than using a whip.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
The vapor buddy is a shameless knockoff of the vaporgenie, how they decided to charge more than the original is beyond me. The genie is made with food safe materials, the buddy... not so sure.

You're correct, they do take some getting used to, more so than a whip, because you're also using a flame as a heat source. If you want some more info, check this review on the vaporgenie.

:cheers:

vtac,

marcuss

above the clouds
I'm ordering right now a battery pack plus smart charger that will fit in my euro plug and then my vapolution will be free to come with me in a strawberry field!!!
I'm sure that no other portable vape will do the same...vapolution's hit is so tasty!!
Glass is the best!

marcuss,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I read that Vaporgenie review...good stuff. I'm especially glad you turned me in that direction regarding the knockoff. It feels more solid and durable, but after reading what is in it, I know why...and I don't want it.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Got me a VaporGenie today and gave it a spin. My first two hits were really good and I got a little buzz. Then I grabbed some half-spent herb and tried it again...combusted some. But I have a good buzz goin' right now. This little thing is really quite good, and that's without much practice. I reread the review you linked to to help my technique. I should be a champ soon enough, as I will be using it until my new Extreme gets here.

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Got me a VaporGenie today and gave it a spin. My first two hits were really good and I got a little buzz. Then I grabbed some half-spent herb and tried it again...combusted some. But I have a good buzz goin' right now. This little thing is really quite good, and that's without much practice. I reread the review you linked to to help my technique. I should be a champ soon enough, as I will be using it until my new Extreme gets here.
Nice :) Well except for the burning. :D

I'm at my buddy's, who uses the hell out of his vaporgenie. A couple tips from the pro:

It's not just the lighter's flame that functions as the heat source, after some use you can feel the top cylinder heat up. That's due to the ceramic flame filter heating up, which itself acts as a heating element. He said that after the 2nd or 3rd bowl it really starts to work well.

Instead of always stirring the herb between each bowl, you can just leave the top on and smack the bottom of the pipe against your hand a few times. Then blow through the top to knock off any stray pieces stuck to the bottom of the flame filter. Probably won't work as well if your herb is the uber sticky, but a good time saver otherwise.

vaporgenie-lighters.jpg

A couple weeks worth of lighters from a vaporgenie chronic. :lmao:

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
You are the man...thanks for sharing those tips...I will be on it! And tell your friend thanks, too...

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
I noticed he isn't using a torch lighter? Does he have an opinion?
He's only ever used bics, I'll bring over my torch next time for some test runs. :)

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Thanks...I'm dying to know what he thinks. Your links have led me to believe that it may be a better way to use the VaporGenie after all.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Dude...I just checked out the Vapolutioin site and they have an all glass portable pipe that works with flame and comes with a lighter, refills and a carry bag for less than the VaporGenie. It is all glass and looks like you could see your herb while heating it up, taking out some of the guesswork for when to stop heating it up. This looks cool for those that need to vape on the go...wish I had seen it three weeks ago!

stickstones,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
stickstones said:
Dude...I just checked out the Vapolutioin site and they have an all glass portable pipe that works with flame and comes with a lighter, refills and a carry bag for less than the VaporGenie. It is all glass and looks like you could see your herb while heating it up, taking out some of the guesswork for when to stop heating it up. This looks cool for those that need to vape on the go...wish I had seen it three weeks ago!
That does look pretty nice. Hard to say from the pics/description but that's a conduction design, right?

Here's the product link

vtac,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It looks really simple...just heat the glass by the herb and suck. The Genie has that porous ceramic heating element that heats up the air. If this thing works, it's geniously simple. I would have to think it must be halfway decent, with how much marcuss likes his vapolution.

stickstones,

marcuss

above the clouds
Yes this portable vape is simply a piece of borosilicate all in wonder bowl....with the lighter you do the same job the vapolution does with the glass heater...easy!
I told you they are simply genius!
Sometimes i like to vaporize the yellow stuff in the a.i.w bowl in the same way this vape works....and it works!
now i try with some herb...report later!

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey I just learn that Arizer (Arizer.com) will make soon a portable vaporizer :D ,I'm sure that it will be better than the other portable vap on the market , so keep your money ;)

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
That's very exciting news. The world needs a nice clean ceramic heater compact portable vape!

If the Extreme is any indication, I think Arizer might just pull this off. Can't wait!

:tup:

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
vapor tactician said:
That's very exciting news. The world needs a nice ceramic heater compact portable vape!

If the Extreme is any indication, I think Arizer might just pull this off. Can't wait!

:tup:
this is exaclty what I reply to steve ! I wish the all glass inside & heater will be in the portable vap ...but for now it's probably TOPSECRET

Clear_Dome,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
So your info source is the man himself. :D

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I pray they can figure out a way to still allow attachments like for bongs etc. Maybe some kind of mini water cooler attachment! Hehe, now I'm dreaming.

vtac,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
he was talking me about a cheaper vap too ...probablly lot less feature than the extrem but cheaper ,probably a kind of general public vap ..

Clear_Dome,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I would love to see what Arizer comes out with! I wonder if it will be a pipe style or an electric unit.

stickstones,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I saw that thing back when I was first researchin'. Didn't see the video, though. I think it is expensive.

stickstones,
Top Bottom