Portables...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Willeh said:
The Arizer Solo has to be the best portable out right now.

Perhaps for you. There is no "best" vaporizer.

SD_haze said:
Didn't arizer say the battery pack might have to replaced annually and i could have sworn i read it was $100 to replace. (feel free to prove me wrong im not sure)

Arizer did not say that the battery pack had to be replaced annually. That is speculation, and in my opinion it is unlikely to happen. It will, however, eventually need replacing, but more likely after 2-3 years. The price is around $100 and does involve shipping the unit back to Arizer.

pakalolo,

max

Out to lunch
pakalolo said:
Willeh said:
The Arizer Solo has to be the best portable out right now.

Perhaps for you. There is no "best" vaporizer.
Absolutely right. No best vape, and no best portable. There's a pretty wide selection of portables these days, and different people are happy with different models.

SD_haze said:
Best one ive seen so far is the supreme
The Supreme is great, but stealth isn't its strong suit. It's an excellent example that you need to choose the model that fits your needs. If you're looking for 'pull out of your pocket, quick hit anytime portability', this one would be near the bottom of the list.

pakalolo said:
SD_haze said:
Didn't arizer say the battery pack might have to replaced annually and i could have sworn i read it was $100 to replace. (feel free to prove me wrong im not sure)

Arizer did not say that the battery pack had to be replaced annually. That is speculation, and in my opinion it is unlikely to happen. It will, however, eventually need replacing, but more likely after 2-3 years. The price is around $100 and does involve shipping the unit back to Arizer.
Lithium batteries should last a lot longer than a year. It does depend on how they're used, but if they crapped out in a year, with that high a replacement cost, I'm sure that type wouldn't have been chosen.

max,

gobbly

I have an iolite, and as far as a portable goes, I really like it. Took a bit to get used to, and you won't get clouds (but you will get visible vapor). Rather conservative when used properly. Certainly a personal vape.

I use a heat gun as well as a vripmaster heat wand at home.

gobbly,
The Eclipse Vape Pipe is really good for a pipe style vaporizer. It used to be called the Essential VAAAPE. Now its the Eclipse vape pipe. You get an extra vial, screens and o-rings in the new protective carry case also. They are a little pricey but well worth it.

Timmy,

Hai_Rypo_T'head

Why smoke and die, when you can vape and fly?
If you're only an occasional user, or too broke to get yourself a decent portable, an Eclipse Vape Pipe (or VaporGenie,) is probably the best alternative.

If you're a regular user, and not strapped for cash, I recommend the Magic Flight Launch Box (the cheapest), O & B iolite (or their recently announced Wispr), or maybe best of all (and most expensive?), although I haven't yet tried it, the Arizer Solo.

Fact of the day: 99% of lawyers give the others a bad name. :uhoh:

Hai_Rypo_T'head,
Hello. new to FC i posted on a diffrent topic on accident. but anyway. i am new to vaporizing. i have used a few friends vaporizers. but i am just now quitting cigarettes and smoking weed. about to purchase my first vaporizer, i do need it to be portable/concealable. im considering the vaporgenie stainless steel bat model but i have heard mixed views on it. do you have any advice on a first time vape purchase for me, it doesnt need to be vaporgenie thats just what ive considered so far, suggestions?:peace:

between 50$ and 150$ ill be logged off but ill check back on answer. :ko: tired got to sleep, later

Faded$14/88,

darco

Faded$14/88 said:
Hello. new to FC i posted on a diffrent topic on accident. but anyway. i am new to vaporizing. i have used a few friends vaporizers. but i am just now quitting cigarettes and smoking weed. about to purchase my first vaporizer, i do need it to be portable/concealable. im considering the vaporgenie stainless steel bat model but i have heard mixed views on it. do you have any advice on a first time vape purchase for me, it doesnt need to be vaporgenie thats just what ive considered so far, suggestions?:peace:

between 50$ and 150$ ill be logged off but ill check back on answer. :ko: tired got to sleep, later

I just got the Bat SS and it vapes well. Though its bigger and heavier than I expected. If only I had known of it earlier than I purchased the bat, I would have bought the Alivi8. Its similar to the bat in usage, but has a maze cooling system and smaller and a lil lighter.

If you are looking for a battery operated vape within yourbudget, get the Magic Flight Launch box. With so many people vouching for it, you wont go wrong. Though I have not used it yet, will get one sometime.

If you can stretch your budgets, get the Arizer Solo. From its features and reviews it seems to be the most advanced portable out there. My next vape :)

darco,

guardian

i just noticed the nicest vape is finally avalible for purchase :) http://rockscillc.com/ probably the only vape in the world that can hold its temperature and raise or LOWER the temperature while inhaling. i requested and was sent a diagram of internals along with the operating manuel last year or so the new and improved design seems REALLY sweet with an intergrated butane tank with viewing level and the igniter is run by a replaceble cr123a battery so it cant fail just buy another batt after probly several hundred uses or more. the temp dial is on the unit and goes from 200-450F if memory serves me the heating system is an integrated torch flame directed into to control loop chamber then through a glass bat that is the bowl. the glass bowls low profile in the unit but it has no locking mechanism so i wouldn't hold it upside down lol. at the price i would probably request an extra bowl, the old body was ceramic and i believe the casing is still ceramic just cast into a more ergonomic shape. ive watched the site for years and they were NEVER availible for sale i emailed them numerous times and was refused. so i just wanted to let EVERYONE know they can be ordered!!! :2c: -edit- : http://www.rockscillc.com/Main.htm now id like to mention this link is extremly hard to find nowadays but it has A LOT more information on the product and videos, i suggest watching the ULTIMATE DEMO it really proves this product to be out of this world but its real. i do not own one and do not believe EVERYONE can afford it, but i'm personally saving up little by little in a few months i could have a review who knows?

guardian,

Polmol

Electric smell, plastic smell, burnt smell, one-hit battery life (!), bad vapor-quality, too hot vapor, it seems like there is always an issue and that none of the portables can equal the Exteme Q or the Volcano in terms of awesomeness.

At first I wanted the wispr but then I read about the smell, then i wanted the solo but again, smell-issues, then I thought about the magic flight but the battery life is ridiculous and it seems like the vapor can get too hot. Recently I got excited about Thermovape but it seems I have to boil it? wtf?

When are we gonna see Portable = perfect?

Polmol,

OF

Polmol said:
When are we gonna see Portable = perfect?

Hey, long as we're looking for perfection, shouldn't this question be on the General list????

This one's model specific you know....

OF

OF,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
About 7 years maybe, give or take about 7 years :)

Remember you have to plug in a Extreme Q and Volcano, so, unless you want to walk around with a backpack generator you won't get the same power/precision.

There are awesome portables for herbs (like the NO2, Solo, MFLB, more) - that can get "the job" done.

Why would you want to walk around with a chimney?

You can draw a simple picture on you Smart Phone, but if you want to make a Pixar stlye 3D movie, you'll need a computer much bigger, and better, and not portable.

sessnet,

eLiguL

Perfect? Never.

Have you tried the Omicron? I switched from VG to Omicron and havent looked back.

eLiguL,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
I think I found what you are looking for, I call it the Magic Solocron :D

p2033047.jpg

but joking aside i don't think there will ever be a perfect vape, especially when everyones idea of perfect will be different. imho i think it will alway boil down to a combination of vapes.

ilovebOObs,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
There's always a tradeoff...

Convection is the best tasting, most efficient method of getting vapor, but heating a heat exchanger to heat air requires a pretty large amount of energy. Doing so quickly is even more energy intensive, so you have options...

The MFLB has a rechargeable battery, but batteries only last a session or two. Also metal and wood in the airpath can lead to odd tastes, but they are durable and heat up quickly. Part of the reason the MFLB works at all is that it's heating up the plant matter directly rather than the air (at least in part). Heating air alone would take massive amounts more energy.

The vapor genie and other vapes like that are great in theory, but in practice, commercial butane is not pure, and even torch lighters produce NOx or CO if they're not reacting perfectly adiabatically. Long term inhalation of the byproducts of combustion of commercial butane remains unstudied.

My vapes are as portable as your torch lighter, and your experience with them largely relies on getting a decent torch. You can go through a lot of butane if you end up vaping all the time, glass is going to be more breakage prone than wood and metal, and if you're not careful it's possible to burn yourself on the hot glass. I still love 'em, though, because the flavor is unreal, and using a torch is completely manageable if you get a decent one. A case of butane will last years and years, as well.

It's really all about tradeoffs, simply because of the nature of the beast. We're lucky to enjoy ample power in our homes, but when you try to make something that uses a large amount of power portable, well, just take a look at the laptop computer. Li-Ion tech is great, but expensive, and lithium is a finite resource... once hydrogen fuel cell tech is really advanced, we may see smaller, better vapes, but at the moment you can only pack so much into a small package.

gn0me,

Polmol

So gnOme, which one would you say right now is the best? I don't care about the price, I mean the best overall in your opinion?

Polmol,

Stone__Man

too funny boobs :lol: :lol: :lol:

time to goggle *adiabatically ;) they say you should learn something everyday :cool:

speaking of good torch lighters, what are good torch lighters? I have no clue about them, how much is needed to be spent to get a good one to last. I seen somewhere a mention of Honest brand torches to be good and cheap too. anyone? gnome? sessnet?

Stone__Man,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
Bio's right there - each has its ups and downs, but what's right for you depends on what you're willing to give up/put up with versus what you gain.

Of course, I'm going to have to tout my own products - you'd be hard pressed to find a better flavor in a portable vape. But, since it relies on a torch/torch lighter for use, your experience depends heavily on which torch you get. I'm in the process of ordering a few various styles to test out, in the end offering them alongside the vapes, for the best user experience. The other issue is the all-glass screen - finely powdered plants can fall through easily and wind up in the user's mouth, if there is no metal screen installed. It works excellently with humidified herbs though, especially when they're just crumbled instead of put through a grinder.

The others have advantages too - if you plan on throwing your vape across a room, you probably don't want one made of glass, but you'll have to put up with the various flavors of metal and wood, and the incredibly short battery life experienced when using electric elements. Other vapes consume less butane, but rely on the inhalation of the products of butane combustion...

Trying to come up with the winning combination is almost an art more than science :)

gn0me,

gn0me

gnonsensical
Manufacturer
Stone__Man said:
speaking of good torch lighters, what are good torch lighters? I have no clue about them, how much is needed to be spent to get a good one to last. I seen somewhere a mention of Honest brand torches to be good and cheap too. anyone? gnome? sessnet?

Honest is probably the best brand on Dealextreme - Of the cheap Chinese torches, at least they have a name... the value for the price is definitely high.

Blazer makes excellent torches, and they're made in Japan instead of China, so there's a measure more quality there. Most of the Honest designs are copies of the Blazer torches, so that should say something, at least. I absolutely LOVE my ES1000 from them - it's taken a bunch of falls and still works like the day I got it.

I'm ordering a few of the Honest torches, since people seem to demand lighters on the ultra cheap side, even if a lighter and a piece of glass can substitute for a much more expensive piece of equipment. I'll grab a few of the Blazers and do my best to tout their advantages, but sometimes it's only price that sells (even if they break later)

gn0me,
Top Bottom